Elsa
19 20.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Votes: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 5th, 2018, 08:31 PM #321
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

With Ralph Breaks the Internet being released at the end of this month, the directors of that movie were asked if the Princesses could carry their own movie by themselves.

Phil Johnston: Someone could do it, yeah.

Rich Moore: Definitely. It's, again, it depends on how the audience reacts to it...

Phil Johnston: And what's the story? It's always that for me. If there's a good story to be told...
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246...ctors-weigh-in

I believe it can be done if they get the right people behind it.
ranger_scout is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2018, 08:35 PM #322
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

ranger_scout wrote: View Post

With Ralph Breaks the Internet being released at the end of this month, the directors of that movie were asked if the Princesses could carry their own movie by themselves.

I agree that the right story would be crucial but honestly even if the story was crap, I still think that the movie would bring people in just for the idea of people seeing the Disney Princesses interacting with each other.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:07 PM #323
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

There's a 100% guarantee that some people would be lamenting or complaining why Ralph Breaks wasn't just about the Disney Princesses in the first place, I'm sure. The early marketing for the film certainly hasn't helped matters, and they're also to lament on why they went the extra mile to bring back all the original alive actors for something that's only 5-10% of the movie.

The bit of the official poster of all the pissed off princesses though still cracks me up.

Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 01:32 AM #324
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

A Disney Princesses film? I'm down for that.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:14 PM #325
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Here are some photos of the princesses gathered together at the premiere of Ralph Braks the Internet. Anika Noni Rose (Tiana), Kelly MacDonald (Merida), Kristen Bell (Anna), and Idina Menzel (Elsa) weren't there because they were probably very busy.

From left: Irene Bedard (voice of Pocahontas), Kate Higgins (voice of Aurora), Jennifer Hale (voice of Cinderella), Jodi Benson (voice of Ariel), Mandy Moore (voice of Rapunzel), Sarah Silverman (voice of Vanellope), Ming-Na Wen (voice of Mulan), Paige O’Hara (voice of Belle), Linda Larkin (voice of Jasmine), Auli’i Cravalho (voice of Moana), and Pamela Ribon (voice of Snow White).
I've been very fortunate to meet these three extremely talented ladies over the past two years.

I also got to meet her in 2016, which was awesome.

Linda Larkin was also really cool when I met her back in April.

Here are the ones I haven't met yet. Jennifer Hale, who also used to voice Aurora, said that Kate is amazing and she think the role is in good hands. I also really enjoyed her as the voice of Sailor Mercury and Pauline in Super Mario Odyssey .

Not only is Pamela Ribon voicing Snow White, she also wrote the film's script.

Irene Bedard is voicing Pocahontas in a film for the first time in abaout 20 years.

Auli'i Cravalho and Mandy Moore also bring a lot to their characters.

This is also another great photo.

https://ew.com/movies/ralph-breaks-t...s-the-internet
Old November 6th, 2018, 06:19 PM #326
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

While they're not in the line due to not much development and haven't seen that other movie or tv show much that showed them more than the original movie, thought I'd ask guys their thoughts on the other sea princesses, Ariel's sisters? Know a few guys like them, and heard that the third movie as well as older materials clashed on their ages. (Apparently the order the first movie introduced them was the original oldest to youngest before Ariel, but heard it changed).
Dragonwolf Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 12:02 PM #327
> John Pannozzi
Power Ranger

John Pannozzi
Power Ranger

This is super old news, but Keira Knightley also has a problem with Disney Princesses, and won't let her daughter watch their movies:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...r_breakingnews
John Pannozzi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 07:11 PM #328
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

John Pannozzi wrote: View Post

This is super old news, but Keira Knightley also has a problem with Disney Princesses, and won't let her daughter watch their movies:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...r_breakingnews
Pfft, the movies are still good sheesh. Also man, her talking about her daughter's desire to dress up as a witch on Halloween as boring just comes across as...weird to me. Like...should you be criticizing your young daughter's choice in costume after going on about a movie like Cinderella where you feel it's bad cause she lets someone else rescue her? I don't know, just comes off weird to me.

And I mean Little Mermaid, sure she gives up her voice for a guy, it's not like people don't do silly or even stupid things to try and win a crush or whatever. And she then learns the folly of her decision, teaching moment.

Eh, anyway! Yeah, I mean a Princess movie could be fun I guess but it would need a good script. Though as someone said, even with a bad script it'll make money. As a kids film it gets the bonus bucks by parents having to buy tickets to take their kids, and being a kids movie the kids will want to see it probably regardless, so it's almost guaranteed to succeed. Now, whether it ends up as something memorable or just laughably forgettable...yeah that hinges on a good script.

Also wonder if Disney will ever officially induct any more princesses since the last actual one was Merida despite them lumping Anna & Elsa, and now Moana, in with the bunch.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 07:25 PM #329
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Alitain wrote: View Post

Also wonder if Disney will ever officially induct any more princesses since the last actual one was Merida despite them lumping Anna & Elsa, and now Moana, in with the bunch.
It's at this point I'm starting to wonder if maybe Disney quietly did away with that whole induction ceremony.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 07:35 PM #330
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

They should officially announce the rules for becoming a Disney Princess as there are clearly some.
MutekiDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 07:35 PM #331
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

TeraMan wrote: View Post

It's at this point I'm starting to wonder if maybe Disney quietly did away with that whole induction ceremony.
I wonder that as well. But all their official websites and such don't include things for the Frozen sisters or Moana. So yeah it's weird. I mean if you're just going to include those three in the Princess stuff anyways, then include them and just add them to the site and all. Don't need to roll out the fanfare or anything, but you think it'd be simple to put them on the site. Oh well, is what it is, just continues to be a weird thing.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 07:44 PM #332
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

I mean Frozen on it's own is selling well so until that money dries up they won't be part of the Princess group.

Moana, I don't know.
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 09:08 PM #333
> Primal Slayer
Power Ranger

Primal Slayer
Power Ranger

They just need to think backwards. If these were all men then they'd be saving the damsels in distress. So have the Princesses save all of their men.
Primal Slayer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 09:12 PM #334
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

I mean one problem is that alot of the girl's time periods don't really match up.
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 09:12 PM #335
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

If that was the plot of a hypothetical movie that'd be great, but I would just dread the amount of backlash and clickbait crap and violently volatile videos that'll pop up about feminism and a certain three-letter acronym.

I mean, if it were to be a deconstruction of the idea, Enchanted got to that chestnut first. And kinda overdid it IMO.
Old November 9th, 2018, 09:21 PM #336
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Here are the Disney Princess voice actresses being interviewed at the premiere of Ralph Breaks the Internet along with Sarah Silverman. They didn't interview Irene Bedard though. Also, Kate Higgins said that Aurora won't have a lot of lines in the film, no surprise, but she's still glad to be a part of it.

Old November 22nd, 2018, 07:41 AM #337
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

So I'm sure this was already seen, but here's the full scene of Vanellope running into and first meeting the Princesses.

And I just got back from the film. For all the jokes made and seen in the trailers, clips, and what's carried over into the film, the Princesses in Ralph 2 are actually treated with great respect.

Once they get all dressed down into casual gear, they are helpful to Vanellope's character path in the film in wanting to follow her dreams. Tons of callbacks are made to their films, whether it's quoting lines, lyrics, or making jokes to stuff that happened to them.

They are also the cavalry in the climax, after the giant virus manifestation of Ralph's insecurities is defeated and he's plummeting to his death, the Princesses use their abilities to rescue Ralph. Cue TONS AND TONS of throwbacks and great moments to previous films, including if I'm not mistaken, a medley of musical cues from past films while each Princess gets their chance to shine as they save Ralph.

And finally during the listing of actors names for the voices, while the main characters and extras are listed together, the Princesses are listed in their own section separately.

After seeing them here, I certainly wouldn't mind that Princess-focused film to get off the ground now.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 10:43 AM #338
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Here are five reasons why the Princesses deserve their own movie. These are all very good points.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246...heir-own-movie
Old November 22nd, 2018, 01:03 PM #339
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

Here are five reasons why the Princesses deserve their own movie. These are all very good points.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246...heir-own-movie
Those ideas could work. Though I wouldn't use the internet versions we see in Ralph. If anything the Palace Pets' connections could work and open up a possible multiverse akin to Kingdom Hearts but not actually reference KH.
MutekiDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2018, 10:20 AM #340
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Ms. Mojo ranked the top 10 comfy outfits worn by the Disney Princesses in Wreck-It Ralph. I agree with them that Elsa's really is the least surprising out of all of them, especially because of the colors and words on her shirt.