Menu

Old August 9th, 2019, 02:28 PM #3381
> Dark_skies1031
Green Devastation

eBay
Dark_skies1031
Green Devastation

eBay

Okay, once the mouth piece was mentioned I went and checked mine and it is the same way. For some reason the edge was not painted.
Dark_skies1031 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2019, 02:56 PM #3382
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Might not be an oversight. Green Ranger has a more detailed helmet. The silver stripe is the most obvious, but that red diamond introduces an entirely new colour to the helmet. That slows down production, and raises prices.

It took a while for anyone to notice the gums, which says Hasbro made the right call on which paint to include and which to cut. Unlike Shadow, which is obviously missing paint.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2019, 03:09 PM #3383
> TheDreamMaster
Power Ranger

TheDreamMaster
Power Ranger

Anyone elseís Green Ranger seem like the head is a little loose? It doesnít flop around or anything, but I wanted to pull the head up some like on White to make the neck look a little longer, and it sort of catches where the head pops off, but in the helmet it doesnít feel snug either. I know this probably sounds confusing, but I guess the head doesnít seem to fit as tightly as the others so far.
TheDreamMaster is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2019, 04:04 PM #3384
> Dark_skies1031
Green Devastation

eBay
Dark_skies1031
Green Devastation

eBay

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Might not be an oversight. Green Ranger has a more detailed helmet. The silver stripe is the most obvious, but that red diamond introduces an entirely new colour to the helmet. That slows down production, and raises prices.

It took a while for anyone to notice the gums, which says Hasbro made the right call on which paint to include and which to cut. Unlike Shadow, which is obviously missing paint.
I agree, even though spirit green doesn't have a fully painted mouth piece it still painted quite well and I didn't even notice it until it was mentioned. Green turned out to be more detailed than I was expecting to be honest.

Now Shadow on the other hand, I don't like that all his silver accents are missing, the helmet logo, sword details, and the emblems on the shoulders. The silver makes all the other colors pop. I would love to fix mine, but I'm not sure how to fix the SPD logo on his helmet, its very small and I'd hate to mess up. I wouldn't want to have to get a new one because other than the missing silver, he has pretty much no paint flaws. Every other one I have seen doesn't look as good.

Last edited by Dark_skies1031; August 9th, 2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old August 9th, 2019, 04:52 PM #3385
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

The weird thing about Shadow is that the whole first wave felt like trial and error. Seeing what worked and what didnít.

Doesnít help that Shadow is one of the more detailed Rangers. While it was great that Shadow finally got released, bummer it was that testing phase.

Despite that, Shadow with his flaws is still probably my favorite figure so far besides Zeo Gold.

Last edited by Taichi; August 9th, 2019 at 04:59 PM.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 9th, 2019, 05:00 PM #3386
> mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

Taichi wrote: View Post

Yeah... the morpher is actually molded to the belt. The paint is off. At least from this photo. The whole paint transfer is shifted right. You can tell as the black part of the holster's edges are on the buckler edge.

https://i.imgur.com/VoKgRfF.jpg

Wow! :O
Seriously :/

Wow! Good eye! I didn't notice that.
Wished I would have looked at my spirit set I just picked up. Didn't bother to look at it as cashier was ringing me up.
Drove home and noticed two things missing

This is now 2 times I had a bad experience with this lightning collection and I'm beginning to think Bandai was better

Awesome pictures by the way sir
mike909 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2019, 05:09 PM #3387
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Thanks!

And damn mike... THAT SUCKS! Was it sealed? Like a factory error? The good thing is, you can contact Hasbro versus Bandai. As long as you have the receipt proving you bought it, it might not hurt to give them a shout.
Old August 9th, 2019, 06:48 PM #3388
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay

Hasbro is really good about replacing missing pcs if you show them the receipt and such. I've had multiple positive dealings with them.
Lord Zedd is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 9th, 2019, 06:51 PM #3389
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger

Utomowatch
Power Ranger

mike909 wrote: View Post

Wow! :O
Seriously :/

Wished I would have looked at my spirit set I just picked up. Didn't bother to look at it as cashier was ringing me up.
Drove home and noticed two things missing

https://i.imgur.com/H1kP41r.jpg

This is now 2 times I had a bad experience with this lightning collection and I'm beginning to think Bandai was better

Awesome pictures by the way sir
Conract hasbro, immediately
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2019, 07:12 PM #3390
> mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

It was factory sealed.
That's the first thing I looked at when I noticed the missing pieces.
Tape was factory sealed.

So got my new replacement after looking at the 4 they had in stock and this was the best of them.

Even this one has issues

Knee is either missing a chunk or it's the mold that has problems.

Face is looking likea gang member from MS13

Has part of the eyebrows missing/not painted

All the ones I looked at Also had the morpher issue

Last edited by mike909; August 9th, 2019 at 07:21 PM.
mike909 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2019, 07:23 PM #3391
> TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

TheSentaiGuy

Oh, I noticed the mouth ridge thing back during the production photos, but I didn't think people would care so I didn't bother bringing it up, that's funny.

Anyway, I ended up gluing the center of BM Red's harness to his back, and it's a million times better, waaaaaay less finicky. I've put him through his paces and there doesn't seem to be any drawbacks in terms of articulation. It's just one less moving piece, and keeps it in a consistently good looking position. I hope the same can be said for BM Gold, whenever I can find him.

Hang on, is the power morpher on Green not silver? Is it just the molded white and all the other details are painted? If so, is it the same way on SDCC Red and Pink?
TheSentaiGuy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2019, 07:49 PM #3392
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

I canít confirm Pink, but I would assume so. Only Greenís is white, but Redís is painted. But remember that Red is a Con release, so that would be expected. I wouldnít expect it on the retail version.

Itís one less application to put someplace else.

Or it went to his helmet... lol!
Old August 9th, 2019, 08:07 PM #3393
> Dark_skies1031
Green Devastation

eBay
Dark_skies1031
Green Devastation

eBay

Oh wow the morpher is all white! I can let this slide seeing as it is the spirit green ranger but I hope regular green when it's released isn't like that. I do however love the removable rubber shield, for me that's a plus. It could have been a better gold color but in person it looks good.

About shadow again. I agree that it was a bummer that they used him as almost a prototype of how to and not to paint these figures. He's one of the coolest looking rangers, but he is missing all of his silver paint but the silver that is there is just grey plastic. I guess it's time to locate some silver paint and see what I can do with him. On the other hand White Ranger and Zed turned out great. Strange..lol.

BTW, does anyone have Magna Defender yet? I'm very curious about his cape material.
Old August 9th, 2019, 08:42 PM #3394
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

I canít confirm Pink, but I would assume so. Only Greenís is white, but Redís is painted. But remember that Red is a Con release, so that would be expected. I wouldnít expect it on the retail version.

Itís one less application to put someplace else.

Or it went to his helmet... lol!

Regular release Green better have a gold morpher though, it like completes the look! Man, and with all those tiny details, I wouldn't even dare attempt to paint around them. Oh well I guess, suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
Old August 9th, 2019, 09:03 PM #3395
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

Well I stopped out at the closer of the three GameStops to me and shockingly walked out with this! I say shockingly because it was being held for another individual in the hold drawer, but there was a sticky note attached that said to only hold the item until August 8th, so they let me purchase it and damn do I feel ecstatic to finally add this to my collection.

My only real complaint with my set is that the silver from the Green Ranger's mouthpiece bleeds into the green of his helmet. I'm wondering if there's a way I could clean that up, but I'd hate to use the wrong shade of green and then royally screw up the figure. Any tips, hints or tricks are welcomed!

I also think the silver on the top of the helmet is a bit too wide, but other than that I'm impressed with the quality control this time around!

Here's a picture of my Green Rangers belt buckle for comparison sake. It is a bit off, but doesn't appear to be as bad as others I've seen on the net.

mike909 wrote: View Post

Knee is either missing a chunk or it's the mold that has problems.
I think it's the mold as mine also has the same issue.

Overall, I'd say this purchase was well worth it. Yes there are still some flaws, but I think Hasbro is doing an excellent job. And as long as they continue to go down this path of improvement, I'll continue to support this line.
Thunder is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2019, 09:15 PM #3396
> OriginalRanger1984
Power Ranger

eBay
OriginalRanger1984
Power Ranger

eBay

Mine literally has none of the issues discussed on this board. My mouth piece and morpher are painted flawlessly and my knee joint isnít missing a chunk. If I knew where to upload pics to link them here I would.
OriginalRanger1984 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2019, 09:23 PM #3397
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

OriginalRanger1984 wrote: View Post

Mine literally has none of the issues discussed on this board. My mouth piece and morpher are painted flawlessly and my knee joint isnít missing a chunk. If I knew where to upload pics to link them here I would.
https://imgur.com/

It's free, and you don't even have to make an account.
Old August 9th, 2019, 10:02 PM #3398
> OriginalRanger1984
Power Ranger

eBay
OriginalRanger1984
Power Ranger

eBay

Hopefully I did this right. Anyways I take back what I said about the knee. Itís there ever soo slightly. Nothing like what others have shown however. But the mouth and morpher are definitely right. Iíll inbox him tomorrow and get better pics.
Edit: Thanks for the help sentaiguy

OriginalRanger1984 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 07:19 AM #3399
> Rainboy
Region Rat

Rainboy
Region Rat

The knees aren't missing a chunk, that's just how the double jointed knees look on Hasbro figures, lol.
Rainboy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 07:48 AM #3400
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

They're not talking about the joint, but the bit of scraped off plastic nearer the top. Like it was the injection point that's been trimmed too much.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends