Home Menu

Menu

Old August 30th, 2018, 02:29 PM #1
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Hasbro Power Rangers Discussion

Consolidating the two Hasbro Discussion threads into 1. Please continue the discussion here.

Thanks!

Previous Threads:
Hasbro acquires Power Rangers: https://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=182423
Hasbro looking to make Power rangers film: https://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=182599
Decade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 02:30 PM #2
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

QuantumPowers wrote: View Post

Oh. That's weird. Did Disney reuse previous voices in trailers for upcoming seasons?
Disney tended to use placeholder voices. I only recall Disney using lines from one character, with the footage of another to promote the same series. [Example: Scott with Ziggy's voice]

SCG has been recycling old audio this whole time. There was a Jayden line in the DC preview trailer.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 02:35 PM #3
> QuantumPowers
Banned

QuantumPowers
Banned

Decade wrote: View Post

Consolidating the two Hasbro Discussion threads into 1. Please continue the discussion here.

Thanks!

Previous Threads:
Hasbro acquires Power Rangers: https://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=182423
Hasbro looking to make Power rangers film: https://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=182599
I thought I did something wrong when I saw no reply button.
QuantumPowers is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 02:39 PM #4
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Chip's favourite episode is Shell Shocked. That should go without saying.
Which is an awesome episode.

Granted itís not Trouble by the Slice (but what is?) and for In Space comedy episodes Iíd rank it under Date with Danger but itís still fun.

Has any writer for PR ever said "I prefer the serious tone", or alluded to it? Everyone, from Doug to Jackie to Tony to Chip to Bruce all like it when their characters have fun. Working within the confines of a serious season has got to be draining.
Not a writer but Jonathan Tzachor appears to like a more serious tone? He also hates the characters to have lives outside of being Rangers.

Doesnít that Amit Bhaumik guy like the show to ne super duper serious too?

I think the good writers/producers like to have fun with their childrenís toy commercial
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 02:41 PM #5
> OmegaRedMkII
Power Ranger

OmegaRedMkII
Power Ranger

QuantumPowers wrote: View Post

I thought I did something wrong when I saw no reply button.
Yeah, imagine having someone make a rude comment towards you, then before you can correct them, the thread closes. It's okay, I sent a private message to that individual.

As for earlier discussion. I am not trying to paint myself as some know it all that knows everything about running a show. I apologize if my replies came off as antagonistic because that is not my intention at all. I've always been a shoot straight person, so when I notice that a show I grew up with is taking a turn for the worse, i'm pretty vocal about it. First world problem, yup. More concerning and more prevalent issues, of course. I just like discussing this with everyone is all.
OmegaRedMkII is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 30th, 2018, 03:11 PM #6
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

I remain cautiously optimistic about the future of PR under Hasbro, they haven't done anything yet to really sway that view. I do wish they'd just reboot the movie instead of giving us another movie with the breakfast club rangers.
maslego is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 30th, 2018, 03:13 PM #7
> OmegaRedMkII
Power Ranger

OmegaRedMkII
Power Ranger

maslego wrote: View Post

I remain cautiously optimistic about the future of PR under Hasbro, they haven't done anything yet to really sway that view. I do wish they'd just reboot the movie instead of giving us another movie with the breakfast club rangers.
My only real problem with the movie was that there was not a lot of rangering. Had there been monster attacks laid intermittently throughout the movie, I would have absolutely loved the movie. The characters were not the problem at all.
Old August 30th, 2018, 03:15 PM #8
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

OmegaRedMkII wrote: View Post

. The characters were not the problem at all.
Kim was not worthy of the power in ANY universe. She betrayed a friend's trust in the most cruel manner, by showing Jason the photo she proved she learned nothing (also the fact she still had the picture even after destroying her phone earlier means she kept it intentionally) She acted like she was the victim even as she described her friend's father seeing the picture of his daughter. To make matters worse during the zord fight when she sees her former friends cowering for their lives her only remark is "Yeah that's what you get"

The 2017 Kim would be the villain in any series of the show. The girl she betrayed deserves the power more than she does.
Old August 30th, 2018, 03:24 PM #9
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

Not a writer but Jonathan Tzachor appears to like a more serious tone? He also hates the characters to have lives outside of being Rangers.
I don't think it's that cut and dry. The two things well established about Tzachor are "he is fiscal" and "he is visual". Placing focus on those elements isn't a slight to chatacter, but it's at the detriment of character and plot.

The SM Corinth footage had pretty colors. Using it was cost effective. But it didn't make sense. New Powers gave us a new visual but the priority wasn't on writing them a backstory. It was cost effective.

Doesn't that Amit Bhaumik guy like the show to ne super duper serious too?
The big takeaway from Amit's PR credits, and the pitches he shared online, is accessibility. He doesn't want to write for everyone, he writes for people who know Billy's shoe size. Wild Force had so many factors, but looking at the three episodes he wrote, tone wasn't an issue. He did well to convey each character and it never felt like they were saddled by another season.
Old August 30th, 2018, 03:35 PM #10
> OmegaRedMkII
Power Ranger

OmegaRedMkII
Power Ranger

Kim was not worthy of the power in ANY universe. She betrayed a friend's trust in the most cruel manner, by showing Jason the photo she proved she learned nothing (also the fact she still had the picture even after destroying her phone earlier means she kept it intentionally) She acted like she was the victim even as she described her friend's father seeing the picture of his daughter. To make matters worse during the zord fight when she sees her former friends cowering for their lives her only remark is "Yeah that's what you get"

The 2017 Kim would be the villain in any series of the show. The girl she betrayed deserves the power more than she does.
I can't quite remember, did she do that to the friend out of retaliation, or did she start it? But I think the movie was trying to get across that being a Ranger helps us become out best selves. No one is truly unworthy if they are able to look inside themselves and use the power within for good. Let he who is sinless cast the first stone and whatnot.
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:02 PM #11
> OhStarryNight
Power Ranger

OhStarryNight
Power Ranger

Granted itís not Trouble by the Slice (but what is?) and for In Space comedy episodes Iíd rank it under Date with Danger but itís still fun.

Doesnít that Amit Bhaumik guy like the show to ne super duper serious too?

I think the good writers/producers like to have fun with their childrenís toy commercial
But the thing about Power Rangers is that it always was able to prove it was more than just a children's toy commercial.

Shell Shocked is a fun episode, but it also exists in a season that involves a young man desperately trying to find and save his long lost sister, only to find that she's the villain he's been fighting all season. The season that kills off the beloved mentor of the previous six seasons in a last ditch attempt to win the day when all seems lost.

I've heard that another of Lynn's favorite episodes is In the Limelight from Lightspeed Rescue. An enjoyable and silly stand alone episode that exists in a season that involves a man having to make a deal with a demon to ensure that his son will survive when he cannot save both his children. The season where the Red Ranger is completely willing to sacrifice himself to seal off the demons and save the city.

Silly and serious do not exist in a vacuum. The best PR seasons are the ones that can embrace the cheese, while still bringing something interesting to the table. You need the goofy eps to bring levity, but you shouldn't sacrifice plot for them. When it needs to be serious, let it be serious.
OhStarryNight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:12 PM #12
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

Honestly the only bad In Space episodes are Grandma Matchmaker and Andros and the Stowaway. You can't convince me otherwise.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:15 PM #13
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Grandma Matchmaker feels like a Masked Rider episode.

I mean that in the best possible way.
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:22 PM #14
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

I can't quite remember, did she do that to the friend out of retaliation, or did she start it? But I think the movie was trying to get across that being a Ranger helps us become out best selves. No one is truly unworthy if they are able to look inside themselves and use the power within for good. Let he who is sinless cast the first stone and whatnot.
There's a difference between being imperfect and borderline criminal behavior, if her friend was under 18 what Kim did was a felony.
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:27 PM #15
> OmegaRedMkII
Power Ranger

OmegaRedMkII
Power Ranger

There's a difference between being imperfect and borderline criminal behavior, if her friend was under 18 what Kim did was a felony.
Okay, rewatching the scene.... yeah that's bad. But even still, you can come back from that, with enough work. Evem though you may never truly be absolved, that does not mean you still can't try to help people. Kimberly is trying for that. Now as far as what happened to the girls in the car, that wasn't right. I will admit that.
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:39 PM #16
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

Okay, rewatching the scene.... yeah that's bad. But even still, you can come back from that, with enough work. Evem though you may never truly be absolved, that does not mean you still can't try to help people. Kimberly is trying for that. Now as far as what happened to the girls in the car, that wasn't right. I will admit that.
Deleting the picture would have been a really great start. The fact she hasn't even done that proves how little she's actually trying, like I said, earlier in the movie she crushed her phone, that would imply she had to get a new one and transfer all the content. She CHOOSE to keep it, she CHOOSE to move it to the new phone, she CHOOSE to show it to Jason betraying her former friend all over again.
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:46 PM #17
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

(also the fact she still had the picture even after destroying her phone earlier means she kept it intentionally)
...Huh. I never thought about that, but that's a good point.

she CHOOSE to show it to Jason betraying her former friend all over again.
Being completely fair, the fact that her former friends continued to go out of their way to act bitchy towards her (and I'm not saying she didn't deserve it) would kind of make that easier.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:46 PM #18
> OhStarryNight
Power Ranger

OhStarryNight
Power Ranger

There was also the episode of LSR with Kelsey's grandma. One of my favorite eps of Lightspeed.

There's something Hasbro could bring back: Grandma episodes.
OhStarryNight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:47 PM #19
> TitanTrini
Power Ranger

TitanTrini
Power Ranger

While I loved the grandma in Megaranger, Im actually shocked she made it to In Space!
TitanTrini is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:50 PM #20
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

OhStarryNight wrote: View Post

There was also the episode of LSR with Kelsey's grandma. One of my favorite eps of Lightspeed.

There's something Hasbro could bring back: Grandma episodes.
Masked Rider's The Grandma Factor is peak Saban Ent.

Forget the grandma episode, Beetleborgs found the sauce with Nano. Sassy black woman + grandma charm, it can't be beat.