Home Menu

Menu

Old March 16th, 2019, 07:01 PM #21
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

First off, that intro has the best visuals I've ever seen. The neon silhouettes, the literal title cards showing the cast, the cutting into the rock to reveal the logo... That might just go down as greatest Sentai opening of all time.

The episode itself was also a feast for the senses. Two of every Ryusoulger, the fight choreography in the cave and with the robo, the trapezoid transformation sequence, the designs of the bad guys straddling the line between cute and silly, it's all working perfectly. My only hope is that the Ryusouls they summon before changing get to work like Plamonsters or Shift Cars sometimes.

And I LOVED the bagpipes in the background. The Mystic Knights of Tyr A Migo!
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 16th, 2019, 07:03 PM #22
> Riderdimension
The only one

Riderdimension
The only one

I think it's pretty much confirmed that they died, considering Blue and Pinks souls glowed like Red's did when Master Red's soul got absorbed into it.
Riderdimension is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 07:23 PM #23
> timefan1986
Power Ranger

timefan1986
Power Ranger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTmFsF4eRDY
The episode is legally on YouTube on Bandai channel.
If you have a VPN, enjoy
timefan1986 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 16th, 2019, 07:53 PM #24
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

The Mystic Knights of Tyr A Migo!
I am definitely borrowing that one for a future thread subtitle.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 08:32 PM #25
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

Over-Time has posted a raw for "Dinoknight Sentai Ryusoulger ". (I guess "Diknight" is a bit awkward of a compression.)
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 08:42 PM #26
> HOW1215
Power Ranger

HOW1215
Power Ranger

Here's a link to the TV opening.

https://twitter.com/GuSTaVauMJRI/sta...90484500017152

Without a doubt, this is the BEST opening for a Super Sentai series both musically and visually.
HOW1215 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 08:45 PM #27
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

And the ending.

https://twitter.com/GuSTaVauMJRI/sta...11128109383680
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 10:06 PM #28
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Holy hell this episode was just beautiful. Lot more dramatic than I was expecting, but that is what you get Kamihoruichi for. The Druidon is particular are more threatening than I would assume. But the mech fight tho. Sentai is learning from Ultraman. Truly a thing of beauty.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 10:33 PM #29
> Thunder025
Saishio Ni Itte Oku

Thunder025
Saishio Ni Itte Oku

I think what I liked the most about this episode is
that it didn't feel a lot like a first episode. It didn't waste time with first episode things such as a Henshin and Roll Call pre-main fight, Summon Sequence, Gattai sequence, etc.

It was straight to the point and I loved it.

I do prefer the non-stock henshin. Not a big fan of the dancing souls as much as I'm not a big fan of the mix of matsuri music and samba. It doesn't clash very well with the rest of the motif.
Thunder025 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 10:58 PM #30
> TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

HOW1215 wrote: View Post

Here's a link to the TV opening.

https://twitter.com/GuSTaVauMJRI/sta...90484500017152

Without a doubt, this is the BEST opening for a Super Sentai series both musically and visually.
Wow, I have never been more excited for a Super Sentai series then by watching their opening. That was gorgeous and mind-blowing. Canít wait to see the first episode once people post the subbed version.
TZKBTJ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 01:12 AM #31
> gantarat
Power Ranger

gantarat
Power Ranger

From OP

Look Like we have a mysterious ally uncle like Kogure again.
gantarat is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 02:56 AM #32
> EndouKouichirou
Power Ranger

EndouKouichirou
Power Ranger

gantarat wrote: View Post

From OP

Look Like we have a mysterious ally uncle like Kogure again.
Kogure actually felt more like he fit the mandatory mentor role, whereas this mysterious guy may turn out to be either Bud from Zyuoh or that ice guy from LuPat (I s2g I already forgot his name).

As for the show,

I though it was just me but yeah, that OP rock!

The first ep was made to be fast-paced but not to a point where it felt rushed. It's basically bringing an old-school sentai to the new era. Everyone just looked so mature.

I kinda wish Green was Yellow cause I miss the R-B-B-Y-P formula. But overall, I am utterly excited and looking forward.
EndouKouichirou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 03:29 AM #33
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

Holy hell this episode was just beautiful. Lot more dramatic than I was expecting, but that is what you get Kamihoruichi for. The Druidon is particular are more threatening than I would assume. But the mech fight tho. Sentai is learning from Ultraman. Truly a thing of beauty.
https://i.imgur.com/OLH1hA3.jpg?1
Everything works perfect, the Opening credits and the all effects, we can really consider muc hdramatic epsiode, Druidon dont mess around, the Mecha battle really amazing, and the all more dynamic battle...

Super Sentai is really learning with Ultraman Battles, the Battle in LuPat were dynamic too, but this one take to a High Level, but the Dynamic of the Mecha battles started to be moe dynamic since Go-Busters...
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 04:03 AM #34
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Ok, the opening was REALLY good.

The episode had some weird cuts but I guess the director wanted to make sure this series feels different

Didn't see the masters' death coming. I kinda of like them as a group more than the actual team haha

The megazord fight was good. Though it bothers me the other three didn't pilot 3 Knights. Why does we need more than one Ryusoulger, again?

All in all, aside from the ugly color scheme and overdone dinosaur motif, it was a solid premiere.

timefan1986 wrote: View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTmFsF4eRDY
The episode is legally on YouTube on Bandai channel.
If you have a VPN, enjoy
Hey, that's cool. Hopefully, they do it for the others.

Though it's about time for Toei to learn region-locks only help piracy. Just do what Tsubaraya did with Ultraman Geed and aknowledge people from other countries want to watch and support the franchise too!
Spider-Phoenix is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 04:48 AM #35
> Trey-El
Red Scorpion Ranger

Trey-El
Red Scorpion Ranger

Just watched the RAW
I'm in love with the team transformation at the end. The Mechs and RyuSouls dancing is great. The action was well choreographed and the sound design is great. I love how during the masters' deaths, there wasn't any music and it helped solidify how serious the situation was. Speaking of serious, Tankjou already seems like he is no one to be messed with, easily taking down both Kou and Master Red with ease. Hell, even when Kou got his slight anime power boost, it still looked like there was barely if at all any effect on Tankjou.

Creon hasn't gotten an impression from me yet, since (s)he was mostly laying back while Tankjou handled things. I can see her being like Hermes in God of War 3: annoying to our heroes, but not very threatening in a fight. As for the mech. IT MOVES AND IT'S GREAT . As for the Masters, Ui, her dad, and the Elder; nothing to note yet, but I have a feeling I'm going to like Ui.

The only gripe I have is the pace. Not that I would call it rushed per say, but some parts did seem a bit too quick. Also, I feel like Three Knights could have been held off and just let KishiRyuOh be on it's own this week, but eh, whatcha gonna do?

Overall, I enjoyed this episode very much, not without a few flaws, but still pretty good. 4.5/5. Let's see if they can keep it up!
Trey-El is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 04:58 AM #36
> gantarat
Power Ranger

gantarat
Power Ranger

EndouKouichirou wrote: View Post

Kogure actually felt more like he fit the mandatory mentor role, whereas this mysterious guy may turn out to be either Bud from Zyuoh or that ice guy from LuPat (I s2g I already forgot his name).

His name is Zamigo. not surprise why people forget him since he barely appear in the show despite that he show up on OP.

about kogure.
before EP.35 People have many theory about him that could be Dogranio,Zamigo (or work with him) or even Arsene since they make him suspicious a lot.
gantarat is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 06:01 AM #37
> Timeline15
Power Ranger

Timeline15
Power Ranger

Wow, that episode was something.

First off, it was a real assault on the senses. IDK why, but it felt like it was constantly at breakneck pace. Hopefully there's more room to breath next week.

The fact that the director worked on Build/Ex-Aid really shows. Some artsier directing than I would expect from Sentai in this episode, pretty cool.

And my GOD the special effects. I really like the real-time transformation. The stock one isn't great, but it'll do, and the backgrounds for the rollcall are phenomenal. The effects for the giant monster were stupendous too. I know Sentai tends to go all out for its first episodes, so it probably won't look this good later, but man was this episode pretty.

The giant fight was well directed, and the mecha can really move, but WHY was Kishiryuoh in this episode? What's the point of giving Tyramigo his own robot mode if you let red pilot the gattai on his own? Doesn't bode well for the red-worshipping.

The deaths of masters Blue and Pink were shocking. Not plot wise; I saw it coming a mile away. Just in how... violent they were. Like, they were frigging atomised.

I loved the score of the episode. All very celtic and knight-ish.

The characters, idk yet. Kou seems like a clown, but obviously he sobered up when his master died. Can't get a read on the other two yet.

Pretty good first ep overall. Very rushed, but certainly exciting.
Timeline15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 06:03 AM #38
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

gantarat wrote: View Post

His name is Zamigo. not surprise why people forget him since he barely appear in the show despite that he show up on OP.

about kogure.
before EP.35 People have many theory about him that could be Dogranio,Zamigo (or work with him) or even Arsene since they make him suspicious a lot.
That is so truth, even with is few apperances during the show, he always there in the Opening, because Zamigo is like show up and them gone, later for t he Final Plot always there...

Even in Raw !!!

The Opening scene with the Masters like a Passing the Tourch, and well the Opening credits really enjoyed a lot.

The Druidon dont mess around, seems to me they were looking of the Tyramigo when he was sleep, and the all Red Ranger be in the Mecha cockpit was crazy, seems the Inside of the Rocks were the Mecha in Formation...

The Henshin,Roll Call lefts for the Finale seems much dferent from the Previous Sentais, since the Director from this Sentai had been in Ex-Aid/Build, seems he going to see a Super Sentai take in diferent direction, is basic bring the 80 Sentais, to a New Sentai Age...

The Question will be this year Ryusoulger will be the Last Super Sentai, I suppose this is going to be a interesthingyear for Super Sentai and Power Rangers too...,since we had a Dino Sentai and a adaptation of Go-Busters/Beast Morphers !!! Since I plan to make re-watching the Zyuranger/Abaranger and Kyuoryuger !!!

Last edited by Akumaru; March 17th, 2019 at 09:23 AM.
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 09:18 AM #39
> kyuparanger
Power Ranger

kyuparanger
Power Ranger

Back from my long break from toku and I have to say that this series story is definitely more inspired by 90s sentai like Dairanger and Gingaman than Kyoryuger. While they visuals and cadence of the sets, VFX, and soundtrack remind me heavily of Kyoryuger and Zyuranger.
kyuparanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 09:26 AM #40
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Subs are out, not from O-T but a new fansub group:

https://twitter.com/RiderTimeFansub/...94007078080512

(If someone can please re-upload the script not in Mega, stupid bandwitch or whatever it's called, I would appreciate it, per PM please).
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote