Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2019, 04:27 AM #481
Gold Samurai's Avatar
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,476
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,476



Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Man

Feige really is allergic to secret identities isn't he?

So what are the odds Doctor Strange will appear in the next movie and cast the spell to conceal Peter's identity like in the comics? Because you know they won't go with Mephisto
That would cheapen the event.

It’s not like the comics where they can reset the status quo after 100 issues

They’re not going to forget the events of “endgame” and they’re not going to forget these events in “ far from home”

This new story point takes the character into uncharted areas

Haha as soon as I typed “uncharted” it made me realize Tom Holland is playing young Nathan drake



Also yes a certain individual did show up at the premiere.

Spoilers

https://mobile.twitter.com/ComicBook...77663147057152
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 04:33 AM #482
laterdayz13's Avatar
> laterdayz13
classic
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,132
laterdayz13
classic
laterdayz13's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,132



Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

A certain someone showed up at the red carpet premiere as well which was a big giveaway.
There was a collective “Oh shit!” and applause as soon as he popped up lol. Oddly enough 2 guys almost fought after my screening because they were sitting next to each other and one clapped and cheered so loudly that the other couldn’t hear the dialogue. I’m not even making that up, it was hilarious
laterdayz13 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 04:52 AM #483
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,639
Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,639



laterdayz13 wrote: View Post

Oddly enough 2 guys almost fought after my screening because they were sitting next to each other and one clapped and cheered so loudly that the other couldn’t hear the dialogue. I’m not even making that up, it was hilarious
People who cheer and clap during a movie are the worst and should be kicked out.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 27th, 2019, 04:53 AM #484
laterdayz13's Avatar
> laterdayz13
classic
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,132
laterdayz13
classic
laterdayz13's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,132



Salted Pepper wrote: View Post

People who cheer and clap during a movie are the worst and should be kicked out.
Good luck trying to kick out an entire theater worth of people lol
laterdayz13 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 04:57 AM #485
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,639
Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,639



laterdayz13 wrote: View Post

Good luck trying to kick out an entire theater worth of people lol
Thankfully cheering and clapping isn't a thing here for movies, it would drive me crazy.

Also the quoted post is showing without the spoiler tag
Yeah, I removed it, there was no reason for a spoiler tag.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 27th, 2019, 07:28 AM #486
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,674
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,674



Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 04:38 PM #487
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,176
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,176



Salted Pepper wrote: View Post

Thankfully cheering and clapping isn't a thing here for movies, it would drive me crazy.
Yeah, I mean at the end of the movie, sure I don't care. But during the movie, keep it down please. I had an annoying experience recently when seeing Hellboy where two people behind me kept laughing and just being overly loud throughout it that I nearly turned around and snapped at them it was so obnoxious.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 05:06 PM #488
AkaGreen's Avatar
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,851
AkaGreen
JusticeForK
AkaGreen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,851



Salted Pepper wrote: View Post

People who cheer and clap during a movie are the worst and should be kicked out.
That was almost me during several parts of Endgame.

I held it in so I didn't embarrass myself or my family, but I got close.
AkaGreen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 05:09 PM #489
Gold Samurai's Avatar
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,476
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,476



Alitain wrote: View Post

Yeah, I mean at the end of the movie, sure I don't care. But during the movie, keep it down please. I had an annoying experience recently when seeing Hellboy where two people behind me kept laughing and just being overly loud throughout it that I nearly turned around and snapped at them it was so obnoxious.
That must have been really loud with just you and two other people watching "Hellboy"
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 11:32 PM #490
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,674
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,674



The post-credit scenes have leaked online. Caught them last night

Jameson doesn't have his traditional haircut, but I like the look actually. Wonder if the comics will adapt it? He's as bombasstic and entirely OTT, so they nailed him.

It seems every MCU Spidey movie ends with at least one character saying "What the Fu..."
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2019, 07:04 AM #491
BluePR's Avatar
> BluePR
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 227
BluePR
Power Ranger
BluePR's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 227



Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Man

Feige really is allergic to secret identities isn't he?

So what are the odds Doctor Strange will appear in the next movie and cast the spell to conceal Peter's identity like in the comics? Because you know they won't go with Mephisto
After that I think
It won't be reversed, Spider-Man will just get to/have to join the Avengers, modern Marvel loves making the Avengers the center of both the comics and movies.
BluePR is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2019, 12:51 PM #492
Digifiend's Avatar
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,114
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
Digifiend's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,114



laterdayz13 wrote: View Post

So good! Damn Tom Holland is well cast.
And his reaction to Mysterio and J.Jonah Jameson (!) outing his identity was perfection. Phase 4 is definitely gonna be really interesting and I can’t wait to see how they deal with the new status quo.
Hmm, I wonder if the comics will do the same thing then, and have either Peter or Miles's identity outed?
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2019, 01:05 PM #493
Virus's Avatar
> Virus
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,432
Virus
Power Ranger
Virus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,432



Digifiend wrote: View Post

Hmm, I wonder if the comics will do the same thing then, and have either Peter or Miles's identity outed?
Considering what happened the last time Spider-Man's id got outed, lets hope not.
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2019, 01:12 PM #494
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,674
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,674



Virus wrote: View Post

Considering what happened the last time Spider-Man's id got outed, lets hope not.
Ah, but with the way they've been factoring Mephisto into the lives of Spider-characters lately, reuniting Peter with MJ, and teasing Aunt May being again at death's door, it would not be a total shock if they decide it's time to give this "one more try" (I'm sorry for that one)
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2019, 01:27 PM #495
Virus's Avatar
> Virus
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,432
Virus
Power Ranger
Virus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,432



Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Ah, but with the way they've been factoring Mephisto into the lives of Spider-characters lately, reuniting Peter with MJ, and teasing Aunt May being again at death's door, it would not be a total shock if they decide it's time to give this "one more try" (I'm sorry for that one)
No, just no
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2019, 07:10 PM #496
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,638
Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,638



Holy crap, that was amazing!

To be honest, I tend to compare the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies not against other MCU movies, but the Spider-Man movies that have come before. Against them, I believe this film is a real challenger for top spot. Everyone from the side characters, to the love interest, to the villain, pretty much everything was perfect.

One quick admission I must make, is how much MJ grew on me in this film. I think it's her writing, she came off as just annoying in Homecoming, this film gave her something of a charm whilst remaining true to the character set up in the first one. Mysterio looked amazing, exactly everything you'd want from that character. Ned's always great. I also found JB Smoove to be hilarious in his teaching role.

The film manages to play with Peter's balance of normal life and superhero activities, in a way we've not really seen before. In all previous films it was always centred around Peter having to pull himself away from enjoying himself because his strong sense of duty always prevailed. In this, we see Nick Fury doing that side of things, giving Peter more of someone he can talk to about wanting a normal life, otherwise it's just an internal monologue.

But really, everything from the suits to the setpieces, if nothing else this film really separates itself from every other Spidey flick, and it does it in a very endearing way.

Okay, so we all called Mysterio as the baddie, we just didn't know HOW he was doing it. I found the reveal of the drones hiding under the barf-tech to be a really neat solution, and I think it's very true to character to have Quinten Beck as just a guy in a mo-cap suit that can easily be slapped around underneath all the illusions.


And that mid credits scene!

They got JK Simmons back as Jameson! Amazing! I like how they modernised him, as a cigar chomping newspaper editor in Gordon Gecko clothes screams of being dated. I believe there was rumours in the ASM series that he'd run a Buzzfeed type website, which I guess would work, but spinning him into an Alex Jones type owner of a controversial news site is just perfect. I'm actually so glad they kept this under wraps.

Oh yeah, and Peter's secret identity has been blabbed to the world when he's in the middle of New York. Almost want to see a John Wick 3 type sequel that picks up immediately afterwards and he has to fight his way through everyone.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2019, 10:58 PM #497
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640



Tony is known for Creating his own Demons like iron Monger(Jealous of Tony) Whiplash (revenge) Killian (Tony too Drunk to meet him), The Twins (misfire) Ultron(Literally) Captain America and the Avengers that Supports him (Accords) Zemo( his family were killed by Ultron) Vulture (Replaced) but Beck too for the Barf wow even in death Tony's mistake always bite back I can't imagine what would happen if Parker turn evil like Syndrome from Incredibles.
leolim is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2019, 07:37 AM #498
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,044
eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,044
eBay



Is the January trailer theme on the OST?
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2019, 12:23 PM #499
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640



How will Peter clear his name in the next movie?
leolim is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2019, 03:56 PM #500
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,220
eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,220
eBay



Saw it this afternoon. I wish I had gotten a better, longer look at
the license plate of the one car in Prague. I know the first part of the plate was ASM, for Amazing Spider-Man, but I couldn't figure out the last part, since it looked like 5 digits, so it couldn't have been an issue number.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.