Menu

Old July 14th, 2019, 08:54 PM #621
> yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

TuxedoK wrote: View Post

Saw it today and over all enjoyed it.
Honestly the only thing that bothered me was at the end. The identity whole reveal by footage. Just didn't care for it.
On another note, I Feel like I'm gonna be seconding guessing everyone if they are a skrull or not now.
I'm a skrull, you're a skrull, we're all skrulls
yami senshi youkaiou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2019, 04:56 AM #622
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

yami senshi youkaiou wrote: View Post

I'm a skrull, you're a skrull, we're all skrulls
"...hey!"
Where's Kel Mitchell when you need him? XD
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2019, 08:36 PM #623
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

TuxedoK wrote: View Post

Saw it today and over all enjoyed it.
Honestly the only thing that bothered me was at the end. The identity whole reveal by footage. Just didn't care for it.
Felt the same when I saw it on Sunday. And even though there was the thing with Fury, think he can vouch as he would know about things. Thought the end scene would've been like this after seeing the guy with the data he had:

Tech guy: Hello. We talked earlier. I have information on some tech and info on Spider-Man, including his identity.

Mysterious guy: Thank you. My employer will be looking forward to this, and will send you money. This will come in handy. (Guy drops card as he walks away and close up on it and it says OSCORP).

Last edited by TuxedoK; July 24th, 2019 at 08:43 PM.
Dragonwolf Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2019, 08:44 PM #624
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay

I ended up seeing it again yesterday.
We had some free tickets that were bout to go out and it was the only movie we could see. (Well that or Crawl)

But it was interesting looking out for certain things after seeing it once.
TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2019, 08:08 PM #625
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

just hit a billion world-wide, the highest-grossing solo, individual Spider-Man film ever.
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2019, 09:49 PM #626
> leolim
Power Ranger

leolim
Power Ranger

Sony hasn't have a movie that reach one billion since Skyfall.
leolim is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2019, 04:29 AM #627
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

So glad it's a success. Hope Tom's contract will be extended. He is THE spiderman for me and i would love to see him joining the Avengers.
AdamPark62 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2019, 09:57 AM #628
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ Consider the fact now everything will going to leading to the Avengers Next, because we all now who Marvel everything culmitated in Avengers, and we had the plot with the Secret Invasion/Avengers Next and the others Marvel Movies...
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2019, 07:58 PM #629
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

I'm curious how they're going to resolve the post credits scene since there won't be a Spider-man movie till at least 2023 after phase four is over.

-Will they just brush it off like the "Blip" aftermath?

-will they pick up a few months(Few years in real life) after Parker's identity is revealed?

essentially the movie would be in a past bubble since Thor 4, Doctor Stranger 2, Eternals. Black Widow) have all been released but Spider-man 3 would still be a few months after the blip
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2019, 08:34 PM #630
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

I'm curious how they're going to resolve the post credits scene since there won't be a Spider-man movie till at least 2023 after phase four is over.

-Will they just brush it off like the "Blip" aftermath?

-will they pick up a few months(Few years in real life) after Parker's identity is revealed?

essentially the movie would be in a past bubble since Thor 4, Doctor Stranger 2, Eternals. Black Widow) have all been released but Spider-man 3 would still be a few months after the blip
It wouldn't really be hard. I mean Doctor Strange took place before the present of the MCU at the time. And with movies like Eternals, Thour, Black Widow(maybe), and even Doctor Strange 2, we could be all over the timeline easily enough. And then come Spidey 3, we come back to probably a short time after Home ended.

I'm betting "phase 4" is more of a plateau than real forward progression in the timeline. Eternals may or may not have anything to do with the current timeline of the MCU. Thour will likely be off in space and so while it might be "current", it wont mean much overall. Though actually if Jane is involved...well still it could take place around the time of Home without needing to move forward much and wouldn't need to involve anything of Spidey. Same with Strange 2, it'll keep to itself more or less though they could throw in a line about Peter's identity being revealed depending. And Widow probably is going to take place in past so wont be relevant. So while it'll be a couple years for us, in terms of the MCU probably little actual forward movement will have taken place. Or who knows. But yeah, for us the audience it'll be a bummer having to wait to find out what happens unless Peter shows up in another film or something. But a bombshell like that I would imagine is being kept for his movies to really focus on.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 05:46 AM #631
> BluePR
Power Ranger

BluePR
Power Ranger

Probably the best place for this ...

Why do you think The Amazing Spider-Man films weren't as good or successful as this reboot?

And in particular, why do you think the movie version of the death of Gwen wasn't well-regarded?
BluePR is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 05:53 AM #632
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

I'm happy for Far From Home's success. My only worry is can Marvel/Feige reign in Sony who wants to keep going and do all their Spidey movies and perhaps get back to making Spidey their own after the MCU deal is done. I'm more worried that Sony is going to go off the deep end again and we'll be back in the situation we were in, only without some excuse of North Korean leaks to allow for an external cause to blame. Venom worked out and Into the Spider-Verse was it's own marvel (though that's more due to the creative control the creators had for it), but Sony just feels like they're itching to have full control whether or not it's a good thing.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 06:07 AM #633
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ I feel the same, because i think Sony/Marvel parthership with Spidey movie we dont know which Sony going to allow Marvel continues with the Franchising ! Marvel had more control in this new movies, but Sony wanted to regain the control again because Sony remind kind of Fox they relly not give all the rights for Marvel do the movies of there Characters.

Glad for the Sucess of the New Encarnation of the SPider-Men.
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 06:18 AM #634
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

BluePR wrote: View Post

why do you think the movie version of the death of Gwen wasn't well-regarded?
I'm not the biggest fan of Gwen Stacy, but it felt much too soon to kill her off. The movies do have their fans, and it's largely because of the on-screen chemistry between Stone and Gafield and the way Peter and Gwen were developed. They cut Mary Jane from the movie to heighten the impact of Gwen's death too (though there were complaints MJ's actress didn't do the character justice in terms of looks), but I think if you have to explore Gwen's death, MJ has to be in there to assure fans the next phase of the character's life story was going to kick in.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 11:12 AM #635
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Why do you think The Amazing Spider-Man films weren't as good or successful as this reboot?
Three words: Marvel Cinematic Universe.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 11:21 AM #636
> PRangerX
VIP Ranger

PRangerX
VIP Ranger

It was clearly a mistake to cancel Johnson l Spidy 4 and reboot. I actually didn't think the Amazing movies were bad. It was just bizarre decision to reboot a successful franchise. The second reboot worked because of Marvel.They could do things like have Iron Man be his mentor to help put Spiderman over.

I did find it odd so many people were against Gwen's death. Since it was such an iconic moment in the comics. Plus its not something that usually happens in
superhero films.

Part of the problem is that Amazing 2 disappointed at the box office and there was no follow up. So the whole thing was overshadowed. I also think people liked Stone 's Gwen so much that they were mad she got killed off.
PRangerX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 11:29 AM #637
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon wrote: View Post

Three words: Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Sony was steering blindly and hoped they would succeed by jamming as much future plotlines/spinoffs as they could into Amazing Spider-Man 2

Movie studios should know by know that strategy almost never works out
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 11:35 AM #638
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

leolim wrote: View Post

Sony hasn't have a movie that reach one billion since Skyfall.
even though its the highest grossing solo Spider-Man film ever, I highly doubt it will surpass the first Spider-Man film from 2002 when taking inflation into account.
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 12:13 PM #639
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Probably the best place for this ...

And in particular, why do you think the movie version of the death of Gwen wasn't well-regarded?
It's really simple, the Amazing films just weren't amazing. They weren't good stories first, they weren't building up characters or telling a fun adventure, they were by the numbers mixed up and re-edited over and over again genre flicks that were sort of afraid of embracing the comic source just as the method of embracing the source was turning out to be exactly what the audience wanted.

Also, it probably didn't help the costumes looked so bad.

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

even though its the highest grossing solo Spider-Man film ever, I highly doubt it will surpass the first Spider-Man film from 2002 when taking inflation into account.
I don't know, it's pretty close already, this weekend alone could probably push it over or at least tie it up.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 12:19 PM #640
> leolim
Power Ranger

leolim
Power Ranger

3 MCU movies reach 1 billion this year wow just wow.
leolim is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote