Menu

Old August 19th, 2018, 03:37 PM #81
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

grnrngr wrote: View Post

Many is not enough.
It's not enough until they sell a Wheel of Misfortune.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 03:37 PM #82
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

One thing that just occurred to me: BoJ has mostly stopped making Figuarts of Sentai, right? Other than rehashes of Zyuranger/MMPR, they haven't released anything from more recent seasons.
Which means when Hasbro sweeps past Go-Busters into newer seasons like Kyuranger and Zyuohger, they'll be the collectors line for Ranger figures. Japanese fans will have to import the inevitable figures for Kyuranger and Lupinranger/Patoranger to get decent figures of them. That's wild. And I won't be surprised if Hasbro is keenly aware of that fact.
Cuchulainn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 03:58 PM #83
> StealthFury
Power Ranger

StealthFury
Power Ranger

Fingers crossed for that a Scorpina figure shows up somewhere in this line.
StealthFury is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 19th, 2018, 04:21 PM #84
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

It's not enough until they sell a Wheel of Misfortune.
I want my Wizard Of Deception with actual cloth cloak damnit.
a squad is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 04:24 PM #85
> TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

Man, that MMPR White Ranger figure looks amazing. The Tommy head looks much better than the Figuart version (but then again, there is really nothing to compare either figure besides looking at photos of them). Can’t wait to see the rest of the Lightning Collection whenever they are revealed. I am getting goosebumps just thinking about the Megazord and Power Morphers.
TZKBTJ is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 04:32 PM #86
> jtmiley
Just call me Smiley

jtmiley
Just call me Smiley

I just hope they do justice to the female team members. The Legacy women were just horribly misshaped and couldn't stand up to save their lives.
jtmiley is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 04:36 PM #87
> grnrngr
VIP Ranger

eBay
grnrngr
VIP Ranger

eBay

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

One thing that just occurred to me: BoJ has mostly stopped making Figuarts of Sentai, right? Other than rehashes of Zyuranger/MMPR, they haven't released anything from more recent seasons.
Which means when Hasbro sweeps past Go-Busters into newer seasons like Kyuranger and Zyuohger, they'll be the collectors line for Ranger figures. Japanese fans will have to import the inevitable figures for Kyuranger and Lupinranger/Patoranger to get decent figures of them. That's wild. And I won't be surprised if Hasbro is keenly aware of that fact.
Ignoring the Figuarts for a second, the American figures have always been the way to go figure-wise as figures aren't part of the normal offerings in Japan.

Want the figures? Get them from the U.S.
Want the zords? Get them from Japan.

If anything, it will be the competition with the latter which will be very interesting.
grnrngr is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 04:44 PM #88
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

The Lightning White Ranger looks good- this might be an excellent replacement for Legacy.

I like the suit crease details but with the added articulation, it risks looking too baggy. Ideally it would just a smidge smoother at the abs and elbow/knees, otherwise it becomes a bit busy.

I get why people are saying he looks long. The neck is about 1mm too long (I think to stop the neck joint interfering with the top of the shield), the torso is about 1.5/2mm too long (I think this is like this to stop the shield from interfering with the ab crunch) and the thighs are about 1 or 2 mm too long. Tiny, tiny little details but your eye does pick up on them.

I'm most excited about civilian heads. I know we're not going to get every Ranger ever. I know we're not going to get a figure that includes obscure characters like Chad, but what we do get will still make for a good display.

If we don't get an extra head to replace Tommy's with Richie I will consider this line a failure.

I will LMAO if they dip into obscure things like the dark ranger's from season 2
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 04:49 PM #89
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

If we don't get an extra head to replace Tommy's with Richie I will consider this line a failure.

I will LMAO if they dip into obscure things like the dark ranger's from season 2
I mean it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility. Look at the Star Wars BS. They’ve released characters that are literally in ONE SCENE of a movie.
a squad is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 04:52 PM #90
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

a squad wrote: View Post

I mean it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility. Look at the Star Wars BS. They’ve released characters that are literally in ONE SCENE of a movie.
Well that's Star Wars though. The tatooine bartender has a 3 page bio.

Here's a small comparison to the figuarts VS the lightning version

I think Bandai did the airbrush approach compared to painting on the sculpted face
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 04:58 PM #91
> TyrannoAdam
Power Ranger

TyrannoAdam
Power Ranger

Yeah Cole and Trini are the ones I'm probably most concerned about because of what happened to both actors especially the tragedy surrounding Thuy. With Cole it's going to be a very sticky situation, I love the character but I suppose in this day and age the relatives or friends of the victim might kick up a fuss and as far as I'm aware I don't know any company who's put out figures of people who are convicted so that's a very sticky situation.

Someone mentioned likeness, with the photo real tech it'd be no issue, recently Hasbro have put out a Star wars figure of Grand Moff Tarkin played by Peter Cushing who died many years ago. The figure is spot on to his likeness right down to his off center nose. If they can nail Peter Cushing, young Harrison Ford and some others they've put out recently I've no doubt they'll nail each and every ranger.

Exclusives are going to be interesting because if they include civilian heads and weapons then the niche is smaller. What hasbro have been doing from a marvel legends, Star wars and transformers stand point is straight up repaints. Where and how they fit repaints in is anyone's guess because there's not much room to wiggle there but what I can see is repaints of villains, monsters and soldier figures. In the past Hasbro have put in an exclusive item with repaints like the scepter of the primes with four primes in transformers, han in Carbonite and various coloured clone troopers for star wars and maskless defenders sets and exclusive team sets for marvel legends inspired by Netflix or the comics. I think hasbro are behind this franchise from the effort and comments they've made thus far, there's lots of potential and they've been playing around with multiple gimmicks in transformers for some time now that will assist power rangers. I hope the lightning line succeeds but Hasbro do have a tendency to overload a wave with an unpopular figure and then put less of a popular figure in. They're doing straight cases for star wars now for example with Darth revan so who knows, if hasbro were ever to do this franchise right the time is now because with star wars and marvel they're killing it. They also make real life interpretations of some star wars figures so I wouldn't be surprised if use comic exclusive characters.
TyrannoAdam is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 05:07 PM #92
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

It's not an issue, just a hurdle. They discussed Thuy's likeness at PMC.

What's the "inside editions" book that comes out "in just a few weeks"? Is he talking about Visual History?

ALSO

"we're not asking you to buy teams now"
Old August 19th, 2018, 05:19 PM #93
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Man. That joke with Goldar about knocking old BoA toys off the table was savage. Hasbro has got to have amazing stuff under their belt to be this gutsy.
Cuchulainn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 05:33 PM #94
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay

jtmiley wrote: View Post

I just hope they do justice to the female team members. The Legacy women were just horribly misshaped and couldn't stand up to save their lives.
Yes. That’s not how spandex works on breasts and the waist was too thin on them.
Anyway, I’ll remain skeptical until we see actual production versions on shelves. Prototypes and promises are meaningless to me until we see the actual product and whether or not they’ll continue with quality with later waves.
Lord-Zero is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 05:54 PM #95
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Xenotome wrote: View Post

I think The DiFilippo's will throw a bitch fit over that for stealing their likeness (regardless of whether they have any legal standing or not).
Which is the exact reason why they should do it. Sheer hilarity.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 19th, 2018, 06:59 PM #96
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

1- thank goodness I didnt spend money on those helmetless figuarts.

2- Civillian Head, AND weapons for $20? Which Bandai omitted both for some lame BAF? Hasbro won already. You’re getting more bang for your buck.

3- I hope they include replacement rangers and all actors. Its more to pr than just the originals. For example I would love a gold ranger with a trey head (Like him on not he did alot for the zeo rangers). Or a Karone head for pink lost galaxy. Mmpr replacements should be a given seeing that the mmpr story countinued (and arguably got better) with the rocky adam aisha lineup.
Hahaha, they just put out a pack of alternate heads. That'd be hilarious.

bearytrek wrote: View Post

i wonder what unmasked Shadow Ranger Doggie is going to look like...or how many incarnations of the Dino Charge suits they will make...or battlized versions...or even the gender-swapped Super Megaforce versions of suits...i guess they have years to figure that out...
Definitely could see battlizers and SM gender swapped suits as con exclusives. Though realistically with the number of actual rangers out there I doubt they'd do the gender swapped suits. Battlizers, possibly and likely con exclusives. Though there could be a chance for the couple seasons like MF, SPD, etc to have a special wave or two of powered up forms. If they already have released them normally, do special waves for those and cut out the civilian head to make up the cost for the extra parts involved in the form. Plus, no real need for extra heads.

They could release the MMPR set as metallic and give them Rocky, Adam, and Aisha heads that'd at least be a way. Though I wouldn't care to buy those figures just for the heads...but it'd be probably the best option. Unless maybe ninjetti suits but I don't know.

Oh and if we're throwing out various figures ideas don't forget A-Squad.

Lord-Zero wrote: View Post

Yes. That’s not how spandex works on breasts and the waist was too thin on them.
Anyway, I’ll remain skeptical until we see actual production versions on shelves. Prototypes and promises are meaningless to me until we see the actual product and whether or not they’ll continue with quality with later waves.
What?! No, I'm certain fabric totally conforms to the curvature of the breasts exactly! Anime wouldn't lie to me! hahaha, yeah no. I mean I get it though at times with figures, why they go that route. So I don't think it's the most horrible thing in the world, hell I was still considering buying Kat just to have her figure. That being said, obviously it can be done better and I after seeing this demo effectively, I have confidence they'll turn out alright.

Oh man, I would love it so much if they released the '17 movie rangers. This kinda detail, the figures would actually look good unlike the Legacy ones and I could get awesome movie figures at last.

Last edited by Alitain; August 19th, 2018 at 06:59 PM.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 07:10 PM #97
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Regarding Thuy head sculpt:

“Current cast is much easier to capture, but in terms of respecting cast members that are perhaps no longer with us it’s certainly a challenge.”

“Authenticity is one thing we really want to capture. . .we have a library of archive that we we’re going through and capture, especially. . .cast that (have passed). So we’re working through it to find a way but definitely we’ll be able to deliver. Especially the classic cast."
Regarding Bandai:

“It’s like seeing a Power Ranger figure for the first time. and I can’t stress that enough, I say this respectfully, historically, lots of 'roided out figs that were choking on their own collar bones, if you know what I’m talking about. This is a whole new ballgame.”
Regarding Japanese moulds:

“We’re inheriting a lot of relationships from Saban, through Hasbro, and we’re analyzing those and being very careful and again trying to make the best strategic decisions possible for you guys. So, standby on that for now."
Just MMPR?:

“No, no - Anthology collection. This is not like, hey, you’re going to buy Mighty Morphin again & Mighty Morphin again & Mighty Morphin again this is truly an anthology collection and when you see the rest of wave 1 over the next few months you’re going to understand implicitly: it’s a whole. New. Day.”

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; August 19th, 2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old August 19th, 2018, 07:16 PM #98
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

... It’s a whole. New. Day.
Starting to really feel like it, isn't it?
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 07:18 PM #99
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

“It’s a whole. New. Day.
So we're gonna get Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston and Big E dressed as rangers?

I'll see myself out.

Thunder is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 07:23 PM #100
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

And can I say that I love that BoA's last big exclusive, Drakkon, that they've been building up for almost a year... has fucked up legs?
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends