Home Menu

Menu

Old October 25th, 2018, 11:15 AM #21
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

I always thought that if they were going to a Mrs. Doubtfire sequel, it would have focused on Matthew Lawrence donning the costume to get closer to his estranged wife and kids, with his father's help. They could do still do that even if Williams is no longer with us, just give his character a respectful ending.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2018, 06:06 PM #22
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

And apparently a Clueless remake is in the works...
https://ew.com/movies/2018/10/25/clu...ake-paramount/

You know, as a guy I have no problem admitting I like this movie, it's fun. I mean I always find it weird that I did, but it's an entertaining movie and I've seen it a few times over the years(once in theaters, then on TV). I kinda wonder if you can really...capture the movie now. Or more if there's really a point. I guess in the end the basic premise is sorta universal of a vapid girl starting to understand there's more to the world and maturing because of it without totally changing who she is. Basically just swap out the pop culture, and you got it I suppose. But I wonder if something like Clueless would be as remarkable now.

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

I always thought that if they were going to a Mrs. Doubtfire sequel, it would have focused on Matthew Lawrence donning the costume to get closer to his estranged wife and kids, with his father's help. They could do still do that even if Williams is no longer with us, just give his character a respectful ending.
Sorta wonder, aside from just Williams' passing putting a cloud over any potential sequel or even remake, if people would get to worked up over the thing. A man dressing as a woman, fooling everyone to think he's a woman, lying to his ex and kids, just to stay close to them. Don't get me wrong, I love Mrs. Doubtfire, to be clear. But the...atmosphere nowadays make me wonder if people would be so kind to it if someone say tried remaking it.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2018, 08:55 PM #23
> RockyDeSantos
Power Ranger

RockyDeSantos
Power Ranger

A Coneheads sequel I'd love to see, maybe recast with Bill Hader as Beldar since he looks like a younger Dan Ackroyd. That recent Pringles commercial with Hader making those faces convinced me he can pull off something like that.

Dan Ackroyd and Jane Curtin could still play Beldar and Prymat. Just look at that State Farm commerical from a few years ago. "Its Jake from Planet State Farm."
RockyDeSantos is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2018, 09:10 PM #24
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Alitain wrote: View Post

And apparently a Clueless remake is in the works...
https://ew.com/movies/2018/10/25/clu...ake-paramount/
I've been waiting for this. It's one of the few times I watched a film and the TV series counterpart.

They NEED to involve the OGs, everyone would be down to do it. I don't care how looney tunes Stacey Dash is now.

You know, as a guy I have no problem admitting I like this movie, it's fun.
Clueless wasn't for girls, it was for an entire generation.

Paul Rudd, man.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2018, 06:06 AM #25
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Alitain wrote: View Post

Sorta wonder, aside from just Williams' passing putting a cloud over any potential sequel or even remake, if people would get to worked up over the thing. A man dressing as a woman, fooling everyone to think he's a woman, lying to his ex and kids, just to stay close to them. Don't get me wrong, I love Mrs. Doubtfire, to be clear. But the...atmosphere nowadays make me wonder if people would be so kind to it if someone say tried remaking it.
That is a good point. And beyond that, while Matthew Lawrence has always been nice eye candy, the guy's never really been that great of an actor. There's too many factors going against doing a sequel post-Williams.
Old October 28th, 2018, 11:32 AM #26
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Matthew Lawrence has always been nice eye candy, the guy's never really been that great of an actor.
This. And I love Matthew Lawrence.

Even Andy Lawrence is better.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2018, 06:13 PM #27
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

I know that next year, we are getting a biography on Fred Rodgers starring Tom Hanks next year, but if any of you haven't seen the Won't You Be My Neighbor documentary, then definitely get it on DVD, Blu-ray, or Digital HD. You really get know who he really was and some of the important lessons that he was trying to teach on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood .
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:16 PM #28
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Matthew McConaughey revealed that he auditioned for Leonardo DiCaprio's part in Titanic. I'm not sure if i could've seen Jack Dawson with a southern accent.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/11/06/mat...ardo-dicaprio/
Old November 6th, 2018, 06:46 PM #29
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

ranger_scout wrote: View Post

Matthew McConaughey revealed that he auditioned for Leonardo DiCaprio's part in Titanic. I'm not sure if i could've seen Jack Dawson with a southern accent.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/11/06/mat...ardo-dicaprio/
Would never have worked out. No one would've bought Jack being able to stay in the water as long as he did if he wasn't at least wearing a shirt, haha!
Old November 6th, 2018, 07:11 PM #30
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Universal Pictures Rebooting Shrek and Puss in Boots
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...AEMdDbqI7US.99
Dead2009 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 03:41 AM #31
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Does Shrek really need a reboot? If they want to recast Myers, Murphy and Banderas, just say that they got cursed with some weird voice changing spell or something.
Old November 7th, 2018, 07:46 AM #32
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Yeah I still just don't really see a reason to reboot it. I mean I enjoy the Shrek movies, but what purpose would it serve to reboot? It's still basically be the same story; ogre becomes unlikely hero surrounded by a medley of fairy tale jokes in character form. Just doesn't seem like there's anything new there to really make a reboot worthwhile. But who knows I guess.
Old November 7th, 2018, 11:57 AM #33
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

I really don't think the Despicable Me people are the right fit for the brand, I feel like it literally will become a huge toy commercial as they try to find the new "minions". Shrek 1 and 2 at least had something to say and a fresh take on things, there's very little about the Despicable franchise that comes off as original.

Maybe it's rose-tinted-nostalgia speaking here, and I know the series was a dollar making juggernaut, but I really don't remember the Shrek series whoring itself out THAT much, especially as a child in those times. They just made four decent movies and ate shit for "selling out".
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 11:59 AM #34
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

If they want to recast Myers, Murphy and Banderas, just say that they got cursed with some weird voice changing spell or something.
They are hoping to bring back Myers, Murphy, Banderas, and even Diaz, despite the fact she said that she's retired from acting right now.
Old November 7th, 2018, 03:09 PM #35
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

I really don't think the Despicable Me people are the right fit for the brand, I feel like it literally will become a huge toy commercial as they try to find the new "minions". Shrek 1 and 2 at least had something to say and a fresh take on things, there's very little about the Despicable franchise that comes off as original.

Maybe it's rose-tinted-nostalgia speaking here, and I know the series was a dollar making juggernaut, but I really don't remember the Shrek series whoring itself out THAT much, especially as a child in those times. They just made four decent movies and ate shit for "selling out".
There were toys, sure, but that was to be expected of a PG rated family film. But there was nothing that screamed 'selling out' (That honor goes to the Emoji Movie). The toylines came and went with little fanfare for each movie, and maybe a few restaurant tie-ins.
Old November 9th, 2018, 11:36 PM #36
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

ranger_scout wrote: View Post

They are hoping to bring back Myers, Murphy, Banderas, and even Diaz, despite the fact she said that she's retired from acting right now.
I can't imagine Fiona voiced by someone other than Diaz herself.

There were toys, sure, but that was to be expected of a PG rated family film. But there was nothing that screamed 'selling out' (That honor goes to the Emoji Movie). The toylines came and went with little fanfare for each movie, and maybe a few restaurant tie-ins.
That's right.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 04:29 AM #37
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Shrek (well the first, the second I didn't really like and never saw the later ones or spin-offs) worked for what it was supposed to do: it came out basically when Disney's fairy tale movies were passe and Dreamworks decided to rib on them to be the cool new kid on the block (especially due to Katzenburger being one of the founders and his falling out with Michael Eisner)

It's been nearly 20 years now and Disney's sort of both embraced and become way more self-aware of itself with this so I'm not sure it will have as much of an impact other than "hey, it's an ogre and a donkey making fun of fairy tales". I'd say move on but the movies were popular and my guess is it's a cultural relevance issue. Heck, with Disney and animation in general sort of not just about fairy tale adaptations anymore, I'm not sure it will have the same impact without just a really strong, good script that makes it work.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 03:09 PM #38
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

What's really the point of rebooting in any sense? Unless they're planning on doing a story that crams essentially EVERY major character introduced over the four movies into one new origin tale.
Old November 15th, 2018, 11:55 AM #39
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Wonder Park looks like it will be a colorful family-friendly movie. I'm also a fan of some of the actors they've assembled to do the voices. I'm very curious to see how it will do since March 2019 already has films like Dumbo and Captain Marvel being released.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/tr...r-park-trailer
Old November 23rd, 2018, 09:20 PM #40
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

I really don't know why Little Women needs to keep being remade, especially since we had a TV mini-series that aired on PBS this year along with a contemporary version that hit the big-screen. They even mention the numerous adaptations here in this article.

There Have Been Many Remakes

The book was written in two parts, the first released in 1868 and the second released in 1869. The first film version came out in 1933 and starred Katharine Hepburn, Joan Bennett, Jean Parker and Frances Dee as the March sisters.

In 1949, the film got a remake that starred Elizabeth Taylor as Amy - the youngest March sister. She costarred alongside June Allyson, Margaret O’Brien and Janet Leigh.

Winona Ryder famously played Jo in the 1994 adaptation, alongside Christian Bale as Laurie, Kirsten Dunst as Amy, Susan Sarandon as Marmee and Claire Danes as Beth.

It was recently remade again starring Back to the Future‘s Lea Thompson as Marmee and released last month.
https://people.com/movies/emma-watso...thing-we-know/

Well, next year there's going to be another film, but apparently it's going to focus more on the March sisters during their adult years. Here are Emma Watson, Saoirse Ronan, Florence Pugh and Eliza Scanlen in costume. The film will also star Meryl Streep as Aunt March, Laura Dern as Marmee, and Timothée Chalamet as Laurie.

https://people.com/movies/first-look...-little-women/