Home Menu

Menu

Old August 10th, 2019, 08:04 AM #3401
> Rainboy
Region Rat

Rainboy
Region Rat

Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

They're not talking about the joint, but the bit of scraped off plastic nearer the top. Like it was the injection point that's been trimmed too much.
Oh, I see. My husband collects the Hasbro SW Black Series, so minor defects like this are just something I've come to expect from Hasbro. :/
Rainboy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 10th, 2019, 08:36 AM #3402
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

So have the two-packs only arrived to people who bought through Gamestop so far? I'm not expecting mine before later in the month since it was ordered for me off Hasbro Pulse, but I'm just curious if any other orders have arrived yet.

Rainboy wrote: View Post

Oh, I see. My husband collects the Hasbro SW Black Series, so minor defects like this are just something I've come to expect from Hasbro. :/
*hugs my Star Wars Black Series Darth Vader*

Shhh, don't listen to that person on the internet, you're perfect and I love you just the way you are.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 10th, 2019, 09:26 AM #3403
> OutlawRockman
Power Ranger

OutlawRockman
Power Ranger

Little good news/bad news when I went shopping today. Found the Legacy Armored Red Ranger at GameStop for $10 and itís in great shape. No paint defects or weird bends in the legs. They also had the normal red, pink, yellow, and blue discounted as well, so I was tempted to pick them up to make the megazord (if I could find black).

Bad news is the only Fighting Spirit double pack was like a winning bingo card for problems. The morpher was shifted like other people have seen, the silver on the mouth seemed like it wasnít fully painted, one eyebrow on the civilian head looked barely there, the knee had a chunk missing, the boot on the left foot had so little gold where the ring should be that you could clearly see the green diamond underneath, and there was a splotch of gold paint in the center of a green diamond on that same boot. The Putty was perfect, but I had to put the set back on the shelf since I wanted the green ranger more than the putty and couldnít ignore all the errors. Civilian heads I didnít care about, and the coin I could live with, but the rest was just poor QC hands down.

Iím so glad Iíve been more active on these message boards in the last few months. Besides the fun banter and what ifs, if it wasnít for you guys Iíd have never known to look for defects and be kicking myself for buying a $40 package that hit all my mental ticks.

Last edited by OutlawRockman; August 10th, 2019 at 09:32 AM.
OutlawRockman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 09:38 AM #3404
> Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

The mouth plate and translucent gold rings are gonna be a problem on every figure.
Larry Koopa is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 10:13 AM #3405
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Would anybody want a thrax figure? Hell, Ritaís whole family. Throw Rito into the mix.

Master vile and ivan ooze could share the same mold too. Sell master vile with ninjor and sell ivan ooze with a movie ranger.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 10:19 AM #3406
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger

Utomowatch
Power Ranger

So i saw a loghtspeed weapon compilations, damn they really should release a weapon pack
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 10:21 AM #3407
> grnrngr
VIP Ranger

eBay
grnrngr
VIP Ranger

eBay

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Master vile and ivan ooze could share the same mold too.
People are complaining about the inaccuracies of Ranger helmets and you want two different villains to share the same mold?

Well, screw it. Just paint the base Putty and use that for every figure!
grnrngr is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 10:49 AM #3408
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

grnrngr wrote: View Post

Get a Drag Queen on staff and they could make the entire line out of just contour,
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 11:30 AM #3409
> Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

I want to tell people how much I love your posts, so I need to know if itís pronounced zee-no-tohm, or zee-na-ta-me.
Larry Koopa is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 11:36 AM #3410
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Larry Koopa wrote: View Post

I want to tell people how much I love your posts, so I need to know if itís pronounced zee-no-tohm, or zee-na-ta-me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay4pwu630Vo?t=86
Old August 10th, 2019, 12:34 PM #3411
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

grnrngr wrote: View Post

People are complaining about the inaccuracies of Ranger helmets and you want two different villains to share the same mold?

Its not about what We want or dont want. Hasbro isnt going to keep making new molds over and over for villains.

If they recycle marvel legends molds, what makes pr an exception? Lol.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 12:41 PM #3412
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Its not about what We want or dont want. Hasbro isnt going to keep making new molds over and over for villains.

If they recycle marvel legends molds, what makes pr an exception? Lol.
Because you're suggesting they retool existing models to such an absurd degree that it defeats the purpose of even being a cost saver. Power Rangers has built ability to recycle molds across many Rangers in a given season and even some Rangers from different seasons. Applying that to characters like Vile & Ivan Ooze whose common feature seems to be "wears a coat" despite being on two very different builds is silly.
Old August 10th, 2019, 12:49 PM #3413
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

Most wont notice a generic boot or the same torso being reused since the decals are just a stamp.
This is why the main teams can get reused over. When it comes to the legs and arms, there are many teams that share the exact same design(solid color with do other detail).
The problem with villains is there isn't much to reuse. By all means reuse when they can, but Vile and Ooze for instance share no similarities. Now I do think we might see alternate designs to make use of molds. If they do certain monsters, they can really get away with it. Also with the vests they've been doing they can pull a Marvel Legends Ronin and reskin torsos.

King Sphinx is basically Zedd and Goldar parts.

But back to the rangers

If they stockpiled MMPR Green's legs. The only figure they couldn't reuse it for would be Mystic Force. Now the mold in general would cover almost all of the main team with the exception of MF. With MF that's assuming they don't stamp the black line on and go the Shadow Ranger route.

Right now without modification Hasbro can create the legs of almost all the rangers. The arms are similar. It's the torsos, belts, and heads that need tweaks. I also foresee them taking these molds and using them for Marvel legends.

It's no surprise they announce so many MMPR figures in a short period of time. The guys are all the same figure and I don't know how much MMPR deviates from them.

I personally think Hasbro is experimenting via power rangers because were aren't seeing the same torso joints. One figure was supposed to get it but they deviated to the standard from the prototype.

So if anything I expect more diverse molds as this it basically a testing ground.

Last edited by DesignIncase; August 10th, 2019 at 01:01 PM.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 05:21 PM #3414
> OutlawRockman
Power Ranger

OutlawRockman
Power Ranger

I agree with the idea that elements from Lightning Collection could be transplanted to Marvel Legends, but I donít think itís a two way street. Maybe they can copy/paste weapons and special effects, but I donít see a lot of body parts that can be quickly repurposed for Power Rangers. The accountants at Hasbro are going to be keeping a very close eye on the Lightning Collection for the human figures.

Megazords are a different story. Iím not up to date on current Transformers, but from what I recall as a child I think they could have overlap between the two franchises. Obviously you canít contour Optimus Prime and market it as the MMPR Megazord, but I think you can use a lot of the smaller moving parts and only need to machine heads and big parts.

Also, I am predicting a con exclusive two-pack of an event commemorative high detailed Optimus painted with the Megazordís colors and the MMPR Megazord painted with Primeís colors.
OutlawRockman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 05:28 PM #3415
> MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

Larry Koopa wrote: View Post

Xenotome for sure
MysteryRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 05:30 PM #3416
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

MysteryRanger wrote: View Post

Xenotome for sure
It's the language of the ancients, he'll soon learn it.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 05:41 PM #3417
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

If Udonna isn't in the cards for year one then I'm gonna be pissed. UDONNA & KORAGG TWO PACK!
Old August 10th, 2019, 05:50 PM #3418
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Xenotome wrote: View Post

If Udonna isn't in the cards for year one then I'm gonna be pissed. UDONNA & KORAGG TWO PACK!
Psycho Blue is slated for October. I'm sure 2019 still has surprises in store, but don't get your hopes up.

I have faith though. She's too prominent in the games. She's got a higher profile now than in 2006.

Shadow's body is just asking for Koragg armour.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 06:59 PM #3419
> FE21
PR Geek

FE21
PR Geek

Xenotome wrote: View Post

https://66.media.tumblr.com/bab2d806...17yqo1_250.gif

It's too good of a concept, they'll never do it.
FE21 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 07:12 PM #3420
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

With beast morphers red in hand, I feel that in terms of sculpt it beats the figuarts buster red (which was quite a dated figuart in 2012 *coughs*).
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends