Home Menu

Menu

Old July 22nd, 2019, 06:16 AM #2841
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

if they made like a 20 dollar morpher id buy 1 for each ranger like i did with the legacy movie morphers.
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 06:30 AM #2842
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

I'd like to see them attempt what Bandai of America's initial plan was, as shown at PMC one year - coins that could be differently recognised and play the appropriate sound. Iíve always been really disappointed that feature was dropped.
Haasbrobcould either go the pin-activation route or NFC chip route to easily pull it off. If they did anything less than that, I most definitely wouldnít bother buying it. It would have to be something special compared to the 1993 & Legacy releases.

Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 07:50 AM #2843
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

Stuntastik30 wrote: View Post

If Hasbro were to make their own Power Morpher, what kind of features would make you buy it giving the crap ton of Legacy Power Morphers we already own?

Original Size or Legacy size (which is now canon)?

Metal or Plastic plates?

Original holster or post morph holster design? No holster?

Voices of rangers morphing call? (similar to how itís done with the Legacy Zeo Morpher.)

Metal coins or plastic?

Coins with built in sensors to trigger different sounds or voices?

I personally would want them to keep the metal plates and coins. Iím fine with either holster but it would be cool if the OG one was recreated.

Size wise I love the size of the Legacy so Iíd be perfectly fine with them continuing with that size, BUT I already have a bunch in that size so maybe going back to original size would be a nice way to change it up.

I personally donít care for having voices in these role play toys. If there was a way to toggle between having voices and not I would prefer that. If not Iíd choose no voices. I will say, having voiced role calls could be a key element to make the morphers stand out.

And of course the coins triggering different sounds depends on the voice thing being implemented, so I can go either way.

Another way the Hasbro Morpher could be different is how the lights are positioned around the coin. Instead of the typical 4 lights it would be cool if more lights surrounded the rim of the coin so it literally looks like a ring of light around the coin, which would be more show accurate as well.

Just my random thought. Hasbro is really making me test my willpower. I donít want to end up buying every item that I own already from Bandai again through hasbro, but if Hasbro makes it different enough or finds a way to make what ever it is cooler, I may just bite.
Coins with tabs rather than bullshit frisbee projectiles.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 08:14 AM #2844
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

and now hasbro has that in their heads.....
Old July 22nd, 2019, 09:23 AM #2845
> Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Morgan Lamia wrote: View Post

I'd like to see them attempt what Bandai of America's initial plan was, as shown at PMC one year - coins that could be differently recognised and play the appropriate sound. Iíve always been really disappointed that feature was dropped.
Haasbrobcould either go the pin-activation route or NFC chip route to easily pull it off. If they did anything less than that, I most definitely wouldnít bother buying it. It would have to be something special compared to the 1993 & Legacy releases.

Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

I guess they could design it where the locking tabs are under the coin rather than protruding out the side of the coin to maintain that clean look like the legacy. And I guess they can incorporate pins on the inner rims too to trigger different sounds. This makes it a bit more tricky to make out of metal, maybe a two part piece metal coin with a plastic insert glued under the coin?
Stuntastik30 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 09:26 AM #2846
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

I wonder when we'll start to see some of the Comic exclusive rangers in the Lightning collection. I'm hoping they start to mix them in with TV characters starting in Wave 3. Maybe we'll hear about that during NYCC?
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 09:50 AM #2847
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

I wonder when we'll start to see some of the Comic exclusive rangers in the Lightning collection. I'm hoping they start to mix them in with TV characters starting in Wave 3. Maybe we'll hear about that during NYCC?
well i saw someone mention that hasbro isnt at nycc but entertainment earths website says hasbro will be revealing new merchandise for marvel, star wars and transformers and that they will be the first place available to preorder them. they may have surprises for PR.....maybe?
Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:58 AM #2848
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Unless Zedd & Goldar are just going to join the cast of SDCC's Solid Gold Dancers I don't really know what repaint options there are...
Probably included in multi-packs down the line after the original releases are long off the shelves.

Zedd might be painted in original toy colors.

Goldar could have retracted wings on his back, or one of his other faces (since they went through, what, 2 or 3 faces for him?).
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 11:16 AM #2849
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

Zedd might be painted in original toy colors.
Am I missing something? Do you just want a blue visor? What's the hook?

I get the appeal of blue & purple Jason Voorhees. It's an absurd reinterpretation of the design, and it harkens back to a limited medium.

Why repaint good figures with bad paint aps, when those poorly painted figures already exist?
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 11:17 AM #2850
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

What if they don't repaint Zedd and instead just repack him if/when they eventually release a Rita?
The Real Torhu is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 12:34 PM #2851
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

TheDub wrote: View Post

well i saw someone mention that hasbro isnt at nycc but entertainment earths website says hasbro will be revealing new merchandise for marvel, star wars and transformers and that they will be the first place available to preorder them. they may have surprises for PR.....maybe?
That would be a HUGE bummer. One of my favorite things about Bandai was their yearly presence at NYCC. Haven't managed to make it out to SDCC yet as its a much larger time and financial commitment.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 12:44 PM #2852
> RangerBango
Power Ranger

RangerBango
Power Ranger

Hey guys am I too late on the Gold&Red Armor rangers off Hasbro Pluse?
RangerBango is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 12:48 PM #2853
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

RangerBango wrote: View Post

Hey guys am I too late on the Gold&Red Armor rangers off Hasbro Pluse?
Don't think so. The con just ended yesterday and I'm pretty sure they haven't even put them up on the site yet.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 12:59 PM #2854
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

Don't think so. The con just ended yesterday and I'm pretty sure they haven't even put them up on the site yet.
Yep, it was said it would be August 28 when they go up on Pulse (but also said the date is subject to change).
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 03:44 PM #2855
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

TheDub wrote: View Post

the problem with Justin's kid form is hasbro has to see a use for it more than once. a child body isnt something you can just give anyone. hasbro isnt going to make a 100% new figure for one release. Zedd and Goldar have the same uniqueness so i promise we will be seeing repaints at some point. they will probably have a different paint job and come with a highly desired ranger in a two pack. can a repaint kid justin get the same?
It's happened a few times in sentai, but can't remembering it happening toooo many times in power rangers (where the rangers were turned into kids and morphed into kid sized rangers for that episode).

That said, there are short characters as mentioned before (Alpha, Finster), maybe justin's arms being used for female molds, etc. There can be use from it. And just because they can't INSTANTLY turn it into a repaint/remold, haivng it exist for future use isnt a bad idea. The entire is going to be a money saving goldmine anyways...so one more original mold ain't bad.

The Real Torhu wrote: View Post

What if they don't repaint Zedd and instead just repack him if/when they eventually release a Rita?

This is possible. Zedd with a Throne, Zedd with Rita, or any other "villain teamup" thing they want to do. Maybe an MMPR the movie version? (where they paint him with the chrome like Playmates did for their 2k12 Shredder a few years back at comic con).

Honestly though, I think we're thinking small. Where are the customizers right now? Zedd's arms and legs can definitely be used for a multitude of monsters with some minor touches for sure. Same with Goldar. The armor bits can be reused more than likely, for sure.m,
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 04:02 PM #2856
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zedd's limbs are very specific. Most of the armour is sculpted with the muscle. Not even Thrax can make use of Zedd parts, the torso is close but too distinct.

The way a customerizer might use Goldar isn't the same as Hasbro, who have molds for those pieces. The shared design language is less important to Hasbro, the cost of sculpting or retooling old parts isn't the issue for them, it's making new molds.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 05:50 PM #2857
> grnrngr
VIP Ranger

eBay
grnrngr
VIP Ranger

eBay

I respect the fact that everyone is trying to reuse molds, but I think y'all are trying harder to reuse molds than Hasbro does...
grnrngr is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 06:12 PM #2858
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Zedd's limbs are very specific. Most of the armour is sculpted with the muscle. Not even Thrax can make use of Zedd parts, the torso is close but too distinct.

The way a customerizer might use Goldar isn't the same as Hasbro, who have molds for those pieces. The shared design language is less important to Hasbro, the cost of sculpting or retooling old parts isn't the issue for them, it's making new molds.
Existing molds can be altered (heavily and slightly) to be a gamechanger for another figure. Look at that crappy 6 armed Spider-Man that just came out for legends or, I forget which review, but someone pointed out that a part had been recast to allow for peg holes to account for the character's holsters...yet it was the same piece used on another figure.

When it boils down to it, Zedd is just a naked muscle man in a speedo. It's incredibly shortsighted to think he's so special that there's NO use for any part of him that isn't strictly another repaint. There are definitely details within the sculpt that make him clearly Zedd, but nothing impossible with any amount of retooling (that would still be cost cutting for them) to avoid reuse (except maybe the head).
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 06:37 PM #2859
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Activator wrote: View Post

When it boils down to it, Zedd is just a naked muscle man in a speedo. It's incredibly shortsighted to think he's so special that there's NO use for any part of him that isn't strictly another repaint. There are definitely details within the sculpt that make him clearly Zedd, but nothing impossible with any amount of retooling (that would still be cost cutting for them) to avoid reuse (except maybe the head).
Nobody is saying it's impossible, but I'm saying the effort needed to retool Zedd might be better served with a new sculpt. What you described, adding a peg hole, isn't the same as kitbashing existing figures. There's a reason Hasbro hires professional sculptures, they don't need to approach each project like a customizer.

What other Power Rangers monsters have organic looking muscle? When Zedd came on the scene he was unlike anything we saw before. It's a totally different style than Mutitus. Zedd isn't a standard monster design, he's not a template.

I get your point. Especially with PR being a Frankenstein, and the history of suit recycling, it's reasonable to think these pieces should just fit. The Mark Richardson approach doesn't really work with action figures. It works when you only have scraps, but not when you're Hasbro.

Let's run with your idea though. Let's say you want to repurpose Zedd's legs for Vrak. It's kind of close enough, who cares about accuracy! Either Hasbro sculpts naked Zedd legs for their long-game, and makes two molds, only one of which is useful. Or you sculpt Zedd and produce Zedd, then sculpt other monsters when you need them.

Zedd is clearly sculpted to be Zedd. It costs more to rework that into a new baddie, than it does sculpting a new baddie. If they wanted to make a generic base, and maybe they have, it wouldn't be Zedd.

Sculpting new parts is a non-issue. Reusing old parts only saves money if you reuse the molds.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; July 22nd, 2019 at 06:45 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 06:40 PM #2860
> Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

bearytrek wrote: View Post

I'm still wondering what they'll come up with when they do him...

two figure pack? Regular adult sized ranger and a smaller kid-sized one so the kid head doesnt look odd on an adult body?
Nah, just make his figure into a sponge that you pour water on and watch him grow. License it under Nerf.
Windgrail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends