Home Menu

Menu



Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2019, 09:55 PM #3621
BigMDtheSequel's Avatar
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,910
BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger
BigMDtheSequel's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,910



a squad wrote: View Post

This leads me to believe that DT Yellow has been ready for quite awhile but for some reason she hasn't been released til now.
It was pointed out on Twitter (pretty sure it was that grnrngr again) that DT Yellow was planned to be part of an earlier wave, so likely her package was already designed to be black, and Bandai just didn't want to take the effort to redesign it to match the newer white boxes. That doesn't mean she was made and sat around in a warehouse or something. Most toy companies are going to do anything they can to avoid sitting on unsold product and paying storage fees (in this case, it would be almost a year from her intended release date to when she actually started shipping).
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 10:02 PM #3622
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,592
eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,592
eBay



I just realized that now that the mod reset is done in Toys at my store.. There's no Power Rangers at all. So hopefully the Summer reset changes that.
CryloBenAffleck is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2019, 01:48 PM #3623
Dark storm's Avatar
> Dark storm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2,656
Dark storm
Power Ranger
Dark storm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2,656



grnrngr wrote: View Post

You mean the year where they drastically cut back on production because the figures were shelf-warming?

Sure, when figures are shelf-warming, the solution is to manufacture MORE.
But honestly, why do they THINK they were shelf-warming? Not because they weren't selling well. They are. If people knew they had them, they would go in and get them. But people ultimately got tired of going into the stores day after day, week after week, month after month, looking for legacy figures that were supposed to have already been on the shelves, but the stores wouldn't stock them because they still had ONE figure left of the previous wave, or they took to long to get them out to those locations.

When the first waves came out, my Walmart was on top of that and they were fully stocked. Those figures sold out fast after that. I got MMPR red and green for myself, and my mom got me Ninja Storm for Christmas. When I went back later on, EVERYTHING was gone. Sure, sometimes there was a NS blue left, but I'd even seen male rangers such as NS red left behind as the lone survivor. I think Target had a MMPR red, and even green as the last one on the shelf. Ones like MMPR pink and space yellow were left on there because they took too long to get them out there. And some being GS exclusives did not help.
People had to resort to waiting for these things to pop up online before getting them, but if stores had stocked them properly, we probably wouldn't have been in this mess.
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2019, 03:19 PM #3624
Dino_Ranger_White's Avatar
> Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,185
Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!
Dino_Ranger_White's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,185



CryloBen wrote: View Post

I just realized that now that the mod reset is done in Toys at my store.. There's no Power Rangers at all. So hopefully the Summer reset changes that.
There is a Spring reset around April that will most likely show the
Hasbro PR Merchandise getting it's shelf space.

How much of that space there will actually be is yet TBD.
Dino_Ranger_White is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2019, 04:28 PM #3625
Xenotome's Avatar
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,742
Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,742



Dark storm wrote: View Post

But honestly, why do they THINK they were shelf-warming? Not because they weren't selling well. They are. If people knew they had them, they would go in and get them. But people ultimately got tired of going into the stores day after day, week after week, month after month, looking for legacy figures that were supposed to have already been on the shelves, but the stores wouldn't stock them because they still had ONE figure left of the previous wave, or they took to long to get them out to those locations.
You're making a lot of assumptions about this...
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2019, 04:42 PM #3626
grnrngr's Avatar
> grnrngr
VIP Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 9,306
eBay
grnrngr
VIP Ranger
grnrngr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 9,306
eBay



Dark storm wrote: View Post

But honestly, why do they THINK they were shelf-warming? Not because they weren't selling well.
That's the very definition of shelf-warming.
grnrngr is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2019, 07:02 PM #3627
DesignIncase's Avatar
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 390
DesignIncase
Power Ranger
DesignIncase's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 390



It's finally over.
Purchased online(no preorder) from Gamestop. Came 2 days later.
Funny how DT Yellow can rotate her lower legs while the male figures can't.




Okay now about shelf warming
I don't think it's one size fits all but here is my theory.
I live in Chicago. The male figures all seem to be gone within the first month of release. So in this area these figures were clearly selling.
Now the female figures though I usually kept seeing. There's one particular Target with a Space Yellow I've seen since the wave came out. It's the same exact one.

So for whatever reason certain female figures weren't selling. Stores also weren't reordering new figures.

For me personally it was a mess. I had no way of truly knowing which target had which figure in stock. When it was the warmer months I could entertain going to various Targets, but cold months. Nope couldn't do it.

I turned to Amazon to get figures. Gamestop honestly has been the best option so far. If a figure is in stock, you can see the location or order it online.

Personally I feel the Power Rangers legacy figures should have been for the most part sold online and not sold in stores. With say the Marvel Legends line, most people don't want the whole wave. With Power Rangers that's a very different story. Either the want the whole team or only one particular figure.

Then I have never seen or heard of any ads for any of the legacy items. It's like Bandai thought this was transformers which each character being a strong brand like Ultra Magnus or Megatron.

In the end I would need to understand what Bandai considered a success in terms of sells and if they did anything to make that happen.

Last edited by DesignIncase; January 25th, 2019 at 09:03 AM.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2019, 06:03 AM #3628
the real red ranger's Avatar
> the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 982
the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red
the real red ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 982



Woohoo!! DT Yellow is out!! How does she look with the rest of the team? Also Im assuming you got her from EE?
the real red ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2019, 08:05 AM #3629
QuantumPower781's Avatar
> QuantumPower781
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 18
eBay
QuantumPower781
Power Ranger
QuantumPower781's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 18
eBay



Anyone know if Walgreens is getting DT yellow and Psycho black or are they just going to be available online via EE and GameStop?
QuantumPower781 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2019, 08:06 AM #3630
Dark storm's Avatar
> Dark storm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2,656
Dark storm
Power Ranger
Dark storm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2,656



grnrngr wrote: View Post

That's the very definition of shelf-warming.
Yes, of course. That's what I said from the start.
But honestly, why do they THINK they were shelf-warming?
But there's still a difference between shelf warming because no one wants them, and shelf warming because everyone wanted them, but it either took too long for the vendor to ship them out to the store or it took too long for the store to stock them, hence the buyers stop looking.
If one place sells something everyone wants, they're gonna go there to get it, even if it's online. But if a place that doesn't sell it starts putting it out later on, nobody is gonna go there. They had their chance and blew it.

What I'm trying to say is they didn't shelf warm because everyone was thinking, "I don't want these figures." They were shelf warming mostly due to poor marketing strategies. I think there were a lot of those at Bandai as well.

DesignIncase wrote: View Post

Okay now about shelf warming
I don't think it's one size fits all but here is my theory.
I live in Chicago. The male figures all seem to be gone within the first month of release. So in this area these figures were clearly selling.
Now the female figures though I usually kept seeing. There's one particular Target with a Space Yellow I've seen since the wave came out. It's the same exact one.

So for whatever reason certain female figures weren't selling. Stores also weren't reordering new figures.
Exactly. I had mentioned before, EVERYTHING in the first wave had sold fast. Even Ninja Storm blue. We don't know why one single figure of NS blue later on in addition to in space yellow and mmpr pink were always hanging around so long. I know it took a long time for the rest of the MMPR figures to get out to stores, so I THINK most people got MMPR pink online pretty early. That's what happened with me for most female figures later on. But I've got to repeat something from my last post for those that missed it. There were in fact male figures that warmed the shelves for a while. I couldn't remember if it was red or green, but it was both from MMPR that hung around on the peg at Target for some time. I know that's surprising, but I do remember going in to Target multiple times a week and seeing the same lonely MMPR green hanging there, and red was probably at Walmart. But for whatever reason, the later waves slowed down drastically.

Last edited by Dark storm; January 25th, 2019 at 08:13 AM.
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2019, 10:07 AM #3631
TheDub's Avatar
> TheDub
The One and Only
 
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 897
TheDub
The One and Only
TheDub's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 897



QuantumPower781 wrote: View Post

Anyone know if Walgreens is getting DT yellow and Psycho black or are they just going to be available online via EE and GameStop?
I dont know if there is any possible way for anyone to know the answer to that at this point.
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2019, 11:15 AM #3632
BigMDtheSequel's Avatar
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,910
BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger
BigMDtheSequel's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,910



the real red ranger wrote: View Post

Woohoo!! DT Yellow is out!! How does she look with the rest of the team? Also Im assuming you got her from EE?
I got her (and Psycho Black) from Gamestop (preorder).
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2019, 08:49 PM #3633
powercollector's Avatar
> powercollector
the grand monarch of evil
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 123
powercollector
the grand monarch of evil
powercollector's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 123



My preorders of DT Yellow, DT White and Psycho Black arrived at GameStop today. Psycho Red and Psycho Blue still show an ETA release date of Feb. 6th
powercollector is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2019, 04:52 PM #3634
a squad's Avatar
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,092
a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up
a squad's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,092



And with PB and DT Yellow added I can now say goodbye to BA. Quick photoshoot I did with both teams.


a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 06:52 PM #3635
Zeddykins's Avatar
> ⚡Zeddykins
FACEPALM
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,260
32
Zeddykins
FACEPALM
Zeddykins's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,260
32



Whatís the brand and name of that pink you used for Psycho Pink? It looks really good.
Zeddykins is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 07:49 PM #3636
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,592
eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,592
eBay



Dino_Ranger_White wrote: View Post

There is a Spring reset around April that will most likely show the
Hasbro PR Merchandise getting it's shelf space.

How much of that space there will actually be is yet TBD.
At the very least a 4-foot section.

But if the image I saw is to be believed, no Hasbro merch till August.

EDIT: Found the image

Last edited by CryloBenAffleck; January 27th, 2019 at 11:08 PM.
CryloBenAffleck is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 01:05 AM #3637
a squad's Avatar
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,092
a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up
a squad's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,092



Zeddykins wrote: View Post

Whatís the brand and name of that pink you used for Psycho Pink? It looks really good.
No idea I bought it off Ebay.
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 07:06 AM #3638
RedRanger87's Avatar
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,551
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
RedRanger87's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,551



CryloBen wrote: View Post

At the very least a 4-foot section.

But if the image I saw is to be believed, no Hasbro merch till August.

EDIT: Found the image
https://i.imgur.com/hXb1PdC.jpg
Thatís for the UK. US should see them earlier. Hopefully.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 08:49 AM #3639
trekkieb47's Avatar
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,101
32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.
trekkieb47's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,101
32 eBay



People should not take this image as fact. It clearly looks fake. The wording doesn't even match the curvature of the page.


CryloBen wrote: View Post

At the very least a 4-foot section.

But if the image I saw is to be believed, no Hasbro merch till August.

EDIT: Found the image
https://i.imgur.com/hXb1PdC.jpg
trekkieb47 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 28th, 2019, 09:04 AM #3640
Activator's Avatar
> Activator
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1,558
Activator
Power Ranger
Activator's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1,558



CryloBen wrote: View Post

At the very least a 4-foot section.

But if the image I saw is to be believed, no Hasbro merch till August.

EDIT: Found the image
https://i.imgur.com/hXb1PdC.jpg
RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

Thatís for the UK. US should see them earlier. Hopefully.
Yeah, I thought the announcement for the Lightning Collection said Spring 2019
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:06 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.