Menu

Old July 3rd, 2019, 11:03 AM #521
> DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!

DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Saw it this afternoon. I wish I had gotten a better, longer look at
the license plate of the one car in Prague. I know the first part of the plate was ASM, for Amazing Spider-Man, but I couldn't figure out the last part, since it looked like 5 digits, so it couldn't have been an issue number.
I caught it, it read ASM 28965, which refers to Molten Man's first appearance in issue 28, September 1965.
DekaRed Prime is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 01:39 PM #522
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

The formula's been stale since the novelty peaked in 2012, the problem is the mainstream seem to be OK with just letting the films be this way and rewarding them for it.
Problem is you consider it stale the mainstream is what matters doesn't consider it stale.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 3rd, 2019, 01:51 PM #523
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Problem is you consider it stale the mainstream is what matters doesn't consider it stale.
The mainstream will start to see the emperor is naked eventually. I'm seeing more and more people come over to how I think year by year.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 01:53 PM #524
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

I haven't seen the movie yet but due to a spoiler I ran into, what I'm being led to believe is...

That's not the real Nick Fury and Maria Hill in the movie? I guess they were Skrulls impersonating them the whole time. That's kinda disappointing to hear if true.
i got the impression based on dialogue spoken by
Talos at the end that he'd been covering for Fury for about a...week? At least as far as regarding Peter...

I'd imagine it was the real Fury/Hill at some point early in the film and then they handed off to Talos, but it does kinda make me want to see it again...

I sorta felt something was off with Fury, but that was perhaps because everyone was suspecting Chameleon or Mysterio illusion and everyone was looking for something...at any rate 'Fury'/Fury (?) did seem a bit different...

I guess the London
Sanctum was never rebuilt? I would imagine the sorcerers there would have tried to lend a hand if they were still around...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 01:54 PM #525
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

The mainstream will start to see the emperor is naked eventually. I'm seeing more and more people come over to how I think year by year.
Please stop with the self-righteous, smug attitude.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 3rd, 2019, 01:55 PM #526
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Yes but that takes time again it isn't stale yet to the majority who matter. I think I'm in the minority in not actually liking Endgame to much. Until they start losing money they won't change things.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 01:57 PM #527
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Something that just occurred to me.
If Ben Mendelsohn was indeed at the end of Endgame, as the school administrator, as many seem to think, that means he was in all three MCU movies this year.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 02:12 PM #528
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

I'm thinking why I thought the film was average, and I wonder if it was because its servicing the MCU overall storyline rather than the character...

don't get me wrong, I love the fact that Spidey can interact with Cap, Thor, etc, but his character is best when he isn't dependent on other characters...in other words the MCU benefits greatly being able to use Spidey but Spidey might be a bit diminished having to submit to the MCU...

I was wondering whether those
flashback scenes of Mysterio's colleagues was actual footage or doctored...looks like the Iron Man 1 footage was legit but I think the BARF footage was altered to add in Beck...can't remember the other one they referenced but I was hoping they'd announce some sort of team organization name that would be recognizable to comics readers

Last edited by bearytrek; July 3rd, 2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2019, 02:42 PM #529
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

TeraMan wrote: View Post

Please stop with the self-righteous, smug attitude.
Sorry man, this was definitely one of those bull-headed posts I make that I tend to regret right afterwards and try to edit only people have already responded.

What I meant is the mainstream will eventually tire of the formula at a more rapid rate than previously, and I'm just of the opinion they should captalise a little more on their streak to start risking things more, otherwise to expect success so much causes complacency. Endgame was good when it should have been amazing.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 02:48 PM #530
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

bearytrek wrote: View Post

I'm just sort of sad we never really got to see the repercussions of May finding out Peter was Spidey in Homecoming...we just sort of jumped right into Infinity War and Endgame and bypassed what could have been some really good scenes...did Peter sign the Sokovia Accords? Wouldn't he have to have consent or some other legal hoops since he's a minor? Surely May didn't just roll with it and say, yeah its okay for my nephew to risk his life and I'm not going to worry too much about that, etc
Can Peter legally sign the accords since he's underage? Maybe they'll deal with that in a future movie when Peter turns 18. Maybe that'll be the underlying theme of Phase 4/Phase 5 is how are the accords going to affect the younger heroes when they start popping up, like Peter and whatever Young Avengers are on the horizon.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 02:59 PM #531
> leolim
Power Ranger

leolim
Power Ranger

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

Can Peter legally sign the accords since he's underage? Maybe they'll deal with that in a future movie when Peter turns 18. Maybe that'll be the underlying theme of Phase 4/Phase 5 is how are the accords going to affect the younger heroes when they start popping up, like Peter and whatever Young Avengers are on the horizon.
Can the accords protect him from the Frame up that Beck pulled?
leolim is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 03:01 PM #532
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

leolim wrote: View Post

Depends on what kind of security Edith can provide. I don't think Peter will go so far as to call for a drone strike (again) but he should have some level of protection now that his secret's out.
Old July 3rd, 2019, 03:05 PM #533
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Phase 4/Phase 5 I see they invested the Arc of Young Avengers/New Avengers which is dividid in many Storys !
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 03:33 PM #534
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Sorry man, this was definitely one of those bull-headed posts I make that I tend to regret right afterwards and try to edit only people have already responded.

What I meant is the mainstream will eventually tire of the formula at a more rapid rate than previously, and I'm just of the opinion they should captalise a little more on their streak to start risking things more, otherwise to expect success so much causes complacency. Endgame was good when it should have been amazing.
There’s a lot of people and focus groups to tell the studio what they should and shouldn’t focus on to keep people interested

We just read a few days ago that they cut out some scenes of peter before his European trip to quicken his departure to Europe

They’re keeping people interested in different ways

Spider-Man’s identity is known. That’s a big game changer

Aunt May is younger and knows who’s Spider-Man

Ned ganke and MJ

There’s a lot more details that they changed to keep people interested in the mcu
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 04:29 PM #535
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

We are not short on movies where Peter is having to hide his secret identity from Aunt May, his best friend and his girlfriend.
No, we're not. Which is why a story about Aunt May actually learning about it and coming to terms with it wouldn't be such a bad thing. That's something we haven't seen much, before.

But again ...

leolim wrote: View Post

One phone-call to Talos and one video interview, and that's taken care of. Remember, the public and even most of the Avengers don't know about Skrulls yet, but Fury does.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 05:47 PM #536
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

There’s a lot of people and focus groups to tell the studio what they should and shouldn’t focus on to keep people interested

We just read a few days ago that they cut out some scenes of peter before his European trip to quicken his departure to Europe

They’re keeping people interested in different ways

[u
There was a scene in the trailer of Spidey stopping a robbery and joked around with some officers, telling them he was going on vacation that wasn't in the movie. That looked like it probably would have ate up a good two to three minutes. I wonder if that got cut to explain what The Blip was.
Old July 3rd, 2019, 06:22 PM #537
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

There was a scene in the trailer of Spidey stopping a robbery and joked around with some officers, telling them he was going on vacation that wasn't in the movie. That looked like it probably would have ate up a good two to three minutes. I wonder if that got cut to explain what The Blip was.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/this-fun-spi...t-y-1835910145

“That was in the movie for a while,” Watts told io9 over the phone. “It’s part of a montage where Peter is running a bunch of errands that he has to do before he flies to Europe. And the joke was his errands were he had to buy a dual headphone adapter...he had to get one of those European travel plugs, he sold some of his action figures so that he would have enough money to [Minor Spoiler Removed], pick up his passport, and he had to take down this extremely dangerous crime family. That’s Spider-Man’s to-do list.”
“It just ended up not being necessary to the flow of the movie,” Watts continued. “But it is a fun little sequence and that whole sequence will be one of the extra features when the movie comes out on Blu-ray.”
Peter was also going to sell a Lobot action figure(to earn enough money to go to Europe) but decided not to
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 06:27 PM #538
> BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

Anyone else catch the construction sign that read, 1, 2, 3, ? in little circles, and said something to the effect "we can't wait to show you what's to come?" A little on the nose reference to Phase 4 being next. Has the next MCU movie been announced yet?
BattleRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 06:35 PM #539
> Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

So I saw Far From Home with my girlfriend today and I really enjoyed it and she did as well.

The movie was a blast. That being said, I feel like it went by a bit fast. I don't know, I really just felt like I should've been there longer than I felt even though it was 2 hours and how ever many minutes. Not going to lie, my jaw almost dropped when I saw the scientist Stane was yelling at came back. I also had a fangasm when I heard the song from the beginning of Iron Man 1 play as Peter built his new suit. It was a great flash back to the beginning of it all, even if it was a minor one. I also like how Tony's illusion technology from Civil War came back for this movie. It's one of those things that seems inconsequential, but actually mattered in the long run.

As everyone expected, Mysterio was lying, but I do like how in a twisted way, he wanted to be a hero people could look up to as someone who became someone from being nobody. Btw, seeing Peter get hit by a frickin train was crazy. I haven't really seen anything quite that crazy happen to Peter before in any other live action Spider-Man film. Also, the scene where Mysterio was putting Peter through multiple illusions had me tripping wondering what was real as well. To a point that when "Fury" walked up and shot Beck, I thought Beck would get locked up but break out. But seeing that it was just Beck playing Peter again had me going "Wow."

Now for the most important part for me. J.K. SIMMONS. Having him back as J.J.J. was a dream. Not going to lie, I already saw both post credit scenes prior, but still, seeing him back just brought a smile to my face. I heard one guy said it was "Incredible." and needless to say, it very much was.

So to sum it all up, I enjoyed it a hell of a lot as a Spidey fan. Also as I said, my girlfriend enjoyed it and she's not even really into marvel movies like that.

I wouldn't call it the best Spidey film ever (I still think that goes to Spider-Man 2 imho) but I remember when I saw someone say FFH rivalled Spider-Man 2, I scoffed at the idea. After seeing it? It is a very worthy contender that I'd highly recommend to any MCU or just a Spidey fan.
Trey-El is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 06:50 PM #540
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

Trey-El wrote: View Post

I wouldn't call it the best Spidey film ever (I still think that goes to Spider-Man 2 imho)
Spidey 2 is definitely the best live-action film we've gotten

I'd put the original Spidey 1 a bit lower than that, and bunch the Garfield films with Homecoming and Far From Home with Spidey 3 bringing up the rear...