Home Menu

Menu

Old July 9th, 2019, 01:35 PM #601
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Dukemon wrote: View Post

I can almost promise this isn't true lol.
Yeah because because does Marvel Studios even get revenue from these films? I thought pretty much all they do is make the movies while Sony pays for it and gets all the reward from it. Marvel Studios is doing the work for the name and usage of Spider-man in Avengers movies.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 02:08 PM #602
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Yeah because because does Marvel Studios even get revenue from these films? I thought pretty much all they do is make the movies while Sony pays for it and gets all the reward from it. Marvel Studios is doing the work for the name and usage of Spider-man in Avengers movies.
There's definitely shared profit.

But regardless of that, I don't believe a contract can be done like what they've suggested. That's less of a contract and more of a bet lol.

And, more so, taking control of Spider-Man away from Marvel Studios is a surefire way for Sony to lose money. They have a good thing going, I doubt they rock the boat.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 02:39 PM #603
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

The Sony/Marvel Shared profit for this new trilogy is not suprise, because Sony for let Marvel gains the full control of the Spider-Men Franchise is dificicult unless if Disney buy Sony too, but consider all the fact Sony is more focus created the movies of the villans of the Spider-Men, they really became more cocky with the Venon sucess
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 03:17 PM #604
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Akumaru wrote: View Post

Sony is more focus created the movies of the villans of the Spider-Men, they really became more cocky with the Venon sucess
Cocky? Sony began work on Morbius and Kraven before Venom was even released, and since Venom's success, they still haven't outlined any actual projects they're pursuing.

If anything, they're being unbelievably cautious.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 03:41 PM #605
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Official images of THAT sequence released:

Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 03:57 PM #606
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Stunning, this are one best scenes in the movie, and I really liked they created and the Zombien Iron Man was crazy, and the way Peter during this battle is using is Peter Thing, for help during the battle. Mysterio was amazing villan...
Old July 9th, 2019, 04:21 PM #607
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

This is probably going to be fairly easy to pass, but a report's come out claiming if the movie doesn't make a billion, Sony will gain full creative control again
There's no way that's true. They have a good thing going, with Spidey and Marvel, and they're not gonna jeopardise. Besides, Marvels lawyers are amazing. There's no way they would've let something like that slip past them.

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

People still tend to walk out of the theaters.
I'd imagine the actual serious MCU fans are the ones who stick it through the credits. The people who leave are more casual movie-goers (or, "I watched him in a cartoon when I was a kid!") who really don't care one way or the other.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 04:46 PM #608
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Peter wrote: View Post

I'd imagine the actual serious MCU fans are the ones who stick it through the credits. The people who leave are more casual movie-goers (or, "I watched him in a cartoon when I was a kid!") who really don't care one way or the other.
Remember that the serious fan is the minority while the majority is the casual movie goer. My father in law has seen every single MCU movie in theater has not sat through a single trailer.
Old July 10th, 2019, 12:35 AM #609
> red-thunder
Power Ranger

red-thunder
Power Ranger

I loved the film. Thought it was a lot of fun, and right now I can't decide if I like this or Homecoming better.

One moment I didn't like
Was when Peter goes into that bathroom and that older woman tells him to take off his clothes. This is a moment that's played for laughs, but imagine if there was a film where a 15 year old girl walks into a bathroom and an older man is there, and tells her to take off her clothes, and that was being played for laughs? People would be outraged, no matter what the context of that scene is.

Highlights
1. J.K Simmons back as J Jonah Jameson. This is something I never thought I'd see, but here we are.

2. Spider-Man's first fight with Mysterio (Which, lets be honest was a straight up beat down). The scene was stunning to look at, and I loved how it even confused the audience into not knowing what was real and what was not.

3. Spider-Man actually beating the villain this time around. In Homecoming he never really beat The Vulture, he just got lucky because Vulture ended up screwing himself over

4. Peter and MJ. They played really well off of each other and had great chemistry. But as far as love interests go I still think that Peter and Gwen from The Amazing films is still the best

5. That Power Rangers reference

Last edited by red-thunder; July 10th, 2019 at 12:46 AM.
red-thunder is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 04:17 AM #610
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Cocky? Sony began work on Morbius and Kraven before Venom was even released, and since Venom's success, they still haven't outlined any actual projects they're pursuing.

If anything, they're being unbelievably cautious.
I suppose works with Marvel have to be now because of Spider-Men share profit.

Since they started to work in Morbius and Kraven before of Venon be released I wonder the way there are going make the villans movies from Spider-Men
Old July 10th, 2019, 04:39 AM #611
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

red-thunder wrote: View Post

I loved the film. Thought it was a lot of fun, and right now I can't decide if I like this or Homecoming better.

One moment I didn't like
Was when Peter goes into that bathroom and that older woman tells him to take off his clothes. This is a moment that's played for laughs, but imagine if there was a film where a 15 year old girl walks into a bathroom and an older man is there, and tells her to take off her clothes, and that was being played for laughs? People would be outraged, no matter what the context of that scene is.
Eh, maybe true maybe not. I mean if you gender swapped the scene but otherwise didn't change anything about it, it would've played the same way; cold, professional guy shows up to give our female hero a new suit and stands back insisting she get undressed to try it on. Nothing to hint he's doing it to ogle the girl or anything. She starts undressing and her female rival comes in, catches her in what seems to be a random bathroom hook up, etc etc. The point of the scene would still be the amusement of the hero being mistakenly caught in what seemed like an embarrassing situation even though we the audience know it isn't that. Actually I think very few people wouldn't outraged over it in comparison to those that just chuckled or otherwise didn't care about the scene.

Then again, that's strictly speaking of a total gender swap for the scene. Realistically it would've just been our female hero and the blond would've still been a woman, and they would've played the scene off the same way, so whatever.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 01:26 PM #612
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 02:33 PM #613
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

The video finally became worth listening to once we got to the part where Sony basically has to breakneck speed to keep from handing Spider-Man over to Marvel Studios lock, stock and barrel.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 10th, 2019, 06:04 PM #614
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Oh look it is the Alex Jones of entertainment Midnights Edge.
Old July 10th, 2019, 06:28 PM #615
> Jumbalia23
Fusion Up!

Jumbalia23
Fusion Up!

Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

Which Iron Man armor is that? 46? 50? 85?
Jumbalia23 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 11:42 PM #616
> Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

Jumbalia23 wrote: View Post

Which Iron Man armor is that? 46? 50? 85?
Looking at the shape of the arc reactor, it's either 46 from CW or 47 from Homecoming.
Trey-El is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 09:07 AM #617
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

Trey-El wrote: View Post

Looking at the shape of the arc reactor, it's either 46 from CW or 47 from Homecoming.
It's the 46 from Civil War. It's got the red body rather than silver.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 11:10 AM #618
> Random
The Lizard Queen

Random
The Lizard Queen

red-thunder wrote: View Post

One moment I didn't like
While I can see why it might be irksome and you can definitely argue it shouldn't have been in the movie, this isn't a case of "if you want to be equal than act equal!" because there's a reason why this double standard exists. The amount of sex crimes committed by women is very small and males generally aren't sexualised in the same way.

There's a lot to be said about that aspect much more than there is for the "but mens rights!".
Random is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 12:31 PM #619
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ Honest the words you usay tells much "if you want to be equal than act equal!" if not he going to started in the Spider-Men discuss about the Equal Rights conversation ! because i suppose we are not going to make a political movie for some scenes or actions !
Old July 14th, 2019, 08:51 PM #620
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay

Saw it today and over all enjoyed it.
Honestly the only thing that bothered me was at the end. The identity whole reveal by footage. Just didn't care for it.
On another note, I Feel like I'm gonna be seconding guessing everyone if they are a skrull or not now.
TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote