Home Menu

Menu

Closed

Old June 11th, 2018, 10:58 PM #1
> Mythdon
Howling Wolf!

Mythdon
Howling Wolf!

Have you ever gone from hating to loving a series? (or vice versa)

I used to hate both Time Force and SPD when I was little because I thought it was stupid how the monsters didn't get destroyed and thought that cops and Rangers didn't mix, but when I got older, I rewatched SPD and watched every episode of Time Force from start to finish, and really got into their stories and I now think they're some of the seasons that employed their theme the best.

I've also been rewatching Jungle Fury and it's not as bad as I remember it.

I've also been giving RPM another shot. I stopped watching it after only a few episodes because I thought that season was boring, but after watching the first 8 episodes again, I actually think RPM is one of the most well written in terms of character backstory thus far. I still need to finish watching it to form a final opinion though, but so far, so good.

On the other hand, I've been rewatching Samurai and it's not as good as I remember it. I used to enjoy watching it the first time, but now I think it's pretty pitiful. I think the only reason I enjoyed Samurai so much the first time was because I was excited about Power Rangers coming back on the air. Now I can't really get into the characters at all and Bulk isn't even funny like he was in MMPR.

I guess another way of putting this question would be has your opinion of a PR series/season ever changed after rewatching?
Old June 11th, 2018, 11:06 PM #2
> sylarking
Power Ranger

sylarking
Power Ranger

Mythdon wrote: View Post

I used to hate both Time Force and SPD when I was little because I thought it was stupid how the monsters didn't get destroyed and thought that cops and Rangers didn't mix, but when I got older, I rewatched SPD and watched every episode of Time Force from start to finish, and really got into their stories and I now think they're some of the seasons that employed their theme the best.

I've also been rewatching Jungle Fury and it's not as bad as I remember it.

I've also been giving RPM another shot. I stopped watching it after only a few episodes because I thought that season was boring, but after watching the first 8 episodes again, I actually think RPM is one of the most well written in terms of character backstory thus far. I still need to finish watching it to form a final opinion though, but so far, so good.

On the other hand, I've been rewatching Samurai and it's not as good as I remember it. I used to enjoy watching it the first time, but now I think it's pretty pitiful. I think the only reason I enjoyed Samurai so much the first time was because I was excited about Power Rangers coming back on the air. Now I can't really get into the characters at all and Bulk isn't even funny like he was in MMPR.

I guess another way of putting this question would be has your opinion of a PR series/season ever changed after rewatching?
Why don't like monsters not being destroyed?
Old June 11th, 2018, 11:07 PM #3
> Mythdon
Howling Wolf!

Mythdon
Howling Wolf!

sylarking wrote: View Post

Why don't like monsters not being destroyed?
That was when I was little. Now I actually see why they did that as part of the story.
Old June 11th, 2018, 11:09 PM #4
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

I hated turbo.

Now I like it better than zeo.
Old June 11th, 2018, 11:39 PM #5
> Buddy2814
VIP Rider

Buddy2814
VIP Rider

I initially had very little love for Time Force, but it was my late ex's favorite season after MMPR season 1, so I slowly grew to appreciate it as I watched with her a season or two after it ended (she had recorded every episode). Honestly, I don't know what made me not give it a fair shake now that I look back, I just watched the first few episodes and didn't seem to care for it back then so I just skipped it.
Old June 11th, 2018, 11:58 PM #6
> GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

GreenMystechRanger
JusticeForK

I used to think Lightspeed was boring, but after re-watching it a while back, I don't remember why I thought it was. It's a pretty awesome season.
Old June 12th, 2018, 12:06 AM #7
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

The first half of Turbo. Fifteen-year-old me hated it, and I understand why ... but thirty-year-old me thinks it's just as good as the second half. Yeah, Justin still has a couple of bad episodes (and don't get me started on Dimitria and Alpha) but yeah.

It's the only season where time's changed my mind. Like, SPD and DT, I didn't like them at the time and upon rewatching, I disliked them even more intensely. MMPRs1, you're supposed to get over that, but every time I rewatch it, I only love it more. But yeah, the first half of Turbo is the only one where time's changed my mind.

(maybe JF, but JF was always a decent season, it just starts really slow. By the time the narrative really kicks into gear, you're halfway through the damn thing, which was true at the time and still true now)
Old June 12th, 2018, 12:15 AM #8
> Mythdon
Howling Wolf!

Mythdon
Howling Wolf!

Peter wrote: View Post

[Jungle Fury] starts really slow. By the time the narrative really kicks into gear, you're halfway through the damn thing, which was true at the time and still true now)
Same was true for Turbo and Lost Galaxy.
Old June 12th, 2018, 12:18 AM #9
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Lost Galaxy at least had early momentum with the Lights of Orion (as nonsensical as it was) and Leo's grief over Mike. Then in the second half, Deviot shows up and Trakeena takes over, and then you kick into the actual lost galaxy arc. I don't consider it slow, because there were little things pushing it forward the whole time.
Old June 12th, 2018, 12:24 AM #10
> hasbro_primo
"One day I shall return."

hasbro_primo
"One day I shall return."

Lost Galaxy at least had early momentum with the Lights of Orion (as nonsensical as it was) and Leo's grief over Mike. Then in the second half, Deviot shows up and Trakeena takes over, and then you kick into the actual lost galaxy arc. I don't consider it slow, because there were little things pushing it forward the whole time.
This guy gets it.

LG was a ton of mini-arcs crammed together, which is why I always felt engaged despite the overall story coming out disjointed.
Old June 12th, 2018, 12:30 AM #11
> Mythdon
Howling Wolf!

Mythdon
Howling Wolf!

True but it had many filler episodes in between each story arc up until the Lost Galaxy arc where the season really picked up. It did run for 45 episodes. It didn't just jump from one story arc to another and each story arc had ran for like 5 or so episodes which I'd say is a slow season. Lost Galaxy really took its time with the narrative unlike most other seasons.
Old June 14th, 2018, 11:24 AM #12
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

well so far, no series from PR has made me go from loving it to hating it. i either love it or hate it. but to push this a bit further, beyond PR, I loved the series Dexter. It was such an interesting take on rooting for a serial killer. But jesus, that final season leading up to the finale was just garbage. i hated everything about the series after that finale. to this day, i still can't watch any episode of that series, because of how horrible it ended. so yea. theres that.
Old June 14th, 2018, 11:38 AM #13
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

The first time I peaced out of the show, it was Wild Force. And for the longest time, it just had this stink to it. But I mellowed on it--some of the things WF did were real cool, even as the way the show was made hinted at how Tzachor would run things years later.
Old June 14th, 2018, 12:00 PM #14
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

I was very very ignorant towards mystic force based on suit designs(mainly the capes) and an odd episode or two i saw here and there. Then when i sat down to watch every episode of power rangers, mystic force became my favourite season of all time.
Old June 14th, 2018, 02:47 PM #15
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

I had my expectations on NS.
Old June 14th, 2018, 02:49 PM #16
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Wasn't a huge fan of Turbo at the start. They were ditching Rocky (my second favorite Ranger) for Justin and Billy (my first favorite) was long gone at that point. But the little runt Justin started growing on me and I was actually sad when he left the show. Now I see Turbo as a pretty decent season.
Closed