Home Menu

Menu

Old May 12th, 2018, 04:10 AM #61
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

I guess a lot depends on sales. If this set sell well, then they probably wont release MMPRTM separately. If it bombs, then they probably will.

Although I wish they had done the MMPR Reversion + MMPRTM. If it was sold for $40 it would be a must have for me, especially as the reversion has never been on DVD (outside of those bonus discs with the toys). I think that would have been a better way for them to grub extra dollars without it feeling 'slimy'.

(Well, I really wish they had done a Blu Ray collection of all 3 movies and the Saban Brands seasons, but I'm guessing their must be rights issues).
big smile is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2018, 08:06 AM #62
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

big smile wrote: View Post

I guess a lot depends on sales. If this set sell well, then they probably wont release MMPRTM separately. If it bombs, then they probably will.

Although I wish they had done the MMPR Reversion + MMPRTM. If it was sold for $40 it would be a must have for me, especially as the reversion has never been on DVD (outside of those bonus discs with the toys). I think that would have been a better way for them to grub extra dollars without it feeling 'slimy'.
I'm not sure they do have the rights to the reversioned episodes. I personally don't like them, but if they could use your idea, I'd probably still buy it.

If the rights to release the MMPR:TM Blu-ray are indeed conditioned to including it with something of their own, then I might just buy this set. I'd just have to see about getting it at a better price. Shout! Factory has sales from time to time, and I have a Barnes & Noble membership where I can get 20% discounts or sometimes 30% discounts, and I'd definitely order it with those discounts if they bring the price down lower than all other sellers of which I know.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2018, 12:42 PM #63
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

I know this might be a hard sell for those who bought the original release or, god willing, the helmet set (if have that and buy this, you're a bigger fan than me ). For someone who's been hemming and hawing about buying Power Rangers on DVD and hasn't yet, the design of the box and, oh yeah, THE MOVIE on Blu-Ray, this might JUST be the kick in the pants to get it.

ranger_scout wrote: View Post

Well, I don't know if want all of those DVDs because the set I already have is signed by Jason David Frank and Amy Johnson. If the movie is sold separately, then I will definitely but it.
Yeah, you'd be someone who I wouldn't blame waiting for a single release. Actually, I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting a stand-alone movie release, it's just hard to beat this if you don't have the series. (Also, lucky I'm hoping JDF signs my Power Ranger art book )

(Well, I really wish they had done a Blu Ray collection of all 3 movies and the Saban Brands seasons, but I'm guessing their must be rights issues).
I get wanting to own everything Power Rangers, but I don't get why people want the reversion episodes. They're just the original episodes with stupid graphics added and NOT HD (I know it was never advertised as being HD, but when you say something is remastered in HD in 2008, you tend to assume 1080 P's are involved, even if that is bordering on naivety). I'm sorry for those who want them, but I wouldn't buy the reversions unless you can't the original episodes otherwise. This is coming from a guy who can tolerate the Star Wars special editions.

(Fun fact: on New Hope, hit chapter skip just as the wipe ends with Jabba and you can skip his cameo )

As for a Blu-Ray collection of all 3 films and Neo-Saban series, THAT would be AWESOME!!! Granted, the Neo-Saban seasons aren't exactly Power Rangers at their most morphenominal, but if you like them, you should get to own them on Blu-Ray. I know Germany had a set for the 2 Samurai seasons and 2 Megaforce seasons (or, as I like to say, Samurai and Megaforce ) but no Dino Charge. Hopefully some day, if Hasbro thinks they can convince Lionsgate of the profitability. I know Super Samurai didn't do so hot, but maybe being sold with Samurai would help?

Finally, and way off topic... how about Operation Overdrive, Jungle Fury, and RPM Blu-rays? I've seen HD encodes of Boukenger, Gekiranger, and Go-Onger; we're halfway there
monkeyjb1988 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2018, 01:19 PM #64
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

monkeyjb1988 wrote: View Post

I get wanting to own everything Power Rangers, but I don't get why people want the reversion episodes.
Completionism.

"BETRAYED!" is one of the best jokes ever.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2018, 02:29 PM #65
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

I get wanting to own everything Power Rangers, but I don't get why people want the reversion episodes
If you've already paid for the MMPR DVDs then buying them again is off-putting. The reversion episodes make it a little less off-putting because at least your cash is going on something that's slightly different (especially as the reversion would only take 4 discs, which would bring the cost of the set down).

Hopefully some day, if Hasbro thinks they can convince Lionsgate of the profitability. I know Super Samurai didn't do so hot,
They didn't sell well because it was a bad set. It was only the Super season with no holiday episodes.

It reminds me of Disney who for the longest time never did seasons sets in the US (bar Overdrive) because the discs they did didn't sell enough. But Shout! showed that fans will buy DVDs but only if they get the full season.
big smile is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2018, 04:21 PM #66
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

If you've already paid for the MMPR DVDs then buying them again is off-putting. The reversion episodes make it a little less off-putting because at least your cash is going on something that's slightly different (especially as the reversion would only take 4 discs, which would bring the cost of the set down).

They didn't sell well because it was a bad set. It was only the Super season with no holiday episodes.

It reminds me of Disney who for the longest time never did seasons sets in the US (bar Overdrive) because the discs they did didn't sell enough. But Shout! showed that fans will buy DVDs but only if they get the full season.
Reversion: that's true regarding this set, but it feels like people have wanted these episodes since Shout started these sets.

Disney: yeah, say what you will about the seasons themselves but Disney dropped the ball on the DVD front. Operation Overdrive were the only discs I bought.
monkeyjb1988 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2018, 03:52 AM #67
> TyrannicalFascist
Power Ranger

TyrannicalFascist
Power Ranger

If The Movie isn't going to be released separately for legal reasons, then this should be the opportunity for Shout Factory to give us as much preservational bonus features as they can to make this the best release of The Movie it can be.

They SHOULD include:
-DVD release featurette
-All original trailers (both theatricals and the teaser)
-Secrets Revealed TV Special
-Pagemaster VHS sneak preview
-Any deleted scenes? Even just a glimpse at the original Dulcea scenes?

I'd even say they should throw in something they missed on the original MMPR set that was later included only in the Legacy set, like the MMPR Karate Club: The Green Ranger Kata or the Original MMPR PSAs.
TyrannicalFascist is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2018, 04:36 AM #68
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

TyrannicalFascist wrote: View Post

If The Movie isn't going to be released separately for legal reasons, then this should be the opportunity for Shout Factory to give us as much preservational bonus features as they can to make this the best release of The Movie it can be.

They SHOULD include:
-DVD release featurette
-All original trailers (both theatricals and the teaser)
-Secrets Revealed TV Special
-Pagemaster VHS sneak preview
-Any deleted scenes? Even just a glimpse at the original Dulcea scenes?

I'd even say they should throw in something they missed on the original MMPR set that was later included only in the Legacy set, like the MMPR Karate Club: The Green Ranger Kata or the Original MMPR PSAs.
And how would they give this to those who aren't buying this set?
Old May 14th, 2018, 07:27 AM #69
> TyrannicalFascist
Power Ranger

TyrannicalFascist
Power Ranger

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

And how would they give this to those who aren't buying this set?
The same could be said of their exclusive release of Samurai, Super Samurai and Megaforce in the Legacy DVD set. We know this set is happening, so this may be their only chance. Regardless of if/when they can release The Movie separately, they should take advantage of this release and include everything they can. If they work out a deal with Fox to release it separately later on, then that much the better.
TyrannicalFascist is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2018, 07:43 AM #70
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

TyrannicalFascist wrote: View Post

The same could be said of their exclusive release of Samurai, Super Samurai and Megaforce in the Legacy DVD set. We know this set is happening, so this may be their only chance. Regardless of if/when they can release The Movie separately, they should take advantage of this release and include everything they can. If they work out a deal with Fox to release it separately later on, then that much the better.
Did you read the information about this set in the initial post, and did you see my answer to the question you once asked about it? It'll have the same special features that the previous MMPR set releases had. Nothing more and nothing less. The movie in this set does have the same special features the previous releases did as well, with one new special feature. If they ever release the Blu-ray on it's own, it will most likely have the exact same set of features the one in this box set will have, and that's it. It's too bad that the Secrets Revealed special won't be on it, and I doubt it would have the rest of the things you suggested either. Especially those things from the legacy set.
Old June 1st, 2018, 12:47 AM #71
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

For those of you who might still be interested in getting this, it has started popping up on other retail sites. Even on Wal-Mart's, which seems to have the best price for it so far, at $132.24.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mighty-Mo...-DVD/323618163

So when it starts showing up on other sites, people can probably get some good deals on it.
Old June 1st, 2018, 09:11 AM #72
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

For those of you who might still be interested in getting this, it has started popping up on other retail sites. Even on Wal-Mart's, which seems to have the best price for it so far, at $132.24.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mighty-Mo...-DVD/323618163

So when it starts showing up on other sites, people can probably get some good deals on it.
nice price, i'm sure amazon will lower theirs soon too.
megagao is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2018, 10:22 AM #73
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

megagao wrote: View Post

nice price, i'm sure amazon will lower theirs soon too.
So am I, but I don't think it'll be any better than Wal-Mart's current price.
Old June 1st, 2018, 10:40 AM #74
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

So am I, but I don't think it'll be any better than Wal-Mart's current price.
i agree, i just want the same price on amazon so i can preorder from there and cancel my shout factory preorder
Old June 5th, 2018, 04:11 PM #75
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

When the listing for this first came up at Wal-Mart's site, it had the best price so far. Now for some reason, it has gone up there nearly as high as the MSRP. Best Buy and Bull Moose have listings for this now, and now their prices are the best so far. Bull Moose is selling it for $149.97 while Best Buy is selling it for just two cents more.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/27325086/...iABEgIS2PD_BwE

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/mighty-...skuId=34132347
Old June 6th, 2018, 07:27 AM #76
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

come on amazon! catch up lol
Old June 13th, 2018, 10:54 AM #77
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

i'm still curious though, how many people here are buying this new limited edition set? it sounds like not many are. i know i am for sure.
Old June 13th, 2018, 10:59 AM #78
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

I'm just hoping we get a separate release for the movie Blu-ray. Has there been any clarification on whether Shout! has the rights, or if this is a special one-time-only concession from Fox?
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 11:21 AM #79
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

no news yet.
Old June 13th, 2018, 11:50 AM #80
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

johnboy3434 wrote: View Post

I'm just hoping we get a separate release for the movie Blu-ray. Has there been any clarification on whether Shout! has the rights, or if this is a special one-time-only concession from Fox?
I can tell you that they've been asked on Twitter and they never gave an answer.