Old July 12th, 2019, 09:20 AM #5241
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ Even consider the changes, with the Drop Ratings, and thEy put the Super Sentai in Hiatus and works with Marvel for Battle Fever J,Denziman, Sun Vulcan which are Sentais I liked too, and well i not take credit for the Gorenger and J.A.K.Q., and even worked with Marvel too in Spider-Men whe nhe had a Mecha
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 01:53 PM #5242
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

I finished Go-Onger yesterday. And I liked it. It was... weird, but I liked it.

The Go-Ongers were pretty good. I think things got more interesting when Hiroto and Miu showed up to balance out the goofiness a little more. (Not completely, but more) I like that the show did know when to get serious, like when
any of them "died", which happened a lot more than I would've guessed. The actors really nailed those scenes. Like when Sosuke starts begging for Yogostein's dad (I forgot his name) not to kill Saki and Ren, or everyone's reaction after Sosuke was killed by Yogostein.
Another thing is that this show had a ton of helmetless shots, which we don't get much of in other sentai seasons, so it was great to see a bunch of them here. The Engines were fun characters, too. It's weird seeing the mecha talk every episode, but not a problem.

Some of the episodes were... different. Like the idol episodes or the episode where Hiroto had an alien baby or where Hanto became a granddaughter. Not to say they were bad or anything, they were just weird. But overall, I never felt like the show was dragging.

I liked the villains more than I was expecting. I usually don't care too much about villains overall, but the Gaiark were pretty entertaining. Even when the big bad shows up out of nowhere, he quickly shows that he's a real threat so him taking over felt okay. It made for an interesting finale.

After the series, I watched the 10 Years special. Which I also liked, but... something about Saki was off. The acting was fine and everything but we didn't see her transform, we didn't see her without her helmet, we didn't even see her wear her jacket with the others. It just felt weird. Is there a reason for it?

Oh, and it was impressive how many versions of the ending song they managed to do.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 12th, 2019, 04:10 PM #5243
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

After the series, I watched the 10 Years special. Which I also liked, but... something about Saki was off. The acting was fine and everything but we didn't see her transform, we didn't see her without her helmet, we didn't even see her wear her jacket with the others. It just felt weird. Is there a reason for it?
There is. But it's a real-life reason.

Rina (Saki's actress) just demonstrates, with her behavior, she is sick of sentai and want to move on. Almost like she did it because she had to and not like Nao, Ayumi or Mika, who enjoyed their roles.

In the 10 years special thread there was even talks about how in the Blu-ray box extra, she was the one who was the most bored, unexcited about talking her time in the show.
Spider-Phoenix is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 04:22 PM #5244
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

Rina (Saki's actress) just demonstrates, with her behavior, she is sick of sentai and want to move on. Almost like she did it because she had to and not like Nao, Ayumi or Mika, who enjoyed their roles.

In the 10 years special thread there was even talks about how in the Blu-ray box extra, she was the one who was the most bored, unexcited about talking her time in the show.
Thinking about it, that makes sense. Especially because she didn't even put on the jacket when it was right there.

It's a little disappointing thinking that not everyone was really into it, but either way, it was cool to see them all together again.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 04:24 PM #5245
> yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

Here's a random thought

What if Sentai had a gimmick similar to the Another Riders from Zi-O. Like in some other universe Satan Egos succeeded in turning the Battle Fever team into an Egos monster, and later did the same to the other teams.

So the sentai team is a bunch of people from the other universe who wind up in ours, and become a sentai team with the powers of previous Sentai teams to save our universe from alternate Egos, and the various Sentai monsters.
yami senshi youkaiou is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 09:11 AM #5246
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

https://metallicsubs.wordpress.com/

First batch of Flashman is out!

Here we go guys. Sentai is that much closer to being fully subbed
TyrannoRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 10:31 AM #5247
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

Thinking about it, that makes sense. Especially because she didn't even put on the jacket when it was right there.

It's a little disappointing thinking that not everyone was really into it, but either way, it was cool to see them all together again.
She looked also super bored in 190 heroes XD
AdamPark62 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 13th, 2019, 10:54 AM #5248
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

AdamPark62 wrote: View Post

She looked also super bored in 190 heroes XD
It's odd she was of the Go-ongers who returned the most. Besides the yearly team up with their sucessors, she showed up in 199 and had a cameo in the Gokai movie. I think only Yasuhisa Furuhara (Sosuke) had more cameos but then dude seems to absolutely love the franchise.

I'm even surprised he wasn't made goodwill ambassador alongside Hiroya.
Spider-Phoenix is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 11:26 AM #5249
> Superanger
It's time to change

Superanger
It's time to change

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

I guess she needs the money or a contract with her agency has her taking the role. She began Go-Onger when was about to turn 17, can't blame her for trying to do something different from the role she played as a teenager.

I noticed that most Sentai actors are really young, unlike in Power Rangers where the actors were in their 20's. Walter Jones was 23 playing a 15 year old
Superanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2019, 02:54 AM #5250
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

So in the late 90s, Sentai seasons had English versions of their theme music that would play on special episodes. I think it started with Mega Ranger (but I might be wrong). Is there a story behind this?
big smile is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2019, 04:50 AM #5251
> hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay
hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay

TyrannoRanger wrote: View Post

Very Cool!
I bet MetallicSubs will complete Flashman before Dynaman and Turboranger will get fully subbed.
hannibaLUCIO is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2019, 05:20 AM #5252
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ I hope so, the Super Sentai from 80 completed subbed !!! in special Turboranger.

Interesthing to see the Actress which played Bandora in Zyuranger, was played was Main Villan from Vader clan in Denziman, since this kind of things happens in Super Sentai.

Last edited by Akumaru; July 14th, 2019 at 10:08 AM.
Old July 14th, 2019, 09:36 AM #5253
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

Superanger wrote: View Post

I guess she needs the money or a contract with her agency has her taking the role. She began Go-Onger when was about to turn 17, can't blame her for trying to do something different from the role she played as a teenager.

I noticed that most Sentai actors are really young, unlike in Power Rangers where the actors were in their 20's. Walter Jones was 23 playing a 15 year old
Yeah, I guess she could've said no but either needed the money or did it for the fans

Idols tend to start their careers very young in Japan, especially girls so they cast them at the same age as the character (or sometimes even young teenagers playing late teens or early 20s.) There was a leaked casting call for Go-Busters that said that auditionees had to be 16-25 if male, 14-23 if female - they obviously went against that by casting Ryouma Baba, who was 28 at the time but I wouldn't be surprised if there are similar rules most years. GoseiPink's actress once said in an interview that Toei had told her she was too old at 23 and she almost didn't get a callback
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2019, 01:41 AM #5254
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

TyrannoRanger wrote: View Post

At this point what is left to finish?
comicstar100 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2019, 03:17 AM #5255
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ I hope maybe https://metallicsubs.wordpress.com/ finish to sub Changeman and Turboranger

Boukenger !! The Golden Sword and Furious Golden Demon.

The Quest of the King to find the Precious Golden Egg which had the Power which the Dragon Faction dont wanted to use the Power because is really to ready to control and could had berserk and really liked Gaja wanted to released the Golden Demon for destroy the Bounkengers, and finding Zuban which is the counter measure again the Ancient Demon which had a huge power, and Gaja dont seemed more conserned about controls, since h power-ups the Demon Power with the Gyro Power, really liked to see Zuban battle along side the Rangers and the Ultrazord use the Golden Sword.

Last edited by Akumaru; July 15th, 2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old July 15th, 2019, 01:15 PM #5256
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

People might think Im crazy for this but I think it would be cool if Toei actually remade and updated some of the popular sentaiís.

Heís recycling the same themes over and over anyway. Dinosaurs, ninjas, animals and some vehicle or police organization theme in between.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2019, 04:59 PM #5257
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

comicstar100 wrote: View Post

At this point what is left to finish?
by my count,

Millionfold Curiousity has subbed 36/51 Dynaman. They posted in Feb that they have 50 episodes done but haven't actually posted them that I know of

Wandering Moonbeams has done 32/51 Turboranger. last batch posted at the end of May
Old July 16th, 2019, 05:53 AM #5258
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

People might think Im crazy for this but I think it would be cool if Toei actually remade and updated some of the popular sentaiís.

Heís recycling the same themes over and over anyway. Dinosaurs, ninjas, animals and some vehicle or police organization theme in between.
Sentai always worked in that way, and will be nice to see another theme like Boukenger, and GOGO Five.

We know Toei/Bandai in general always make the Sentai themes based which works for the Audience and created gimmick, which in some Sentai they dont that that, and we had that problem with Go-Busters which dont had a gimmick and seems nowdays the modern Sentai needed much more, because the audience like to collect items from the Shows there are watching, seems a reason for others Sentai had worked better because is everything to sell toys.

Where I can find torrents for the Super Sentai seasons of Goggle-V,Bioman,Changeman,Flashman,Maskman

Last edited by Akumaru; July 18th, 2019 at 06:04 AM.
Old July 16th, 2019, 05:55 PM #5259
> HydroFlyer2.0
Ranger Reviews on YouTube

HydroFlyer2.0
Ranger Reviews on YouTube

So, Over-Time just released Deka 1-25 with edits to first 18 and now more episodes.

https://over-ti.me/releases/special-...-1-25-batch-1/

Curious to see how this affects Berndadelta Subs
HydroFlyer2.0 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2019, 06:31 PM #5260
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

HydroFlyer2.0 wrote: View Post

So, Over-Time just released Deka 1-25 with edits to first 18 and now more episodes.

https://over-ti.me/releases/special-...-1-25-batch-1/

Curious to see how this affects Berndadelta Subs
well that sucks for Bernadelta. Golden Witch mentioned reaching out and never receiving a response

Tags
a 40 year toy commercial, debating over spandex, destroyallchildren, liveman why have you?, nokidsallowed, thebestsentaithread, theoptimalsentaithread, xistheobjectlygoodsentai