Home Menu

Menu

Old March 15th, 2013, 11:52 AM #1
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

Linkara's History of Power Rangers (Don't ask about new episodes)

edit- SOME BASIC RULES - DO NOT ask when the next review is coming. DO NOT ask if Linkara has finished watching, reviewing, or thinking about any given episode or season. DO NOT ask for an update on the progress of this series, or bump the thread just for a random question that has likely been answered dozens of times before. DO NOT post untagged spoilers about seasons that have not been reviewed yet. Any of these can be interpreted as a breach of the thread rules and thus grounds for infraction.

------
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...s/linkara/hopr

From Channel Awesome (the source of "That Guy With the Glasses") the contributor named Linkara has created a multi-part, season by season retrospective of Power Rangers. He has started with seasons 1 and 2 so far. The introduction and further links (at the end of the blip video) are at the following link:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...s-introduction

It's pretty good so far and a good retrospective.

(Now complete up to SPD.)

Last edited by Multiple Man; June 16th, 2013 at 05:41 PM.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:57 AM #2
> Kayube
Midoranger

Kayube
Midoranger

That first post kind of needs some editing considering that he's done a lot more than just the first two seasons at this point!
Kayube is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:59 AM #3
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

I was copying over the one from the old thread.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:19 PM #4
> Linkara
Power Ranger

Linkara
Power Ranger

It's like Fight Club rules. You don't talk about History of Power Rangers, even in the History of Power Rangers thread.

But yeah, restarting the thread is probably good. ^^

For those who want to know: I'm through Mystic Force to episode 17: Ranger Down.
Linkara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:26 PM #5
> Tokuman
Power Ranger

Tokuman
Power Ranger

Is there a new episode out yet?

Naw just kidding. Sorry I was just so tempted. XD

But well I admit that I do enjoy being able to see these introspections on the seasons that I didn't care to watch.
Tokuman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:54 PM #6
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

I watched the Pod Cast that was posted of the sentai suits. I enjoyed it, and I find the speculation of Saban having a second female for the new sentai adaptation interesting.

As much as I'd love to see that, I doubt we will. I always saw the gender changes done in LG - WF, as a safety net. Meaning there has always been two females per team, and breaking that formula could hurt the show.

However with NS, DT and JF disney kept the genders the same, proving that it can be done with out hurting the show. Unfortunately because of this I can see Saban also leaving the genders alone. Unless we are lucky and Saban indeed wants the ratio to be 3 guys vs 2 girls regardless.
Dyl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:02 PM #7
> PhazonRanger
Power Ranger

PhazonRanger
Power Ranger

I didn't know threads could reach a maximum post count....
Pretty awesome.

*patiently waits for MF review*
PhazonRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:05 PM #8
> puppet
Shabadoobie Bad Touch

puppet
Shabadoobie Bad Touch

Dyl wrote: View Post

However with NS, DT and JF disney kept the genders the same, proving that it can be done with out hurting the show. Unfortunately because of this I can see Saban also leaving the genders alone. Unless we are lucky and Saban indeed wants the ratio to be 3 guys vs 2 girls regardless.
Huh. I honestly hope that's the case, because, well, I always thought Stag Buster would be a somewhat easy gender flip, (at least compared to Beet, Blue, and of course Red,) and make for a fun dynamic we hadn't really seen in PR before.
puppet is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:07 PM #9
> Green1
Green Ranger Power!

Green1
Green Ranger Power!

Linkara wrote: View Post

It's like Fight Club rules. You don't talk about History of Power Rangers, even in the History of Power Rangers thread.
This makes my brain hurt.
Green1 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:11 PM #10
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

So I listen to the history of Super Sentai suits, & I gotta say it's depressing to hear he hate the Bouken/OO suits.....
DJ1107 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:27 PM #11
> Linkara
Power Ranger

Linkara
Power Ranger

DJ1107 wrote: View Post

So I listen to the history of Super Sentai suits, & I gotta say it's depressing to hear he hate the Bouken/OO suits.....
Sorry, just a difference of opinion. They're just not aesthetically pleasing to me.
Linkara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:31 PM #12
> Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay
Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay

I did listen to that podcast rundown of the suits provided in the previous thread. Definitely interesting to hear even though I disagree with some of it.

Though unless I closed it early, they missed one- Akibaranger.
Arkvoodle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:32 PM #13
> Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay
Zander Yurami
Nerdy NotionZ

32 eBay

Arkvoodle wrote: View Post

I did listen to that podcast rundown of the suits provided in the previous thread. Definitely interesting to hear even though I disagree with some of it.

Though unless I closed it early, they missed one- Akibaranger.
Akibaranger doesnt count
Zander Yurami is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:44 PM #14
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

Linkara wrote: View Post

Sorry, just a difference of opinion. They're just not aesthetically pleasing to me.
I know it's a personal opinion I'm not going to argue with you on that hell you hate RH&TO & I enjoy the hell outta the book. I'm just speaking outloud is all.

Makes me wonder though on what you think of the Megazord.
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:18 PM #15
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

The Gosei-Gokai suit switchover possibility is a good point actually; it certainly would look odd if it were to happen. Zeo-Turbo, as much as that didn't make sense either, could be given a bit of leeway if the theory of Billy/themselves creating the powers is taken into account.

As for the female switchover talks, the thing about Mystic Force retaining their male yellow was the fact that MF/Magiranger already had two female to begin with. Ninja Storm though...yeah, no way to work around that. Though there were plans during Amit's Hexagon idea to create an original female Thunder Ranger to work alongside the already established two.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:54 PM #16
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

DJ1107 wrote: View Post

But it shouldn't matter what he thinks, that is just his opinion. I love the Gingaman/LG suits and people trash them quite frequently, but I don't care. I still love them regardless.
Dyl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:59 PM #17
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

Dyl wrote: View Post

But it shouldn't matter what he thinks, that is just his opinion. I love the Gingaman/LG suits and people trash them quite frequently, but I don't care. I still love them regardless.
I know I just said that to Linkara. It's just I thought those would've been suit designs he would've liked.
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:59 PM #18
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Maybe he means depressing in a sense that, even before Linkara watches the show proper, he's put off by yet another thing.

Past posts, previous comments and other things like this podcast are an indication that he is certainly not gonna look forward to OO.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 05:02 PM #19
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Great podcast, Linkara. Regarding a few things:

-Honestly outside the weirdness of the BF suits, my least favorite are probably the Changeman ones. (even though the season rocks; think PR in Space done over 10 years earlier but with the military as the Rangers and with some interesting perspective on the effects of war on people and aliens alike) It's not just the sports bra but its that horrible raised plastic they put over a thin sliver of a mask cover that just makes it seem all bizarre) And the representative creatures are just on this weird slab around the top center of the helmet...it's bizarre that after Sun Vulcan and Goggle V finally got helmets that worked, they messed with them until they finally returned to it by Maskman.

-Favorite suit...sort of torn between Deka/SPD and Mega/In Space. Deka is very much using a uniform that is simple and shows off the police aspect and has nice touches like the angles and the sirens on the helmets; while Mega, as you said, just looks like an alien outfit as if it came from a video game or from space, with the attribute in the helmet. Also have to say the MagiShine/Solaris Knight of the sixths, mostly cause of the really neat Arabian Nights motif.

-I think the Bioman and Time Force/Timeranger black makes sense cause of the cool LED effect they try to incorperate in the helmets.

-I love the Bouken/OO suits as well, mostly because it is a uniform for an organization in charge of dealing with supernatural objects and, like Indiana Jones, putting them in a museum. The outfits look like those meant for purpose than for aesthetics and even the compass logo in the center shows that they are showing who they are and what they're doing for society.

-One thing I feel disappointed no one pointed out for the review was the gemstones on the Goggle V helmets; that is the power source of this team and it gives a really nice touch to the helmets with a bit of majesty as well as is used for the counting aspects based on it. (with a weird one for Black since he is "two" and uses a diamond but it's based on a cross/axis)
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 08:39 PM #20
> SirianRex
Power Ranger

SirianRex
Power Ranger

What's this about a podcast? Can I have a link, please? =3

EDIT: Never mind, found it.
http://sentairangers.com/podcasts/pspr/

Last edited by SirianRex; March 15th, 2013 at 10:43 PM.
SirianRex is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
a very defensive linkara, defensive everyone, don't ask, half assed era, he!!! is not a god, linkara mad, linkara smash!, megaforce > linkara, megaforce > samurai, megaforce vs overdrive, mystic force sucks too, neo neo neo neo neo zeo?, piss poor pronunciation, samurai is the worst, what the hell is a neo?