Home Menu

Menu



Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2019, 08:54 AM #3601
TheDub's Avatar
> TheDub
The One and Only
 
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 895
TheDub
The One and Only
TheDub's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 895



Taichi wrote: View Post

The true reason for Pink and Yellow not being made is something only Bandai knows. Now, if Bandai purposefully put Green and Silver in the normal assortment AND then stated they weren't doing Pink and Yellow, yeah, then there's reason to say, "Oh, so they can make these, but not those."

But that isn't the case here. They're exclusives, plain and simple.


isnt it pretty much a given that the female psychos werent made was because they were female? its been proven the female zeo and dino rangers were held back even after being made because stores were still clogged up with ninja storm blue and in space yellow. the female rangers didnt sell well so they cancelled any upcoming females. zeo and girls and kira were already in production so they couldnt just be cancelled.
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 08:55 AM #3602
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,622
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,622



No update on flip head trini either, but we seen prototypes for that, when will she pop up?
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 09:12 AM #3603
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,690
32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,690
32 eBay



TheDub wrote: View Post

isnt it pretty much a given that the female psychos werent made was because they were female? its been proven the female zeo and dino rangers were held back even after being made because stores were still clogged up with ninja storm blue and in space yellow. the female rangers didnt sell well so they cancelled any upcoming females. zeo and girls and kira were already in production so they couldnt just be cancelled.
It's speculation, but that's all it is. Sure, that is a possible reason, but Bandai hasn't, nor will they ever, directly state it. It's pure speculation at best. Until someone there confirms it later.

But possible? Sure, it's probably one of them. But losing the license is one too. A lot of things got fucked up with that.

And lets just speculate on that. I'm sure Bandai knows people would buy the Psycho girls, but look at it for a moment. The guy mold was already made for Silver and Green, so making Red, Black and Blue was easy AND very easy to get to stores.

But think for a moment that the girl mold would have been more feminine AND you lose the license. No company is going to spend money to manufacture brand new molds when losing a license, they're going to milk the molds they have. Thus why we got an Armored Red as well.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 09:19 AM #3604
Nendoramachine's Avatar
> Nendoramachine
Now on Facebook!
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 688
Nendoramachine
Now on Facebook!
Nendoramachine's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 688



CryloBen wrote: View Post

Back of Psycho Black.
Thank you for posting this! Though in truth, it was what was expected. No Psycho girls! No silver Ranger!

Glad I bought those two custom Psycho girls on ebay.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a Silver Ranger to paint!
Nendoramachine is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 09:27 AM #3605
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,622
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,622



Taichi wrote: View Post

It's speculation, but that's all it is. Sure, that is a possible reason, but Bandai hasn't, nor will they ever, directly state it. It's pure speculation at best. Until someone there confirms it later.

But possible? Sure, it's probably one of them. But losing the license is one too. A lot of things got fucked up with that.

And lets just speculate on that. I'm sure Bandai knows people would buy the Psycho girls, but look at it for a moment. The guy mold was already made for Silver and Green, so making Red, Black and Blue was easy AND very easy to get to stores.

But think for a moment that the girl mold would have been more feminine AND you lose the license. No company is going to spend money to manufacture brand new molds when losing a license, they're going to milk the molds they have. Thus why we got an Armored Red as well.

But why didnt bandai just cheap out and just paint the guy molds pink and yellow? Like they cheap out on everything else...

Same goes for in space silver.. they scrapped that too, which could have been a simple repaint.

Last edited by mmprfan09; January 23rd, 2019 at 09:34 AM.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 09:35 AM #3606
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,690
32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,690
32 eBay



I would say manufacturing. They're probably running less machinery and using less people as they've probably been allocated to other parts of Bandai's lines. My speculation would be that they're concentrating more on getting out what they can using the resources they have, which wouldn't be much at this point. We're at the end of January... deal's up in April. There's not much time left. And using limited resources slows down production which in turn slows down how much product you can push out.

And like I said, it's all pure speculation.

And Silver isn't just a repaint.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 12:24 PM #3607
HezMania's Avatar
> HezMania
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 466
HezMania
Power Ranger
HezMania's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 466



mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

No update on flip head trini either, but we seen prototypes for that, when will she pop up?
My guess is that she's not going to be released.
HezMania is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 12:52 PM #3608
DesignIncase's Avatar
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 384
DesignIncase
Power Ranger
DesignIncase's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 384



Space Silver is pretty much a repaint though the caveat that certain sections do differ. The standard space design is about 90% of the way there. Silver plastic and just applying green paint to the chest. It's the gold bands that he has that differs from the others. So there is more work to do on the paint apps the structurally. So simple plan but not as simple as just swapping in silver plastic. Of course trusting Bandai with that is a toss up.

Last edited by DesignIncase; January 23rd, 2019 at 12:58 PM.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 01:25 PM #3609
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,690
32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,690
32 eBay



Sure. And I was going to go there with my comment instead of leaving it blunt, but I got sidetracked.

It boils down to manufacturing, available workers and timeframe. I'm not defending Bandai, but from a business standpoint you do what you have to with the resources you have. Try not to spend much time or money on things, and get them out the door to make the most money you can.

Thus why the reissue of MMPR stuff and the retooling of Armored Red. Molds would have to be made fully for the female Psychos and bits for Silver... they literally didn't have the time to do it. At this point it's make as much money as you can with the stuff that sells and throw out the others. Why don't they paint the males? There's just not enough time.

I've said this before, it takes months and months of planning. This crap doesn't happen overnight... not in two weeks, but months. At this point I'm sure Bandai isn't even manufacturing stuff anymore for PR. If they are they would only be going for another couple of weeks to make sure the stuff they have is in stores. Right now it's boxing everything up and getting it out the doors.

You can't paint Psychos and retool Silver in a couple of weeks and have them in stores by April, it physically can't happen. If by some miracle they do show up, they were started months ago.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 01:52 PM #3610
Dark storm's Avatar
> Dark storm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2,656
Dark storm
Power Ranger
Dark storm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2,656



I hope Hasbro in addition to Lightning Collection goes to a standard wave, like the 5" action heroes or something like that, and does regular releases.
I also wouldn't mind if they re-release old molds if they have them. I've been trying to collect a lot of the cycles from MMPR-Dino Thunder, and aside from the female rangers and cycles, many of the figures are hard to find, especially without broken joints, namely on the legs, and much paint wear. I only just remembered after seing them the other day that Bandai used to repackage the cycle figures in some seasons and sell them individually. But even the action heroes work perfectly with almost every vehicle released (an unfortunate exemption being the galaxy gliders), but unfortunately only have reds and a few sixths.
I'm kinda surprised Bandai didn't try to re-release old vehicles, but maybe Hasbro might or remake them. They should redo the Lightning Cruiser, Storm Blaster, and Galaxy Gliders. Anything else?
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 04:45 PM #3611
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,622
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,622



Taichi wrote: View Post

Sure. And I was going to go there with my comment instead of leaving it blunt, but I got sidetracked.

It boils down to manufacturing, available workers and timeframe. I'm not defending Bandai, but from a business standpoint you do what you have to with the resources you have. Try not to spend much time or money on things, and get them out the door to make the most money you can.

Thus why the reissue of MMPR stuff and the retooling of Armored Red. Molds would have to be made fully for the female Psychos and bits for Silver... they literally didn't have the time to do it. At this point it's make as much money as you can with the stuff that sells and throw out the others. Why don't they paint the males? There's just not enough time.

I've said this before, it takes months and months of planning. This crap doesn't happen overnight... not in two weeks, but months. At this point I'm sure Bandai isn't even manufacturing stuff anymore for PR. If they are they would only be going for another couple of weeks to make sure the stuff they have is in stores. Right now it's boxing everything up and getting it out the doors.

You can't paint Psychos and retool Silver in a couple of weeks and have them in stores by April, it physically can't happen. If by some miracle they do show up, they were started months ago.
Not trying to argue, but the psycho girls along with in space silver were both announced in 2017. Im sure they were planned before that. How was that not enough time from 2017-April 2019? Is that not a big enough time window? They had all of 2018 to make them. But they had time for that stupid dimensions in danger red ranger (which even has a better helmet than the actual legacy red)

It seems more like bandai just said screw everything once they found out they lost pr.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 05:50 PM #3612
grnrngr's Avatar
> grnrngr
VIP Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 9,304
eBay
grnrngr
VIP Ranger
grnrngr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 9,304
eBay



mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

They had all of 2018 to make them.
You mean the year where they drastically cut back on production because the figures were shelf-warming?

Sure, when figures are shelf-warming, the solution is to manufacture MORE.
grnrngr is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 05:50 PM #3613
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,690
32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,690
32 eBay



No worries.

Those were announced, but they wouldnít go into production until far later. Even prototypes werenít shown. They were just on the horizon. We learned about the Hasbro deal in 2018, but who knows how long it had initially been going on or what they already had in the pipeline.

Iím sure at the time they found out they were losing the license they had some serious restructuring and everything that was planned halted until they figured out what they wanted to do.

Thus why we got weird releases that they never mentioned.

And I canít say for sure, but the regular lines and Legacy lines were more than likely out of different factories or at least different parts. I highly doubt youíd see Ninja Steel stuff and Legacy stuff coming off the same line.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 06:08 PM #3614
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,622
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,622



grnrngr wrote: View Post

You mean the year where they drastically cut back on production because the figures were shelf-warming?

Sure, when figures are shelf-warming, the solution is to manufacture MORE.
So that means they had time to make them, they simply just didnt want to.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 06:17 PM #3615
a squad's Avatar
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,092
a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up
a squad's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,092



Dino_Ranger_White wrote: View Post

What the hell? Dino Thunder Yellow gets the original badass packaging, but White got the bland POS box?
Could have had a nice looking set of 5 MISB figures, butÖ NO. Ugh
This leads me to believe that DT Yellow has been ready for quite awhile but for some reason she hasn't been released til now.
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 07:01 PM #3616
bearytrek's Avatar
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,600
bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1
bearytrek's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,600



i got in the (presumably) last legacy figures today...

was pleasantly surprised to see DTYellow in the old style box...i was not aware of that until then...it seemed like we'd never be able to complete that dang DT Megazord for the longest time...

it seems like, outside of Gamestop with reissues and Walgreens with a handful of figures that PR is officially extinct at retail for another couple months...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 07:37 PM #3617
Xenotome's Avatar
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,731
Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,731



mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

So that means they had time to make them, they simply just didnt want to.
They had the time to make them, but didn't because they were losing the license and were already trying to save money anyway. Plus the female figures on the shelves were warming anyway so the push to do them wasn't there... so the options were... finish the main series teams you'd already started or do the two girls on the team of Psychos that are more obscure and even more likely to sit on a shelf even longer as Hasbro's own line starts to hit shelves.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 08:31 PM #3618
sieunhanvietnam's Avatar
> sieunhanvietnam
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 22
sieunhanvietnam
Power Ranger
sieunhanvietnam's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 22



How about releasing an Convention Exclusive 3-Pack consists of Psycho Pink / Yellow and Space Silver? I'm sure that this way people will have to draw out their wallets, and Bandai won't have to afraid of shelfwarming anymore xD
sieunhanvietnam is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 08:37 PM #3619
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,690
32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,690
32 eBay



Well... we do have NY Toy Fair in February... who knows! Lol!

Although, I donít know what kind of presence theyíll have, but if they do have an exclusive, itíll be Dragon Ball related.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 08:44 PM #3620
Xenotome's Avatar
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,731
Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,731



Taichi wrote: View Post

Well... we do have NY Toy Fair in February... who knows! Lol!

Although, I donít know what kind of presence theyíll have, but if they do have an exclusive, itíll be Dragon Ball related.
They have a small booth according to the map. Power Rangers' is... obviously absent from their product listings...
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.