Old May 27th, 2019, 06:56 PM #5061
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

Superanger wrote: View Post

Watching Dairanger. Wow, Toei you just had to copy/paste Star Wars with the villain being the hero's father. Also, Ryuranger being electrocuted and begging his father for help which at the end his father makes the ultimate sacrifice.
Well not only that, but also the background music that's totally not a ripoff of the Imperial March.

But considering that they are powered by the five stars... something about it makes sense?
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 28th, 2019, 12:32 AM #5062
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Kyuranger ! Stinger Special and Movie..

The Storyline it was really nice, and the paralles between Scorpio and Mika storyline were for sore really well done, with the fact her villan which protect was the same which make everthing for the humans hate her because he wanted to be a Chief retainer for Don Armage.

They revealed more backstory between Champ and Stinger since is basic before they returned to joined the team again, and Miko she was human with Don Armage use is power to created something similar to the Scorpio power, and Stinger get is power-up too.

The Kyurangers battle the Indaver Star, with there Voyagers, and the Indavers defeated them. Commander Shou knows for the villans, they want to use Cerverus to destroy the Earth, and rule the Underworld.

Shou was ead, but them during the Final Battle he returns to help is team, The Team morph and, seems the Shou and the Main Villan had been allies, and but Shou change sides, and Soi is kind rival of Shou, and when Cerberus awaken and Lucky control him, and really smart use the Light/Dark Kyutama to controls Cerberus, really liked of the Desight of the Cerberus-Oh, really liked the all Shou vs Kio, Tsurugi vs another monster, and the Rangers battle The Death Star Indaver

Kyuranger VS Space Squad

The Opening with Shraider and Jiraya was really cool with the Villans throw to the Space Portal to another Dimension past 4 years before Don Armage defeated, and now Tsurugi is the prsent of the Govermment, and they develoment the Neo Kyutama. past villans were revived with Kyutamas, which Hammy stolen. Lucky is going to see Champ and talking about the all Kyurangers had now living, but them. The Kyurangers battle between them , and later questions Tsurugi reasons. Hammy wanted to leave the villans group, because her and Meele were much similar. The Girl behind in the Tsurugi was really evil, and always inside of the Heroes. The Kyurangers with the help of the Space Squad destroyed the Big BAD

I Finished completed the Kyurangers Movies, and Specials, I wonder anyone knows where are that Kyuranger movie when Lucky is the Unckly because had some presence of Don Armage had take over him ?. Now I go a second running of LuPat.

Last edited by Akumaru; May 30th, 2019 at 01:31 AM.
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 07:27 AM #5063
> The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

The tragic fall of the Vader Clan. Keeping Banriki around when he causes calamities was a BAD IDEA.

Coming with it is a look at what I'm planning for the future.
The Golden Witch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 08:30 AM #5064
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

The Golden Witch wrote: View Post

The tragic fall of the Vader Clan. Keeping Banriki around when he causes calamities was a BAD IDEA.

Coming with it is a look at what I'm planning for the future.
thank you! I've been watching these as they got released. It's great to have another sentai fully subbed. Thank you so much for you hard work
TyrannoRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 05:33 PM #5065
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

I was thinking a resub of Sun Vulcan would be next...but hey, Deka's a good choice. (that, Magi or Bouken I say probably would need new subs with how long they've been around...plus we don't know when Shout will get to them since we still don't have a release for Fiveman or any clues for Abaranger)
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 06:30 PM #5066
> Superanger
It's time to change

Superanger
It's time to change

Gosei Sentai Dairanger: S1 E13 - The Ka-Kabuki Novice

The Dairangers stood "stunned" at the end of the episode as the police approached them. They could've just transformed and gotten away instead of waiting for the police to arrest
Superanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 08:02 PM #5067
> cognito29
Power Ranger

cognito29
Power Ranger

Deka, really? When Shout is up to Hurri already?
cognito29 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 10:30 PM #5068
> The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

Ataruman wrote: View Post

I was thinking a resub of Sun Vulcan would be next...but hey, Deka's a good choice. (that, Magi or Bouken I say probably would need new subs with how long they've been around...plus we don't know when Shout will get to them since we still don't have a release for Fiveman or any clues for Abaranger)
Eh, TinyHenshin and Earthly Subs have done great work with their Magi/Bouken releases. I don't see any need of them being redone like Deka.
The Golden Witch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2019, 09:03 AM #5069
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

So I'm finally back to my Kyoryuger watch, and I have one question: What the heck is up with Daigo's dad?

I'm watching the Team Up movie and he can all of a sudden just deflect and shoot energy blasts? Is it ever explained why he seems to be some sort of magical being who knows all these things that happened way back when the Dinos died? I'm v confused.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:16 AM #5070
> Ashtear
Hipster Ranger

Ashtear
Hipster Ranger

Watching Timeraner and

Holey Moley, that episode with the time shadow robo and the multi-colored sword using final fantasy villain looking mother lover...

What a body count. Even for Sentai that seemed a bit excessive lol. “Guy in the car? You get a grenade! Girl in a helicopter? Boom, headshot! 20 people in the street? I dance in the middle of your corpses!”

And the episode immediately after it is about people getting drunk on “neo alcohol” lol. Talk about tonal whiplash. (Tangent, is it common for Japanese people to rep random American sports teams? >_>)

Ashtear is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:37 AM #5071
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

I think other teams have had jerseys and such in toku before. But yeah...you have to give respect to Domon's Flyers jersey.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2019, 05:59 PM #5072
> cognito29
Power Ranger

cognito29
Power Ranger

So I'm finally back to my Kyoryuger watch, and I have one question: What the heck is up with Daigo's dad?
Well he's always been shown as Just That Awesome - did you forget during your break?

But if you want to know why, wait for the Christmas eps - you should be close if you've seen the teamup.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 06:08 PM #5073
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

GrumpyBookworm wrote: View Post

I'm watching the Team Up movie and he can all of a sudden just deflect and shoot energy blasts? Is it ever explained why he seems to be some sort of magical being who knows all these things that happened way back when the Dinos died? I'm v confused.
For one, that movie had terrible writing and continuity, so don't expect much of an explanation from it.

For another, when the dad's entire story - from the origin of his powers, to committing vile acts like abandoning his son and murdering an ally - trace back to "because a supernatural power told him to do so", there's not much to be expected from motivation or exposition.

Ashtear wrote: View Post

Watching Timeraner and

Holey Moley, that episode with the time shadow robo and the multi-colored sword using final fantasy villain looking mother lover...

What a body count. Even for Sentai that seemed a bit excessive lol. “Guy in the car? You get a grenade! Girl in a helicopter? Boom, headshot! 20 people in the street? I dance in the middle of your corpses!”

And the episode immediately after it is about people getting drunk on “neo alcohol” lol. Talk about tonal whiplash. (Tangent, is it common for Japanese people to rep random American sports teams? >_>)

It's partly due to Japanese cultural standards being different than Western ones; exposure to violence is more tolerated, as is other things considered "imitable behavior" like alcohol, but things like kissing is a big no-no.

But juxtaposition of tones is common regardless, taking a moment of levity before a serious reveal or grave consequences.

Another factor was the overall tone of tokusatsu that year, between Timeranger and Kuuga being a bit more dramatic and with lots of stakes.
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2019, 06:53 PM #5074
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

timegold wrote: View Post

For one, that movie had terrible writing and continuity, so don't expect much of an explanation from it.

For another, when the dad's entire story - from the origin of his powers, to committing vile acts like abandoning his son and murdering an ally - trace back to "because a supernatural power told him to do so", there's not much to be expected from motivation or exposition.

The movie was fun, but not much else. Much like how I feel about Kyoryuger. It's fun, but it feels like cotton candy to me. Not much substance. Though I can't forgive it for it's awful portrayal of women.

I finally got to that episode and I was like WTF? The Earth chose some random guy holding a baby to be the...king of the earth?
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2019, 10:18 PM #5075
> Superanger
It's time to change

Superanger
It's time to change

Dairanger 43- The Ultra-White Prohibited Past

Serpentera's Sentai Counterpart is not joking around. Either stop fighting or I'll make everyone kill themselves.
Old June 4th, 2019, 07:24 AM #5076
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

Superanger wrote: View Post

Gosei Sentai Dairanger: S1 E13 - The Ka-Kabuki Novice

The Dairangers stood "stunned" at the end of the episode as the police approached them. They could've just transformed and gotten away instead of waiting for the police to arrest
True, probably even without transforming. I always felt the implication of the scene that with killing a human, for which human structures are in place for justice, they put themselves 'within' the realm of human justice versus the rules of the Gorma vs Dai battle. Sort of the whole 'wuxia excluded from normal society' thing.
tremor3258 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2019, 01:07 PM #5077
> Superanger
It's time to change

Superanger
It's time to change

Finished watching Dairanger. The white ranger hardly did anything and most of the time appeared in the giant monsters battle. Power Rangers did way more with the ranger.
Old June 4th, 2019, 01:56 PM #5078
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

During the Final Battles of Genis and Don Armage for some reason I think the Mecha Battle was not needed there since Genis and Don Armage were really much powerfull the Mecha battles should had been cut for the Finale of the season, like happens in LuPat between the Patraranger vs DonGranio.
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2019, 06:54 PM #5079
> cognito29
Power Ranger

cognito29
Power Ranger

Erm, if the point is to show their overwhelming power, then how does having the heroes not use their most powerful weapons by an order of magnitude help?
Old June 4th, 2019, 06:57 PM #5080
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

https://wanderingmoonbeams.wordpress.com/

In case anyone else missed it. Another batch of Turboranger was released last week
TyrannoRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
a 40 year toy commercial, debating over spandex, destroyallchildren, liveman why have you?, nokidsallowed, thebestsentaithread, theoptimalsentaithread, xistheobjectlygoodsentai