Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2019, 06:48 AM #581
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,417
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,417



Blacksaint wrote: View Post

i wonder if every villains in the future that is related with stark industry, will be a high tech badass, instead of super human.
it was little bit disappointing that Mysterio is a hightech villain instead of super human villain
Mysterio starts out as a tech villain and becomes supernatural at a later time after he died.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 07:07 AM #582
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,674
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,674



Yeah, in the comics, Mysterio was revived after a suicide by Kindred, a supernatural demon who is tormenting him to this day and forcing him to do his bidding.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 07:10 AM #583
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,870
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,870



That's the thing about Spider-Man: most of his classic villains are just those with super-technology to assist them. It's just easier to have the super-technology associated with Stark because Tony was the crux behind a lot of what happened and it just blends in easily into Peter's world.

Though with that said, maybe someone different like Kraven would be fun for the end of this trilogy to diversify.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 07:26 AM #584
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,417
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,417



Ataruman wrote: View Post

That's the thing about Spider-Man: most of his classic villains are just those with super-technology to assist them. It's just easier to have the super-technology associated with Stark because Tony was the crux behind a lot of what happened and it just blends in easily into Peter's world.

Though with that said, maybe someone different like Kraven would be fun for the end of this trilogy to diversify.
With the way they went with the end of the movie Kraven is the most logical pick for main villain of the next film. Parker is on the run who better than a world famous hunter.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 08:25 AM #585
ranger_scout's Avatar
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,641
ranger_scout
Power Ranger
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,641



I saw the movie yesterday and overall it was a very solid and entertaining way to end the epic Phase Three of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The acting from both the heroes and the villains were definitely one of the major highlights. Everyone really seemed to have excellent chemistry with each other.

I don't know how Peter is going to be able to overcome being falsely accused of causing the attacks and his identity being revealed to the public. It was quite a pleasant surprise to see J.K. Simmons reprising his role as J. Jonah Jameson. I also wasn't expecting Talos and Soren to be posing as Fury and Hill. That was quite a twist.
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 08:27 AM #586
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,176
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,176



christopherjohn wrote: View Post

With the way they went with the end of the movie Kraven is the most logical pick for main villain of the next film. Parker is on the run who better than a world famous hunter.
While it might not totally end up that way, I do agree Kraven could be a good choice if they do run with the hunted down idea.

I agree with others though that Peter's next villain needs to be someone not associated with Stark. Not that it's been bad, but part of the point with this movie was Peter understanding he'll never be the next Tony Stark, and he doesn't have to be. He just needs to be himself to the best of his ability. So it'd make sense to encounter a villain that isn't connected to Stark or really anyone else. Someone that'll be connected to him more, or just not cause of someone else.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 08:37 AM #587
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,417
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,417



Alitain wrote: View Post

While it might not totally end up that way, I do agree Kraven could be a good choice if they do run with the hunted down idea.

I agree with others though that Peter's next villain needs to be someone not associated with Stark. Not that it's been bad, but part of the point with this movie was Peter understanding he'll never be the next Tony Stark, and he doesn't have to be. He just needs to be himself to the best of his ability. So it'd make sense to encounter a villain that isn't connected to Stark or really anyone else. Someone that'll be connected to him more, or just not cause of someone else.
I do not know if this true. The first name that popped in my head for Kraven was Jason Momoa. If this true than Holland wants him too. https://movieweb.com/spider-man-movi...a-tom-holland/
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 09:41 AM #588
AtoMan's Avatar
> AtoMan
Now read my post again
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,651
AtoMan
Now read my post again
AtoMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,651



Please keep in mind that Sony's plans include
a Kraven solo movie, so while it might be the link to their "expanded universe" they want, they might not make a solo movie before the third Spidey movie. A cool idea, though.
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 09:49 AM #589
Titanium321's Avatar
> ⚡Titanium321
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,989
Titanium321
Moderator
Titanium321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,989



If you want a villain unrelated to Stark, even though Vulture was barely mad at Stark directly, he was just a face to blame his problems on, why not follow up on the Scorpion finally? Gargan is in jail, already mad at Spidey and looking for his name, now he's got it and maybe he gets involved in a shady Luke Cage style enhancement experiment to get out early only to be turned into the Scorpion and go nuts. Heck, you could have Kraven come around as the real bad guy but using Scorpion as bait or rather more like a hound to bring Spidey out and wear him down for the real fight.

Making Jason Momoa Kraven is a genius move though. I just want them to finally get to Sinister Six with a spidey franchise, though.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 11:24 AM #590
Akumaru's Avatar
> Akumaru
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,334
Akumaru
Power Ranger
Akumaru's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,334



Titanium321 wrote: View Post

If you want a villain unrelated to Stark, even though Vulture was barely mad at Stark directly, he was just a face to blame his problems on, why not follow up on the Scorpion finally? Gargan is in jail, already mad at Spidey and looking for his name, now he's got it and maybe he gets involved in a shady Luke Cage style enhancement experiment to get out early only to be turned into the Scorpion and go nuts. Heck, you could have Kraven come around as the real bad guy but using Scorpion as bait or rather more like a hound to bring Spidey out and wear him down for the real fight.

Making Jason Momoa Kraven is a genius move though. I just want them to finally get to Sinister Six with a spidey franchise, though.
If Kraven show up will be interesthing to the story, unless they put the Sinister 6 for the Avengers Next/New Avengers/Younger Avengers, because the new story include thep lot of Secret Invasion
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 11:49 AM #591
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,870
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,870



Titanium321 wrote: View Post

If you want a villain unrelated to Stark, even though Vulture was barely mad at Stark directly, he was just a face to blame his problems on, why not follow up on the Scorpion finally? Gargan is in jail, already mad at Spidey and looking for his name, now he's got it and maybe he gets involved in a shady Luke Cage style enhancement experiment to get out early only to be turned into the Scorpion and go nuts. Heck, you could have Kraven come around as the real bad guy but using Scorpion as bait or rather more like a hound to bring Spidey out and wear him down for the real fight.

Making Jason Momoa Kraven is a genius move though. I just want them to finally get to Sinister Six with a spidey franchise, though.
If you want to add to that, have JJ as the funder. I know the comics and TV shows have had JJ sometimes do things to get Spider-Man while keeping his hands clean such as Scorpion or the Spider Slayers; so by having a more Infowars-style JJ, it would be a perfect means to show how fanatical he is in taking this so-called vigilante down.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 11:54 AM #592
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,638
Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,638



If we're fancasting Kraven, Scott Adkins would be a great choice:



(Yeah, I know he played a nameless zealot in Dr Strange, but it's not like the MCU is shy about actors playing multiple roles)
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 09:29 PM #593
The 2nd Evil's Avatar
> The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,327
The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?
The 2nd Evil's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,327



Just got out of it. Loved it.

The pattern for the Marvel Moviesí credit scenes appears to have become:

Mid-Credits: Shocking twist or development thatís bound to change everything going forward.

Post-Credits: Levity to help ease the tension of the mid-credit scene
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 08:12 AM #594
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,417
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,417



The 2nd Evil wrote: View Post

Just got out of it. Loved it.

The pattern for the Marvel Moviesí credit scenes appears to have become:

Mid-Credits: Shocking twist or development thatís bound to change everything going forward.

Post-Credits: Levity to help ease the tension of the mid-credit scene
People still tend to walk out of the theaters. By doing the mid credits often after the animated credits bit is to allow for those who walk out to watch that fun credits part get a meaty scene afterwards and those who stick around get that thanks for staying fun scene.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 09:29 AM #595
maslego's Avatar
> maslego
Idea Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,751
maslego
Idea Ranger
maslego's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,751



I just saw it last night and there was a little kid with a spider-man mask so that was adorable.

As for the movie:
Can we PLEASE have a MCU spider-man movie WITHOUT it hinging on Iron Man? And I just love how even from beyond the grave Tony still manages to ruin Peter's life!

I'm hoping S.H.I.E.L.D somehow can clear Peter's name, but the instant he said "execute" I started expecting something bad.

Before the bar scene my sister (who isn't into comics) leans over and whispers "is Mysterio a bad guy?" I tried so hard not to laugh but even though I knew he was a villain I wasn't sure how they'd do it. Was he going to be corrupted with power? Villain all along? Something else?

Also they REALLY want us to think Tony is Peter's father figure, when I saw the grave I 100% expected it to be Uncle Ben. But NOPE Iron Man!
maslego is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 09:38 AM #596
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,417
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,417



maslego wrote: View Post

I just saw it last night and there was a little kid with a spider-man mask so that was adorable.

As for the movie:
Can we PLEASE have a MCU spider-man movie WITHOUT it hinging on Iron Man? And I just love how even from beyond the grave Tony still manages to ruin Peter's life!
!
To be fair this is the last movie following Endgame and it is meant to be a kinda epilogue to the whole Infinity Saga and we know what happened in Endgame so it stands to reason it would effect this movie.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 12:39 PM #597
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,674
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,674



This is probably going to be fairly easy to pass, but a report's come out claiming if the movie doesn't make a billion, Sony will gain full creative control again

http://www.darkhorizons.com/new-spid...ver-a-billion/
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 01:18 PM #598
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,220
eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,220
eBay



Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

This is probably going to be fairly easy to pass, but a report's come out claiming if the movie doesn't make a billion, Sony will gain full creative control again

http://www.darkhorizons.com/new-spid...ver-a-billion/
Well, there were also reports a few years ago that if The Emoji Movie wasn't a hit, Sony was going to close the motion picture division. It wasn't, and they didn't. So, not every report about Sony can be believed.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 01:22 PM #599
Akumaru's Avatar
> Akumaru
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,334
Akumaru
Power Ranger
Akumaru's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,334



Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

This is probably going to be fairly easy to pass, but a report's come out claiming if the movie doesn't make a billion, Sony will gain full creative control again

http://www.darkhorizons.com/new-spid...ver-a-billion/
Interesthing ! but Marvel dont had the full control now, or this new trilogy is half between Marvel/Sony, since with Marvel leading the Spidey movies had be much better...not take the credit of the Tobey(Spider-Men) and the Amazing Spider-Men.
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 01:23 PM #600
> ⚡Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,789
Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,789



I can almost promise this isn't true lol.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:00 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.