Home Menu

Menu

Old April 7th, 2019, 12:40 PM #3721
> Mutant Green
Mighty Mutant

Mutant Green
Mighty Mutant

Well, that's weird. Everywhere I saw (before hand) reported Billy/Zack/Trini coming out together (late 2018)....and that SEEMS like it would make more sense.
-3 for wave 1
-3 for wave 2

Wonder why they were planning an entire 3rd wave just to get Trini out?

In any event, I accidentally stumbled across the dead Walmart listing for her;
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bandai-Po...nger/492782416
Mutant Green is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2019, 07:16 PM #3722
> grnrngr
VIP Ranger

eBay
grnrngr
VIP Ranger

eBay

Mutant Green wrote: View Post

Wonder why they were planning an entire 3rd wave just to get Trini out?
No one will like how this sounds (including me), but the fact of the matter is is that a wave with only Zack, Billy, and Trini is a wave of all secondary Rangers, at least in terms of toy sales.

I have no idea why they made these figures $19.99 nor why they did cases of six. This release was baffling in more ways than not.
grnrngr is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 7th, 2019, 08:32 PM #3723
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

im sure it just came down to they thought the 25th anniversary would drive the nostalgia to maximum levels. they also probably put the "secondary rangers" in the back because since they knew they were loosing the license. they can put out a ton of tommy and jason knowing those will sell. they wanted to maximize profits in case the figures didnt sell well enough to get to the second half of figures.

honestly after it was announced the pink and yellow psychos were scrapped i knew it didnt look good for trini. im a LITTLE surprised she didnt make it, but not very.
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2019, 07:48 AM #3724
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

I still stand behind the idea of them just making all original 6 in just one case/wave.. and the second wave of the flipheads being series 2.. white ranger alone would have been a big seller.

The problem was that they re-released figures that are still common as hell on ebay.. and then charging $20 for them...

Oh well. Another bandai screwup.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2019, 07:53 AM #3725
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

The problem was that they re-released figures that are still common as hell on ebay.. and then charging $20 for them...
I think the price was the least-issuey issue here. $12.99 might have been a more appealing price, but I don't think it would've gotten the assortment into a substantially greater number of hands.

People still bought them, people still sought them out, and people were still upset they couldn't spend $20 on the same Trini figure from 1993.

The idea wasn't broken, the implementation was.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2019, 08:04 PM #3726
> DrGreenEvil
The Good Doctor

DrGreenEvil
The Good Doctor

I actually saw a Blue Psycho Ranger today in Gamestop. Proof of existence. It was crazy.
But sister store ThinkGeek had a ton of Legacy MMPR on the shelves.
Hoping all of this leftover Bandai stuff will go on clearance soon.
DrGreenEvil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 09:27 PM #3727
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

I'm surprised that the re-release of the auto morph figures, still had their animal on the chest. I thought they would've fixed it especially for high $20 price. People who are fans of these figures would probably pay that much for show accurate versions
Dyl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 09:31 PM #3728
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Dyl wrote: View Post

I'm surprised that the re-release of the auto morph figures, still had their animal on the chest. I thought they would've fixed it especially for high $20 price. People who are fans of these figures would probably pay that much for show accurate versions
That would imply anybody would be willing to tell Saban that the coins on their chest were ugly and I don't think anyone was willing to do that. I like that Hasbro jumped right out when they unveiled shit that they'd created a new style guide and got rid of the coins. At least we know we'll never see them again now...
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 09:43 PM #3729
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

The point was to sell us the exact same toy as 25 years ago. They made slight changes to improve the figures quality, but changing such a significant part of its asthetic would ruin the point of the toys.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 14th, 2019, 09:58 PM #3730
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

The aesthetic is bad and they should be bad...
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 11:10 PM #3731
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Xenotome wrote: View Post

I like that Hasbro jumped right out when they unveiled shit that they'd created a new style guide and got rid of the coins.
What's this referring to? I feel like I missed something big.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2019, 08:59 AM #3732
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Im glad you said that i had no idea what ws going on either. Lol.
Old May 8th, 2019, 11:09 PM #3733
> BlueRangerRules
Power Ranger

eBay
BlueRangerRules
Power Ranger

eBay

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I just wanna know to be sure: Have Legacy Auto-Morphin Billy, Legacy Auto-Morphin Zack, Legacy Auto-Morphin Trini, and Legacy Auto-Morphin Tommy the White Ranger ever been released yet by now? Thanks.
BlueRangerRules is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 01:39 AM #3734
> IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay
IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay

Yellow Trini and White Tommy never saw release, IIRC. People have substituted this by buying a spare Red/Green for the Legacy box and slipping a 93 Yellow inside it.
IAreSam is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 10:45 AM #3735
> ZeldaTheSwordsman
Power Ranger

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Power Ranger

Even with the daft chest coins, IMO the Legacy flipheads were still better-looking than the regular Legacy figures because they weren't Mighty Morphin' 'roid Rangers. Why, why, WHY did Bandai get so fixated on that hideous aesthetic? It's even more disgusting than the drooling die-cast worship I saw in the item descriptions on the first page of the thread.

Time to make everyone here hate me again, but collectors go way too ga-ga over die-cast. It does not magically bestow extra "quality" unto a toy, people. And for my money the Legacy Megazord and Dragonzord would be much improved by trading in every last ounce of die-cast for functioning Triceratops tail cannons and a smaller alternate tail drill to top the Power Staff with.
ZeldaTheSwordsman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 11:11 AM #3736
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote: View Post

Why, why, WHY did Bandai get so fixated on that hideous aesthetic? It's even more disgusting than the drooling die-cast worship I saw in the item descriptions on the first page of the thread.
BoA has mentioned before; it was the “heroic” look. They wanted their PR toys to look closer to American super hero toys (the BoA PR line was competing with the likes of Superman, Batman, Hulk, Spider-Man, etc). Hasbro seems to have found a good middle-ground between lanky and overly muscular. As for the die-cast, it's the easiest way to make a toy feel “fancier” as well as making it more expensive for greater profit.
Lord-Zero is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2019, 01:09 AM #3737
> Mutant Green
Mighty Mutant

Mutant Green
Mighty Mutant

BlueRangerRules wrote: View Post

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I just wanna know to be sure: Have Legacy Auto-Morphin Billy, Legacy Auto-Morphin Zack, Legacy Auto-Morphin Trini, and Legacy Auto-Morphin Tommy the White Ranger ever been released yet by now? Thanks.
Billy and Zack were released online. Trini never came out. Tommy White wasn't being made at all.
Mutant Green is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2019, 07:14 AM #3738
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Whats crazy is that they actually tooled and molded trini, so they had time to ship her out but never did... instead they packed tommy in the 2nd wave case again when he was still widely available from the first wave.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2019, 04:48 PM #3739
> Forte
< O >

Forte
< O >

I'm super late on posting these but I've had some family stuff going on and I've just been super distracted, sorry. I promised someone I'd post pictures I bought off someone in a Facebook group:

So they look pretty good from afar and generally up close. Some of the paint application is a little weird around some edges but not deal breaking. I've never actually opened any of my Legacy Collection figures (those life issues, remember?) so my only complaint is some of the joints are loose. He provided the figures and the Silver Ranger especially is super loose in his chest AND legs and it makes him hard to stand. The Psychos have a little bit of a loose leg situation but it is much better than Silver.

Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied considering we may not get these figures ever so it was worth it imo. I believe the name of the guy was Fitch Customs or something similar but I found him in the group "The Ranger Store."
Forte is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2019, 05:37 PM #3740
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

I know him. I got a ton of stuff hes working on for me. Es also doing the 3 missing ninja storm rangers. Hes currently working on all the dino charge rangers and turbo red, but those are passes for me.