Home Menu

Menu

Old February 19th, 2019, 12:22 PM #281
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

It's possible the Christmas special isn't quite in line with the current episodes, but yesterday's episode was fun. And it was touching how Delilah chose her father over ruling the world.

Also, there was a mock Top Gear ad with DM right after it.

I just watched today's episode, and it was pretty fun. Always nice to see Penfold get more focus.
Bluecatcinema is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2019, 03:50 AM #282
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Bluecatcinema wrote: View Post

I just watched today's episode, and it was pretty fun. Always nice to see Penfold get more focus.
It was great, We got a lot of background information on Penfold's childhood, and Penfold kicked major arse with his kung fu powers (a pity it only works when he's on a farm), it impressed Col. K so much he finally remembered Penfold's name. It also reveals that K associates forgetting agent's names with how he personally ranks them, as he decided to forget DM's name afterwards once Penfold started showing him up.

There was even something for those stubborn and insistent Squawk/Penfold 'shippers ("My hero")

That twist with Penfold's grandmother is something I should have honestly seen coming since there was no other clear antagonists about other than the barnyard animals.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2019, 12:12 PM #283
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

It was interesting how they acknowledged the existence of normal-looking animals in a world filled with anthropomorphic versions.
Old February 20th, 2019, 12:31 PM #284
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

It was interesting how they acknowledged the existence of normal-looking animals in a world filled with anthropomorphic versions.
They ought to spin it as a natural selection thing...some animals are just animals, stinted in growth, but others have been fortunate enough to evolve. That might be a wee bit complex for the younger audience though

I peeked ahead and watched "Jam Session" on the i-Player this morning.

It's staff appreciation day, and Penfold has to choose between an high-octane adventure park with DM, or a pop culture convention with Squawk. DM and Squawk basically start doing tasks for Penfold in an attempt to win his favour. Penfold lets this get to his head and he begins ordering them about and getting them to do his laundry, give him and his teddy bear massages, catalogue his collection of pencils etc. Finally, a jam monster Penfold accidentally created in the lab attacks the whole base, and after it's defeated, the Colonel calls off the appreciation day and gets all three of them to scrub the headquarters clean of all the jam, but Penfold's pretty happy because he's surrounded by jam which he can put on his sandwiches.

I kept a sharp eye out for all the Squawk/Penfold moments (you know what I'm like with these two), the parts that stuck out were Squawk advising Penfold to let her influence his decisions rather than DM, and the massage scene. I was thinking 'nobody usually asks someone who's just a 'mate' to do something as pleasurable as this, ha...oh, and the giant hamper of jam Squawk bought for him. She knows what he likes, tee hee
Old February 21st, 2019, 12:10 PM #285
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

I just watched it myself. It was a fun episode. You can't blame Penfold for taking advantage of DM and Squawk's obvious attempts at gaining his favor. And even if he did accidentally cause the big problem of the episode, he was also the one to figure out the solution.
Old February 21st, 2019, 12:18 PM #286
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

I just watched it myself. It was a fun episode. You can't blame Penfold for taking advantage of DM and Squawk's obvious attempts at gaining his favor. And even if he did accidentally cause the big problem of the episode, he was also the one to figure out the solution.
Yeah, Penfold needed to learn the moral of the story, but once he did, he came through for everyone in the end and got to have a fun day after all, even if DM and Squawk were a little disappointed neither got their own out.

Yesterday's CBBC episode was a clip show...ugh, I hate that they wasted the telethon concept on that. Still, we got confirmation DM's most embarrassing moment is dressing up as a woman and playing about in the lab
Old February 26th, 2019, 06:04 AM #287
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

All of this week's new episodes are available to view on the i-Player , I've watched two of them so far

"Duplicate Mouse"

A really solid action/adventure story pitting DM and Penfold in a rematch with Big Head and it really makes you think. Squawk invents a warp drive that winds up duplicating the Mayfair headquarters and everyone in it. DM teams up with himself, but both of them eventually butt heads and rely on Penfold to get them out of a scrap. The duplicate of Squawk eventually succeeds in transporting her HQ and team, along with Big Head, off world to parts unknown. It's not known whether this was the original team exiting the series and replaced with doubles, or not. The end of the episode also reveals there's been another Earth duplicated

"The Supies"

Yet ANOTHER clip show. How lazy. Still, worth it to see Duckula and Jeopardy again (even if Jeopardy had a non-speaking role). I thought DM was acting surprisingly underhanded in it...receiving the awards only because he was sponsoring a cereal named after him, and even his attempt at making up for it was to hand his teammates awards for all of their character flaws, he then takes advantage of a group hug at the end to remind everyone to eat the cereal. What an asshole, rofl

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; February 26th, 2019 at 06:49 AM.
Old February 28th, 2019, 09:45 AM #288
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

I saw "Sharp as a Pin" on Monday. The classic "identical family members mistaken for each other" storyline. It was pretty funny how DM didn't notice the differences between Penfold and his cousin Pinfold (especially after making a big deal about how a special agent should notice every little detail).

"The Last Giraffe Warrior" (Tuesday) was another decent Penfold episode, but one that deconstructed the whole "chosen one" theme by showing that teamwork is really the way to go.

"Duplicate Mouse" (yesterday) was pretty good, especially the dynamics between all the duplicates. Though you have to question why Squawk keeps trying to use Bighead for good, since it never works out...
Old February 28th, 2019, 09:59 AM #289
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Just looked ahead for next week, seems there's only two new episodes and then another hiatus. Tuesday's episode will be of particular interest to 'shippers

No, not Penfold/Squawk 'shippers ...but DM/Squawk 'shippers. DM finds a "futuroid photo" of him and the Professor kissing
Old February 28th, 2019, 12:04 PM #290
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

It is a shame that the new episiodes are ending so soon, but that that is a surprising storyine.

And I just watched "The Supies". It being a clip show was bad enough (though the montage of Colonel K getting Penfold's name wrong was actually pretty good), but another demonstration of DM's massive ego was the last thing we needed. It was nice to see Duckula again, though.
Old February 28th, 2019, 12:08 PM #291
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

It was nice to see Duckula again, though.
And Jeopardy too, even if she didn't get a line (other than in the clips)
Old February 28th, 2019, 12:11 PM #292
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Agreed. She really needs another spotlight episode.
Old February 28th, 2019, 01:16 PM #293
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Agreed. She really needs another spotlight episode.
I've mentioned the possibility before, but it may just be her voice actress Lena Heady is too busy to reprise the role this season.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 11:30 AM #294
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

I checked the wikipedia page...apparently at some point season three was retconned as the second half of season two so both that and season one would have fifty episodes each. By the time we get to Tuesday's episode, we'll be up to episode 49 of this season, meaning there's only one episode left to go, which is both the 100th episode and likely the finale, so why not air it on Wednesday? Not unless it's a half hour story and they don't have a slot open to show it.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 02:23 PM #295
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Maybe it is something like that. A half hour episode to celebrate the 100th episode, and they're saving it to start a new group of episodes.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 02:28 PM #296
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Maybe it is something like that. A half hour episode to celebrate the 100th episode, and they're saving it to start a new group of episodes.
Alternatively, if it's both the 100th episode and the finale, they could be holding it off so it airs as an Easter special that they can show over that holiday weekend on BBC ONE.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 05:09 PM #297
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Maybe. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 03:00 PM #298
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Funny story, I was watching a DM clip on Youtube today and made a comment, somebody replied to me asking if I was "that one guy who 'ships Squawk and Penfold on a site called RangerBoard?"

So this thread is actually generating some buzz for the site.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 05:45 PM #299
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Looks like it.
Old March 5th, 2019, 03:10 AM #300
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

I just watched "The World Is Full of Stuff"

Holy shit

Squawk and DM get married in the future

My life is a lie

Other thoughts

A hillbilly alien who steals things on Earth to impress a girl, who of course isn't interested. Thought it was funny and reminded me a lot of Cletus the slack jawed yokel from The Simpsons. Narrator tries to interact, but his microphone gets stolen, rofl. DM and Squawk's 'kiss' wasn't all it seemed to be, it was just a way of transferring a key in Squawk's mouth over to Danger Mouses'. Also, good on Penfold to be perfectly fine with wearing a pink tutu (he prefers purple)

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; March 5th, 2019 at 04:43 AM.