Home Menu

Menu

Old December 13th, 2018, 10:06 AM #21
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Hayley just seems forgotten, especially since we have a new hayley as an actual ranger.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 10:07 AM #22
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

They didnt seem that imporant like it was in mmpr

I think turbo (or in space) made the weapons relevant again.
I think it was In Space. Seems like the first time since the first season of MMPR that the power weapons actually even mattered or made a difference for more than just an episode or two.
Harpsikord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 10:12 AM #23
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Judge Joker wrote: View Post

Surely this one should be named “The Power of Thunder”...
Seconded; then the third thread is Ninjetti...THEN Zeo.

Regarding the Rocky/Adam element, I think season 2 at least "tried" to do something with them but the back end was such a mess with the departures, the movie/Australia trip and whatnot and the third was so tight with what it could do that all they could do was save it until they had time....which luckily was Zeo. The sad thing is Aisha got everything she needed in a season-and-a-half while Rocky and Adam had no choice but to wait.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 10:15 AM #24
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

The Master Morpher is what Skull was working on during Samurai. That's why Bulk had to watch his kid for a couple years.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 10:24 AM #25
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Merlin wrote: View Post

Halfway through, Taichi's going to be replaced?
Meh... it is what it is.

Ataruman wrote: View Post

Seconded; then the third thread is Ninjetti...THEN Zeo.
My thread, my rules... lol. But in all seriousness... I have my reasons. Since the logo has the helmets in them AND I wanted to make a clean break from MMPR, Zeo was the logical choice.

There was never going to be Seasons 2, 3, Alien Ranger themes. Just like there will never be "Super" themed ones either. If we get that far.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 10:52 AM #26
> Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

Merlin wrote: View Post

Halfway through, Taichi's going to be replaced?
I totally support this motion.

Taichi wrote: View Post

My thread, my rules... lol. But in all seriousness... I have my reasons. Since the logo has the helmets in them AND I wanted to make a clean break from MMPR, Zeo was the logical choice.

There was never going to be Seasons 2, 3, Alien Ranger themes. Just like there will never be "Super" themed ones either. If we get that far.
...Definetely needs to be replaced.
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 10:57 AM #27
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Judge Joker wrote: View Post

...Definetely needs to be replaced.
I'll replace you.
Old December 13th, 2018, 10:59 AM #28
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

Harpsikord wrote: View Post

I'm not gonna lie.

I didn't even realize that the Zeo rangers were meant to have unique weapons.
They did have a lot of martial arts based finishers, didn't they? Lot of episodes the weapons only showed up in the combined form, I swear.
tremor3258 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 11:03 AM #29
> JNTA1234
Power Ranger

JNTA1234
Power Ranger

Might as well respond to what was said in the last thread.
Lol you really hate the second cast huh? I mean Tommy and Jason’s personalities are interchangable, Aisha actually had more personality than Trini. Adam and Rocky were the stale ones. Zack was probably the best character of the season 1 cast, his energy was definetly missed.

Whats annoying about that though is that its obvious they wanted Rocky to take on Zack’s role but they always pulled back on it every time they tried. Then they finally gave it to him in zeo, and it worked perfectly for him.
In season one, Tommy was presented as an absent minded derp, different from the more determined and focused Jason. I would have liked Tommy more if he stayed like that. Not to mention, the fact that Jason and Tommy had similarities was kinda the point of their dynamic (lowkey rivalry) and that's partially the reason why Rita chose Tommy.

I'd say Trini and Aisha were about the same but Trini was a more consistent and varied character, within the pre-Green With Evil era alone, there are multiple instances where she's doing science stuff, martial arts stuff or "girl stuff" in any given episode.

Aisha could have been really cool but she dropped martial arts and other cool stuff (like understanding radio waves) only to constantly shop with Kimberly. Not to mention this removed any interesting dynamic she could have had with any of the male rangers. (You'd never know that she was friends with Rocky longer than Kimberly)

Adam started out cool too, as this awkward sort of wallflower kinda guy but after that he becomes stale. If they all maintained those characteristics I would have liked them fine but like others said MMPR became a bit too plot heavy to focus on the characters. Ultimately the cast throughout season 2 and 3 of MMPR give Megaforce and Ninja Steel a run for their money for blandest team.

Season one with the original cast wasn't perfect but the writers did put in the work to make them a cohesive team where each ranger stood out in the their own way.

Jason was the strong and valiant leader who'd spar with his friends and teach them a thing or two about martial arts. Zack was the fun dude who loved to dance and liked to put on his own spin on martial arts. Kimberly was a star athlete too as a gymnast but still quite the sassy girly girl. Billy was an awkward science geek who was eager to learn from his friends and use his brains to help them. Trini was the chill chick who's brains, athleticism and femininity helped her relate to each of her friends. Then Tommy comes in and he gives Jason a sweat, he has a thing for Kimberly and he's generally kinda slow witted, in contrast with the cooler aspects of himself.

Their similarities and differences made for interesting dynamics and interactions, compared to the second team where there's pretty much nothing but two girly girls being girly, a bunch of dudes sparring or working out, and Billy just sort of does whatever until tech duty calls. With the original team, I could tell you things about them and what they'd say or do in any given situation, how they'd react to certain things and how most of them relate to each other and when the script gives them an action or dialogue, they deliver with actual emotion. You don't really get that with the second cast.

Last edited by JNTA1234; December 13th, 2018 at 04:28 PM.
JNTA1234 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 11:20 AM #30
> BluePR
Power Ranger

BluePR
Power Ranger

JNTA1234 wrote: View Post

Aisha could have been really cool but she dropped martial arts and other cool stuff (like understanding radio waves) only to constantly shop with Kimberly. Not to mention this removed any interesting dynamic she could have had with any of the male rangers. (You'd never know that she was friends with Rocky longer than Kimberly)
Agreed that the second cast could have been a lot better and more interesting if it had brought up more & longer that the new three were/are a trio, closer with and knowing each other a lot longer than the other three. Although that could have changed the show a little too much vs. just pretending/acting as if the new lineup had been there from the beginning.
BluePR is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 11:22 AM #31
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Why isn't the 2017 movie listed?
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 11:57 AM #32
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Harpsikord wrote: View Post

I think it was In Space. Seems like the first time since the first season of MMPR that the power weapons actually even mattered or made a difference for more than just an episode or two.
Yep. I can barely recall the Turbo Rangers using their own individual weapons all that much if at all after the movie (and as someone noted in the last thread they used them to shoot lasers even the melee weapons) just the Turbo RAM.

And Zeo maybe a couple times but I not often usually just the combined weapon.

In Space was the first time since season 1 the Rangers seemed to use their individual weapons on an episode to episode basis
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 12:01 PM #33
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

Why isn't the 2017 movie listed?
Because at the time of making the original thread the movie was being discussed in it's own thread.

I'll make the changes, I just need the time to do it.
Old December 13th, 2018, 12:37 PM #34
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

The Change for MMPR to PRZ it was really diferent, always liked the way Zeo was and in specials the suits in the special Gold Ranger !!! The Machine Empire were interesthing villans
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 12:40 PM #35
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Eh, I think the "they're all friends now" bit was done worse in Turbo2. Sure we needed the new cast but they were a bit too chummy with each other and Justin a bit too quickly. Sure you could say "time passed" as some do, but it probably feels a bit more disconcerting than the post-Peace Conference bunch.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 12:59 PM #36
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

Ataruman wrote: View Post

Eh, I think the "they're all friends now" bit was done worse in Turbo2. Sure we needed the new cast but they were a bit too chummy with each other and Justin a bit too quickly. Sure you could say "time passed" as some do, but it probably feels a bit more disconcerting than the post-Peace Conference bunch.
I hope some time passed, or Ashley is psychic. The first episode after the change had Ashley knowing what buttons to press on the other Rangers with precision, which is pretty weird for a group of people she just met.
tremor3258 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 02:12 PM #37
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

As much praise you can give the Turbo2 cast for chemistry, they were indeed rushed in almost as badly as MMPRS2. Becoming friends instantaneously, knowing Bulk and Skull, and having all of their school experiences sidelined for the plot's sake.
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 06:38 PM #38
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

JNTA1234 wrote: View Post

Might as well respond to what was said in the last thread.

In season one, Tommy was presented as an absent minded derp, different from the more determined and focused Jason. I would have liked Tommy more if he stayed like that. Not to mention, the fact that Jason and Tommy had similarities was kinda the point of their dynamic (lowkey rivalry) and that's partially the reason why Rita chose Tommy.

I'd say Trini and Aisha were about the same but Trini was a more consistent and varied character, within the pre-Green With Evil era alone, there are multiple instances where she's doing science stuff, martial arts stuff or "girl stuff" in any given episode.

Adam started out cool too, as this awkward sort of wallflower kinda guy but after that he becomes stale. If they all maintained those characteristics I would have liked them fine but like others said MMPR became a bit too plot heavy to focus on the characters. Ultimately the cast throughout season 2 and 3 of MMPR give Megaforce and Ninja Steel a run for their money for blandest team.

Season one with the original cast wasn't perfect but the writers did put in the work to make them a cohesive team where each ranger stood out in the their own way.

Jason was the strong and valiant leader who'd spar with his friends and teach them a thing or two about martial arts. Zack was the fun dude who loved to dance and liked to put on his own spin on martial arts. Kimberly was a star athlete too as a gymnast but still quite the sassy girly girl. Billy was an awkward science geek who was eager to learn from his friends and use his brains to help them. Trini was the chill chick who's brains, athleticism and femininity helped her relate to each of her friends. Then Tommy comes in and he gives Jason a sweat, he has a thing for Kimberly and he's generally kinda slow witted, in contrast with the cooler aspects of himself.

Their similarities and differences made for interesting dynamics and interactions, compared to the second team where there's pretty much nothing but two girly girls being girly, a bunch of dudes sparring or working out, and Billy just sort of does whatever until tech duty calls. With the original team, I could tell you things about them and what they'd say or do in any given situation, how they'd react to certain things and how most of them relate to each other and when the script gives them an action or dialogue, they deliver with actual emotion. You don't really get that with the second cast.

Besides Tommy’s forgetfulness (which they dropped by the second half of season 1) Tommy was basically Jason. Both are Karate head jocks. And When Tommy became leader it really wasnt that much different in leader strategy by the time they reached season 3. (Season 2 Tommy as leader was selfish I admit)
To be fair though, Aisha was Billy’s assistant as well with Adam in season 2.

Aisha was a girly girl sure, But its not like Trini was some masculine tomboy, lol. Trini collected dolls. That sounds pretty girly girly to me. I never thought Aisha and Kim were similar besides liking shopping. Hell, it was a whole episode about zedd turning trini’s makeup that she gave to Kim into a monster (two for one). Trini may have had alot more hobbies, But Aisha still had a better presence on the team imo.

Aisha was a whole lot more sass than Kim. That episode where Aisha gets snappy with Tommy (when there’s smoke) I dont recall Kim ever getting an attitude with Jason lol

But I agree that They shouldnt have dropped the ninja stuff with Aisha. She should have been sparring with the guys.

Rocky, they should have just let him be the character he was in zeo, simple as that lol. Red ranger or not, he wasnt even the leader so him being a goof would have been better for him.

Adam actually had a solid character, they just never really did much with it. He just faded in the background after his two focus episodes and “passing the lantern” wasnt really a memorable episode for him.

Another issue with the replacements is that instead of making it known that the team dynamic shifted, the writers tried to pass it off as if The Stone canyon kids were rangers since season 1, which backfired.

Old December 13th, 2018, 06:42 PM #39
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Another issue with the replacements is that instead of making it known that the team dynamic shifted, the writers tried to pass it off as if The Stone canyon kids were rangers since season 1, which backfired.
Define backfired.

They certainly didn't lose any money, and the stories were never fine art even before the new recruits got there.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 06:48 PM #40
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

Define backfired.

They certainly didn't lose any money, and the stories were never fine art even before the new recruits got there.
Backfired as them as a whole not being good or memorable characters.

Tags
dumps like a truck, thong talk, trending thrax thong