Home Menu

Menu

Old August 12th, 2019, 06:00 AM #3481
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Wow, Nate's face in the LC toy is hideous. It almost looks like he's using lipstick or something.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 06:13 AM #3482
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger

Utomowatch
Power Ranger

tbf that's show accurate
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 07:27 AM #3483
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

They could release Dino Steel variants, but it seems unlikely until they cover a lot of other ground first. There are over 150 Rangers and Ranger-like allies/extra heroes. Dino Charge isn't MMPR. No other season is MMPR, really. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything else to get variants really quick when there are so many other unique characters to make.

If Hasbro does start running low on characters to make, I'd almost expect to start seeing battlizers before things like Dino Steel or Lights of Orion or Super Dino modes. Reds tend to sell better, and the battlizer armor and gear would probably make for a strong selling point.

Slimmer is the word you're looking for. Slimer is the Ghostbuster's little green friend.
Oh, I know it will be after the regular ones. Like I said, the toyline, even if big, is limited, so for me, that's a reason to release DC in the various modes. Not only Dino Steel, but Dino Drive too. They might be released in 9 years from now, but I see them as a possibility.

Thanks for correcting, I knew it seemed off.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 08:23 AM #3484
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

I always thought the BM gold ranger looks like he has fake armor, but the GB suit looks better more natural. I'm so excited for the Psycho Rangers, I'm glad I held out on buying the legacy versions. I was so close to buying them at an EBgames and told my self to wait we might get lightning versions. I hope hasbro gives us a complete team and doesn't pull a bandai on us.

I found it rather strange that they made non-exisiting/exclusive characters first before completing the main Psycho Ranger team.
Dyl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 08:57 AM #3485
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Dyl wrote: View Post

I found it rather strange that they made non-exisiting/exclusive characters first before completing the main Psycho Ranger team.
You aren't allowed to have that opinion. If you dislike Psycho Green and "Psycho Silver", you should keep quiet and ignore them. It's not like they took away Pink, they didn't kill your dog. Be happy we get nice things!!!! (that's commentary, for the kids at home)

Strange is one way of putting it.

Hasbro isn't tonedeaf. I have total faith repurchasing Psychos that I won't have two incomplete sets. Not every team needs to be previewed in full a la Figuarts, and the anthology approach of Lightning gives so much more flexibility. We aren't locked into a half team, until that half team sells through.

Bandai exhausted their good will. Hasbro has done a lot to build consumer trust in a few short months. Even before we had product, we had that Goldar gif. Whole new day!

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; August 12th, 2019 at 09:05 AM.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 09:05 AM #3486
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Bandai exhausted their good will. Hasbro has done a lot to build consumer trust in a few short months.
should hasbro take a stab at doing some of those Bandai-USA only figures like the Jungle Fury Spirit Masters or even the RPM Mammoth-Tyranno-Tricera(?) rangers before some other stuff like comics-only (Drakkon, Omegas, etc)?
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 12th, 2019, 09:18 AM #3487
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

bearytrek wrote: View Post

should hasbro take a stab at doing some of those Bandai-USA only figures like the Jungle Fury Spirit Masters or even the RPM Mammoth-Tyranno-Tricera(?) rangers before some other stuff like comics-only (Drakkon, Omegas, etc)?
You mean the JF Spirit Rangers, with black stripes?

There's a case to be made for the comic Rangers, because they have a dedicated and growing fanbase. People cosplay as Ranger Slayer, people have Drakkon tattoos. Omega Rangers continue to generate buzz. There's passion there, and it's a growing part of the fandom.

The people who care enough about Paleomax Rangers are the sort who would buy any Ranger figure. I don't see Hasbro catering to the niche, at least not for a while.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 12th, 2019, 09:39 AM #3488
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

There's a case to be made for the comic Rangers, because they have a dedicated and growing fanbase. People cosplay as Ranger Slayer, people have Drakkon tattoos. Omega Rangers continue to generate buzz. There's passion there, and it's a growing part of the fandom.

The people who care enough about Paleomax Rangers are the sort who would buy any Ranger figure. I don't see Hasbro catering to the niche, at least not for a while.
as someone in that "niche" i agree. i dont see hasbro even considering them as choices. the fan base would really have to speak up at cons and on social media for them to be made and i just dint see that happening. most fans want actual rangers made first. after teams are starting to get completed who knows? they need to keep making rangers if they want to keep making money, but the closer they get to finishing the more people will say, "i got what i wanted im done."
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 10:45 AM #3489
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

Yep. There is enough in the expanded universe at the moment (with the TV series, films and comics) to fill out the line for some time to come. The PR exclusive Rangers (like the JF Spirit Rangers) I could see at some point because they did appear in the show, but if they ever did the toy-only Rangers, that would hopefully be far, far down the line (if ever).

On the other hand, if they want to make new toy exclusive Rangers in the core lines rather than LC, I'm not against that. At worst, it ends up being a shelf warmer and custom fodder. At best, hey, we get an intriguing looking "new" Ranger figure and some accessories.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 10:46 AM #3490
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Bandai also called this a weapon...
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....3L._SY679_.jpg
And I'm not referring to the boulders stuck to her chest.
Im referring strictly to the mmpr line since thatís the only legacy line with weapons.

The green rangerís weapons are better painted on legacy, and you can actually hold them with both hands.
DesignIncase wrote: View Post

I don't think removing the heads is going fix these QC issues. The problem with some of the heads is a result of trying to make models off like LQ pictures from the 90's. In contrast the newer actors they have HQ pics of if not getting head scans. The heads are not holding them back. If they nixed them, you'd have the exact same product but without a human head.
Sculpt wise, folks go look at their marvel legends line. These same issues pop up over there. This is Hasbro in general and not specifically this line.

Now weapons wise. Once we get past MMPR, there isn't much to compare to with Legacy. I'd say Hasbro got MMPR's power sword better. Black and Pink seem to be about equal.

I personally like the heads. I do think they should maybe try to be less accurate and had some humanity back to it. I'd rather have a Boom comics Jason esque face then trying to be 100% accurate to the actor.
Though going forward with new teams I could see them bring in the actors for a 3D head scan session.

I think the inclusion of heads gives them reasons to cut corners elsewhere. Like those tiny ass morphers. Or the cheesey gold.
coagulants wrote: View Post

I haven't stated this opinion yet since I've felt like I would be in the vast minority, but I find almost no value in the human heads. I do appreciate the effort, but I will never display them un-helmeted. And for as much money and time that is spent on Hasbro's part (technology, actor likeness rights), I can't help but think of what kind of extra paint apps, sculpt and weapons quality, etc. we could be getting instead.
The heads dont even look good anyways. Tommyís look the best, Jason is ok at most, Kim is a disaster.

Last edited by mmprfan09; August 12th, 2019 at 10:51 AM.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 11:04 AM #3491
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

AkaBunnyUnicorn wrote: View Post

Yep. There is enough in the expanded universe at the moment (with the TV series, films and comics) to fill out the line for some time to come. The PR exclusive Rangers (like the JF Spirit Rangers) I could see at some point because they did appear in the show, but if they ever did the toy-only Rangers, that would hopefully be far, far down the line (if ever).
It goes back to the insulting, tonedeaf decisions from Bandai. It would be absurd for "Triceratops Ranger" to get a figure before Ziggy. Nobody has an emotional attachment to the Triceratops Ranger.

People are still salty about Psycho Green and Psycho Silver because those suits don't resonate, and the Psycho with the most impact is still AWOL.
Old August 12th, 2019, 11:23 AM #3492
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

You aren't allowed to have that opinion. If you dislike Psycho Green and "Psycho Silver", you should keep quiet and ignore them. It's not like they took away Pink, they didn't kill your dog. Be happy we get nice things!!!! (that's commentary, for the kids at home)

Strange is one way of putting it.
Being a little dramatic, aren't we?

I'm 99.9% sure that any supposed suppression of your opinions on the Psycho Green and Psycho Silver figures looked a lot more like:

"They're con exclusives. You know people would be upset if they released Pink and Yellow as con exclusives. These are the kind of figures that should be released in this manner because they're figures that not everyone wants"
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 11:24 AM #3493
> Pixelboy
Paleo Fan

Pixelboy
Paleo Fan

I like the idea behind the human heads, but I'd never use them for display. If one-of-a kind statues in wax museums can't do it without being terrifying, $20.00 toys definitely can't.

No need for comic-exclusive characters yet, if you ask me, stick to the suits from the actual show first. We've basically never gotten good PR figures before now, so there's a lot of catching up to be done, so to speak.
Pixelboy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 11:25 AM #3494
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

Being a little dramatic, aren't we?

I'm 99.9% sure that any supposed suppression of your opinions on the Psycho Green and Psycho Silver figures looked a lot more like:

"They're con exclusives. You know people would be upset if they released Pink and Yellow as con exclusives. These are the kind of figures that should be released in this manner because they're figures that not everyone wants"
Intentionally dramatic, yes. That's why I added two emojis and the extra clarification in parentheses.

I'm taking shots at people who say "you aren't allowed to be upset because they didn't take away your Pink and Yellow".
Old August 12th, 2019, 11:26 AM #3495
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Intentionally dramatic, yes. That's why I added two emojis and the extra clarification in parentheses.

I'm taking shots at people who say "you aren't allowed to be upset because they didn't take away your Pink and Yellow".
Has anyone ever actually said "you aren't allowed to be upset"...?
Old August 12th, 2019, 11:29 AM #3496
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

I still dont understand what stopped bandai from just repainting silver/green as pink and yellow when they had all of 2018 to do so.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 11:29 AM #3497
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Has anyone ever actually said "you aren't allowed to be upset"...?
I should can the hyperbole, because it's not helping.

People arguing in favour of "you should appreciate the logistics" when defending Silver and Green implicitly devalue the feeling others put forward, of being burned. That aspect, feeling, isn't quantifiable, but Hasbro's done a lot to improve how people feel about buying PR figures.

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

I still dont understand what stopped bandai from just repainting silver/green as pink and yellow when they had all of 2018 to do so.
They had two deals for con exclusives, planned for more Legacy waves, then lost the license.

Their plans for Yellow and Pink involved unique tooling for female sculpts and they didn't make molds.

Bandai tried to bargain with fans, if they cleared Legacy females from shelves they would release Pink and Yellow. Retailers didn't want more girls. That probably impacts Lightning, and Kimberly's distribution.

Their short game sucked, their long game sucked, they put the cart before the horse with Psycho and Space Silver, and they grossly overestimated demand with several products.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; August 12th, 2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old August 12th, 2019, 11:38 AM #3498
> Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

I usually have a problem buying an entire team of rangers, because theyíre all essentially the same toy with different heads and weapons. The Psychos didnít even have different helmets. Thatís why I only bought one. Itís why I used to only buy blue rangers. Now Iím gonna stick to favorite characters.
Larry Koopa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 11:44 AM #3499
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

I should can the hyperbole, because it's not helping.

People arguing in favour of "you should appreciate the logistics" when defending Silver and Green implicitly devalue the feeling others put forward, of being burned. That aspect, feeling, isn't quantifiable, but Hasbro's done a lot to improve how people feel about buying PR figures.
But there weren't really any people who were happy overall with the way the Bandai Psychos were handled. They only made 3 of the core 5 team. Of course they screwed that up and people should be upset about that.

I don't think its wrong to point out that complaining about Green/Silver is misplaced anger though. Releasing P/Y as con exclusives was never a viable option and people would have been pissed if that was the only way to get them - and rightfully so. Bandai absolutely screwed the fans by not releasing all 5 Psychos to retail, but I'm not sure replacing Psycho G/S as con exclusives with some other Green, White or Red MMPR variant would have helped that situation.

The Psycho Green and Silver figures are what they are - cool little deep dives that were available at a convention. I find it hard to get on Bandai for making them.
Old August 12th, 2019, 11:59 AM #3500
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

I find it hard to get on Bandai for making them.
I don't.

It's like the glut of Solaris Knight figures that don't represent Solaris Knight, or don't scale with his team. None of them "took away from" a proper 5" figure. Different lines have different R&D teams. By your logic, I should be mad at Jenji for taking away a SKU and budget.

This is where Bandai apologists regarding G/S fail to understand everyone else. I'm a consumer, my opinion isn't shaped by me playing accountant, I don't have to step back and appreciate why Bandai failed. They failed when it came to logistics, and they failed when it came to optics. Their mistakes don't warrant constant excusing.

Tags
super epic legacy legends