Menu

Old August 12th, 2019, 12:28 PM #3501
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

I don't.

It's like the glut of Solaris Knight figures that don't represent Solaris Knight, or don't scale with his team. None of them "took away from" a proper 5" figure. Different lines have different R&D teams. By your logic, I should be mad at Jenji for taking away a SKU and budget.

This is where Bandai apologists regarding G/S fail to understand everyone else. I'm a consumer, my opinion isn't shaped by me playing accountant, I don't have to step back and appreciate why Bandai failed. They failed when it came to logistics, and they failed when it came to optics. Their mistakes don't warrant constant excusing.
That is literally not my logic at all. In fact, quite the opposite. You shouldn't be "mad at" an action figure at all. It's an inanimate object.

If you want to just rage about Bandai, that's fine and all, but don't act surprised or insulted when people on an internet discussion board respond to your raw emotion with an attempt to explain where and why they failed. You may not want to "play accountant" in that regard but your desire not to do so doesn't outweigh any other poster's ability to respond to your posts in a manner that does. And when a post does attempt to break down where and why they feel Bandai failed in response to your post, it doesn't mean they are being an apologist and it doesn't mean that they are telling you that you're "not allowed" to feel like Bandai is one giant fail. They're just expressing their opinion.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 12:39 PM #3502
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

I can also play accountant, without the built in apologetics. That's what I did a few posts prior.

This is my last post on the topic for now, because It feels like you're intentionally misinterpreting my posts for the sake of argument, and you probably feel the same way about me. I'm not saying anyone should shut up, or stop giving their opinions. I didn't put those words in your mouth.

Bandai's logistics and optics were absolute trash. They deserve every ounce of criticism, even when it's misplaced. Trying to explain away their issues, as a counter-point to the frustration of fans, misses the entire point of why they're frustrated. "But logistics" actually makes it worse. This is where optics comes into play, this shit only makes the optics worse.

Defend their logistics all you want, but their optics are indefensible, and fan apologetics only make the optics look worse. Like, wow, Bandai was this bad, that it takes a degree in marketing to appreciate why I don't have a Pink Ranger? Did they hire zero publicists?
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 01:42 PM #3503
> Jangonate
Power Ranger

Jangonate
Power Ranger

Sooo...haven't seen many posts about Walgreens Wave 2 finds. Are we still only seeing these in California? So much suspense on the East Coast and I had to cancel Pulse orders to take care of some unforeseen expenses before I get paid later this week.
Jangonate is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 02:01 PM #3504
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

No, they've arrived from Texas, to Oklahoma and Arkansas. I'm in Missouri and haven't seen them yet, however.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 02:04 PM #3505
> Judge Joker
#PureEvilBaby

Judge Joker
#PureEvilBaby

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

It's like the glut of Solaris Knight figures that don't represent Solaris Knight, or don't scale with his team. None of them "took away from" a proper 5" figure. Different lines have different R&D teams. By your logic, I should be mad at Jenji for taking away a SKU and budget.
I still want to know what the thinking was here, especially when the sixth rangers never had this treatment neither before nor after Solaris. Was it because the first line of Mystic Light figures had eight figures (the rangers, ESA, Koragg and Christmas Koragg), which I believe is at least one more than usual, or something else?
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 02:21 PM #3506
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

Judge Joker wrote: View Post

I still want to know what the thinking was here, especially when the sixth rangers never had this treatment neither before nor after Solaris. Was it because the first line of Mystic Light figures had eight figures (the rangers, ESA, Koragg and Christmas Koragg), which I believe is at least one more than usual, or something else?
But then you had Christmas Koragg, rather than an actual release of the show-accurate red Wolf Warrior. And Udonna never got a figure. And the Centaurus Wolf Megazord wasn't released in America. That whole season's toy line was a mess.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 02:25 PM #3507
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Yet we got a weird, decapitated Jenji...

Yeah, the whole line was a mess. And it's not like it was the cape that was a problem. And if you look at the MagiShine/Skarpet set, that was pretty much a Bandai America style figure.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 02:28 PM #3508
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Posted by Ryan Vallee on PRTBS: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1463...5688672022202/

Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 12th, 2019, 02:30 PM #3509
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Judge Joker wrote: View Post

Me wonders if the "Knight vs. Light" promotion fell through.

Old August 12th, 2019, 02:34 PM #3510
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

The discrepancy between the straight yellow-gold of the Goldar figure and the warmer, buttery "gold" of the packaging kind of bugs me.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 02:45 PM #3511
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

At least the gold plastic matches the gold plastic.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 12th, 2019, 03:23 PM #3512
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

For some reason Gamestops' site shows Goldar as available to order but if you try to check out, they remove it from your cart.
Kylash327 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 04:01 PM #3513
> AkaCornSnackEtc
14 Days :(

AkaCornSnackEtc

Is it me or is Goldar a bit...Legacy Zeo Gold looking?
AkaCornSnackEtc is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 04:33 PM #3514
> TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

Yep, got a email from GameStop saying that my Lightning Collection Goldar has shipped and Iíll be getting it by Friday.
TZKBTJ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 04:46 PM #3515
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

AkaCornSnackEtc wrote: View Post

Is it me or is Goldar a bit...Legacy Zeo Gold looking?
Guess you missed the cheese dragon shield on red and green. Thats the standard gold that hasbro is using for this line.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 04:59 PM #3516
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

Look I don't work for Hasbro. I don't know their budget or how much a particular part cost them. Maybe a head prevents Shadow Ranger from getting red bands. Maybe it doesn't. I will point out that likeness rights are going to be way cheaper for most of these actors. Part of that is likely factored into the contracts they had with Saban and Disney.

Tacky?

Yes I do believe that if they release a Dinosteel DC red ranger it would be tacky. The difference is an arm. Not even the whole arm. They could make a flexible sleeve like the belts/vests. Armored MMPR Black I don't think is tacky because the dragon armor covers the arms and torso. Additionally we don't have a regular LC MMPR Black.

The comparison to Marvel Legends depends. Scarlet Spider vs Black suit Spider-man vs PS4 Spider-man off enough differences to not be tacky. I wish they didn't use the exact same mold but different enough. Though there have been figures where I rolled my eyes at the lack of a difference. Still far more work then a sleeve.

Neca Kratos they had the one with an axe. But he had only one open hand. They released a second version with two hands plus the blades of Chaos. It also came with Boi. If it wasn't for all that I would have considered it tacky if he was the same price but with the blades.

Now as to all these special rangers and non show material. Again there are plenty of figures for Hasbro with just the show. On their release schedule it's going to be a few years before they get through them. So come on, don't act like Hasbro has like a year and then the power rangers vanish.

Bandai dropped the ball. They had bigger QC issues. They lacked important features. Their trying to guilt buyers into getting the female figures was disgusting.

Hasbro isn't getting the same flack yet even with the QC issues because they've provided a diverse range of figures. It helps that I don't have whole teams.

As to whole teams. Some people want select colors and others want whole teams. I want whole teams. I think Hasbro needs to provide enough incentive to get whole teams without trying to pull BAF nonsense.

"Is it me or is Goldar a bit...Legacy Zeo Gold looking?"

Honestly there are many shades of gold. If his shell is like Green Ranger. The gold looks more yellow in certain lighting and it doesn't capture the metallic sheen. Butterscotch ranger had no metallic sheen to him. He was a dull butterscotch color.

Okay no more of that other stuff, how about them wave 3 prospects.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 05:09 PM #3517
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Goldar's suit isn't the same colour as Zeo Gold though. He should be an orange-gold. The most popular paint I see being used for his HotG miniature is GW's Auric Armour Gold. Cheese paint.

DesignIncase wrote: View Post

Okay no more of that other stuff, how about them wave 3 prospects.
How bout that RPM crossover?
Old August 12th, 2019, 05:14 PM #3518
> AkaCornSnackEtc

AkaCornSnackEtc

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Guess you missed the cheese dragon shield on red and green. Thats the standard gold that hasbro is using for this line.
Yet white got great gold.

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining.
AkaCornSnackEtc is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 05:24 PM #3519
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger

Utomowatch
Power Ranger

Because the gold of dragon armor is different than the gold on white ranger armor in-show?
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 05:31 PM #3520
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

AkaCornSnackEtc wrote: View Post

Yet white got great gold.
He's also not made entirely of gold and is, like, the most popular Power Ranger in the franchise. So priorities are obviously going to be different.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends