Home Menu

Menu

Old January 31st, 2019, 09:25 PM #1
> Legacy-Ranger
Red Space Ranger

Legacy-Ranger
Red Space Ranger

Are SDCC Exclusives really over priced on Auction Sites?

I have been giving this some thought. I have read how some have complained about some Power Rangers SDCC Exclusives are overpriced on sites like Ebay. But If one thinks about it. When you figure in air fair, con tickets , Hotel costs.
Are some of them really that over priced to buy? A person buying an Item off Ebay don't have to pay those extra costs?

Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Legacy-Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2019, 08:20 AM #2
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

If you are going soley for the item yes. But you should enjoy your trip. Whether its sdcc or nycc you are in a great city. Go enjoy it. Even cons that arent as big but have exclusives have cities with things you can do.
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2019, 09:26 AM #3
> HezMania
Power Ranger

HezMania
Power Ranger

I also factor in things like having to package up the item, send the package, etc. In my opinion it is worth the extra cost for the seller
HezMania is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 07:10 AM #4
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Legacy-Ranger wrote: View Post

I have been giving this some thought. I have read how some have complained about some Power Rangers SDCC Exclusives are overpriced on sites like Ebay. But If one thinks about it. When you figure in air fair, con tickets , Hotel costs.
Are some of them really that over priced to buy? A person buying an Item off Ebay don't have to pay those extra costs?

Anyone else have thoughts on this?
I have both bought (SDCC) and sold (PMC) items on Ebay and this is pretty much my mindset. It costs a decent amount of money to go to these events so it only seems natural that the price would be bumped up.

TheDub wrote: View Post

If you are going soley for the item yes. But you should enjoy your trip. Whether its sdcc or nycc you are in a great city. Go enjoy it. Even cons that arent as big but have exclusives have cities with things you can do.
Of course people should enjoy their trip but that doesn't really fully answer the question. I doubt many people are only toy mules when they go to these things.

For example, I went to PMC 2018. I had a blast. I enjoyed my time at the con, I went to Disneyland and I drove the Pacific Coast Highway after the con ended. It was fun. That said, it was also expensive. I certainly don't expect Buyers on eBay to fund my entire vacation, but it is certainly helpful to be able to recoup some of that cost by selling some items on eBay. And from the buyer's point of view, if the toy is their top priority and the con is secondary, it actually saves them money. From both perspectives it makes sense for the price to be slightly higher than the price at the con. This also depends on whether I know you or not. If a friend asked me to pick something up, I'm getting it for them at cost. If I'm selling something on eBay, I want a little bit more back.

HezMania wrote: View Post

I also factor in things like having to package up the item, send the package, etc. In my opinion it is worth the extra cost for the seller
Agreed. The seller's time is another consideration. For the attendees at PMC it wasn't a big deal to get Drakkon (not getting into the non-attending fiasco), but for some of the bigger cons (NYCC, SDCC) you basically need to run to the booth to get the item you want. I couldn't get the Fighting Spirit Legacy pack when I attended NYCC and my friend who goes to SDCC rarely has luck. In these cases the person who gets the item is often choosing between grabbing the item or some other con-related experience (or in SDCC's case, they are camping out very early in the morning to get a good place in line).
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote