Home Menu

Menu

Closed

Old March 5th, 2015, 07:15 AM #141
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Damn, my Barnes and Noble has never had Sinanjus. I'd grab one of those in a heartbeat. They generally have mostly RG kits (Destiny and Strike Freedom) and MGs. (I think I've mostly seen the Endless Waltz kits and Sengoku Astrays)
Old March 5th, 2015, 06:34 PM #142
> Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

ExiaAmazing wrote: View Post

Damn, my Barnes and Noble has never had Sinanjus. I'd grab one of those in a heartbeat. They generally have mostly RG kits (Destiny and Strike Freedom) and MGs. (I think I've mostly seen the Endless Waltz kits and Sengoku Astrays)
Same sort of deal at my Barnes & Noble - RG kits/Though mine had the Gundam Exia, MG kits/Sengoku Astray, HeavyArms, Deathscythe, & Wing Zero, Along with the HGs for the Sengoku Astray, the EW kits, & the Fenice Rinacita.

I did see the Build Strike Full Package ONCE and then never again. I would have gone for the Star Build Strike anyway.
Old March 6th, 2015, 09:22 AM #143
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Zeltrax541 wrote: View Post

Same sort of deal at my Barnes & Noble - RG kits/Though mine had the Gundam Exia, MG kits/Sengoku Astray, HeavyArms, Deathscythe, & Wing Zero, Along with the HGs for the Sengoku Astray, the EW kits, & the Fenice Rinacita.

I did see the Build Strike Full Package ONCE and then never again. I would have gone for the Star Build Strike anyway.
I'd kill for any Exia, though my wife might kill me for buying another kit when I still have one and a half kits still needing to be finished. I still kick myself that last year I passed on a HG 1/60th scale Exia that I saw in a hobby shop.
Old March 6th, 2015, 05:22 PM #144
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay

After a long time I finally started building these. Mamabearguy is still incomplete and Winning could use some panel lining. Well, they're my first 2 gunpla.

GyaGya, Star Winning and Tallgeese III are on their way.
Old March 9th, 2015, 09:16 PM #145
> SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

Gather around, everyone! It's time for another Bullshrimp Spidey Story Session! (TM)

So, I've started getting into Real Grades; I collect a lot of 1/144th scale Gunpla, and it made sense to try my hand at a RG at some point. I decided to wait until a kit was made that really spoke to me in a "Spidey, you need that kit in your life" kind of way. Well...RG Wing Zero EW came out, and that got added to my Army of Zero.

Said RG Zero seen here with the old HG Wing Zero Custom for obvious comparison reasons, but that's not the end of the story.

I did like Gundam SEED, so I wanted to get a nice representation of the Freedom to pose with my HGCE Aile Strike...well, I'll just share this photo first.

That's not the Freedom...that's not the Freedom at all! Yeah...I accidentally got the Strike Freedom RG instead of the regular Freedom. Once I actually built the kit, I wound up liking it a fair bit. It's fiddly and the backpack is as heavy as some of my HG kits, but it looks really nice when you get it posed decently. Finally, while I'm still not a fan of the gold frame on the Strike Freedom, this kit bears that frame pretty well. (I still rather would like to get the regular Freedom RG at some point, though!)
Old March 15th, 2015, 10:09 PM #146
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay

Looking good. Speaking of Gundam Wing EW kits, my HG Tallgeese III kit arrived yesterday and Gundam Portent is on its way here.

Edit: Gundam Portent arrived.

My Gunpla collection is slowly growing. Portent looks awesome and these would look a lot better with panel lining but I don't have a proper panel lining marker yet.

Last edited by Lord-Zero; March 18th, 2015 at 01:07 AM.
Old March 25th, 2015, 09:24 PM #147
> AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

I'm having trouble picking out what I want to build next. Thinking of either the Zeta or the Hyaku Shiki. I love the Zeta, but my collection is looking pretty uniform with a bunch of main Gundams right now.

Maybe I'll just get a Gouf, since it's my favorite suit from MSG. I do that, I'll probably spend a few bucks getting a stand for my RG Strike Freedom. That thing just does not want to stand on it's own. The RG Destiny is okay but SF needs to support itself with it's wings.
Old March 27th, 2015, 08:04 AM #148
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Lord-Zero wrote: View Post

Looking good. Speaking of Gundam Wing EW kits, my HG Tallgeese III kit arrived yesterday and Gundam Portent is on its way here.
I got one of those HG Tallgeese III kits a while back when I signed up for GSAM's Gundam Club, but haven't really touched it yet. It just needs so much damn painting to come out halfway decent.

AkibaGold wrote: View Post

I'm having trouble picking out what I want to build next. Thinking of either the Zeta or the Hyaku Shiki. I love the Zeta, but my collection is looking pretty uniform with a bunch of main Gundams right now.

Maybe I'll just get a Gouf, since it's my favorite suit from MSG. I do that, I'll probably spend a few bucks getting a stand for my RG Strike Freedom. That thing just does not want to stand on it's own. The RG Destiny is okay but SF needs to support itself with it's wings.
I've still got like 95% of a HG Cherudim to work on, but I still find myself looking at kits online and wanting to order them.
Old March 27th, 2015, 08:45 AM #149
> Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

I got one of those HG Tallgeese III kits a while back when I signed up for GSAM's Gundam Club, but haven't really touched it yet. It just needs so much damn painting to come out halfway decent.

I've still got like 95% of a HG Cherudim to work on, but I still find myself looking at kits online and wanting to order them.
I know, right? I still got the torso & the rest of the Sinanju to finish along with wanting to start on the Sengoku Astray Gundam, I just got the Fenice Rinascita from Barnes & Nobel that I gotta build with metallic Tamiya paint/I hear it's good paint, & I'm getting the Star Winning Gundam, Try Burning Gundam, & the Turn-A Gundam coming in from HLJ.

YEAH, I'm gonna amass a small Gunpla Army by the end of the summer.

Last edited by Zeltrax541; March 27th, 2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old March 27th, 2015, 05:02 PM #150
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay

I got one of those HG Tallgeese III kits a while back when I signed up for GSAM's Gundam Club, but haven't really touched it yet. It just needs so much damn painting to come out halfway decent
Yeah, I built most of it and pretty much gave up when I saw the head. Painting the visor is gonna be very tricky.

As for other HGs, Try Burning Gundam should be here next week and I ordered Fenice Rinascita and the Lightning Backpack MkII. I'll probably pick God Gundam, Gundam X Divider, Lightning Gundam and the Master Gundam+Fuunsaiki combo too. The Crossbone Gundam X1 Full Cloth that will come out next month looks very good too.
Old March 31st, 2015, 04:16 PM #151
> AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

I've made my decision. The Wing Zero Honoo. I try to avoid Build Fighters models, but damn. I want this thing.
Old March 31st, 2015, 08:44 PM #152
> ricecake
Last Watched: PRWF Ep. 16

eBay
ricecake

eBay

So I've been trying to get the Gundam models that look a lot like samurai. I already have these (or have them on order):
  • MG Shin Musha Gundam
  • MG Musha Gundam Mk2
  • MG Sengoku Astray Gundam
  • HG Mr. Bushido's Ahead
  • HG Masurao (I like the colors on this one better than the Susanowo)
Other plamo (non-Gundam) kits I got are the Bandai Nobunaga the Fool mech and the Kotobukiya Frame Arms Magatsuki.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? I don't want to go down the hole of the SD ones, since I've seen a lot of those and I prefer the larger size and more realistic proportions of HG/MG kits, but not the size/cost of the PG.
Old April 4th, 2015, 08:25 AM #153
> ricecake

eBay
ricecake

eBay

Ok, well then maybe someone can answer my next question. I want to add some silver detail to a model (the Frame Arms Magatsuki) and was thinking of going the silver Sharpie route. I've heard that the Sharpie can be a little tacky and rub off easily. I have two questions about this.

1. I saw there are two different kinds of silver Sharpie, regular and oil-based paint. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to either one?

2. I do not plan to topcoat, but can I alleviate the tackiness/rubbing off by applying clear nail polish to the Sharpie?
Old April 6th, 2015, 08:08 AM #154
> AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

I used a sharpie paint pen (oil-based) on my HG Wing Gundam. They smudge like a bastard. Haven't tried linework since.
_____
I know I said I wanted to add variety to my collection, but I found a HGUC Hi-Nu pretty cheap on ebay. I'm a sucker for gundams with wings. Please let it stand easier than my RG Strike Freedom.
Old April 6th, 2015, 08:35 AM #155
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

The Sharpie Paint Pens work for some things, and others not. I used them on my Dino Charge Megazord and they worked great... some used the same and had a problem.

However, I'll only use Gundam approved pens for lines... too many times have I seen someone use the wrong type and they bleed or cloud the other plastic.

Basically I use the Gundam marker and then take a Q-Tip to do a tad of blending... it gives it more depth I think.
Old April 6th, 2015, 09:49 AM #156
> ricecake

eBay
ricecake

eBay

Thanks. I went over to my girlfriend's parents' house this weekend and her dad actually had both the regular silver Sharpie and the oil-based paint silver Sharpie, so he let me borrow them. I tested them both out on the leftover runner and the silver Sharpie applied well and didn't smudge; the oil-based paint went on a little streaky. He didn't have any of the new water-based paint Sharpies though.

As far as panel lining, I've been using a Sakura Pigma Micron 005 (0.20 mm) pen, and it's worked pretty well for me.
Old April 9th, 2015, 07:22 PM #157
> Danfiveten
Power Ranger

Danfiveten
Power Ranger

Just curious what others think...I decided to mess with Wing and zero, i seem to think their backpacks look better switched between the units. Zero's just looks right at home on Wing's
Old April 12th, 2015, 01:22 PM #158
> Araxiel
Power Ranger

Araxiel
Power Ranger

Preordered the majesty that is Tryon 3, and got Hi-Nu Vrabe and both its lev boosters on the way. People with Winning- is the neck really loose, or is it just me?
Old April 14th, 2015, 12:37 PM #159
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay

Regular Winning? Hmm...the neck on mine is a little on the loose side. I got the Portent Flyer earlier last week, I ended up attaching it to the Try Burning. Now it kinda looks like the Ninja MegaFalconzord.
Old April 21st, 2015, 06:46 AM #160
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

So as some of you know, I bought a used Perfect Grade Astray Red Frame a while back. Some of you also know the problem it had... 4 "L" Trees and no "M" Trees. This was a packing error as many of the bags were still sealed.

So I came to this thread, found my way to Facebook, tried Bluefin (it wasn't a product of theirs, but tried anyway), went to the Gundam Parts store... nothing. I was bummed. All the rays of hope dwindled and I just put everything back in the box and set it aside, wondering what to do with it.

Do I trash it? Sell it? Part it out? Build it? Choosing the latter wouldn't be much fun if it couldn't stand on it's own legs. Then I began thinking of what I COULD do if I finished it... and an idea sprung... I'm not going to give it away yet in case it doesn't work... but I sat down and started all over the place.

Built the head and upper torso... lined them, and lined the shield... sword is next and then on to the arms and lower half of the torso.

We'll see how this project works... hopefully it'll be something that's one of a kind.
Closed