Home Menu

Menu

Old December 14th, 2018, 07:34 AM #61
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Is the Morphin Grid still a thing these days? I could see it granting every Ranger things like enhanced reflexes or hand-eye co-ordination that would make you into a better fighter. Most teams train to hone their skills, but the Grid would give a Ranger just that little physical-mental edge that makes them better than an ordinary martial artist, even an expert one.
Merlin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 08:03 AM #62
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Lordoftherangers wrote: View Post

Well that was fully explained in Jungle Fury. When you morph the knowledge on how to fight, pilot a zord etc becomes part of your biology. Billy and Trini even comment on this in the first episode when they said "I can't believe I know how to drive this thing its almost like it's second nature to me"
But why didnt that apply to Kat? She was acting confused as hell her first few times morphing, which makes it a bit more realistic but like you said in previous episodes the “knowledge” is part of morphing.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 08:08 AM #63
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Regarding Trini, I think if you ignore the ethnicity element she's the most social savvy and/or motherly. Early episodes like "Teamwork" and "Clean-Up Club" definitely made her out as the one who wanted to do the most environmental work and she tended to be the ones who ended up looking after kids more than the others. (thinking stuff like "Big Sisters" or "No Clowning Around") Oh and of course the "technobabble translator" for Billy back when they tried to overdo the nerd thing for him.

I do sort of find funny though that for the most part the entire "initial Saban period" (MMPR-Wild Force) tended to define the Yellows the best and there isn't a bad one among any of them...the closest is Maya but that's mostly due to how she's sort of the "outsider" being the Mirinoian.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old December 14th, 2018, 08:09 AM #64
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

But why didnt that apply to Kat? She was acting confused as hell her first few times morphing, which makes it a bit more realistic but like you said in previous episodes the “knowledge” is part of morphing.
It says something that the Dino Gems turned three teen nobodies into fighters skilled enough to keep up with three trained ninja in the crossover. Then you have someone like Tommy, an expert martial artist who also got a Gem. Would he get enhanced skills on top of his experience or would it just level out?
Merlin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 08:15 AM #65
> Judge Joker
#PureEvilBaby

Judge Joker
#PureEvilBaby

Merlin wrote: View Post

It says something that the Dino Gems turned three teen nobodies into fighters skilled enough to keep up with three trained ninja in the crossover. Then you have someone like Tommy, an expert martial artist who also got a Gem. Would he get enhanced skills on top of his experience or would it just level out?
Tommy likely still had his Zeo crystal, so maybe he was already ‘enhanced’ by that.
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 08:18 AM #66
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Ataruman wrote: View Post

Regarding Trini, I think if you ignore the ethnicity element she's the most social savvy and/or motherly. Early episodes like "Teamwork" and "Clean-Up Club" definitely made her out as the one who wanted to do the most environmental work and she tended to be the ones who ended up looking after kids more than the others. (thinking stuff like "Big Sisters" or "No Clowning Around") Oh and of course the "technobabble translator" for Billy back when they tried to overdo the nerd thing for him.
Trini’s environmentalist thing would come off more prominent if they weren’t all super into it. It’s odd to describe Trini as the eco friendly one when that was all their thing she just maybe got slightly more focus on it at times.

I do sort of find funny though that for the most part the entire "initial Saban period" (MMPR-Wild Force) tended to define the Yellows the best and there isn't a bad one among any of them...the closest is Maya but that's mostly due to how she's sort of the "outsider" being the Mirinoian.
Ashley is pretty vanilla. Maya is pretty poorly used. Trini might be the weakest defined character of the original five. Aisha is slightly better handled than Rocky and Adam but not by much
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 08:28 AM #67
> JNTA1234
Power Ranger

JNTA1234
Power Ranger

A lot of people call MMPR Saved by the Bell but with superheroes (though the MMPR characters are sursprisingly way less annoying, at least imo) and Trini was essentially like Jessie Spano. You know those preppy girls in school who excel at sports, academics and pretty much everything. This even translated into her wardrobe with the suspenders, plaid skirts and sweater vests. Like I said, it's pretty easy to do unmorphed cosplays of the OG team and that's even true for Trini. In Green Dream, she wears one of the most "90s preppy chic" outfits I've ever seen, even Boom Studios seem to take this into account with her intial character design.
JNTA1234 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old December 14th, 2018, 12:50 PM #68
> red-thunder
Power Ranger

red-thunder
Power Ranger

How much later did the actors record ADR for the show? Because we started to hear the fake Jason, Zack and Trini voices before the actors ever left the show.
red-thunder is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 01:48 PM #69
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

JNTA1234 wrote: View Post

A lot of people call MMPR Saved by the Bell but with superheroes (though the MMPR characters are sursprisingly way less annoying, at least imo)
Because the non-action scenes of Power Rangers was basically a saccharine sitcom set in high school and aimed at young kids just like Saved by Bell.

I agree the Rangers were way less annoying though

and Trini was essentially like Jessie Spano.
Eh, not really? Jessie Spano’s entire schtick was feminist as understood by 50 year old white men. She’s not really like Trini in any way. They were both into activism but Trini’s was at least earnest. Saved by the Bell clearly wanted us to be annoyed by Jessie’s activism unless Zach (the worst character in 90s sitcom history) agreed with it

MMPR at least made us like these kids (most of the time) I have no idea how anyone could put up with the Saved by the Bell kids

Now someone write a Power Rangers fanfic where Trini gets hooked on G-rated drugs and Jason has to help her
Old December 14th, 2018, 05:02 PM #70
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Ataruman wrote: View Post

Zack specifically practices "hip-hop akido"
Hapkido. The joke is literally Hip-Hapkido and nobody ever gets it.

red-thunder wrote: View Post

How much later did the actors record ADR for the show? Because we started to hear the fake Jason, Zack and Trini voices before the actors ever left the show.
Multiple episodes of the show were filmed at one time, so a pod had to be completed before ADR can be recorded. Austin, Thuy and Walter walked before that point, so morphed scenes back through to Venus Island and fight scenes all the way back to White Light were done without them.

Even to this day, practically half the season is in the can before the actors go in for dubbing.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 05:55 PM #71
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

It always seemed weird to me that they couldn't reuse fight sounds from ASJ, Walter Jones, and Thuy Trang for the fights after they left.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 05:59 PM #72
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

It always seemed weird to me that they couldn't reuse fight sounds from ASJ, Walter Jones, and Thuy Trang for the fights after they left.
They did, some of the time.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 06:00 PM #73
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Probably some kinda deal where it'd still be using "them", even if just bit voice over stuff, so they'd have to pay them or something, I don't know. Probably just something like that, even if they weren't using them to make new sounds, they were still using them. Like royalties or something.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 06:15 PM #74
> Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

I think the American props for the original Power Weapons were super fragile. Once the Zyuranger footage burned out, we barely saw them in season 2, and season 3 focused on the Ninja Powers, except for Saba on occassion.

Ironically, the MMPR Power Weapons got more focus during Zeo than the Zeo Power Weapons as a whole (since they were a display proper alongside the MMPR suits in the Power Chamber).

The Turbo movie gave the weapons and zords more creative names, and Andros whipped out the Spiral Saber quite often. It really wasn't until Lost Galaxy with the Quasar Sabers and Transdaggers that weapons got more of a focus.
Windgrail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 06:28 PM #75
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

They did, some of the time.
Whenever did they? The closest thing to that I know about was they took Jason's "aiyaa!" from when he was jumping up towards his zord in "A Star is Born", and used it in "Welcome to Venus Island" four times when he was punching the inside of the Invenusable Fly Trap's stomach.

Alitain wrote: View Post

Probably some kinda deal where it'd still be using "them", even if just bit voice over stuff, so they'd have to pay them or something, I don't know. Probably just something like that, even if they weren't using them to make new sounds, they were still using them. Like royalties or something.
Do non-union actors even get royalties?
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 07:24 PM #76
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

Whenever did they? The closest thing to that I know about was they took Jason's "aiyaa!" from when he was jumping up towards his zord in "A Star is Born", and used it in "Welcome to Venus Island" four times when he was punching the inside of the Invenusable Fly Trap's stomach.

Do non-union actors even get royalties?
No idea, and likely isn't the right term I was more using it to get the idea across of what I was meaning. There could've been something that made it so they couldn't use the actor's voices without paying them, even if it was past clips or something, since it was technically new footage using it. Who knows.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2018, 01:18 AM #77
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

Windgrail wrote: View Post

I think the American props for the original Power Weapons were super fragile. Once the Zyuranger footage burned out, we barely saw them in season 2, and season 3 focused on the Ninja Powers, except for Saba on occassion.
That's why I think the absence of the power weapons in Season 3 had nothing to do with violence. If they were concerned about the violence, they would have kept the weapons but just used them more in a more playfully. I think the reason we didn't see the Power Weapons at all in S3 was because the props were in poor shape.

Interestingly, the Ninja Ranger toys had the Kaku weapons. So I wonder if there were plans to give the Rangers new weapons in S3 that fell through.

Alitain wrote: View Post

I don't think the MMPR actors got any royalties.

They did actually reuse a lot of voices. Interestingly, the international versions had less re-using, but the domestic versions had more. The domestic versions were usually edited after the international versions were made, so I am guessing there were probably production issues, which made them not always reuse clips.
big smile is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2018, 03:22 PM #78
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Agent Z wrote: View Post

It's definitely Rangers at the core.
So that's why it's Gooooo ZEO!
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2018, 04:00 PM #79
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

During the Season 2 the Rangers barely used the Power weapons but them used the Thunder Canon...
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2018, 04:09 PM #80
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Akumaru wrote: View Post

During the Season 2 the Rangers barely used the Power weapons but them used the Thunder Canon...
They used the Power Cannon only a few times to be honest. Against Skelerena, the rock of time, and Turkey Jerk (with half the team on that one)

They used the Power Weapons and Power Blaster far more in s2 than the Power Cannon.

Tags
dumps like a truck, thong talk, trending thrax thong