Home Menu

Menu

Old February 8th, 2019, 11:47 AM #61
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

Red Dino Ranger wrote: View Post

The morpher looks really nice and I'm THRILLED to see that the basic figures will have good articulation in the legs, which Hasbro is skimping on in most of their kiddie lines. I really like the sculpts and the paint is more than decent.
Most of their kiddie lines are licensed properties though, right? I'm thinking of Star Wars and Marvel.

PR is now an in-house property, so they don't have to pay a licensing fee. That little extra bit of budget can then conceivably go towards the quality of the figures themselves.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 11:48 AM #62
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Go-OnGold83 wrote: View Post

wait does the visor pop up on the morpher like the morphin brace?
It looks like it does.

Im also interesting in that red button on the Morpher... possible connector point for the Powered Custom?

And the figures look great! I know people had reservations about them, but I just had a feeling theyd change up the basic figures. Bandai made such a staple with them over the years that Hasbro would have been crazy to not go that route.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 11:57 AM #63
> MMPhillyR
Power Ranger

MMPhillyR
Power Ranger

WOW these figures look very impressive! I am pleasantly surprised. I even love that the Morphers on the basic figures are actually painted. We can't even say that for some of the legacy figures.
MMPhillyR is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 11:57 AM #64
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Wow. Those are actually pretty decent-looking for basic figures! And they don't look like Rob Liefeld designed them!

The morpher isn't what I would've wanted but it still looks solid enough and the voice activation feature sounds interesting assuming it's actual speech recognition instead of "responds to any kind of sound."

Each figure comes with a key for the morpher, too, which is neat. The Tronic one is probably just going to be "fighting off Tronic soldier" sound effects but I hope the Blaze one emulates his transformation. Shame it looks like his leg articulation is lesser than the three main Rangers. This is the first-ever official toy representation of that suit, though, huh?
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:04 PM #65
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Just in case, Screen Rant includes a pic of the DLX Megazord.

But they call it the "Playskool Heroes" Combined Beast-X Megazord. So either there's going to be different versions of the Megazords coming out or Playskool is going to be the brand they release the Zords under.
The Real Torhu is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:13 PM #66
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

The Real Torhu wrote: View Post

But they call it the "Playskool Heroes" Combined Beast-X Megazord. So either there's going to be different versions of the Megazords coming out or Playskool is going to be the brand they release the Zords under.
Pretty sure the wording is referring to the Wildforce Zord at the bottom and the Hasbro employee giving this information to the websites is dropping the ball. They accidentally showed the Ultrazord on the previous site and had it removed.
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:17 PM #67
> iToshi
Bitter and jaded on life

iToshi
Bitter and jaded on life

i love the figures but i dunno about that shade of yellow, could just be the photo and it'll be actual yellow-yellow on release
iToshi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:30 PM #68
> Seerauber Jenny
Some pink robot

Seerauber Jenny
Some pink robot

Well crud. Those actually look pretty decent. I might be forced to walk back some of my criticism of Hasbro over the past year. They may not be able to make a decent main line for Star Wars...but their Power Rangers look solid.
Seerauber Jenny is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:32 PM #69
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

That DX megazord looked pretty good. I can't wait to see the individual zords shown off to see what each of their transformations look like
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:33 PM #70
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

Pretty sure the wording is referring to the Wildforce Zord at the bottom and the Hasbro employee giving this information to the websites is dropping the ball. They accidentally showed the Ultrazord on the previous site and had it removed.
Okay yeah, here's the one that has both the "Deluxe" and the "Basic" versions.

Looks more Hasbro-y than Bandai-y. Like, they took the molds and hollowed them out where able to get everything in as opposed to completely redoing it with the Zord Builder parts. (RIP Zord Builder?)
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:36 PM #71
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

The Real Torhu wrote: View Post

Just in case, Screen Rant includes a pic of the DLX Megazord.
https://static0.srcdn.com/wordpress/...X-MEGAZORD.jpg

I like the way it looks combined but not gonna lie, I wish they found a way to give it some extra articulation when combined. I don't know where they would slip knees in, but....yeah some knees
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:39 PM #72
> commander17
BandoraPalace on IG

commander17
BandoraPalace on IG

The figures look absolutely amazing. A decent amount of articulation for this price point and the proportions are so much more...human...than what we've seen in the past. I'll be buying them all for sure. Seeing these basic line figures also gets me even more excited for the Lightning Collection.

I hope eventually over the years all the old teams get released, and of course I hope for more villains.
commander17 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:49 PM #73
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

We (RangerBoard) also received the press info & images for the Ultrazord and Playskool set, so I can shed some light on the confusion.

Regarding the DX Ultrazord images, the one below was included in the press kit for the Wild Force Megazord Playskool set. The Playskool press kit also includes an image of a one-piece standard Megazord figure, so that's where all the confusion comes from.
Also, the file name for the DX Ultrazord image below includes the item numbers for three items - "E5920, E5922, E5923 COMBINED BEAST-X_MEGAZORD". So yes, that's the combined DX toys, I assume those three items are the Red, Blue and Yellow Zords.

Here's a hi-res photo of the one-piece Beast-X Ultrazord figure. I think it actually looks pretty nice.

As I said before, there's also this photo included in the Playskool press kit. At first I thought it was the Ultrazord figure above with removable parts, but it's actually different entirely. It's also one-piece but has totally different molding. Judging by the style, I'd guess that this is Playskool.

And here are hi-res images of the Playskool Wild Force Megazord Playset:

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; February 8th, 2019 at 01:09 PM.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:55 PM #74
> Vagabond Ranger
Boost up!

Vagabond Ranger
Boost up!

A Dark Buster figure is all I ever wanted for years and now one finally exists and looks decent... I'm so freaking happy.

I'm also happy to see Wild Force getting love even if Playskool's not for me.
Vagabond Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:59 PM #75
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Christ. If the pictures of that Wildforce Zord was a person I could see every pore. I'm not sure I need a picture that hi-res.
Old February 8th, 2019, 01:00 PM #76
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

Honestly I wasn't impressed with the figures for the rangers. I was like "I don't see the big deal, they just look like normal bodies from the show"

.....oh wait.
The female body looks female without exaggerated features. Everyone has some muscle on them but no more then what the actors show on screen. They look off a little just because the bodies aren't extreme which allows us to notice they are wearing colorful costumes.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 01:01 PM #77
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

I guess WF makes sense when you think about it. Ya know due to both seasons having an animal theme. Though JF would've made more sense.
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 01:02 PM #78
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Morgan Lamia wrote: View Post

Also, the file name for the DX Ultrazord image below includes the item numbers for three items - "E5920, E5922, E5923 COMBINED BEAST-X_MEGAZORD". So yes, that's the combined DX toys, I assume those three items are the Red, Blue and Yellow Zords.
Okay, so the Playskool Megazords are something different from *the* Deluxe Zords?

Or are the Playskool sets one thing (that also combine) and Hasbro is keeping quiet on the true Deluxe Megazord front?
Old February 8th, 2019, 01:03 PM #79
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Wildforce is a perfect choice for pre-schoolers. Fits the "teach kids about animals" niche and grown-up PR fans who want their kids to learn about the other seasons they grew up with will want to buy it.

TheRealTorhu wrote:
Or are the Playskool sets one thing (that also combine) and Hasbro is keeping quiet on the true Deluxe Megazord front?
The Wildforces toy are the only Playskool thing we've been shown. The others were a DX toy and a simplified Zord toy that has sound effects. And the Wildforce Zord doesn't combine. It just transforms.
Old February 8th, 2019, 01:11 PM #80
> Ranger923
Henshin Hero At Heart

Ranger923
Henshin Hero At Heart

scarletcrawler wrote: View Post

Basic figures revealed! Quite cartoony but not too bad.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtoUhvDg...d=efioi2vy9y0e
Cartoony? These are pretty show accurate IMO! Maybe too used to the muscular figures put out by BoA? lol
Ranger923 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.