Home Menu

Menu

Old May 9th, 2018, 09:28 PM #41
jraymond

jraymond

I was't lucky enough to get the Legacy release, if this version eventually ships to the UK I could be tempted souly for the blu ray movie!
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 10:00 PM #42
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

LilL92 wrote: View Post

I was't lucky enough to get the Legacy release, if this version eventually ships to the UK I could be tempted souly for the blu ray movie!
Your only option would be to order from a site like Amazon that does ship to places outside of North America. I've already posted a link to it.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 10:02 PM #43
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

Deleted scenes from the 1995 movie still haven't been shown to the public to this day
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 10:08 PM #44
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

I just realized that the week of release date of this set is the same one back in 2012 where the original MMPR complete series set along with the seasons 4-7 set was put out by TimeLife.
Old May 9th, 2018, 10:21 PM #45
> PR Master
Beige Ranger

PR Master
Beige Ranger

Probably only in the USA...

But I welcome SHOUT! Factory to prove me wrong.
PR Master is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 10:25 PM #46
> Cyrax9
VIP Rider

Cyrax9
VIP Rider

I simultaneously love and hate to say that I'll be buying this. I love it because I'm happy to finally have more than an incomplete season that's technically the second half of another season of the series on Blu–Ray in the form of MMPR:TM, (which really is long overdue for a Blu–Ray release,) and I'm thrilled to have Steelbook "staring at on the shelf" editions of MMPR, but at the same time, having bought the original Mega Set via Time Life, and the Legacy Set five years ago, I do feel like I'm triple dipping more than I'd hope too for fancy packaging. (On the flip–side, if Shout! Factory unearthed any additional original MMPR broadcast masters or added "Today on Power Rangers" segments to these episodes, even if they were just the ones that had footage that differed from the final episode, I'd lose any regrets about triple–dipping fairly instantaneously.) This is still a pleasant surprise though, and it's good to see a Blu–Ray in the mix too.

This set actually reminds me a little bit of the Star Trek set from 2016 that contained that franchise's original series, animated series, and first six feature films, both in terms of the aesthetics in collector–oriented packaging, and in terms of content included, (all "original series" nostaliga bait,) particularly in the sense that both feature the first Blu–Ray release of a highly sought after installement in the respective franchise. (For Star Trek it was TAS, for PR it's MMPR:TM.)

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised that Shout! Factory stopped with MMPR and didn't basically make this a reissue of the original Time Life release of the "Zordon Seasons + Lost Galaxy" with the two films on Blu–Ray, but at the same time, I can see why they wanted to limit the fancy packaging to MMPR for the anniversary. Still, this will be $160 well spent.
Cyrax9 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 10:38 PM #47
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

PR Master wrote: View Post

Prove you wrong about what?

Cyrax9 wrote: View Post

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised that Shout! Factory stopped with MMPR and didn't basically make this a reissue of the original Time Life release of the "Zordon Seasons + Lost Galaxy" with the two films on Blu–Ray, but at the same time, I can see why they wanted to limit the fancy packaging to MMPR for the anniversary. Still, this will be $160 well spent.
It'll also be available on Amazon. So it'll show up on other sites in the future. I'll let you know if I find a place that offers it the cheapest.
Old May 10th, 2018, 01:41 AM #48
> There D Hood
Follow me @There_D_Hood

There D Hood
Follow me @There_D_Hood

chronoxiong wrote: View Post

This is like Funimation and their DBZ rights. Just keep re-selling the first MMPR series, add some new special content and sell it for full price. Yet people will still fork money for it. Lol. I have seriously lost count of how many DBZ DVD sets were made. I'm sure the hardcore fans will buy this set though. I give those peeps props.
Even though Shout Factory keeps making new releases for MMPR, at least they gave us a more or less proper release of the show itself and each release has something new to them.

I'd rather compare Dragon Ball Z to the original Star Wars trilogy where they just don't want to give you an untouched version for no reason even if they know people will buy it in droves. With each release, they'll somehow find a way to mess it up. Short of buying the original single DVD/VHS releases It's taboo for me to own DBZ uncropped with its original aspect ratio and with both the English and Japanese voices/soundtrack.

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

Prove you wrong about what?
About this being a U.S. only release.
There D Hood is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 04:37 AM #49
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

There D Hood wrote: View Post

About this being a U.S. only release.
If that's what he was referring to, then he should have quoted that post. I posted something six minutes after it, and his post is thirteen minutes after mine.
Old May 10th, 2018, 09:50 AM #50
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Cyrax9 wrote: View Post

I simultaneously love and hate to say that I'll be buying this. I love it because I'm happy to finally have more than an incomplete season that's technically the second half of another season of the series on Blu–Ray in the form of MMPR:TM, (which really is long overdue for a Blu–Ray release,) and I'm thrilled to have Steelbook "staring at on the shelf" editions of MMPR, but at the same time, having bought the original Mega Set via Time Life, and the Legacy Set five years ago, I do feel like I'm triple dipping more than I'd hope too for fancy packaging. (On the flip–side, if Shout! Factory unearthed any additional original MMPR broadcast masters or added "Today on Power Rangers" segments to these episodes, even if they were just the ones that had footage that differed from the final episode, I'd lose any regrets about triple–dipping fairly instantaneously.) This is still a pleasant surprise though, and it's good to see a Blu–Ray in the mix too.

This set actually reminds me a little bit of the Star Trek set from 2016 that contained that franchise's original series, animated series, and first six feature films, both in terms of the aesthetics in collector–oriented packaging, and in terms of content included, (all "original series" nostaliga bait,) particularly in the sense that both feature the first Blu–Ray release of a highly sought after installement in the respective franchise. (For Star Trek it was TAS, for PR it's MMPR:TM.)

yea i agree. i wasn't one of those peeps who bought the legacy helmet, cuz well that huge ass helmet and those oddly shaped power coin cases were just too oversized. i didnt have any place to really place that set. so i had to give up on it even though i really wanted the exclusive bonus disc. thankfully i got that bonus disc down the road anyway, so in the end i only got the timelife set, so this new set is only me buying it twice. the packaging alone is what sold me. i LOVE steelbooks, im a big collector of them. so the fact that shout added in the movie is a huge ass bonus and i think well worth the double dip.

i know peeps are pissed because they already rightfully own the sets, but this really isn't for them. it's for those who didn't buy the sets and they get a perk, the movie on bluray for the first time!

i mean we all know the bluray movie will be released on its own down the road so for those upset, just hold out a lil while longer. i think it's almost definitely going to be released. but i'm going to proudly display this new beautiful set! i hope there is inside artwork on the volume cases as well! also, i hope someone told shout factory and brian about other bonus features that have been released prior or even not fully, like that movie feature that was shown on tv but i think cut down for the dvd release?

PR Master wrote: View Post

well yea, shout can't sell this on their site outside the US, unless it gets released for sale on other sites. which it is now on amazon, and amazon sells overseas....
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 11:58 PM #51
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

i'm guessing the deleted scenes from the 1995 MMPR movie will never see the light of day, or you think they were destroyed, discarded?
Old May 11th, 2018, 06:59 AM #52
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

i'm guessing the deleted scenes from the 1995 MMPR movie will never see the light of day, or you think they were destroyed, discarded?
so there was a deleted scene? i dont remember honestly. i dont think i ever owned the dvd release of the movie, just the VHS version.
Old May 11th, 2018, 09:37 AM #53
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

megagao wrote: View Post

i know peeps are pissed because they already rightfully own the sets, but this really isn't for them. it's for those who didn't buy the sets and they get a perk, the movie on bluray for the first time!

i mean we all know the bluray movie will be released on its own down the road
Do we really though?
Old May 11th, 2018, 01:10 PM #54
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Do we really though?
yea. i'm pretty sure.
Old May 11th, 2018, 08:23 PM #55
> NeoZeoRedRanger
Power Ranger

NeoZeoRedRanger
Power Ranger

The ONLY real thing I'm hoping for on the blu-ray is the CORRECT logo
THIS, like was on the original VHS release

NOT THIS, from every other DVD release
NeoZeoRedRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2018, 01:06 AM #56
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

megagao wrote: View Post

yea. i'm pretty sure.
Thta's not enough. Right now it looks like they can't do that unless they include it with something like this. So there's a part of me that wishes they didn't bother.
Old May 12th, 2018, 01:09 AM #57
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

Thta's not enough. Right now it looks like they can't do that unless they include it with something like this. So there's a part of me that wishes they didn't bother.
So they can't put Mighty Morphin in the title for Fox copyright reasons? Similar reason as to why it took this long to get a Blu-ray release?
Old May 12th, 2018, 01:39 AM #58
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

So they can't put Mighty Morphin in the title for Fox copyright reasons? Similar reason as to why it took this long to get a Blu-ray release?
I don't know about that, but I was referring to how it seems like they can't put out their MMPR:TM Blu-ray disc unless it's packaged with something they already have the rights to. It sounds like how they got rights to put out Samurai, Super Samurai, and Megaforce, but only by including them in the legacy set.
Old May 12th, 2018, 03:34 AM #59
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

I doubt that Shout will sell MMPRTM the movie separately. Face it, Shout know we want the movie and are bundling it up with MMPR DVDs to maximize profits, much how they bundled up the bonus discs with the Legacy Set, which meant people who had bought the Mega Sets had to re-buy content to get the bonus disc.

I'm personally not a fan when companies do things like this. But I guess I'm in the minority, as it seems to be a viable business strategy, so more power to them.

I suppose to be fair to Shout, Fox might have required them to do a bundle to get the movie rights. But I'd be surprised if Fox wanted a bundle that's this expensive, especially as their MMPRTM DVD retails for about $5 (and Fox seem to have no interest in releasing a blu-ray, so it's not like a Shout version would have been direct competition).
big smile is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2018, 04:02 AM #60
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

big smile wrote: View Post

I'm personally not a fan when companies do things like this. But I guess I'm in the minority, as it seems to be a viable business strategy, so more power to them.

I suppose to be fair to Shout, Fox might have required them to do a bundle to get the movie rights. But I'd be surprised if Fox wanted a bundle that's this expensive, especially as their MMPRTM DVD retails for about $5 (and Fox seem to have no interest in releasing a blu-ray, so it's not like a Shout version would have been direct competition).
I don't think you're the minority in that. I really don't.

I don't think Fox cares how Shout! Factory bundles the Blu-ray with anything, as long as they don't try selling it on its own. I guess that Shout! Factory figured that if anything is suitable to bundle it with, it's the complete MMPR set. Now let's say that Shout! Factory doesn't need to bundle it with anything and can sell it on their own. Why wouldn't they? They could even release it on the same day as the MMPR 25th anniversary set.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.