Home Menu

Menu

Old January 17th, 2019, 03:06 PM #81
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

I saw something else that caught my eye, that worries me. On the pre-order page, it specifically says "Season One Pass" for the deluxe edition.. Are they seriously going to be releasing muliple season passes, with presumably the same amount of characters and skins each time, for $20? If so, am I really the only one that sees a problem with this? Especially if the roster for the base game is likely 15 characters, like their website shows.
GalaxyRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:15 PM #82
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

I saw something else that caught my eye, that worries me. On the pre-order page, it specifically says "Season One Pass" for the deluxe edition.. Are they seriously going to be releasing muliple season passes, with presumably the same amount of characters and skins each time, for $20? If so, am I really the only one that sees a problem with this? Especially if the roster for the base game is likely 15 characters, like their website shows.
Yupp multiple season passes are a thing. Destiny and battlefront for example. Both got highly questioned, but managed to still get the money in

I think there will either be more than 15 released in the base game and its just a simple placeholder, or they plan on driving out a decent amount of free characters whether it be via event rankings etc.... but its nWay and of course theyre gonna milk the cash cow as i said earlier. Dlc package sizes will probably vary aswell as selling characters individually

I commend your passion and drive though in questioning the irrational set up that seems to be shown so far. You’ve honestly been my favourite part to this thread.
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:19 PM #83
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

toejammer wrote: View Post

Yupp multiple season passes are a thing. Destiny and battlefront for example. Both got highly questioned, but managed to still get the money in

I think there will either be more than 15 released in the base game and its just a simple placeholder, or they plan on driving out a decent amount of free characters whether it be via event rankings etc.... but its nWay and of course theyre gonna milk the cash cow as i said earlier. Dlc package sizes will probably vary aswell as selling characters individually

I commend your passion and drive though in questioning the irrational set up that seems to be shown so far. You’ve honestly been my favourite part to this thread.
I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not, but I'll give you a like for it anyway. It's mostly because, I just kind of see a bit of fishy bullshit going on at the moment with this game currently. Maybe things will be different once they reveal more for the game, but as it stands right now, I feel like it's just being released to rip off us fans.
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:38 PM #84
> cassius335
3-3-5. Masquerade!

cassius335
3-3-5. Masquerade!

Noticed PC doesn't get the game until Summer 2019, so I don't feel too bad about holding off on pre-order for a couple of weeks. Still probably will, though.

15 characters does seem a bit low for a base roster, so hopefully there's a few more. Also hoping the Season 1 Pass isn't the Beast Morphers trio, as they should definitely be base roster.... (2017 Rangers could maybe be skins, though that seems a tad weird)

Alien of Aquatar wrote: View Post

any word on if this game has zords or not? Tommy Was playing the dragon flute in the preview and the dragonzord song can be heard when they mention the green V2 skin.
Until we're told otherwise, I'm going to assume Megazords are a Next Year thing.
cassius335 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:41 PM #85
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

cassius335 wrote: View Post

(2017 Rangers could maybe be skins, though that seems a tad weird)
Especially when the 2017 Rangers was actually the main characters initially in Legacy Wars, before more was added. Well, the classic Rangers were there, but the game's story was centered on them. Even though it didn't have much of one.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:43 PM #86
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not, but I'll give you a like for it anyway. It's mostly because, I just kind of see a bit of fishy bullshit going on at the moment with this game currently. Maybe things will be different once they reveal more for the game, but as it stands right now, I feel like it's just being released to rip off us fans.
Oh its a compliment. You remind me of me when i caught onto nWays nonsense around the third or four month after legacy wars released.

Hopefully this game can do a job of leading us into a future power rangers game with mechanics and stuff majority of the fan base actually want
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:44 PM #87
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Oh its a compliment. You remind me of me when i caught onto nWays nonsense around the third or four month after legacy wars released.

Hopefully this game can do a job of leading us into a future power rangers game with mechanics and stuff majority of the fan base actually want
I hope so, but since it's still nWay, I kind of have my doubts. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but like I said, it's not looking good to me so far.
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:55 PM #88
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

I hope so, but since it's still nWay, I kind of have my doubts. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but like I said, it's not looking good to me so far.
Yyyyeah the more I actually hear about this the less optimistic I am. Half of the roster is going to be versions of the MMPR rangers, then Rita is basically guaranteed to be playable too. The rest will be an eclectic mix, and then more will be added as probably paid DLC.

Not to mention that we're probably going to get the gameplay of the mobile game.

Big oof.
Harpsikord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:07 PM #89
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

So on twitter the battle4thegrid page said

We seen a lot of comments on whether or not @Battle4TheGrid is a port from @PRLegacyWars . Truth be told, this game will feature a completely brand new battle mechanic, including different movesets from each character that we plan on adding to our game. Stay tuned for more news!
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:15 PM #90
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Oh thank the Dark Lord.
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:17 PM #91
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

So why does it looks exactly like it, even in the graphics department? Not that I don't believe it, but it does sound like it's just talk to appease fans that are complaining. I could be wrong. Still doesn't help that the character roster is smaller.
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:20 PM #92
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

So why does it looks exactly like it, even in the graphics department?
There were obviously going to be changes from mobile to console/pc. The game is aiming to use a controller to play it. Which is gonna mean overhauls. It still a port though and they need to really realize this. They're making the changes behind the scenes that need to be made. I'm sure they will even have higher res model textures but it still a port.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:20 PM #93
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

So why does it looks exactly like it, even in the graphics department?
Just because it's not a straight rip doesn't mean they didn't still copypasta the graphics engine.

Like you said, fishy bullshit.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:27 PM #94
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Way to not answer the question. Now that I'm home and able to read more about all this... the more this sounds like a cheap cash grab.

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid showcases stunning graphics
It's not stunning, America.

THIS is what you consider "stunning"? Look at Gia's belt warped to shit on a PROMO photo.

>Featuring a streamlined combat system, the game welcomes newcomers to the genre with simplified controls,
>easy to learn but hard to master fighting game
>Gone are overly complicated command inputs or long patterns. In this easy to learn but hard to master game, the depth is knowing when to strike, not how

If I wanted the mobile game, I would play the mobile game. This sounds like trash.

Last edited by Xenotome; January 17th, 2019 at 04:34 PM.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:30 PM #95
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Now that I'm home and able to read more about all this... the more this sounds like a cheap cash grab.
Welcome to every Power Rangers game since 1996.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:35 PM #96
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

Welcome to every Power Rangers game since 1996.
Completely true. I just wish that wasn't the case, but then again, they think that their fans will buy anything that has the brand on it. I personally don't want this game. I'd have considered it if they actually were forthcoming with what we're getting, but they even have to spin people complaining about the game being a port by dancing around the subject. Plus, the shady pricing of those season passes (there's only one there, but it does say "Season One"), which presumably will only have 3 characters at a time, and the low character roster that the website has for the base game (which could possibly be a placeholder, but who knows), just makes me skeptical.
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:36 PM #97
> Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

can this game only be preordered from the official site? i tried looking for it on the switch e-shop but it didn't show up.
Alien of Aquatar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:40 PM #98
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Alien of Aquatar wrote: View Post

can this game only be preordered from the official site? i tried looking for it on the switch e-shop but it didn't show up.
It's not actually available to pre-order anywhere. The pre-order page on the site is for you to give them your email, and they'll tell you when pre-orders are available.
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:41 PM #99
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Playing devil's advocate, being an easy to play, hard to master fighting game isn't inherently a bad thing. That's what Soul Calibur 6 is defined as.
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:42 PM #100
> Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

It's not actually available to pre-order anywhere. The pre-order page on the site is for you to give them your email, and they'll tell you when pre-orders are available.
That makes more sense.
Alien of Aquatar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
hasbaro, holding block - the game, legacy, lionsgate, nway, wars