Old August 11th, 2019, 05:28 PM #3461
> Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

TheSentaiGuy wrote: View Post

This guy?
https://i.imgur.com/muxAoao.jpg

In which case you'd probably cut off the morpher and put it on LC Green.
HOLY SHIT thats easily the best red ranger helmet sculpt, miles ahead of any of the officially licensed products.
Tyrannozord27 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 05:28 PM #3462
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

I wonder how much of the budget is going towards building a collection of Ranger glove hands, over multiple waves.

For example, Beast Morpher Gold includes his horn pose. That element that can be reused for the core 5 Mystic Force Ranger. It saves Hasbro having to sculpt that element, and that gives the budget for Mystic Force a little more wiggle room.

Prioritizing generic open hands only takes away from specific weapons and tooling, when it's already rocky. You'll be able to swap hands later. I'm hurting for some closed fists, but I know they're coming.

kibapower wrote: View Post

I'd say the same for Legacy's ball joint wrist, which did get loose and broke off on one of mines.
Wrists do that. Figuarts, Legacy, Lightning, I've even broken my actual fleshy wrist. Legacy female wrists strike a great balance between robust and versatile.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 05:32 PM #3463
> Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

TheSentaiGuy wrote: View Post

This guy?
https://i.imgur.com/muxAoao.jpg

In which case you'd probably cut off the morpher and put it on LC Green.
Where can I get these. I was gonna 3d print a legacy helmet file but a perfectly suitable replacement already exists
Tyrannozord27 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 05:35 PM #3464
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

For example, Beast Morpher Gold includes his horn pose. That element that can be reused for the core 5 Mystic Force Ranger. It saves Hasbro having to sculpt that element, and that gives the budget for Mystic Force a little more wiggle room.
BING BONG! The only place I ever recalled Beet Buster actually ever doing that hand was when he was literally sitting inside MagiKing saying "This feels like home" during the Gokai VS Go-Busters movie. I definitely thought it was an odd inclusion for the figure.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 05:38 PM #3465
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

Wrists do that. Figuarts, Legacy, Lightning, I've even broken my actual fleshy wrist. Legacy female wrists strike a great balance between robust and versatile.
That Legacy figure was the first, those and several other Legacy joints weren't good for long term flexibility. The cuff looks good but the ball piece elongated the hand area. Lightning is closed off and I can swap out various hands types if need be.

Pros and cons to each, really.

Last edited by kibapower; August 11th, 2019 at 05:43 PM.
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 05:45 PM #3466
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Xenotome wrote: View Post

BING BONG! The only place I ever recalled Beet Buster actually ever doing that hand was when he was literally sitting inside MagiKing saying "This feels like home" during the Gokai VS Go-Busters movie. I definitely thought it was an odd inclusion for the figure.
It's been a while, but I think you're mistaken. From his debut:

I definitely remember it cropping up other times, before the explicit Magi reference.

kibapower wrote: View Post

Pros and cons to each, really.
Absolutely. I'm not trying to say "Legacy is better". That line didn't spark my interest, or keep my attention, or spark my creativity. That's all on Lightning. There's just some things Legacy did better.

It helps that Lightning is this perfect intermediary between other lines.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; August 11th, 2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old August 11th, 2019, 05:47 PM #3467
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

It's been a while, but I think you're mistaken. From his debut:

https://i.ibb.co/hCYKChC/Screen-Shot...8-40-28-PM.png

I definitely remember it cropping up other times, before the explicit Magi reference.
So basically they watched a lot of Sentai footage, assumed it'd be carried over to BM and it has (so far) not...
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 06:05 PM #3468
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

So basically they watched a lot of Sentai footage, assumed it'd be carried over to BM and it has (so far) not...
It'll be show accurate when they start burning through Go-Busters.

I think we both overlooked how frequent this pose occurred, because it's usually hidden.

When you look at the side view, it's clearly a different pose than Magiranger.

But Lightning Nate is doing the Magiranger M-pose.

Lightning Mystic Force confirmed. You heard it here first folks
Old August 11th, 2019, 06:34 PM #3469
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

It'll be show accurate when they start burning through Go-Busters.

I think we both overlooked how frequent this pose occurred, because it's usually hidden.

When you look at the side view, it's clearly a different pose than Magiranger.

https://i.ibb.co/tMDWc2t/Gold-Beast-...r-Ranger-1.png

But Lightning Nate is doing the Magiranger M-pose.

https://i.ibb.co/16xctyW/E5934-Power...2748-2000x.jpg

Lightning Mystic Force confirmed. You heard it here first folks
Wait a minute. Hear me out.

In Magiranger, Hiroya Matsumoto played MagiYellow.

In Go-Busters, he returned to play Beet Buster.

Now in Beast Morphers, his American counterpart is doing the Magiranger M-pose.

It comes full circle, baby.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 11th, 2019, 06:41 PM #3470
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

I don't want to be a thorn in your side. I don't have a chip on my shoulder. But what about Chip Thorn?

What if Ninja Steel holds the key? What if we get a belated adaptation of the MagiYellow episode but it's Nate with magical mantis powers.

So, like, what you said.
Old August 11th, 2019, 08:24 PM #3471
> Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

I think we didnít get DC redís weapon because it would necessitate an alternate arm.
Larry Koopa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 08:47 PM #3472
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

I think that Hasbro could release a Dino Steel variant for the main five with the personal weapon, since it was mostly used in that mode.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 08:54 PM #3473
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

Larry Koopa wrote: View Post

I think we didnít get DC redís weapon because it would necessitate an alternate arm.

They wouldn't have to make the alt arm. It doesn't prevent the weapon attachment with what we got.

As to releasing a Dino Steel variant. Personally I think it would be tacky to re-release the figures for some sleeves. With the vests/belt, they wouldn't even have to mold a new arm.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 09:22 PM #3474
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger

Utomowatch
Power Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Im starting to think the human head isnt worth the tradeoff. From what Ive seen, overall legacy seems to have the better figure. Bandai even has the better weapon.
*Figuarts is the better figure, Legacy SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

DesignIncase wrote: View Post

They wouldn't have to make the alt arm. It doesn't prevent the weapon attachment with what we got.

As to releasing a Dino Steel variant. Personally I think it would be tacky to re-release the figures for some sleeves. With the vests/belt, they wouldn't even have to mold a new arm.
See also: Pizza Spider-man, Spider UK, Wolverine, Deadpool and any bucky cap and superior variant.
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 09:34 PM #3475
> Sprocket
Power Ranger

Sprocket
Power Ranger

Silver Lining here: the morphers and belt are a separate flexible piece, so if Hasbro re-releases the MMPR team down the line (And they will, c'mon) there's a good chance it'd be easy enough for them to make new belts with morphers that don't look like they're just raised details on a belt, stunt suit accuracy or no.
Sprocket is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 09:53 PM #3476
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

DesignIncase wrote: View Post

I don't think it would de tacky. The thing about Power Rangers, and any series with a toyline per say, is that it has limited amount of things to release as toys. Specially in figures. Let's get this straight. The chances of seeing MOTW releases are slim, really slim. We might get some, sure, but still. Civilian rangers are even slimer, if that's a word, dunno. Taking in consideration that they want to keep selling Rangers, they will need to, at some point, do variants. Are they willing to do it? Well, we are getting a Black MMPR Ranger with the Dragon Shield, which was in one episode. Sure, it's MMPR, it will sell, but the fact that they are doing it, makes me think that they aren't tossing aside the idea of releasing different modes of the rangers, so yeah, I do think they will eventually start selling DC ranger in Dino Steel mode, just as I think they will release Dino Thunder ones with that other mode I forgot the name, or the LG rangers in Lights of Orion mode. They are releasing Zack with a shield and things in his arms. Dunno if you do, but if you think releasing the the DC rangers with DSteel is tacky, then that Zack release, should be seen as tacky for you too.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 10:19 PM #3477
> Destiny13777
Power Ranger

Destiny13777
Power Ranger

It's actually apart of his US pose too, he just does it with his right hand and not his left. Shame they just didn't make both sides.
Destiny13777 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 10:38 PM #3478
> Ainze
Power Ranger

Ainze
Power Ranger

I know this might not count to everyone, but itís in the titles. You literally see it every episode
Ainze is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 11:33 PM #3479
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger

Utomowatch
Power Ranger

LC effect parts usage

Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 12th, 2019, 12:42 AM #3480
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

I think that Hasbro could release a Dino Steel variant for the main five with the personal weapon, since it was mostly used in that mode.
They could release Dino Steel variants, but it seems unlikely until they cover a lot of other ground first. There are over 150 Rangers and Ranger-like allies/extra heroes. Dino Charge isn't MMPR. No other season is MMPR, really. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything else to get variants really quick when there are so many other unique characters to make.

If Hasbro does start running low on characters to make, I'd almost expect to start seeing battlizers before things like Dino Steel or Lights of Orion or Super Dino modes. Reds tend to sell better, and the battlizer armor and gear would probably make for a strong selling point.

Sprocket wrote: View Post

Silver Lining here: the morphers and belt are a separate flexible piece, so if Hasbro re-releases the MMPR team down the line (And they will, c'mon) there's a good chance it'd be easy enough for them to make new belts with morphers that don't look like they're just raised details on a belt, stunt suit accuracy or no.
Hasbro could make a new belt, sure, but what's their motivation to do so? The figures are going to sell regardless. Why would they put extra effort (and funds) into making new belts for re-releases or variants?

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

Civilian rangers are even slimer, if that's a word, dunno.
Slimmer is the word you're looking for. Slimer is the Ghostbuster's little green friend.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends