Home Menu

Menu

Old June 13th, 2018, 10:22 PM #81
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

I wonder specifically what's preventing it from getting an individual release on Blu-ray, the 1995 movie yet we can only get it included on a rerelease of the complete series that many fans already have including me
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 03:25 AM #82
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

I wonder specifically what's preventing it from getting an individual release on Blu-ray, the 1995 movie yet we can only get it included on a rerelease of the complete series that many fans already have including me
It could simply be Fox not caring. I don't know why since it recently got a rumored 4K restoration, unless Fox rather not bother with a physical release.
monkeyjb1988 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 06:59 AM #83
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

monkeyjb1988 wrote: View Post

It could simply be Fox not caring. I don't know why since it recently got a rumored 4K restoration, unless Fox rather not bother with a physical release.
ew lol that movie does not need a 4k release. it wouldnt look so good.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 07:17 AM #84
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

megagao wrote: View Post

ew lol that movie does not need a 4k release. it wouldnt look so good.
Getting a 4K restoration doesn't mean a 4K release. Some movies get the 4K restoration and they would only released it in Blu-Ray.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 07:43 AM #85
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

Getting a 4K restoration doesn't mean a 4K release. Some movies get the 4K restoration and they would only released it in Blu-Ray.
still, i dont see why that movie would even need a 4k restoration. it just hasn't aged well really. i think only certain movies benefit from a 4k restoration, like the alien movies. ya know?
Old June 14th, 2018, 06:48 PM #86
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

monkeyjb1988 wrote: View Post

Yeah because I heard a few fans got to see a very limited re-release in 4K format at a very few select theaters last year I believe
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2018, 11:23 AM #87
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Target now has a listing. They've got the best price right now, for $125.69.

https://www.target.com/p/mighty-morp...d/-/A-53753795

Best Buy's listing seems to have disappeared.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2018, 05:27 PM #88
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

still, i dont see why that movie would even need a 4k restoration. it just hasn't aged well really. i think only certain movies benefit from a 4k restoration, like the alien movies. ya know?
I respectively disagree. I think the movie looks great, minus the CGI moments. I like the designs and the cinematography.

Besides, a 4K restoration makes for a better 1080P picture than a 1080P restoration. Maybe Fox was planning on a big release but changed their minds. In any case, very few shows and films WOULDN'T benefit from a 4K restoration (the MMPR series itself probably wouldn't benefit from a 4K restoration although 1080 would be great).
monkeyjb1988 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2018, 10:00 PM #89
> Kyle16
Figuring it out

Kyle16
Figuring it out

From what I can tell, a lot of shots are simply not in tack sharp focus in the first place. I don't know if that was the lens choices or camera opterator error, but while I don't think 4k would hurt the look in any way, I also don't think it really needs it either.
Kyle16 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2018, 10:24 AM #90
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

as cheesy as the first movie is, i'm kind of looking forward to watching it on bluray in about a month. i wonder what the transfer will look like. i'm just looking forward to displaying the awesome steelbook case in my living room. it's going to look awesome! was it discussed if these sets are numbered, or was it just a limited release?
Old July 6th, 2018, 10:44 AM #91
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

i wonder what the transfer will look like.
I'm willing to bet negligible.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2018, 11:25 AM #92
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

as cheesy as the first movie is, i'm kind of looking forward to watching it on bluray in about a month. i wonder what the transfer will look like. i'm just looking forward to displaying the awesome steelbook case in my living room. it's going to look awesome! was it discussed if these sets are numbered, or was it just a limited release?
Nothing was stated about them being numbered. It's just being advertised as a limited release.

The Anime Expo in Los Angeles, CA is happening right now, since yesterday up until Sunday. Shout! Factory is there vending, and they're even selling some of their titles early. This set is even one of them. So when I saw that this thread was brought up today, I hoped one of you guys had gotten it there, and perhaps showed pictures.

They're also selling Timeranger, Digimon Adventure tri.: Coexistence, and Gravity Falls there.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 27th, 2018, 06:34 AM #93
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

i was just charged and the steelboxset was just shipped yesterday! can't wait to get this beauty and to see this movie on bluray! :-)
Old July 27th, 2018, 08:34 AM #94
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

i was just charged and the steelboxset was just shipped yesterday! can't wait to get this beauty and to see this movie on bluray! :-)
Will you also be showing pictures of the set?
Old July 27th, 2018, 09:32 AM #95
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

Will you also be showing pictures of the set?
i'll be definitely posting to my instagram. i'll post the link here, it should arrive tomorrow it says.
Old July 29th, 2018, 02:54 PM #96
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

I saw this in the Blu-Ray Forum. I can't post the photos since it's on Photobucket, which the Forum doesn't allow me to.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=187
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2018, 04:32 PM #97
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

I saw this in the Blu-Ray Forum. I can't post the photos since it's on Photobucket, which the Forum doesn't allow me to.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=187
I hope that the thing about the season 1-volume 1 disc is a mistake and that Shout! Factory will offer to correct it one day.

I'm concerned about how the steelbooks have three discs to a hub on either side. I want to say that I thought Shout! Factory ought to know better, but of course I'd have others pointing out all of their other screw-ups.

I won't bother restating the obvious about the movie on Blu-ray, but this review is the second one that I've seen say that the movie actually looks good in HD. One other review confirms that the title card after the prologue has the full title of "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie" without omitting the "Mighty Morphin". So there's a plus.
Old July 29th, 2018, 11:34 PM #98
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

this review is the second one that I've seen say that the movie actually looks good in HD. One other review confirms that the title card after the prologue has the full title of "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie" without omitting the "Mighty Morphin". So there's a plus.
This, combined with a 44 minute documentary, is seriously making me consider picking this up now.
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 30th, 2018, 06:01 AM #99
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

MegaZeo wrote: View Post

This, combined with a 44 minute documentary, is seriously making me consider picking this up now.
I might even get one now, but I'd rather get it with a discount. Since PMC is coming up, Shout! Factory might have a sale to honor it, and with its price, it should definitely get a good discount on its own. So I'd order that along with preordering Jetman. Besides, I'd like to make some scans of the casings for my own documents about the Shout! Factory sets.

I'm concerned about the discs being stacked on top of each other, but the movie disc would be the only disc I'd be using anyway. All the others, I'd just use from my regular box set. If the movie Blu-ray comes out on its own, then I'll just sell the box set.
Old July 30th, 2018, 06:36 AM #100
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

I hope that the thing about the season 1-volume 1 disc is a mistake and that Shout! Factory will offer to correct it one day.

I'm concerned about how the steelbooks have three discs to a hub on either side. I want to say that I thought Shout! Factory ought to know better, but of course I'd have others pointing out all of their other screw-ups.
the red throws off the visual continuity? really? like the green doesnt? either way, nice set. sadly mine was shipped to my job on saturday and well, business is closed. so i'm getting it today, hopefully.