Home Menu

Menu

Old July 4th, 2019, 04:33 PM #561
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Well they did bring them up in Infinity War with Rhodes and Ross about arresting Steve and the rest of them. They were on the run for months. Then Thanos snapped half the universe away and honestly the Accords were a footnote at that point. Who cares about the accords when your wife, husband, child, mother, father, friends and family disappeared? 5 years later they're back again people have to get everything running again let alone trying to enforce the accords. Actual important laws have to be enforced.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2019, 05:06 PM #562
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Just got in from the movie:

The main story stuff was very meh I admit: I was not a fan of the whole "let's get Peter and MJ" plot the movie was constantly going with and E.D.I.T.H. was a terrible plot device, especially with how Peter was stupid in just giving it to Beck thinking that's what Tony meant when obviously it was about belieiving in himself and his genius. (and don't get me started on the "kill the MJ rival" scene, which was just really ridiculous.

Mysterio...I was rather meh on him until the "he was a villain all along" moment, which is where he got awesome such as with the awards ceremony thanks to his crew for the whole Elementals plot and all the crazy illusions he started haunting Peter with from Berlin onwards. The backstory was convoluted but I do like it's still "he's just some SFX guy who wants his share"and the whole point was "get to him and punch him".

And the credits scenes...seriously when I saw J.K. Simmons back as JJ and how they both made the Daily Bugle into a modern tabloid and how he just outed Spider-Man with doctored footage, my jaw just dropped. (seriously if this is a trilogy in the MCU, this has to end with Scorpion and/or the Spider-Slayers) And heck, the twist that the Skrulls were Nick and Maria all along in this movie was a nice twist too, with the whole theme of "don't trust anything".
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2019, 08:34 PM #563
> laterdayz13
classic

laterdayz13
classic

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

The movie added a horrifying concept at the start about
The Blip. It confirmed that everyone that got dusted returned to the exact spots they were blipped. Well, that kind of means that thousands of people started raining from the sky from the airplanes they disappeared from, both pilots and passengers.
Russo’s actually said Hulk thought of that and made sure that everyone came back safely. So nobody returned and fell out of the sky or anything lol.

Trey-El wrote: View Post

I thought the Accords would be at least semi important after Civil War, but nope. It was ratified and had no real consequences long term except for the Avengers splitting up. Like, they can bring back
BARF from CW in FFH,
but not any info on the accords?
To be fair we know that Rhodey was answering to the Government in Infinity War and pretty much said screw it so he could team back up with Cap and the others to take down Thanos. And Ant-Man and Hawkeye took plea deals and weren’t supposed to do anything superhero related. Then everything went to hell and the Accords was the least of their worries. Now that things are stabilizing I’m sure we’ll find out what’s going on with it now.

Last edited by laterdayz13; July 5th, 2019 at 08:34 PM.
laterdayz13 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 12:21 AM #564
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

It was decent. Not bad, but not amazing either. No pun intended. Falling asleep during certain parts didn't help either.

I never really felt Misterio as a bad guy up until the ending where he made Peter the target. And the return of J.K. Simmons had my heart pounding. This really opens for a live action Spider-Verse. And since they showed the Terminator trailer before the movie, I could see Linda Hamilton play Madame Web.

Highlights, although dumb, was the Ned stuff. That had me dying. And the callback to Iron Man when Peter was creating his own suit.

Seeing the Skrulls pretty much negated the whole movie for me. I don't look forward to the next Captain Marvel movie.
ultrakill is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 12:44 AM #565
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

ultrakill wrote: View Post

Falling asleep during certain parts didn't help either.
A ringing endorsement, ladies and gentlemen.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 12:09 PM #566
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Something I just thought of while finally watching the red carpet arrival for the premiere.
How long has Talos been filling Fury's shoes? Could he and Soren have been in place before the end of Infinity War? My reasoning behind that is simple. We know, in Captain Marvel, he tells Carol that everyone calls him Fury. But what did Maria call him when everyone started getting dusted? Nick. Now, either he mellowed with age and lets some people call him Nick, or it wasn't the real Nicholas Joseph Fury.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 01:22 PM #567
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Something I just thought of while finally watching the red carpet arrival for the premiere.
How long has Talos been filling Fury's shoes? Could he and Soren have been in place before the end of Infinity War? My reasoning behind that is simple. We know, in Captain Marvel, he tells Carol that everyone calls him Fury. But what did Maria call him when everyone started getting dusted? Nick. Now, either he mellowed with age and lets some people call him Nick, or it wasn't the real Nicholas Joseph Fury.
Kind of seemed like he was on a space version of SHIELD, ala whatever their alliance was doing in the gap time with Captain Marvel talking deep space stuff. Like he came back, got his own TAHITI vacation, and is now being the man on the wall in space. The way Talos spoke about it sounded like he had just been sent to go do the Parker drop but got caught up in the Mysterio gag by accident.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 01:32 PM #568
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

Ataruman wrote: View Post

t I do like it's still "he's just some SFX guy who wants his share"and the whole point was "get to him and punch him".
i thought it was somewhat hilarious that
they ended up just using Beck in one of those motion capture pajamas...it must have been both a timesaver and a meta-in-joke at the same time...

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

i got the impression Fury hadn't
contacted Carol since the 90's, using the pager for the first time right at Infinity War...or at least that's what Marvel may be hoping we are assuming...but it wouldn't make sense with Ultron and Loki and other threats and he didn't (or Talos didn't) page Carol to come help out then but did so well before those huge game-changing events...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 01:33 PM #569
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

bearytrek wrote: View Post

i thought it was somewhat hilarious that
they ended up just using Beck in one of those motion capture pajamas...it must have been both a timesaver and a meta-in-joke at the same time...

The best part is he still basically has a fishbowl helmet on in said FX jammies with the plastic surrounding him so it works.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 01:49 PM #570
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Spider-Man: Far From Home ! Finally Saw...

The plot of the Bimp which was make about Thanos was interesthing for they make the plot going which basic the half of the Earth Population was not age and the others which stay alive, became Old, May make some kind of Organization to help the people which lost everything since the Thanos snap

Peter Parker plan for tells about is feelings which always fits in the storyline, seems a good way and the rival between Peter and the others guy which later catch him with a European Girl, and the relation between Happy and May was funny and interesthing.

Mysterio story about the Elementals, which destroy is planet and the others Dimensions seems nice, and he was another gy which worked for Stark, and seems the Ghosts of Stark always going after someone which is related with Stark someone way. Mysterio had is own invention back instead of Parker seems nice, and Mysterio seems he make all of this because he wanted to make someonthing for the people believed, and really liked of when Peter Friends saw the illusion of The Elements joined together and there teacher make reference about Now a giant Robot was Power Rangers, or Voltron.
The Build of the New Suit is great and Peter wanted to make the things rights, and finally understand the World dont need a New Iron Men, Need a Spider-Men, and he face the Drones, and looks like Captain America, even Happy try to make that, so funny Peter a Mikey Doll for distract the Drones

The Middle-credits scen with the Peter reveals Peter is Spider-Men well I suppose is impossible to do a Spider-Men movie withot anyone hated Spider-Men and make him th bad guy. the Post Credit scene with Fury relax in the Ship, gives a glimpse Marvel is now make the Avengers Next/New Avengers, and the Secret Invasion Arc

Now is the Oficial End of the Phase 3 and now Marvel is going to gives the Phase 4 and Phase 5

Last edited by Akumaru; July 6th, 2019 at 02:17 PM.
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 02:09 PM #571
> DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!

DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!

There has been a theory that Fury was a Skrull since Captain Marvel came out. It boils down to him being asked about his biggest fear to prove he isn't one, and he replies having his toast cut diagonally. However, in Age of Ultron he makes a sandwich, and cuts it diagonally. Now of course you could say it was a sandwich and not toast. But then again, it could have all been preplanned.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/does-t...ing-something/

Of course this could be nothing. But given what we now know...
DekaRed Prime is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 02:55 PM #572
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

bearytrek wrote: View Post

i got the impression Fury hadn't
contacted Carol since the 90's, using the pager for the first time right at Infinity War...or at least that's what Marvel may be hoping we are assuming...but it wouldn't make sense with Ultron and Loki and other threats and he didn't (or Talos didn't) page Carol to come help out then but did so well before those huge game-changing events...
Carol says it herself in Endgame on why she didn't come back sooner, it was because Earth had the Avengers to protect it while the rest of the galaxy only had her spread out over hundreds of planets, who didn't the benefit from having an entire team of heroes. Calling her in for Loki and Ultron would made Avengers and Age of Ultron all of five minutes worth of running time.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 03:15 PM #573
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

RockyDeSantos wrote: View Post

While not quite as good as Homecoming, Spider-Man: Far From Home was a fun movie. I felt it slogged a bit in the beginning, the pacing was a bit off and the twist wasn't really a surprise if you know your comic book lore. Tom Holland continues to shine as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. While Tobey Maguire will always have a special place in my heart as being the original, Pre-MCU Spidey, Holland has truly melded into the role and I hope he continues to play it for a long time. Jake Gyllenhaal is utterly fantastic as Mysterio and his chemistry with Holland is great. Jon Favreau was also really good as Happy Hogan, bringing both the funny and mentor/parental figure. I also like the way the movie deals with the fallout of The Blip and Peter coping with the death of Tony Stark.
The two post credits scenes are Amazing! (Pun Intend) and I can't wait to see what happens going forward.
Tom Holland is making a great Peter Praker, even I liked of the Tobey Maguire(Trilogy) and Jake was Mysterio made a stunning role, fits perfect in the role, even we saw the Twist i nthe fornt, seems Mysterio or works was a Villan or Anti-Villan, because was Vulture both put the Guilt in Star, and see Happy which always beleived in Peter Parker, because at somepoint everyone is continues th Stark work. i liked when Peter finally saw no one can be the New Iron Men and the World needs Spider-Men.

The Blip and he dealing with Tony Starks Legacy, because looks like everyone complains about which Tony Stark leading the World, and i liked of the Mysterio about The people will believe in everything who show them.

The Puns about the Elementsl joined in One giant Monster and they make reference about Power Rangers and Voltron, Peter make a stand similar was Captain does.
Old July 7th, 2019, 12:37 AM #574
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

laterdayz13 wrote: View Post

Russo’s actually said Hulk thought of that and made sure that everyone came back safely. So nobody returned and fell out of the sky or anything lol.
I still say that doesn't really count and the Russos only said that because they realized the horrifying implications of "undo the Snap" after the fact. And even then, "Hulk thought of that!" still leaves a lot of people dead as a result of the Snap.
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2019, 01:02 AM #575
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

MegaZeo wrote: View Post

And even then, "Hulk thought of that!" still leaves a lot of people dead as a result of the Snap.
I mean, yes, it does, but the Infinity Gauntlet is the ultimate deus ex machina because it's literally meant to be one. "Return everyone safely" was all he had to think.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2019, 04:43 AM #576
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

MegaZeo wrote: View Post

I still say that doesn't really count and the Russos only said that because they realized the horrifying implications of "undo the Snap" after the fact. And even then, "Hulk thought of that!" still leaves a lot of people dead as a result of the Snap.
Yeah, I think that's just the Russo's covering their asses if the question came up. I doubt Hulk bunched everyone together into one simple thought. "Come back safe" could be interpreted as "Yeah, they come back "safe" for all of the thirty seconds it takes to actually plummet to the ground below, or return to the middle of a busy intersection of oncoming traffic, or go sliding off of a roof, or fall from the ladder or scaffolding that's no longer there.

Plus he said he tried to Nat back along with the dead, but he got all those thoughts together in the span of a second while in immense pain? I'm calling shenanigans.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 7th, 2019, 08:39 AM #577
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Trey-El wrote: View Post

Here's something I just thought about
I really hope that a third MCU Spidey film doesn't use a villain who is angry at Stark. It works for FFH considering how important Tony's legacy is to it, but adding that, we've seen it 5 times now.

1. Obadiah Stane - Wanted to kill Tony to control the weapons industry and tried to kick Tony out of power by force after Tony decided to stop making weapons
2. Aldrich Killian - Wants revenge for being ignored
3. Ultron - Made by Tony and hates being compared to him
4. Vulture - Angry about being fired due to Damage Control being created by Tony
5. Mysterio - Angry for being fired and that Peter was given the glasses

It isn't Earth shattering or anything, but I don't think we need a 6th case of "I'm mad at Tony!"
The Avengers save the planet million times, but i suppose since the Attack of New York everything changes

The Legacy of Tony Stark, Ultron really detested be compared to Stark, seems the Tony Stark Arc continues with Peter
Old July 7th, 2019, 05:11 PM #578
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Peter wrote: View Post

I will say that the MCU continues to frustrate me with really important, potentially-meaty storylines happening entirely off-camera.

May discovering Pete's identity? All dealt with between "Homecoming" and "Infinity War". And now, instead of establishing any connection between Pete and Jamison, it just comes out of the blue in the stinger. The Sokovia accords seem to have been dealt with, off-camera. Hulk and Banner seemed to sort their issues out off-camera. C'mon guys.
I mean, it's kind of a shame we didn't see anything about May finding out, but realistically...so? Maybe upset for a bit, worried as all hell, sure. And then would eventually just be proud of him for what he was doing and we'd be at the same point. It's not really that big a deal they skipped it, it wouldn't have really brought anything. But, I will say they could've addressed the issue by having May not be dusted conveniently. Then just have a brief sentence or two with Peter in the beginning where she expresses her fear of him being Spider-Man and all, but the five years gave her time to work through most of that and she's just glad he's back. But oh well.

And we don't know exactly if there'll be any connection between Peter and Jameson or not. We /just/ got introduced to Jameson in this universe, give them a bit of time before condemning them. And the Jameson surprise was great. I mean, who expected them to get J.K. Simmons back? I wasn't at least, it was great.

Okay, so definitely liked the movie. I will say I think I liked Homecoming more, but this was still a good movie and very entertaining.

Even though I, like basically everyone, assumed Mysterio would be a fake and turn out bad, it was still fun to watch. I think...I would've liked to see a bit more time with his relationship with Peter. On the other hand it makes sense since Peter was really looking for someone to kind of replace Tony as a mentor figure of sorts. And Beck played the part well, it's true he comes across as kind of the "cool uncle" figure even if it was just brief. But I did like how it went. Peter got hosed, and his desire to just have a normal summer and focusing on hooking up with MJ blinded him to Beck.

Also kind of found it funny how people kept wondering about his spider sense(forever now renamed Peter Tingle XD) not really being there in the first movie, but it was basically a major part in this. Though in a way it did come a bit out of the blue since it wasn't really brought up before then suddenly in this one it's addressed like it's a known ability but one he hasn't gotten working. Even Happy knew about it. So yeah, a bit odd but I liked how it was all done.

Beck was a fun villain. Not sympathetic like Toomes, but that's also a good thing. Not every villain needs to be sympathetic. And I liked his tie to the past with Stark, it all makes sense. Instead of being some random movie effects worker who decides to be a super villain or something, it ties it all together which is important with these movies. Not that villains and all can't just come into existence, but it can work as a nice touch. Also liked how he wasn't just doing everything himself. He was the mastermind, but in a sense "Mysterio" wasn't one person which was neat. And given the complexity of the illusions, it makes sense he'd need a team to do it all. Like others said, the fact that in reality he's wearing a mo-cap suit with a plastic bowl on his head is hilarious and a nice touch.

I will say Peter giving Beck EDITH was a bit odd and impulsive, on the other hand it did fit so I can't really fault them much. Peter's mind was elsewhere, which was the point, so he wasn't really thinking clearly. Though it is a bit of a McGuffin, but whatever. I did really like though how when Peter got his act together, he actually did some science stuff. Sure, it was with Tony's 'Do-It-Yourself Superhero Suit Maker', but still it was nice cause I was thinking through the movie that I hoped we'd see Peter do some science smart stuff.

The whole MJ and Peter stuff was nice. Nothing surprising exactly, but it was executed well. I admit though part of me wished to explore the moment when Peter thought MJ was only checking him out cause she thought he was Spider-Man. Of course story-wise there just wasn't time to explore it, and of course it was addressed by the end when she said it wasn't just about the Spidey part. But wont lie, I kind of liked the idea that Peter actually got upset with MJ and blew her off cause of thinking she wasn't interested in him.

Also, I now insist Marvel makes Night Monkey a real hero in the MCU. I want someone to start showing up in a black suit similar to Peter's, jumping around likely just with physical prowess and obviously no wall climbing spidey powers. But yeah, I now want Night Monkey to be a thing just cause it'd be funny.

So, the credits. Damn, the reveal of Peter's identity. Dude, Beck is a such a dick. I expected a tag like the first hinting at the Sinister Six, or revealing Beck was still alive. I...think Beck might be alive somehow, but not sure. Like I mentioned above, Mysterio technically is a collective so I could imagine they'd get Gyllenhal back even for a bit, to make it seem like Beck is back as Mysterio but in reality it's just that scientist guy behind the hologram stuff faking it with the others. Could be fun. Or they get some new guy, since we've had more than one Mysterio, to the be the front runner. Probably someone less smart, maybe more of a dumb actor type, that they can use to play the role. Oh well, we'll see.

Anyway, dick move but really interesting setting up Peter as killing Beck while still playing him off as a hero. I feel like though this is really easy to fix. Some news reports establishing the truth about Beck and his illusion tech, and the story crumbles. Skrulls or something else to do a classic hero and his superhero persona seen at the same place deal, and Peter could basically go bad to a normal life. With maybe only a little bit of issue with the whole mess being brought up. Or some initial police questioning, something or other. But on the other hand, it could lead into a fun story though sadly we'll likely be waiting a couple years till we learn about it.

I did really enjoy that they ended the clip on a "What the fuck" like May in the first movie, that was an amusing touch. And Fury and Mariah being Talos and Companion, that was cool. Definitely curious where Fury is and what he's getting up to, that's for sure. No doubt we'll get some more info in one of the future movies.

EDIT:
OH! Dammit, I spaced mentioned it too, but I didn't notice anyone mentioning, we got a Power Rangers reference. And Voltron, but mainly PR. That was neat, I totally had a "ha!" moment at that.

Last edited by Alitain; July 7th, 2019 at 07:07 PM.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2019, 11:46 PM #579
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ In fact i make reference to that two times !!! It was hilarious, because in the Cinema iit was funny moment nobody is expect that !

The Teacher speaking about Power of the elements kind similar which happens in Super Sentai/Power Rangers/Voltron United, and when Peter used a teddy bear which his Mikey doll for distract the Edith Drones

Marvel really done this time with Spider-Men consider the others movies, HomeComing which was pretty good, and is nice they bring New villans, and not repeating the past one like we had in the other Trilogy, and Duology

Last edited by Akumaru; July 8th, 2019 at 12:45 AM.
Old July 8th, 2019, 06:38 AM #580
> Blacksaint
Power Ranger

Blacksaint
Power Ranger

i wonder if every villains in the future that is related with stark industry, will be a high tech badass, instead of super human.
it was little bit disappointing that Mysterio is a hightech villain instead of super human villain
Blacksaint is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote