Menu

Old May 13th, 2018, 10:00 PM #121
> ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

JB paused before addressing Jezebel. "Uh... there's something weird with the guys near you. I'm getting some sort of odd energy pattern coming from them... just be careful..."

He then sent a message to Lux and Sampson:

*you guys getting any weird scans from the frozen workers near Cyber Unit? I noticed on my computer you guys were online and monitoring the situation so I figured I'd ask. Is it me..
or do the patterns look like Cyber Unit's energy signature?*
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 02:50 PM #122
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

“Base, What should I do with them in the mean time, just to be safe?” Blake
RedLegacyRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2018, 04:15 PM #123
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

JB bit his lip. He didn't want to ruin what SPD was wanting to do with this scenario, and he didn't feel as of things had gone badly enough for him to intervene.

"Just wait for further orders from Jezebel," JB replied.

Suddenly, a black streak appeared in front of Blake. Before anyone could react, Patriot Ranger activated a Patriot Blade and put it to the neck of one of the "zombified" guards.

"Hey, Big Red! Er... Black?" Patriot Ranger said to Blake. "Just got done with my shift! What have I missed and what are these goons doing? They're kinda freaking me out..."

In The Patriot, Chambers groaned. "Oh, no... he's gonna ruin everything!"

Jenkins simply laughed. "Nah! This is when it gets fun!"
Old June 6th, 2018, 08:39 PM #124
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

“Copy.” Blake said as he stood next to Patriot in a defensive position. “Honestly, I have no idea what’s wrong with them.” He said
Old July 9th, 2018, 07:49 AM #125
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

"Lux? Sampson? Any idea what's going on here?" Derek asked over his comm unit.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 09:59 AM #126
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

Lux leaned in, looking at the scan results. "It does look like Cyber Unit's energy signature. It's decaying already, though, so I can't be 100% sure. Just going by the color...hey, Jez? You have anything to do with this?"

The guards seemed to be coming around slowly, blinking the redness out of their eyes.

"I'm not doing anything," Jezebel said, sounding just as baffled as everyone else. "But if it's decaying then we should start moving before they wake up entirely."
MichelleTheEditor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2018, 01:49 PM #127
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

“Let’s get a move on guys, before they wake up.” Blake said.
Old August 5th, 2018, 07:18 PM #128
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

JB let out a puff of frustration before openly speaking to Lux and Sampson. "What do you mean that it looks like Cyber Unit's signature? Uh... How is that even possible? From what Blake told me, that shouldn't be possible!"

A cold feeling swept through JB. It was a familiar feeling. A feeling of being trapped in a situation he knew not how to escape. It was one he had been all too familiar with... flashes of the Volunteer Rangers passed through his mind. Of the feeling of hopelessness Ecliptis murdered Sean right before his very eyes. Of hearing what happened to Triforia and not having been there in Trey's time of need. Of being trapped in the Apocalypse Universe. Of the time he had fought hand to hand with Nek in the interrogation room of the HPD building, just days after having been flung from Toku to his current home.

Of watching who he had thought was the Future: Omega Ranger attack SPD back in his home universe...

No... no... this can't be happening... He thought. Nek always does this! We have to find a way to outsmart him! I thought we'd done it with Cyber Unit... Did he hack us using Digital's powers? But I thought we'd used Tensou's version of the algorithm to stalemate him!? Is this the end... no! I can't think like that!

But, wanting to or not, JB was feeling defeated... completely lost...

Derek furrowed his brow behind his visor. "Move out, man? And just leave these guys here? What are you even doing here? What's in the trucks?"

"They are on some sort of mission for SPD," Sampson said over the comms. "It was kinda to test them out, but things kinda got weird... We were supposed to not interfere..."

"Well, I'm not some SPD lackey and I'm not gonna let a field test's integrity potentially jeopardize the city," Derek said to Blake. "I'm assuming you're still the field commander, Blake, so please accept my apologies and tell Doggie I said, 'hey'."

After a long and exhausting shift at the hospital, being able to morph and actually get some action on people who were directly connected to Nek's operations felt like the best thing in the world to Derek. Unable to hold back a smile, Derek activated a Patriot Blade and rushed to one of the semi-comatose workers. Patriot Ranger hovered the blade centimeters from his target's neck, watching the stubble there begin to sizzle from the heat of the laser blade.

"Okay, pal... Where's Atlas Nek!?"

Up in the sky, Jenkins let out a holler. "Woohoo! That's my boy! I understand what you see in him, Miss Chambers."

Chambers was caught offguard by Jenkins' upfront comment. "I... well... I, uh..."

"Yeah, yeah. Send him a candygram later or somethin'," Jenkins replied with a chortle.

Chambers laughed at that. "Candygram? Really? Nice job showing your age, old timer."

Jenkins shrugged. "Meh, it is what it is. Now to watch my boy unravel this whole thing so I can finally get involved!"

Back at SPD HQ, Cruger watched on. Boom could feel the tension coming off of Anubis as they watched the scene.

"Tell A Squad to get the Patriot team out of there ASAP..." Was Doggie's command, done at a menacing whisper.

"Yuh... yes, sir..." Boom said as he scrambled for the comm.

"Okay, Jezebel... show me what you got..." Commander Cruger stated, focusing his eyes on the Red Cyber Unit Ranger on the monitor before him.
Old August 14th, 2018, 08:27 AM #129
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

“I’ll tell the big dog you said hi.” Blake said, as he hustled away
Old September 30th, 2018, 08:29 AM #130
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Derek stared at the seemingly paralyzed soldier, waiting for him to answer. After what felt like an eternity (but was a little more than fifteen seconds), Patriot Ranger grunted in anger. He pulled his Patriot Blade away from his target, then kicked him in the chest. What happened next shocked the Patriot Ranger...

The man did not budge. Granted, Derek did not kick him very hard, but definitely hard enough for a ranger to cause a human to fall to their backs. Furrowing his brow behind his visor, he added some "umph" into his next kick and... nothing.

"Uh... guys? I'm getting kinda worried here..." Patriot Ranger stated. "What... what's going on?"
Old October 1st, 2018, 03:08 PM #131
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

Hearing the anxiety in Derek's voice, Blake rushed back. Seeing the man not budge, Blake began to get worried himself. "Base, what should we do? We have one that's not responsive." Blake asked over his comm.
Old October 7th, 2018, 03:00 PM #132
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

"This truck is empty," Gabe said, climbing out. "You guys at SPD can mess with the boxes I sent you, right? Or should we take everything? I don't know how much longer we've got before someone starts resisting. Oh, hi Derek."

Jezebel let out a hissing breath through her teeth. Her first mission as Red Ranger and they were spending more time standing around talking than actually doing something. And then there was the Patriot Ranger, showing up and trying to play bad cop with what was probably a bottom-level grunt. These people might not even know Nek was involved--he did like to hide his tracks. She approached him.

"The city isn't in danger because of a truck convoy, and that guy isn't going to be able to tell you where Nek is even if he wanted to. We're doing fine. If you'd been briefed you'd know that."

"Um, Red Ranger? What are your orders?" Gabe interjected, making an effort to sound normal. That did get her attention, and she paused, thinking it over.

"SPD, have you looked into the boxes yet? We need to know whether to bring in the rest or just destroy it," she said into the comms.

"What's a candygram?" Lacey asked, looking a little uncomfortable.

"Google it, it's safe," Lux said, waving a hand. "Bitao, are you absolutely sure you didn't do anything? Because energy-wise, this looks an awful lot like Blake's constructs. Did you get a secondary power like him?"
Old October 16th, 2018, 10:16 AM #133
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

Hearing Lux's comment over the comm, Blake chuckled; "Looks like your getting a power Jez." he said
Old October 16th, 2018, 10:23 AM #134
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

"What?" Jezebel repeated. This time she wasn't trying to act controlled, she was too off-balance. Was that...? This had to be tested. She focused on the man Derek had just kicked. He still seemed paralyzed. Had she done that too? At the very least she hadn't wanted him to fight back against Derek and escalate the situation, but it could still be some kind of command from General Atlas. Well, only one way to be sure.

"You, stand up," she ordered.
Old October 16th, 2018, 02:47 PM #135
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

((For some reason RangerBoard notified me of RLR's reply but not yours, Michelle *sigh*))

Derek felt his face grow red behind his visor. He had allowed his feelings of being cooped up at the hospital cause him to revert back to some of his impulsive ways. He simply took a step back to not cause anymore problems.

"No, we haven't inspected the boxes yet! We were waiting for Gabe to finish bringing them all in to--"

"What!?" Cruger was heard screaming through the comm. "What if it is dangerous!? I thought you would have scanned them immediately!"

JB heard all of this from his desk, and an uneasy feeling hit him... what if taking those boxes directly to SPD HQ was what Nek wanted them to do...?

"Ahem... Commander Cruger? Boom? Please inspect those boxes as soon as possible..." JB found himself saying in an oddly polite tone.

Dr. Manx had already left her office, having overheard the "commotion". She'd told herself that, for the first mission, she would allow the others to prove themselves.

I should have perhaps given that more that... She thought, smirking as she did.

Waving her badge in front of a panel, a door opened. It lead to the room with the boxes Gabe had brought in.

"This is Dr. Kat Manx," She said into a wall comm. "I need some science cadets here immediately to help me scan these boxes. Send me... five."

Sighing, she pulled out a scanner from a backpack she had on and pointed it at one of the boxes.

Now let's see what we got...

Jenkins chuckled at Lacey's question, but stopped to listen to what Lux was saying. He typed in some commands in The Patriot and caused a camera to zoom in on Jezebel as she ordered the soldier up.

"Hunh... this should be good, huh, Lacey?" Jenkins said, pointing at the screen.
Old October 16th, 2018, 05:06 PM #136
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

The man Jezebel had spoken to stood up, moving a little jerkily. His eyes were glowing red again. The Red Ranger drew in a slow breath. So...now she could use mind control on people. The shouting from Cruger made her snap out of it, and she looked back towards Gabe and the portal. It was slightly terrifying to hear the usually cool, controlled head of SPD scream like that.

"I can open one up here if you guys are worried," Gabe said, leaning down towards the portal opening so he could be heard through there too. "I'm suited up and all."

The boxes, however, weren't waiting for them to make their decision. At least, not the ones that had been jostled.More dark smoke curled up from around the edges, carrying an acrid smell. The sides began to sag inwards. Whatever was inside, it appeared to be melting.

Lacey leaned in to look. "Yeah, it looks like it's coming from her. I guess that's one thing we don't need to worry about?"

Tags
crisis crunch, here we go again, nek is back, new beginnings, rpg