Home Menu

Menu

Old November 27th, 2018, 11:07 PM #3401
> Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

I think this image should reflect today's situation with some degree of accuracy:

Zapdos560 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old November 27th, 2018, 11:22 PM #3402
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

Zapdos560 wrote: View Post

I think this image should reflect today's situation with some degree of accuracy:

https://i.imgur.com/0IRTLJT.jpg
.. I'm stealing this..
CryloBenAffleck is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2018, 11:26 PM #3403
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

You already posted it on FB didnít you? Lol!

I saw this, then that, and had a very sudden case of deja vu.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2018, 11:37 PM #3404
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

Taichi wrote: View Post

You already posted it on FB didnít you? Lol!

I saw this, then that, and had a very sudden case of deja vu.
SOMEONE HAD TO DO IT.
Old November 27th, 2018, 11:39 PM #3405
> Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

CryloBen wrote: View Post

.. I'm stealing this..
Do it! I expect the official Bandai America Twitter to unapologetically Like this by tomorrow. (Theyíve recently Liked other tweets where people call them out on their BS.)
Old November 28th, 2018, 01:12 AM #3406
> thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

With Bandai's contract ending in February (I think), I always took it for granted we weren't getting Psycho Pink and Yellow given that they had no presence at any of the cons showcasing toys.

I see a lot of people blaming Bandai but they gave us female figures and fans didn't buy them. You can't blame the business model of trying to sell only what sells.

But if anybody is to blame for the cancellation of this line, it's Hasbro. They obtained the rights at a time where Bandai were in the middle of producing the first wave of Psychos and Bandai only had just under a year to complete all current projects. I've no doubt Bandai would have released the full Psycho team by this summer coming but maybe February just wasn't enough time. Not to mention, we don't know any behind the scenes regulations Bandai had to adhere to for the rest of the contract etc.

It sucks we aren't getting them and maybe Hasbro will produce better things, maybe they won't but they had the power ultimately to allow Bandai more time to complete the current teams. They didn't.

On the other hand, the way fans have flocked to Hasbro and completely washed their hands of Bandai, I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai had the chance to make extra figures and thought "you know what, we've been making toys for them for 25 years and now they mock us so F*** you".
thunderzordpower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2018, 02:33 AM #3407
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Ok I love the fact that you included Alpha in this pic considering he's voiced by a woman. Not sure if that was the intention but still funny nonetheless. In any case I think the best thing BA could do is give us Psycho Pink and Yellow in a 2 pack and make it a GS exclusive. Hell even if its a limited edtion item at least we'd have a chance at completing this final team.
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2018, 03:16 AM #3408
> Jerry
Withering away

Jerry
Withering away

thunderzordpower wrote: View Post

On the other hand, the way fans have flocked to Hasbro and completely washed their hands of Bandai, I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai had the chance to make extra figures and thought "you know what, we've been making toys for them for 25 years and now they mock us so F*** you".
You can't put out ten years of less than great product and expect people to stay happy-go-lucky about it forever.

They can blame the low female figure sales all they want (if they choose to do so), but to not acknowledge the awful sculpts of those females, and also highlight the fact that this was the first and only way to get these particular figures, it comes across slightly disingenuous.

It's not as if this changeover was news to Bandai just a few months ago. This deal was in the works in the background way before we found out about it, and as soon as that process started, Bandai could have fast tracked what could have been a great end to their line.

I was never a fan of the Legacy figures. These were the only ones I planned to get, but only if they released the full team. They couldn't even manage to do that.

It really wouldn't be Bandai America if they didn't let me down one last time, though.
Jerry is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2018, 03:24 AM #3409
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

a squad wrote: View Post

Ok I love the fact that you included Alpha in this pic considering he's voiced by a woman. Not sure if that was the intention but still funny nonetheless. In any case I think the best thing BA could do is give us Psycho Pink and Yellow in a 2 pack and make it a GS exclusive. Hell even if its a limited edtion item at least we'd have a chance at completing this final team.
ALL LEGACY FIGURES ARE "LIMITED EDITION".

I see a lot of people blaming Bandai but they gave us female figures and fans didn't buy them. You can't blame the business model of trying to sell only what sells.
Except many collectors were buying full teams... So try again? Blame stereotypical gender roles.

But if anybody is to blame for the cancellation of this line, it's Hasbro. They obtained the rights at a time where Bandai were in the middle of producing the first wave of Psychos and Bandai only had just under a year to complete all current projects. I've no doubt Bandai would have released the full Psycho team by this summer coming but maybe February just wasn't enough time. Not to mention, we don't know any behind the scenes regulations Bandai had to adhere to for the rest of the contract etc.
The line wouldn't have continued regardless, fans were getting too tired of the bullshit I feel, and the awful release structure of this past year made it even worse.

It sucks we aren't getting them and maybe Hasbro will produce better things, maybe they won't but they had the power ultimately to allow Bandai more time to complete the current teams. They didn't.
Hasbro had no power over the time limit they were given, and if they had, I'm sure they would have taken over production immediately. If Bandai was still in control, we'd be seeing the last of the psychos sometime next year in like wave 7 assortment F... Or not at all "because you arent buying the girls".

You can only feed your fans crap for so long before they get tired of it. Again fans were already getting tired of the line, and to top it off, what was our amazing "anniversary line"? A bunch of cheap crap from years past for the most part. It's Bandai's own fault the Legacy figs are nearly as bad as Multiverse..

Last edited by CryloBenAffleck; November 28th, 2018 at 03:24 AM.
Old November 28th, 2018, 06:14 AM #3410
> Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

a squad wrote: View Post

Both because of the voice thing, and because he was the intended BAF with the Psychos originally.
Old November 28th, 2018, 07:12 AM #3411
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Fave quote reguarding this mess

http://i66.tinypic.com/4gj0hw.jpg

This is hilarious!
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2018, 09:27 AM #3412
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

Based on the drawings. The female figures were supposed to have a hourglass shape to them. So Bandai intended for them to look different. I do think it's weird they didn't just cheap out and just use the male mold again. I guess it's buying extra Psychos for me.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2018, 04:01 PM #3413
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Even if we paint the figures we are shit out of luck on weapons.

The one time bandai packs weapons is for an incompleted team lol.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2018, 04:20 PM #3414
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Even if we paint the figures we are shit out of luck on weapons.

The one time bandai packs weapons is for an incompleted team lol.
It's too bad there isn't a guy on this board who tends to 3d print weapons for these figures.
Old November 28th, 2018, 05:10 PM #3415
> AkaCornSnackEtc
14 Days :(

AkaCornSnackEtc
14 Days :(

With Bandai's contract ending in February (I think), I always took it for granted we weren't getting Psycho Pink and Yellow given that they had no presence at any of the cons showcasing toys.
April.

Because the figures had hard plastic skirts and awful proportions

So the business decided to not produce products that were almost guaranteed sellers to stick it to some people online? Makes sense...

Also sure, we "washed our hands of them". That's why there are still people eagerly hoping for the last few figures to be released, why we're still praising them for the great things they did.
AkaCornSnackEtc is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2018, 07:54 PM #3416
> TheultimateRanger21
hero from the bay area

TheultimateRanger21
hero from the bay area

What would fans rather have, the three Psychos male figures or Bandai completing the Ninja storm males? I know whatís done is done. But if we could go back what would have been more worth it.
TheultimateRanger21 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2018, 08:33 PM #3417
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

TheultimateRanger21 wrote: View Post

What would fans rather have, the three Psychos male figures or Bandai completing the Ninja storm males? I know whatís done is done. But if we could go back what would have been more worth it.
Honestly I would still take the psychos. Now hear me out. There's a VERY strong chance we'll see the NS rangers in the Lightning Collection at some point and while we could just as well see the psychos I think the NS rangers have a much better chance of release. Thats why I would still take the psychos even if they are incomplete.
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2018, 09:07 PM #3418
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

I would have preferred to get all the NS figures. Because of the difference in scale, they remaining three are going to seem small and I really don't want to have dupes. Of course I would have liked them back when Bandai gave a care about quality. So at that token, It's easier for them not to screw up the one figure design.

Truthfully I'm ready for this to end and move on.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2018, 09:48 PM #3419
> SaviourMK2
GokaiLegacy

eBay
SaviourMK2
GokaiLegacy

eBay

Dont think i'll be picking up the Red, Blue or Black Psychos. I got Green and Silver but without Pink and Yellow, a team display is pointless (I actually wanted to have a brawl display between the psychos and MMPR team). Oh well.
SaviourMK2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2018, 09:28 AM #3420
> LilyAnnaScott
Tattooed Turtle Ranger

LilyAnnaScott
Tattooed Turtle Ranger

Bandai stopped caring about the Power Ranger Toy Line years ago and just gotten worse and worse, I'm glad they lost the rights to the Toys, Just ticked off we couldn't get Psycho Pink (the one who actually did more than any of the Males) and Psycho Yellow but instead make exclusives for Rangers who had nothing to do with the show (Psycho Green, Lord Drakkon) and Psycho Silver who was just Space Silver in disguise
LilyAnnaScott is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote