Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2018, 05:42 PM #81
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,891
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,891



The biggest problem with the Power Cannon is it's one of the few Dairanger weapons they got outside the Zords. Obviously it's nice they threw it in but it isn't like something they could just rely on stock footage for.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2018, 06:17 PM #82
PineapplePizza's Avatar
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,025
PineapplePizza
Power Ranger
PineapplePizza's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,025



They clearly had the prop so it’s not like they needed the stock footage...
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2018, 07:41 PM #83
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,622
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,622



Ataruman wrote: View Post

The biggest problem with the Power Cannon is it's one of the few Dairanger weapons they got outside the Zords. Obviously it's nice they threw it in but it isn't like something they could just rely on stock footage for.
They could have filmed a stock footage scene though, like they do with all of their other american footage.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2018, 11:56 PM #84
kibapower's Avatar
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,328
kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!
kibapower's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,328



mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

They could have filmed a stock footage scene though, like they do with all of their other american footage.
That reminds me, was the Jungle Blaster the first time they did originally SHOT weapon sequences? Primarily they're done stateside for Battlizers and vehicles, but never weapon formations
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2018, 06:26 PM #85
JNTA1234's Avatar
> JNTA1234
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,047
JNTA1234
Power Ranger
JNTA1234's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,047



I've been rewatching In Space, I was gonna stop by like 5 or 10 episodes but I got carried away and watched twenty two episodes. lol

The last episode I watched about Zhane's limited morphing had two things of note. Zhane said "they think I'm dying" like two times, they actually used a variation of the word "death". Andros was eerily calm and rational about Zhane supposedly dying, which is a little odd because the last two episodes have shown him to not handle strong emotions very well.

One fairly common criticism of In Space is that the filler stuff feels jarring with the plot heavy episodes, and after watching how RPM just mostly flows, it's hard not to see that point.

The first 10 or so are bit wonky. It's not bad and there's quite a few gems (Waspicable) but it's standard lighthearted Power Rangers but then Darkonda shows up and gets the ball rolling and the writers decide "Okay this is a space epic, to hell with thr school stuff and civilian stuff".

Then the filler episodes we do get feel a bit more....heavy, like oh my God one of the rangers has amnesia or oh crap, Astronema infiltrated the Megaship disguised as a ranger.

Much like season three with Kimberly and Rita/Zedd's crew, only one ranger (Andros) and the villains are REALLY shine this season but the remaining rangers are still cool.

Actually I think someone in the writing room really liked Cassie, she keeps getting moments that are usually given to red or sixth rangers, like when she had to fight a monster on her own and got it sucked out the bay doors. She's like Vida, she gets inserted into a lot of scenes in episodes that aren't even about her, not that I'm complaining.

Ashley's thing with Andros is nice, it's awesome to have a love interest plot that doesn't involve Tommy. TJ's still cool and I can't wait for his baddassery in Five of a Kind. Carlos is probably the one ranger some people might like better than in Turbo, we all know the upcoming episode I'm talking about. Zhane is a lot cooler than I remember. He's fun, it's a shame his presence is gonna be minimal, a typical sixth ranger thing.

Anyway, back to the awesomeness.

Oh and the TMNT crossover was okay....it was just a thing that happened. And it was cool to check up on Justin again.

Last edited by JNTA1234; December 17th, 2018 at 12:37 PM.
JNTA1234 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 11:39 AM #86
Digifiend's Avatar
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,128
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
Digifiend's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,128



Judge Joker wrote: View Post

Tommy likely still had his Zeo crystal, so maybe he was already ‘enhanced’ by that.
This is actually a major plothole. He got captured (and that's how he obtained his Dino Gem)... but if he had his Zeo Powers still, as implied by the fact he used it in Forever Red, why didn't he morph? Dino Thunder really should've shown the Zeo power's destruction (in the prologue in the first episode, perhaps). It would've later been restored along with the MMPR powers in time for Legendary Battle, so that and Dimensions in Danger wouldn't be affected.
Digifiend is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 12:46 PM #87
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,891
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,891



Sometimes I feel like the only person who genuinely liked "Shell Shocked". It may have been the Next Mutation TMNT, but it's still the TMNT and it is hilarious seeing these two franchises interact.

So..."Forever Red"...better than I remembered but still obviously rushed. They literally just start planning to just being right in the lair with Venjix and his minions; oh and here comes Leo and Aurico...though I actually liked Aurico here, even if not the original VA; plus the Carter/Andros team-up was epic with the gun attack. Biggest nitpick: Jason isn't the type to just call Cole "rookie"; he was way nicer than other Reds and should have been more laid back.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 02:15 PM #88
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,484
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,484



Ataruman wrote: View Post

Sometimes I feel like the only person who genuinely liked "Shell Shocked". It may have been the Next Mutation TMNT, but it's still the TMNT and it is hilarious seeing these two franchises interact.
It was a moment in time no one ever thought would happen and far too many fanboys let their fanboy fanboy all over it instead of just appreciating it for what it is.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 03:17 PM #89
tremor3258's Avatar
> tremor3258
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 431
tremor3258
Power Ranger
tremor3258's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 431



Ataruman wrote: View Post

Sometimes I feel like the only person who genuinely liked "Shell Shocked". It may have been the Next Mutation TMNT, but it's still the TMNT and it is hilarious seeing these two franchises interact.
I don't like both sides claiming the other isn't real - but I think the bigger problem is the Turtles are easily brainwashed and don't free themselves through their efforts or the Rangers', good wins basically through sheer happenstance.

Andros at least was paying attention, the Evilyzer has some dialog that indicates Alpha and him are basically trying the same 'turn to good' effect the nebula had on the Turtles on the Delta Megazord.
tremor3258 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 04:15 PM #90
PineapplePizza's Avatar
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,025
PineapplePizza
Power Ranger
PineapplePizza's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,025



Shell Shocked was great fun. Haters could hate all they want.

Can anyone point to what was actually bad about the episode aside from “ugh they’re using The Next Mutation version?”
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 04:17 PM #91
AkaGreen's Avatar
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,863
AkaGreen
JusticeForK
AkaGreen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,863



PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

Can anyone point to what was actually bad about the episode aside from “ugh they’re using The Next Mutation version?”
It wasn't an hour long special.
AkaGreen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old December 17th, 2018, 04:20 PM #92
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,484
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,484



tremor3258 wrote: View Post

I don't like both sides claiming the other isn't real
But it makes a lot of sense. If you're a street-level hero (this iteration apparently being the further adventures of the movie turtles, who never dealt with Krang or the Technodrome or Dimension X), what reason would you have to believe in magic lycra-wearing superheroes piloting giant robots on the opposite side of the country?
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 05:01 PM #93
Crafty919's Avatar
> Crafty919
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 44
Crafty919
Power Ranger
Crafty919's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 44



Was never really a fan of Zeo. Thought the series was dull outside of a few arcs like the Gold rangers story/Jason’s return for example. I loved their toys but the show itself didn’t keep my attention. Lost galaxy is a series I love revisiting for some reason.
Crafty919 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 05:07 PM #94
PineapplePizza's Avatar
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,025
PineapplePizza
Power Ranger
PineapplePizza's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,025



The “people don’t believe Rangers are real” is of course beyond stupid when the Mighty Morphin team got regular news coverage and appeared on a “popular talk show” and the In Space team saved the earth. Not to mention Mariner Bay having its own tax payer funded Ranger team.

But that isn’t exclusive to the Ninja Turtles team up. I think that was just the first instance of it happening and it got really bad in the Post-Wild Force years

Also remember when the monster Shellshock knew who the Ninja Turtles were despite only having been born an hour ago?

And if the pilot counts for anything Zack was aware of the Ninja Turtles albeit the line sounded more like he was making a reference to cartoon characters and not acknowledging the heroes in a half shell as actual living beings





Crafty919 wrote: View Post

Was never really a fan of Zeo. Thought the series was dull outside of a few arcs like the Gold rangers story/Jason’s return for example. I loved their toys but the show itself didn’t keep my attention.
.
I had the exact opposite opinion. I liked Zeo but dislike the Gold Ranger arc as well as its other arcs like the arrow head arc. Zeo just handled its standalone episodes a lot better. Imho
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old December 17th, 2018, 06:14 PM #95
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,622
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,622



On Zeo, Jason as Gold ranger is the most overrated thing. He got knocked around alot as Zeo Gold and mostly just took on foot soldiers.

His Red Ranger past shielded him of those critiques imo.

The storyline of him coming back was awesome but otherwise he was meh in zeo.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 08:25 PM #96
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,891
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,891



Zeo probably was best when it let the characters be characters and avoided the heavier stuff. The stuff I remember are usually the one-shots that sort of just went really out there (Definitely, "It Came From Angel Grove", certain parts of "Attack of the Ranger Snatchers" due to the absurd 50s movie vibe; and the "so bad its good" elements behind "Another Song and Dance" or the pie fight from "Song Sung Yellow") or the multi-parters that weren't that Tommy obsessed. (definitely "King For a Day", and also the brief initial "Billy goes to Aquitar" arc, mainly due to "Graduation Blues" being the more appropriate finale to his character without the mess that it de-evolved into by "Rangers of Two Worlds" and the vastly underrated "Mr. Billy's Wild Ride")

On the other hand, the Tommy stuff like "There's No Business Like Snow Business" and the Arrowhead arc were the season at it's worst; and the Gold Ranger arc wanted to recapture the magic of the original "Green With Evil" arc but fails to do even that despite some interesting ideas like the tiny Ranger battle. The show at least did try at this point...though there were other issues that wouldn't rear themselves for a while longer until early Turbo.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old December 17th, 2018, 09:56 PM #97
Lordoftherangers's Avatar
> Lordoftherangers
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,971
Lordoftherangers
Power Ranger
Lordoftherangers's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,971



You know what I find interesting about Tommy? He's been a ranger since he was 14 years old and has been active since then. He's soon to be 40 now....he might not even remember what his life was like before being a ranger. You know how we as a fandom are always like "oh Tommy has no actual personality." Maybe that's because outside of being a ranger he doesn't even know who he really is. Its been that long that he's completely forgotten what being a normal person is like.
Lordoftherangers is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 10:29 PM #98
Harpsikord's Avatar
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,361
Harpsikord
Prince of Evil
Harpsikord's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,361



Lordoftherangers wrote: View Post

You know what I find interesting about Tommy? He's been a ranger since he was 14 years old and has been active since then. He's soon to be 40 now....he might not even remember what his life was like before being a ranger. You know how we as a fandom are always like "oh Tommy has no actual personality." Maybe that's because outside of being a ranger he doesn't even know who he really is. Its been that long that he's completely forgotten what being a normal person is like.
You've put more thought into this in probably like five seconds than any Power Rangers writer has since 1993.
Harpsikord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 10:32 PM #99
> AkaCornSnackEtc
14 Days :(
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,192
AkaCornSnackEtc
14 Days :(
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,192



Lordoftherangers wrote: View Post

You know what I find interesting about Tommy? He's been a ranger since he was 14 years old and has been active since then. He's soon to be 40 now....he might not even remember what his life was like before being a ranger. You know how we as a fandom are always like "oh Tommy has no actual personality." Maybe that's because outside of being a ranger he doesn't even know who he really is. Its been that long that he's completely forgotten what being a normal person is like.
I'm sorry, but I have to ask.

In what universe was Tommy 14 when he became a Ranger?
AkaCornSnackEtc is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 10:35 PM #100
Harpsikord's Avatar
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,361
Harpsikord
Prince of Evil
Harpsikord's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,361



AkaDarthGreen wrote: View Post

I'm sorry, but I have to ask.

In what universe was Tommy 14 when he became a Ranger?
The one where the show exists, and the Rangers were Freshmen when they became Power Rangers.
Harpsikord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
dumps like a truck, thong talk, trending thrax thong

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.