Home Menu

Menu

Old August 14th, 2019, 07:29 AM #3601
> turbo409uk

turbo409uk

Utomowatch wrote: View Post

as tall as zedd or minipla.
What size are the minipla? Are they bigger than the 5" Megazord figures?
turbo409uk is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 07:34 AM #3602
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger

Utomowatch
Power Ranger

turbo409uk wrote: View Post

What size are the minipla? Are they bigger than the 5" Megazord figures?
Yes, and those are fully articulated and they are combiner.
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 07:49 AM #3603
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Utomowatch wrote: View Post

Have you try miniplas?
I have a few of them, but the price point is a little high for me to get more than just one or two. They're great though.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 08:13 AM #3604
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

grnrngr wrote: View Post

Best chance of getting a morpher in that scale would be full-on civilian versions of the Rangers. That said, with Hasbro and with MMPR, that is more likely than it ever has been before...

https://i.imgur.com/boYLRN7.jpg

I'd buy these five.
I've said it before, but I'd be thrilled with some good civilian Ranger figures. I don't care if they are solo releases or two-packs or exclusives, I'd buy them.

That said, if they do come along, I hope it is down the line a bit after we've had some full teams released (unless they are exclusives).

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

I'm a 31 year old man, so I don't make my figures "fight" anymore
You're missing out, man!

In fairness, I'm the 39 year old "fun uncle", so I kinda have to get out some of my toys and play with my nieces, nephews and friend's kids. Not so much with the LC figures, but plenty of other things will come down off the shelves if the kids bring over their figures and want to play.

It might help explain why they don't believe I'm a grown up.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 14th, 2019, 08:17 AM #3605
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

This is why we love you Bunny.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 14th, 2019, 08:30 AM #3606
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

Making the figure with episode-specific haircuts is a nice touch. It almost makes me believe their narrative that Mike's head isn't include with MD because that's not the version of the character they're selling.
is the Zach haircut accurate for that episode? I don't remember for sure
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 08:51 AM #3607
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

grnrngr wrote: View Post

The Gokaiger quite obviously use the Mobirates while morphed. The MMPR nor Zyuranger ever did.
For sure, that consideration is why it didn't take 20 years to get a mini Mobirates. I was just trying to stress their value as a display/play piece.

Displaying Morphed suits with the Morph pose isn't all too discordant. We've seen plenty of insta Morphs in other shows, and the MMPR Morph got more involved (on screen) as time went by. I get your point though, it's not like the Blade Blaster which is a part of the suit and used while Morphed.

bearytrek wrote: View Post

is the Zach haircut accurate for that episode? I don't remember for sure
Oui, oui, Gar-Kon.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; August 14th, 2019 at 09:07 AM.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 09:13 AM #3608
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

For as weird as the Red helmet looks odd in some angles, they nailed the Green sculpt. Even got the helmet opening seam in there.

Kylash327 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 09:53 AM #3609
> PMK
Power Ranger

PMK
Power Ranger

Two GameStops, two busted Green Rangers. Check out that chin. What's going on there? They both had that weird indent. The paint on this one is terrible. They didn't even paint the Morpher!

PMK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:04 AM #3610
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

The helmet is from the injection for the mold. It's been clipped, albeit a little too much.

As we stated... the morpher isn't painted. That's not an error, they chose not to paint it.
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:08 AM #3611
> PMK
Power Ranger

PMK
Power Ranger

Looking back through earlier posts now, I see that no one's Morpher is painted. I wonder if the stock GameStop received was a rush job and the rest of the pre-orders set to come in through October will be better.
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:47 AM #3612
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Kylash327 wrote: View Post

I just figured out why the Fighting Spirit Green Ranger comes with a Putty. Mix n match a few parts and boom. (forgot to remove that dagger sheath.)

Ok not for real, but this is totally doable with 1 set.

https://i.imgur.com/EUmQ5kN.jpg
and now i know what to do with 1 of my extra rangers. thank you for the idea!

but curious...putties didnt always have belts right? i remember some that just worse spandex....
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:54 AM #3613
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

TheDub wrote: View Post

but curious...putties didnt always have belts right? i remember some that just worse spandex....
In most original footage, they lack belts. Not all US scenes lack a belt.

The belt was omitted from the later Z-Putty design.

This may've been a content concern, since pentagrams were a no-no. In this Zyuranger shot, the table was painted over with static to hide the shape.

Old August 14th, 2019, 10:58 AM #3614
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

With all due respect but... Why are you guys wasting time and money with the Lightning Collection? I mean, for all I'm seeing in the thread there seems to be some serious QC issues in most of the figures and you guys are even going into the trouble of going to all the process of replacing figures, looking for the "most decent ones" or even repainting them yourselves.

As it's not meant to be an offense to anyone nor trying to say things like "ya wasting money 4 dis?" just trying to understand why keep up with a line that's seems to be... Defective.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 11:01 AM #3615
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

PMK wrote: View Post

Looking back through earlier posts now, I see that no one's Morpher is painted. I wonder if the stock GameStop received was a rush job and the rest of the pre-orders set to come in through October will be better.
No the material Hasbro provided never showed a painted morpher. There was no intention to paint the morpher unlike the others.

The factory that makes these figures needs to slow down on the paint job or clean their nozzles. It's like they shoot out too little paint or sputter. Also it's clear to me that however they are aligning the figures needs some serious adjustment. Finally they need a new gloss/protector. In that case if nixing the heads funds fixing the factory equipment, okay then i'm on board.

As someone earlier stated. Look Hasbro does some good work they have consistent errors in the paint department beyond he LC.

For me I can fix these paint issues but the customer shouldn't have to.

Now as to why people are buying the figures.
People don't tend to post about something not being wrong.
Many of the paint issues so far are inconsistent. Some folks don't mind. Honestly the issues with my figures I'd generally ignore if I wasn't a product designer with an airbrush. Just because I have criticisms doesn't mean I hate the figures. Also it helps it's a $20 figure and not 50/60 like say the HotToys line.

Still voice complaints.

Speaking of Hot Toy's.......when are we getting those?

Last edited by DesignIncase; August 14th, 2019 at 11:06 AM.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 11:02 AM #3616
> PMK
Power Ranger

PMK
Power Ranger

It sounds like there's a lot of confusion surrounding the Goldar pre-orders. I pre-ordered my in store and put down a deposit. I wanted to see if I could check the status of my order on-line, but I tried all of the numbers on the receipt and none seemed be the correct order confirmation number.
Old August 14th, 2019, 11:11 AM #3617
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

With all due respect but... Why are you guys wasting time and money with the Lightning Collection? I mean, for all I'm seeing in the thread there seems to be some serious QC issues in most of the figures and you guys are even going into the trouble of going to all the process of replacing figures, looking for the "most decent ones" or even repainting them yourselves.

As it's not meant to be an offense to anyone nor trying to say things like "ya wasting money 4 dis?" just trying to understand why keep up with a line that's seems to be... Defective.
Despite PR's long history of collecting, the majority of existing figures are cheaply produced and have terrible sculpts. Of course there are exceptions, but for every Jungle Fury, or Mystic Knights, or Beetleborgs, there's a dozen Powerful Rangers. That includes the previous Legacy line.

Super Legends was a great concept, but it had the worst timing. The immediate response to SL was a lot like Lightning, but then the line died. People were excited to finally have modern figures for classic characters. People were excited to finally have a show accurate MMPR Pink! (eleven years ago...)

We've since had Figuarts, which raised the bar in almost every conceivable way. Then Sentai Figuarts died. People have grown even more hungry for figures in that scale with simmilar articulation.

Lightning is the least compromised, most consistent group of cross-series figures we've ever had. The 15th anniversary Rangers were consistent, but terrible. Figuarts were very team-oriented, and people not preemptively buying into teams killed the line. That approach doesn't work for PR.

Yes, there are issues, but people are willing to tapdance around them because they want more characters in this scale, and the price:value offering is pretty strong here.
Old August 14th, 2019, 11:38 AM #3618
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Despite PR's long history of collecting, the majority of existing figures are cheaply produced and have terrible sculpts. Of course there are exceptions, but for every Jungle Fury, or Mystic Knights, or Beetleborgs, there's a dozen Powerful Rangers. That includes the previous Legacy line.

Super Legends was a great concept, but it had the worst timing. The immediate response to SL was a lot like Lightning, but then the line died. People were excited to finally have modern figures for classic characters. People were excited to finally have a show accurate MMPR Pink! (eleven years ago...)

We've since had Figuarts, which raised the bar in almost every conceivable way. Then Sentai Figuarts died. People have grown even more hungry for figures in that scale with simmilar articulation.

Lightning is the least compromised, most consistent group of cross-series figures we've ever had. The 15th anniversary Rangers were consistent, but terrible. Figuarts were very team-oriented, and people not preemptively buying into teams killed the line. That approach doesn't work for PR.

Yes, there are issues, but people are willing to tapdance around them because they want more characters in this scale, and the price:value offering is pretty strong here.
I disagree about why figuarts failed. The average person wants teams (look at the backlash bandai got for unfinishing teams)

The problem is that the average person isnt going to spend $40+ on a power rangers figure thatís non mmpr.

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

And then make excuses for hasbro but blew their shit at bandai
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 11:47 AM #3619
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

I disagree about why figuarts failed. The average person wants teams (look at the backlash bandai got for unfinishing teams)

The problem is that the average person isnt going to spend $40+ on a power rangers figure thatís non mmpr.
When teams get announced, some people hold off on purchasing because they're afraid of a partial release, and it becomes self-fulfilling. They would rather wait for all 5/6 to reach market. Buying one at a time is seen as risky.

Hasbro has figured that out, by not showing or promising all MMPR they've forced the hand of people who would rather wait. Hasbro is more concerned with the security of the line, not the security of collectors who have 3/5 Rangers on a shelf. They know you still want those figures. They know their line will survive past a year.

Bandai tried 18 different ways of selling you teams within a year. Every single attempt was a failure. Boukenger 2 pack was a failure, they flooded the market with poor selling Legacy figures, even Gokaiger was a hard sell because the girls were webshop exclusive and too expensive.

What's the secret sauce for selling teams that aren't MMPR?
Old August 14th, 2019, 12:02 PM #3620
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

People STILL overestimate the demand for Sentai and even more so Power Rangers. Look at Kamen Rider. It's a prime example of how niche the area is. We went from having almost every figure made to some degree to them cherry-picking figures... showing them off and never making them or putting them as exclusives. The demand just isn't there like for higher wants... i.e. Star Wars, Avengers and other profitable markets.

If Rider has trouble selling... then Sentai is going to have an even harder time.

Tags
super epic legacy legends