Home Menu

Menu



Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2016, 08:45 PM #101
Solaris's Avatar
> Solaris
It ain't nothing but love
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,516
Solaris
It ain't nothing but love
Solaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,516



Lord Zedd08 wrote: View Post

Look at it from a marketing standpoint...you have a convention of power ranger fans, and you plan to reveal the next series at the con. You're going to show off the toys and reward the fandom at their own con, similar to how Mattel did a few items at Power Con.

But wait, all the hard work and thought that you put into the reveals, are ruined because someone digs and digs and digs and the publishes all of the images of toys that you were going to show off at the con, thus taking away the surprise that you had in place.

How would that make you feel? I'm pretty sure that you would be annoyed that you now have nothing gasp worthy to reveal. Look at how they did the movie figures at SDCC and the reaction on the internet of those? They were probably hoping to do the same thing at PMC with Ninja Steel. Not anymore.

I think you misread it or I mistyped it. It was sarcasm saying that well they do so much for us (that ego maniac too) and he 'thanks them' by stealing their thunder.

But yes none the less. It's a step too far. I honestly think something needs to be done. Yet I have no clue what. I mean how can we stop him from posting a picture. It's difficult.
Solaris is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 10:04 PM #102
Lord-Zero's Avatar
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,317
eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...
Lord-Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,317
eBay



Dark storm wrote: View Post

Calm down. I know what you're saying. This is what I was saying
I wasn't raging or whatever.

Dark storm wrote: View Post

This is me, personally. Not going out saying all the parents SHOULD go out and get these. Just my recommendation and thoughts on them. They can do whatever the heck they want. This is just an at the moment kinda thing.
Over the rest of the previous line, Ninninger is the best quality we've gotten since Goseiger/Gokaiger in reference to series that received US adaptation. I may be wrong on this, and that's everyone else's opinion, but this isn't among the best we've seen even in the zordbuilder line. I have yet to see since these aren't even out yet.
Maybe you should've phrased it a bit different. Yes, the BoJ versions are prettier but cannot be easily replaced if a kid goes and breaks them. Shurikenjin wasn't really a stellar mecha to begin with so I feel kinda lost at the zordbuilder part. This isn't like the Legendary Megazord with male ZB ports hanging everywhere. It's more on the same level as the Dino Charge Megazord.
Lord-Zero is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2016, 10:56 PM #103
Autobot032's Avatar
> Autobot032
VIP Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,366
eBay
Autobot032
VIP Rider
Autobot032's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,366
eBay



*clicks thread to see new Megazord*

Hmm. Not bad, BOA did a pretty good job of modifying it. Color me impressed.

*reads through thread*

Well, that was crappy. And I absolutely understand why Bandai is PO'd. Not cool, not cool at all. =\
Autobot032 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 02:09 AM #104
Dark storm's Avatar
> Dark storm
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,644
Dark storm
Power Ranger
Dark storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,644



Lord-Zero wrote: View Post

I wasn't raging or whatever.



Maybe you should've phrased it a bit different. Yes, the BoJ versions are prettier but cannot be easily replaced if a kid goes and breaks them. Shurikenjin wasn't really a stellar mecha to begin with so I feel kinda lost at the zordbuilder part. This isn't like the Legendary Megazord with male ZB ports hanging everywhere. It's more on the same level as the Dino Charge Megazord.
Too true. My bad. I am glad that they don't use as many ports
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 04:00 AM #105
Shirubaa's Avatar
> Shirubaa
Mr. Silver
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,853
32 eBay
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver
Shirubaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,853
32 eBay



I was trying to find out why everyone was pissed at the same crappy looking McDonalds toys only to find out the real reason everyone was pissed...how they came out. Everyone's favorite creeper shot master is still harassing store employees to look at their computers or something?
Shirubaa is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 05:30 AM #106
wolfinator11's Avatar
> wolfinator11
Power Ranger Talk
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,089
wolfinator11
Power Ranger Talk
wolfinator11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,089



andr0s81 wrote: View Post

Sir, I owe you a steak dinner.



Toyfair, SDCC, NYCC, and PMC. I'm not saying their social media presence isn't abysmal, because it absolutely is, but it's hardly once a year.

But to say TRU should do a better job protecting their assets is like saying a person that gets robbed or worse, shouldn't have dressed up like they had money. That's both equal amounts arrogance and ignorance.
I wasnt gonna reply to this because every time i discuss something someones mod friend hits me with an infraction. BUT to be fair that analogy makes no sense. Hear me out. If you have valuables at home you will lock the door on your way out the house. You might have a safe, a security system. HELL maybe even a guard dog. TRU has nothing. IDK if you know what brute force url hacking is but its when you search urls one by one till something hits. MOST sites have protection against that. TRU doesn't. They are walking around with a target on their back. The listing pics are not from a store clerks PC. those PC's or price checker's that ppl scan bar codes on only have names and prices. Someone at home was able to do their url pulls and pull pictures. Is it TRU's fault? No but they should protect this crap if companies they host care this much. "Robbers" will always exist, it is up to you to protect your assets. Do i think this leak is a big deal. No considering the crap that was leaked over the year this is small fish. The main reason it seems that bandai lost their shit was because they wanted to show this stuff at comic con. I have seen info on the movie toys in TRU but will i release it. FUCK NO. Some guy at bandai spent a year making this happen i wouldn't want to steal his thunder, plus lions gate would tear me a new one. Bottom line is bandai cant sit at home handing out "valuables" when the ppl being given these valuables dont want to protect them. If you walk into a bad neighborhood with a gold watch, $200 shoes, or a suit chances are you will get robbed. SO you take the other street or protect yourself (ill leave that to your imagination)

Ranger4612 wrote: View Post

You say that like it's not the norm, but in reality not many companies, outside of like the high end collectors market, really show off toys outside of Toy Fair, and maybe SDCC. Bandai is at Toy Fair, SDCC, NYCC, and in the years where it's applicable, PMC. That's not once a year, that's 3 to 4 times, and at each show they try to have something new on display, or even just announced. Let's just look at this year alone:

TF: Reveal of most of the rest of DSC's toy line, with the announcement of Legacy 6.5" figures, and Ninja Megazord. Also on display for the first time, B&G Dragonzord, something that would've been a reveal had it not popped up on a foreign auction site.

SDCC: "Reveal" of the In Space Legacy figures, which would've been new if not for the leak prior to the event, as well as the Movie 2017 Legacy figures, and the prototype of Ninja MZ.

PMC: Presumably the majority of their first day offerings for Ninja Steel, and perhaps the in person reveal of the Red Ranger Helmet for Legacy line, and likely any remaining "surprises" from the DSC line, like the B&G Charger packs that were leaked.

NYCC: Presumably more movie merchandise, and perhaps a hint of upcoming Legacy stuff after NMZ and Helmet are released.

That's a decent amount of product shown off over the course of a year. And just because a system is outdated and prone to "hacks", it doesn't make said hacks justified because in your opinion they should've taken better precautions against. You aren't a hero if you hack a bank, and steal a bunch of people's money or personal information. Even though the bank should do a better job protecting their clients' information, your actions are not noble for exposing it in said manner. It's really not very different here. If it was such a problem, like others are saying, and just anyone can stumble on to this information, this stuff should've been leaked over a month ago when it was all updated into the system, along with the rest of the movie merchandise, but it wasn't, and now one week before Bandai is scheduled to reveal a bunch of new stuff, it just happens to be the best time to "leak" this information.
Comparing it to BOJ the sister company that has the same type of products rolled out about in the same time frame they release toy scans, magazines are sold, the site gets monthly updates. HLJ,CSTOYS, and those other online sellers protect their images. I don't justify the hacks. I'm against it (look at the above post). All I was saying was im not shocked that they happen.
wolfinator11 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 05:31 AM #107
RedRanger87's Avatar
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,528
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
RedRanger87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,528



super samurai wrote: View Post

I mean here's an idea. Move out your parents basement. Get a job. Stop constantly searching toy stores inventories for unrevealed items. It's weird.
I understand being upset....but are comments like this necessary?

Lord Zedd08 wrote: View Post

Look at it from a marketing standpoint...you have a convention of power ranger fans, and you plan to reveal the next series at the con. You're going to show off the toys and reward the fandom at their own con, similar to how Mattel did a few items at Power Con.

But wait, all the hard work and thought that you put into the reveals, are ruined because someone digs and digs and digs and the publishes all of the images of toys that you were going to show off at the con, thus taking away the surprise that you had in place.

How would that make you feel? I'm pretty sure that you would be annoyed that you now have nothing gasp worthy to reveal. Look at how they did the movie figures at SDCC and the reaction on the internet of those? They were probably hoping to do the same thing at PMC with Ninja Steel. Not anymore.



It's nice to be able to plan and budget, and perhaps Bandai is moving forward and trying to be more hands on with the fans and more engaging...but as a company, when someone like Raz or whoever goes through TRU servers to find information that shouldn't be public, that only makes bandai want to stay further away from the fandom, not embrace it.

Why try to give little exclusive info or pictures to fan sites when Raz has already revealed the main assortment of figures?



And with this, I feel like you have seen the light. Yes, it's nice to get surprises and it would be nice if Bandai would update their site and perhaps give better updates....but honestly, we all did fine before the internet, so as grnrngr said, when something new does hit, it is usually one the internet within hours if not less and then we are all aware of it and feel the excitement because it was a surprise.

With these mass reveals, we literally have nothing to be excited about at Cons like some are with Marvel Legends and such. I encourage people to go into the Dino Charge thread and read through it. Read where Raz has leaked images of upcoming toys, then read about the con that happened after where those toys were shown, and the comments made "we already knew about that, where is something new?" Well...those reveals were your something new, they were just leaked weeks early.
Because Hasbro knows that people are going to dig and have adapted accordingly. There are people who leak information for Star Wars, Transformers, and Marvel Legends. Yet Hasbro still has their big reveals. They bring stuff they're working on down the line. Now, this is a little bit more difficult with us since Bandai is limited between new seasons starting up (for example between Dino Charge and Ninja Steel). We live in a different time period from when the show first started out to now. The way we obtain information has changed. Bandai should take another look at how consumers get this info and change it up a bit.

grnrngr wrote: View Post

Even when they were properly maintaining their website, they wouldn't show 2017 products MONTHS before it would be available. That's what slow, social media reveals are for. See: PMC Legacy Collection Dino Megazord.
That's a PMC exclusive. They don't do this for their non-exclusives. Which they should probably consider.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 05:41 AM #108
Solaris's Avatar
> Solaris
It ain't nothing but love
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,516
Solaris
It ain't nothing but love
Solaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,516



RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

I understand being upset....but are comments like this necessary?
Ok yeah on hindsight I agree that was a bit much but regardless. It's true. He even admitted to giving a full year of his life to promoting this toy line. I didn't mean to insult his work ethic. Rather I was referring to the fact that he shouldn't take this that seriously to an extent where he needs to be first to leak EVERYTHING.
Solaris is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 06:11 AM #109
Lord Zedd's Avatar
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Blah
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,995
32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Blah
Lord Zedd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,995
32 eBay



RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

Because Hasbro knows that people are going to dig and have adapted accordingly. There are people who leak information for Star Wars, Transformers, and Marvel Legends. Yet Hasbro still has their big reveals. They bring stuff they're working on down the line. Now, this is a little bit more difficult with us since Bandai is limited between new seasons starting up (for example between Dino Charge and Ninja Steel). We live in a different time period from when the show first started out to now. The way we obtain information has changed. Bandai should take another look at how consumers get this info and change it up a bit.
Leaking information for a line like Hasbro and comparing it to Bandai is like apples to oranges. As you said, Hasbro still has their big reveals since they have multiple things they are working on and can bring to a show, same with Mattel. Bandai does not. You just admitted that Bandai is limited in what they do due to seasons, so how can they offer more than what they already are? Sure they could share photos of certain items little by little and tease fans, but by showing it all at one time or having it leaked as this case, then they pretty much have nothing more until 6ish months down the line.

As I said before, when these items get leaked, yes it's good to know what is coming and how to plan, but at the same time it causes a backlash because when they are shown at shows, the first thing that gets said is "we've already seen this. Why is there nothing new?" when the reality is, that it IS new stuff..just not new to us because of Raz.

I guarantee you that we will see these figures, all the past reveals that were at SDCC, and maybe the helmet at PMC....and everyone will be underwhelmed because they've already seen the toys online.
Lord Zedd is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 09:34 AM #110
RedRanger87's Avatar
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,528
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
RedRanger87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,528



Lord Zedd08 wrote: View Post

Leaking information for a line like Hasbro and comparing it to Bandai is like apples to oranges. As you said, Hasbro still has their big reveals since they have multiple things they are working on and can bring to a show, same with Mattel. Bandai does not. You just admitted that Bandai is limited in what they do due to seasons, so how can they offer more than what they already are? Sure they could share photos of certain items little by little and tease fans, but by showing it all at one time or having it leaked as this case, then they pretty much have nothing more until 6ish months down the line.

As I said before, when these items get leaked, yes it's good to know what is coming and how to plan, but at the same time it causes a backlash because when they are shown at shows, the first thing that gets said is "we've already seen this. Why is there nothing new?" when the reality is, that it IS new stuff..just not new to us because of Raz.

I guarantee you that we will see these figures, all the past reveals that were at SDCC, and maybe the helmet at PMC....and everyone will be underwhelmed because they've already seen the toys online.
It's not apples to oranges though. Especially this year. Bandai is working on Ninja Steal, Legacy Items, and Movie items. There is so much more than can be shown in those three categories.

For Ninja Steel, did anyone doubt we were getting the Rangers? The only genuine surprise is Gabi Raizo. They still have the Morpher and (possible) shurikens to show off. Aux Zords too. They still have things to show that wouldn't necessarily be spoilers. Heck, they could show a prototype Bison King because we already know StarNinger is in the show.

For Legacy, I agree that they'll have the MMPR Red Helmet and Ninja Megazord...but that doesn't mean they can't show whatever else they're working on. It wouldn't be a spoiler for anything since the Legacy line is all about past seasons. They've had mock-ups on cardboard for items they're working on. They've had a prototype Ninja Megazord made out of wood. It's not like they haven't done this in the past.

Also, how can we be upset with this when over in Sentai toy threads, we impatiently await for retailers themselves to leak Sentai quarterly catalogs? BoJ shows those off at different shows. Fans don't complain about those leaks.

The overall point is that these leaks happen and Bandai has to change their approach in how they release this info to consumers if they want to be the one's to unveil it to fans. If they've sent info for some of the Fall/Winter assortment over to retailers? Consider doing sneak peaks on their social media ahead of their con appearances. Show off an item or two they're working on at the con itself that isn't in retailer systems yet. That's how other toy companies handle it because they acknowledge that they can only do so much to prevent leaks that come from these sources.

I would hope someone going to PMC asks Greg about this. I totally would if I were going. Let's get on the same page instead of getting angry.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 10:19 AM #111
Solaris's Avatar
> Solaris
It ain't nothing but love
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,516
Solaris
It ain't nothing but love
Solaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,516



RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

It's not apples to oranges though. Especially this year. Bandai is working on Ninja Steal, Legacy Items, and Movie items. There is so much more than can be shown in those three categories.

For Ninja Steel, did anyone doubt we were getting the Rangers? The only genuine surprise is Gabi Raizo. They still have the Morpher and (possible) shurikens to show off. Aux Zords too. They still have things to show that wouldn't necessarily be spoilers. Heck, they could show a prototype Bison King because we already know StarNinger is in the show.

For Legacy, I agree that they'll have the MMPR Red Helmet and Ninja Megazord...but that doesn't mean they can't show whatever else they're working on. It wouldn't be a spoiler for anything since the Legacy line is all about past seasons. They've had mock-ups on cardboard for items they're working on. They've had a prototype Ninja Megazord made out of wood. It's not like they haven't done this in the past.

Also, how can we be upset with this when over in Sentai toy threads, we impatiently await for retailers themselves to leak Sentai quarterly catalogs? BoJ shows those off at different shows. Fans don't complain about those leaks.

The overall point is that these leaks happen and Bandai has to change their approach in how they release this info to consumers if they want to be the one's to unveil it to fans. If they've sent info for some of the Fall/Winter assortment over to retailers? Consider doing sneak peaks on their social media ahead of their con appearances. Show off an item or two they're working on at the con itself that isn't in retailer systems yet. That's how other toy companies handle it because they acknowledge that they can only do so much to prevent leaks that come from these sources.

I would hope someone going to PMC asks Greg about this. I totally would if I were going. Let's get on the same page instead of getting angry.
Well firstly speaking of the BoJ situation, us westerners don't mind them getting leaked because we know they are different from what we will get anyway and a large amount of the Power Rangers fandom actually doesn't care about the BoJ line. But how do you know that the Japanese don't mind it? I could see a fair amount of them minding.

Secondly. If they start showing very early developments/prototypes people are gonna complain they don't look good and not get hyped because often the earlier models look pretty trash. Only the last couple of models and the final of course actually look like the final product.
Solaris is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 10:32 AM #112
RedRanger87's Avatar
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,528
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
RedRanger87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,528



super samurai wrote: View Post

Well firstly speaking of the BoJ situation, us westerners don't mind them getting leaked because we know they are different from what we will get anyway and a large amount of the Power Rangers fandom actually doesn't care about the BoJ line. But how do you know that the Japanese don't mind it? I could see a fair amount of them minding.

Secondly. If they start showing very early developments/prototypes people are gonna complain they don't look good and not get hyped because often the earlier models look pretty trash. Only the last couple of models and the final of course actually look like the final product.
They might not care about the look or tooling of the toys, but PR-only fans definitely lurk and post in those threads to get an idea of what BoA would produce. The design/look of Shurikenjin isn't going to differ that much from the Ninja Steel Megazord. I cant speak for Japanese fans and I won't. I am strictly speaking about how it is handled here on RangerBoard and other PR fan websites.

As for your second point....people are going to complain regardless. We've already had some in this very thread. They need to understand that when Bandai says it's a prototype, it's exactly that. The final product almost always differs. This is called keeping expectations in check. It's great to get these early looks on how Bandai is approaching the design of these products, but most of us know that it's only an early look. This is not a difficult thing to understand.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 10:53 AM #113
Solaris's Avatar
> Solaris
It ain't nothing but love
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,516
Solaris
It ain't nothing but love
Solaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,516



RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

They might not care about the look or tooling of the toys, but PR-only fans definitely lurk and post in those threads to get an idea of what BoA would produce. The design/look of Shurikenjin isn't going to differ that much from the Ninja Steel Megazord. I cant speak for Japanese fans and I won't. I am strictly speaking about how it is handled here on RangerBoard and other PR fan websites.

As for your second point....people are going to complain regardless. We've already had some in this very thread. They need to understand that when Bandai says it's a prototype, it's exactly that. The final product almost always differs. This is called keeping expectations in check. It's great to get these early looks on how Bandai is approaching the design of these products, but most of us know that it's only an early look. This is not a difficult thing to understand.
But the BoA megazords are lower quality (and lower price I'm not comparing just stating a fact) than the BoJ ones and normally they do end up looking fairly different. BoJ megazords looking sleek and BoA looking blocky.

You are correct with your second point. But unfortunately that's not how others see it. It's not profitable for Bandai from a business point of view to show a crappy item alongside the $80 and of course to keep their reputation. They only want to show the best of the best. So saying that they should be showing there stuff way earlier is just pointless because if people like Raz didn't stalk stores systems 24/7 and even create his own barcodes and test 10-20+ at a time, then Bandai could do things at their own pace.

My main problem isn't even the fact he found the listings. It's the fact he shared the photos publicly. Especially considering PMC was less than a week away and we would have all been pleasantly surprised on Thursday when we were shown the new figures.

I've never complained at these leaks before because I'm between events yes the line does dry up a bit and there is nothing to anticipate. Therefore those leaks are in my opinion healthy for the toy line. But when the 3 biggest showcases of Power Rangers toys are all happening within the space of 2 months, it's extremely selfish to ruin Bandai's plans. It doesn't take a genius to know that they can't just pull out some models they were preparing for Ninja Steel fall line this last minute and they can't spoil anything they haven't shown in Japan yet.
Solaris is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 11:16 AM #114
RedRanger87's Avatar
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,528
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
RedRanger87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,528



super samurai wrote: View Post

But the BoA megazords are lower quality (and lower price I'm not comparing just stating a fact) than the BoJ ones and normally they do end up looking fairly different. BoJ megazords looking sleek and BoA looking blocky.
You missed the point I was making. You're talking about tooling and look (i.e. paint applications) of the toys. We know that's going to be different. However, the BoJ toy catalogs is the first exposure people have to how Toei has designed the suits, mecha, weaponry, etc. That is why PR-only fans would view the Sentai toy threads. It's a look into possibly what BoA would produce.

super samurai wrote: View Post

You are correct with your second point. But unfortunately that's not how others see it. It's not profitable for Bandai from a business point of view to show a crappy item alongside the $80 and of course to keep their reputation. They only want to show the best of the best. So saying that they should be showing there stuff way earlier is just pointless because if people like Raz didn't stalk stores systems 24/7 and even create his own barcodes and test 10-20+ at a time, then Bandai could do things at their own pace.

My main problem isn't even the fact he found the listings. It's the fact he shared the photos publicly. Especially considering PMC was less than a week away and we would have all been pleasantly surprised on Thursday when we were shown the new figures.

I've never complained at these leaks before because I'm between events yes the line does dry up a bit and there is nothing to anticipate. Therefore those leaks are in my opinion healthy for the toy line. But when the 3 biggest showcases of Power Rangers toys are all happening within the space of 2 months, it's extremely selfish to ruin Bandai's plans.
The photos that Raz released were press photos. They're supposed to entice retailers into ordering the product. Therefore, those have to be the best available. At SDCC 2015, they put out a wooden prototype of the Legacy Blade Blaster. At another con, they had a placard for an upcoming item. They've done it before. It's not like there isn't precedent.

I also think Raz should have waited, but we weren't shown anything earth-shattering either.


super samurai wrote: View Post

It doesn't take a genius to know that they can't just pull out some models they were preparing for Ninja Steel fall line this last minute and they can't spoil anything they haven't shown in Japan yet.
Ninninger has been over since February. There's nothing left to spoil.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 11:34 AM #115
Solaris's Avatar
> Solaris
It ain't nothing but love
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,516
Solaris
It ain't nothing but love
Solaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,516



Oops my bad. I haven't been following Sentai lol. But then those situations of showing prototypes you listed all still looked pretty close to the item that got released. And the place card wasn't much of a reveal to be honest. It only confirmed that the time was coming within the year. What Bandai would like to do is reveal a new item that looks a lot like what will be released which Raz stole their opportunity too.
But yeah not disagreeing with you but I just feel the fans should let the manufacturer do their thing.
Solaris is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 03:21 PM #116
andr0s81's Avatar
> andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,149
4 eBay
andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss
andr0s81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,149
4 eBay



wolfinator11 wrote: View Post

I wasnt gonna reply to this because every time i discuss something someones mod friend hits me with an infraction. BUT to be fair that analogy makes no sense. Hear me out. If you have valuables at home you will lock the door on your way out the house. You might have a safe, a security system. HELL maybe even a guard dog. TRU has nothing.
That doesn't make it okay for the person to have their valuables stolen at home though. To place TRU as the problem for not doing enough in the first place is what I took an issue with.

wolfinator11 wrote: View Post

IDK if you know what brute force url hacking is but its when you search urls one by one till something hits. MOST sites have protection against that. TRU doesn't. They are walking around with a target on their back. The listing pics are not from a store clerks PC. those PC's or price checker's that ppl scan bar codes on only have names and prices. Someone at home was able to do their url pulls and pull pictures. Is it TRU's fault? No but they should protect this crap if companies they host care this much. "Robbers" will always exist, it is up to you to protect your assets. Do i think this leak is a big deal. No considering the crap that was leaked over the year this is small fish. The main reason it seems that bandai lost their shit was because they wanted to show this stuff at comic con. I have seen info on the movie toys in TRU but will i release it. FUCK NO. Some guy at bandai spent a year making this happen i wouldn't want to steal his thunder, plus lions gate would tear me a new one. Bottom line is bandai cant sit at home handing out "valuables" when the ppl being given these valuables dont want to protect them. If you walk into a bad neighborhood with a gold watch, $200 shoes, or a suit chances are you will get robbed. SO you take the other street or protect yourself (ill leave that to your imagination)
So again, it seems like you're saying that it's TRU's fault for not doing a better job of protecting their information. It's not like you can search Ninja Steel on Toysrus.com and get these images. Someone has to go digging around and pull the information that isn't meant for public view.

They aren't unprotected, they are protected up to a certain level. Go back to your house analogy for a second.

If the home gets broken into and the valuables stolen you're saying they should have locked their home.

If the home gets broken into and they had locked their home based on what you've said someone could then argue that they should have had a deadbolt going along the same mentality, fair enough? (I don't want this to sound as I'm putting words in your mouth, just trying to illustrate something).

Going alone those same lines if the home gets broken into after being locked and having a deadbolt then it could be said they should have had an alarm system. You get the idea.

That's what I don't agree with what you're saying, because in each instance it's acknowledged that more should have been done to protect the house, but never that the people just shouldn't have robbed it in the first place.

Now I know that's not the issue here and you haven't said any of those other 2 examples, I just wanted to show where that type of thinking leads.

So applying it to the TRU situation, these links aren't public, that is a measure of security. If he did use a brute force URL hack, and to be honest I had to google that, he's still getting information not meant for the public. It wasn't like TRU didn't lock their door, but they may not have had a deadbolt.

wolfinator11 wrote: View Post

Comparing it to BOJ the sister company that has the same type of products rolled out about in the same time frame they release toy scans, magazines are sold, the site gets monthly updates. HLJ,CSTOYS, and those other online sellers protect their images. I don't justify the hacks. I'm against it (look at the above post). All I was saying was im not shocked that they happen.
BoJ and BoA aren't the same company though. They probably don't even run things the same way. I work for an insurance company that owns several smaller insurance companies and has a branch in a different country (Canada). How Canada markets something has no bearing on what the US branch does. How the main branch markets, and the tools they use for selling and support isn't even shared by the smaller branches that they own. Just because BoJ does something doesn't mean BoA even knows, or cares, how they are operating.

Yeah I get that you don't support the hacks, I think most people feel that way. With him I'm not surprised they happened, but take him out of the equation and I don't think it would have happened honestly. But Raz enjoyed a pseudo celebrity status for a time here and he thinks he's doing it for the fans. Truth be told I don't even think he likes the show or the toys anymore, but he definitely enjoys all the credit he gets. Unfortunately the only way I see this stopping is if Bandai just takes control of the information and puts it out officially before he can get to it. That's what happening with movie trailers nowadays.

Sorry for the long post!
andr0s81 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 04:14 PM #117
grnrngr's Avatar
> grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 9,238
eBay
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com
grnrngr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 9,238
eBay



Anybody who thinks that anything described in this thread so far is "hacking" is so hilariously naive.

Hacking is a crime. Changing query string parameters in a URL is not hacking.

andr0s81 wrote: View Post

So applying it to the TRU situation, these links aren't public, that is a measure of security. If he did use a brute force URL hack, and to be honest I had to google that, he's still getting information not meant for the public.
Precisely.

This is more akin to having a phone number not listed in a phone book (hello dated reference). Just because you dialed 111-1111 then 111-1112 etc. until you found something you were looking for, doesn't you mean you hacked anything.

When you post that person's unlisted phone number? You aren't a hacker - you're a dick.
grnrngr is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 04:51 PM #118
GoldBlade6's Avatar
> GoldBlade6
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 317
GoldBlade6
Power Ranger
GoldBlade6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 317



Leaks happen. Bandai might be disappointed they didn't get to unveil this stuff, but they'll survive. And some people I'm sure WERE surprised when they saw it for the first time, so it's not like seeing it any other time would have been any more surprising. You got your surprise, just at a different time. In fact, you're getting an even bigger surprise because you get to see them so early!

If you prefer to live in ignorance for your own bliss, maybe the free exchange of boundless information that is the Internet isn't for you and you. It's not like we didn't know that poorer versions of the Japanese merchandise + a line of figures were coming. Now we've just seen them a little earlier than Bandai might have hoped.

Seriously, maybe this sub-topic needs its own thread.
GoldBlade6 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 04:57 PM #119
Falcon6's Avatar
> Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 771
eBay
Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel
Falcon6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 771
eBay



Thats not the point here. Bandai told us they had big things coming for pmc, and ninja steel was supposed to be their star attraction. Someone decided it was up to them to show everyone what was behind curtain #1, when they had NO business doing so. Besides, saying "leaks happen" is like saying murder happens. Just because you can, doesnt mean you should.
Falcon6 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 04:59 PM #120
TPV3 Version 2's Avatar
> TPV3 Version 2
Butthole
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,519
TPV3 Version 2
Butthole
TPV3 Version 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,519



grnrngr wrote: View Post

This is more akin to having a phone number not listed in a phone book (hello dated reference). Just because you dialed 111-1111 then 111-1112 etc. until you found something you were looking for, doesn't you mean you hacked anything.

When you post that person's unlisted phone number? You aren't a hacker - you're a dick.
Finally, someone gets it!
TPV3 Version 2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.