Old May 29th, 2019, 06:40 AM #261
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

VarHyid wrote: View Post

I'm not directly from Germany (close, though), but was watching German TV as a kid via cable. I also speak German thanks to part of my family being German, but yes, I'm in Europe so not every store ships stuff from the US. Amazon does and I already ordered the stand-alone seasons from them (arriving Friday).

As for reporting to eBay. Here's the thing - yesterday before I knew for sure that these are bootlegs, I contacted the seller asking her where did she get this set from because of the poor quality and partial damage. I didn't want a refund yet, was just curious to see what she says and she gave me a genuine impression. Said she's getting them from different vendors, usually ones who had too much stock and couldn't sell them. She offered me the option to return them, but that would generate more costs + she'd probably have to pay import fees + I want to keep the booklet and bonus disc so yesterday I declined. Despite that, she still sent me $20 back without having to return anything as an apology for the inconvenience.

I contacted her again now asking for a full refund and explaining the situation, the differences and gave her Shot's video. Not sure if she'll comply, but based on how she reacted so far, I'm willing to give her the chance to solve this without involving eBay and dump the vendor she got it from.

Maybe that's naive and maybe she's bluffing and knows exactly what's going on, I'll be the judge based on how she deals with it, but so far, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and don't want to report her for piracy or force-refund it via PayPal just yet. If she's genuinely unaware of this and maybe really got a bad bootleg batch from one vendor, I don't want to screw someone's livelihood if it turns out to be a real mistake.

As for the sizes - yeah, all the "fake" discs are pretty much exactly 4.7 GB, they're all single-layers.

---EDIT---

Update! As I sent this post, she replied. She didn't say anything just "your entire payment has been refunded"... and really did refund it, got the confirmation from PayPal.

Not sure what to think, maybe she knows exactly what she's doing and figured it's best to just give me the money and shut me up, but I'm willing to let this go at this point. I got my money back and learned how good counterfeit DVDs have become.

thats awesome news. now for future pr set purchases, they should all be made from amazon. at least you got your money back. nowadays the pr sets are going on sale a lot, so i'm sure you can start picking them up lil by lil. i suggest getting the megasets since they come with amazing bonus features.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 09:43 AM #262
> powerfanatic
Power Ranger

powerfanatic
Power Ranger

The megasets have been on sale lately? I must have missed it... Been waiting to get a couple that I'm still missing
powerfanatic is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 12:37 PM #263
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

powerfanatic wrote: View Post

The megasets have been on sale lately? I must have missed it... Been waiting to get a couple that I'm still missing
They were on sale at Shout! Factory's own site about a week ago. Other than that, I don't know of any other sales.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 11th, 2019, 06:12 PM #264
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Photos of the individual MMPR season 2 steelbook release.

Old August 13th, 2019, 07:06 PM #265
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Pictures of how the individual MMPR season 3 steelbook set is packaged.

All three individual steelbook sets together, with their paper backings.

Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:31 AM #266
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

Wait, where did they get a promotional image of the Ninja Rangers from Final Face-Off?!
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 12:00 PM #267
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon wrote: View Post

Wait, where did they get a promotional image of the Ninja Rangers from Final Face-Off?!
your noticing this now? it's been in the mega set booklet for years now.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 12:12 PM #268
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

megagao wrote: View Post

your noticing this now? it's been in the mega set booklet for years now.
As well as on the rear cover of the regular season 3 set.