Home Menu

Menu

Old April 16th, 2019, 01:43 PM #1621
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Yeah it sure would suck to have our orders delayed or backordered after waiting this long and dealing with those temporary charges every week.
Kylash327 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 03:27 PM #1622
> LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

So went to Target today and to my surprise they had the new Lightning collection out. My cousin went to buy Shadow Ranger but couldnt because of the street date restriction lol Person covering self checkout had to radio to get the rest off of the sales floor

Srry for bad quality image lol
LegandaryYin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 04:23 PM #1623
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Has anyone compared hasbro tommy to figuarts tommy yet?
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 04:45 PM #1624
> Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

LegandaryYin wrote: View Post

So went to Target today and to my surprise they had the new Lightning collection out. My cousin went to buy Shadow Ranger but couldnt because of the street date restriction lol Person covering self checkout had to radio to get the rest off of the sales floor

https://i.imgur.com/vzBSVh0.jpg
Srry for bad quality image lol
Anybody remember the bandai Power Morpher fiasco?

I smell another similar event with the Lord Zedd. Power ranger brother vs power ranger brother at each other's jugulars for the chance to trade fiat for plastic idols

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Has anyone compared hasbro tommy to figuarts tommy yet?
Why? Do you wanna hurt Bandai's feelings????

Tyrannozord27 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 16th, 2019, 05:52 PM #1625
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

The line's not even out! Zedd isn't the first shortpacked figure, and Hasbro's distribution is stronger than Bandai.

It's way too early to make these kind of calls. When MMPR Pink starts showing up, then, you're SOL for Zedd. That's a ways off.
Considering the stores around her barely have much in the way of Transformers on the shelves, and I've seen whole waves skipped and ones that do show up, maybe only one or two, I don't really consider Hasbro's distribution all that strong. May be different where you're from, but yeah. Given the way things have gone the likelihood of seeing Zedd in the stores for me seems pretty nill. But hey, if it does then great. And yeah, maybe in a couple months they'll have more and they'll actually show on the shelves, and that'd be great too. But considering only at least one Target in my area(though since it's one, I assume the others) are even stocking the PR toys, it definitely limits accessibility. Walmarts around here sure haven't bothered to put anything out.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 06:38 PM #1626
> Kwarren3
Power Ranger

eBay
Kwarren3
Power Ranger

eBay

I received my Lord Zedd from Amazon today. Unfortunately the box was damaged as Amazon simply shipped it in their crappy bubble wrap packaging, and my Zedd has some paint issues on the chest. Theres a big black mark on the right side and a long black mark down the middle of the chest. I'm trying to decide if I want to try to exchange it or not.

Kwarren3 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 07:27 PM #1627
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

People out here on FB actually talking THEFT over these things instead of waiting. Good lord.
CryloBenAffleck is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 08:00 PM #1628
> Kwarren3
Power Ranger

eBay
Kwarren3
Power Ranger

eBay

CryloBenAffleck wrote: View Post

People out here on FB actually talking THEFT over these things instead of waiting. Good lord.
I saw that. “I’ll just scare a couple of black figures” It’s sad.
Kwarren3 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 08:25 PM #1629
> d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

My Amazon order hasn't shipped yet. I ordered everyone but dino charge red through Amazon.

Decided to get red from Hasbro for their pulse member benefits offer thing...have they said what those are? Or how any of it works yet?
d3monicwolv3s is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 08:29 PM #1630
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

One word for even entertaining the idea of stealing action figures: pathetic.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 16th, 2019, 08:45 PM #1631
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

Kwarren3 wrote: View Post

I saw that. “I’ll just scare a couple of black figures” It’s sad.
But I paid, its not theft!!!

But you didnt pay for the actual merchandise you took. LMAO.
CryloBenAffleck is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 10:34 PM #1632
> Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

cough, cough, I repeat...
Tyrannozord27 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 05:49 AM #1633
> Bustajesse
Power Ranger

Bustajesse
Power Ranger

But I paid, its not theft!!!

But you didnt pay for the actual merchandise you took. LMAO.
I mean it’s not theft if the person is scanning a Star Wars Black Series Figure that is the same price. Same price made by the same company. It will mess up Targets inventory sure but dollar wise it’s the same result.

I see this as a Hasbro/Target problem. It was stupid to have a “street date” for figures based on a 25 year old property. If they had to have one then better procedures should have been in place to prevent these from going out in the floor until the street date was reached.

Zedd is going to be next to impossible to get and I feel bad for people that found him and were not “allowed” to by him.
Bustajesse is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 07:04 AM #1634
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

Bustajesse wrote: View Post

I mean it’s not theft if the person is scanning a Star Wars Black Series Figure that is the same price. Same price made by the same company. It will mess up Targets inventory sure but dollar wise it’s the same result.

I see this as a Hasbro/Target problem. It was stupid to have a “street date” for figures based on a 25 year old property. If they had to have one then better procedures should have been in place to prevent these from going out in the floor until the street date was reached.

Zedd is going to be next to impossible to get and I feel bad for people that found him and were not “allowed” to by him.
That still sounds like theft. Taking one item, but paying for another. A big blurred line right there. It borders heavily on the people that buy a Marvel Legends only to return/exchange it with some other jank figure they put in the box. Weird flex, but okay.

That said, I didn't see anything at both of my Targets. Are they only appearing in certain locations in the US so far or is everywhere fair game?
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 07:15 AM #1635
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Activator wrote: View Post

That still sounds like theft. Taking one item, but paying for another. A big blurred line right there. It borders heavily on the people that buy a Marvel Legends only to return/exchange it with some other jank figure they put in the box.
You can't be serious. This isn't a blurred line.

Returning a partial item is theft. Buying an item that won't scan, by scanning a different SKU, that's not theft. That's normal.

When I bought Shadow and DC Red, Shadow didn't scan. I bought two DC Red. *gasp*

Hasbro got paid, the retailer got paid. The only people upset are fans who have to wait. It's almost like the issue here isn't theft. Let's be real. You're upset because demand is high, and there's no supply.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; April 17th, 2019 at 07:20 AM.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 08:02 AM #1636
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Whether or not it's theft is irrelevant. It's still lousy and makes it harder for other people to get the figure because it fucks up inventory, especially if it turns out Hasbro isn't doing enough to meet the demand.
Cuchulainn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 08:05 AM #1637
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Scalpers are people too. That supply wasn't going to magically wait.

Want to talk about it being shitty? Okay, we can dance.

Calling it theft is wrong. That was my point.

If you want to blame Hasbro, just paint them up as the boogeyman. It's always someone's fault.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; April 17th, 2019 at 08:16 AM.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 08:53 AM #1638
> Pixelboy
Paleo Fan

Pixelboy
Paleo Fan

Has anybody gotten any updates from Hasbro Pulse? It seems a bit odd to be seeing the toys on shelves before those orders have even shipped.

Last edited by Pixelboy; April 17th, 2019 at 09:05 AM.
Pixelboy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 08:58 AM #1639
> System
Wait, what?

System
Wait, what?

Target.com was sold out of all of them, except DC Red as of early this morning. They all, including Zedd went back in stock about 15 minutes ago. I had Zedd, Tommy, and Shadow in my cart, and right as I go to check out, Zedd disappeared from my cart and is now sold out again. Ahhh, I was soo close to getting Zedd! =/

EDIT: Turns out Zedd appeared was saved under my "saved for later" portion of my target.com account, and I was able to proceed to my checkout and order him. I really hope he doesn't end up getting cancelled, as Zedds listing is still sold out. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by System; April 17th, 2019 at 09:59 AM.
System is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 10:02 AM #1640
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

You can't be serious. This isn't a blurred line.

Returning a partial item is theft. Buying an item that won't scan, by scanning a different SKU, that's not theft. That's normal.

When I bought Shadow and DC Red, Shadow didn't scan. I bought two DC Red. *gasp*

Hasbro got paid, the retailer got paid. The only people upset are fans who have to wait. It's almost like the issue here isn't theft. Let's be real. You're upset because demand is high, and there's no supply.
It's funny that your example is the one part of the argument that was already being justified (using the same line). But if semantics are what's really bothering you, it's still a jank thing to do but /shrug. You're the only one here that seems upset so calm down lol. I'm pretty sure I'm the one person in this thread that cares the least about this line

System wrote: View Post

Target.com was sold out of all of them, except DC Red as of early this morning. They all, including Zedd went back in stock about 15 minutes ago. I had Zedd, Tommy, and Shadow in my cart, and right as I go to check out, Zedd disappeared from my cart and is now sold out again. Ahhh, I was soo close to getting Zedd! =/

EDIT: Turns out Zedd appeared was saved under my "saved for later" portion of my target.com account, and I was able to proceed to my checkout and order him. I really hope he doesn't end up getting cancelled, as Zedds listing is still sold out. Fingers crossed!
That first part is pretty interesting. So all out no caring going on with the street date. Hope you snag that Zedd too. It'll be super rewarding considering what you just explained lol

I know it was mentioned in this thread before about Gamestop closing but, let's say it happens this year, before Goldar comes out...will it just become an online exclusive via other sites?
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends