Home Menu

Menu

Old July 15th, 2019, 09:40 AM #3741
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

RLM is Rick & Morty for movie buffs. They're eye-rollingly cynical about everything and their fanbase is even worse. Every time they do a SW video I sigh because I'm gonna be hearing their talking points regurgitated at me by some dude at a party who thinks he's a film critic.
And their famous "endless trash" video is absolutely insufferable. I don't see how people thought it was funny.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2019, 04:27 AM #3742
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Reminder: ANH is on Turner Classic Movies tonight at 10:30 PM Eastern, with an encore showing tomorrow at 8 PM Eastern.

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/?ecid=subnavfulltcmschedule

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.ht...ate=2019-07-31
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2019, 05:52 PM #3743
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

In Disney’s Star Wars Canon, Trash Compactor Monster ‘Baptized’ Luke
https://bleedingfool.com/blogs/new-d...baptized-luke/
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Baptist

Fucking what
Dead2009 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2019, 10:21 PM #3744
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Dead2009 wrote: View Post

In Disney’s Star Wars Canon, Trash Compactor Monster ‘Baptized’ Luke
https://bleedingfool.com/blogs/new-d...baptized-luke/
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Baptist

Fucking what
It's just stories from "A certain point of View." From that story it took that of the compact monster. Which expands upon the notion that all living things are apart of the force. She also had apparently intellect.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2019, 10:04 AM #3745
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Some potential spoilers on the Sith Troopers and their weapons

https://www.inverse.com/article/5823...ror-connection
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2019, 10:11 AM #3746
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

I love everything that I read there except MORE FUCKING PLANET CRUSHERS. It's old, people. The shock is gone.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2019, 10:22 AM #3747
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

I love everything that I read there except MORE FUCKING PLANET CRUSHERS. It's old, people. The shock is gone.
What a planet crusher that is a person?
MutekiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2019, 11:02 AM #3748
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

I think they mean like the Sun Crusher from TFA. Eh considering the similarities with the classic trilogy, having one similar to the incomplete Death Star from RotJ probably makes sense for RoS I suppose...though it does lead to more "it's copying the original too much" complaints.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2019, 12:27 PM #3749
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Some potential spoilers on the Sith Troopers and their weapons

https://www.inverse.com/article/5823...ror-connection
Interesthing so the Emperor created a Elite force, which was always be there in the Shadow watching the actions of First Order, and for I read, Kylo Ren bring back Darth Sidious and is not suprise he dont share power.

Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2019, 08:20 AM #3750
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

To be fair, once you've introduced that level of weaponry, anything less just isn't as threatening. It doesn't matter about shock, it's just the new baseline for heaviest weapon. It's why people didn't go back to archers after the gun was invented. The idea of multiple planet destroying weapons especially years after the first one is introduced, makes sense. Realistically, it'd come down to a war of Death Star cannons if they hadn't added the Kyber Crystal to the backstory.

I think that would have been a more interesting angle for peace being kept in the new Republic. The major powers all had their own Death Star level weapon to keep former Imperials in line and for former Imperials to keep retalliation under control. A giant game of Space Mutually Assured Destruction. Then Starkiller wipes them all out at once resetting the status quo and giving them the edge over everyone.

That said, I really doubt this rumor is any kind of true. Unless the Sith Troopers are clones who grew up in training in hiding or old and aged out of service years ago. This rumor really forgets how much time passed between trilogies.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2019, 01:22 AM #3751
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

To be fair, once you've introduced that level of weaponry, anything less just isn't as threatening. It doesn't matter about shock, it's just the new baseline for heaviest weapon. It's why people didn't go back to archers after the gun was invented. The idea of multiple planet destroying weapons especially years after the first one is introduced, makes sense. Realistically, it'd come down to a war of Death Star cannons if they hadn't added the Kyber Crystal to the backstory.

I think that would have been a more interesting angle for peace being kept in the new Republic. The major powers all had their own Death Star level weapon to keep former Imperials in line and for former Imperials to keep retalliation under control. A giant game of Space Mutually Assured Destruction. Then Starkiller wipes them all out at once resetting the status quo and giving them the edge over everyone.

That said, I really doubt this rumor is any kind of true. Unless the Sith Troopers are clones who grew up in training in hiding or old and aged out of service years ago. This rumor really forgets how much time passed between trilogies.
If had remains some kind of Elite force of the Empire which stayed in the Unknows reagions and could keep the control others Star Systems of even to the First Order forces that could works, and if Starkiller be outside of the War to keep the control of the others forces, because we know too General Huz is going to had a important role if i remember well, the all Kylo Ren and General Hux rivalty.

The Sith Troopers makes more sense they be clones, if i remember well during the Force Awaken Kylo Ren always prefers to make a Army of Clones instead like General Huz and Phasma had, the Clones were more easy to control and dont questions orders, I suppose with the Rise of the First Order had diferent dynamic from the Empire
Old August 6th, 2019, 08:39 AM #3752
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Akumaru wrote: View Post

If had remains some kind of Elite force of the Empire which stayed in the Unknows reagions and could keep the control others Star Systems of even to the First Order forces that could works, and if Starkiller be outside of the War to keep the control of the others forces, because we know too General Huz is going to had a important role if i remember well, the all Kylo Ren and General Hux rivalty.

The Sith Troopers makes more sense they be clones, if i remember well during the Force Awaken Kylo Ren always prefers to make a Army of Clones instead like General Huz and Phasma had, the Clones were more easy to control and dont questions orders, I suppose with the Rise of the First Order had diferent dynamic from the Empire
That's the other part that makes it questionable, the First Order itself was in the unknown regions hiding out to build its army up from raiding and stealing children. It's kind of a weak story to go back and say "Also these guys were also hiding out in that region, they just never crossed paths"
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2019, 09:04 AM #3753
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

That's the other part that makes it questionable, the First Order itself was in the unknown regions hiding out to build its army up from raiding and stealing children. It's kind of a weak story to go back and say "Also these guys were also hiding out in that region, they just never crossed paths"
Both Empire and First Order were in the Unknown regins for make more easy for they created there own armys, in fact is very dificult not crossed path, if the Empire let a StarKiller kind of Abandoned with no Forces to keep anyone to going inside is dificult to imagine that, a vessel with that Power, and i dont imagine Kylo Ren ignored sucj power, because Kylo Ren always seems prove prefer use weaposn related with the Empire, since most of the tecnology he mention was takes from the Empire

I dont think Sidious was going to let anyone take the power witout any curcunsanse, because i dont know the Mamon is going to enter in the plot and the Sith Artifact
Old August 9th, 2019, 02:15 PM #3754
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

The first installment of a new series of animated shorts, Star Wars Roll Out, where all the characters will be BB-8-ified. Or, BB-8 himself.

Old August 9th, 2019, 02:42 PM #3755
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ The Style of Animation is nice !!!
Old August 12th, 2019, 01:07 PM #3756
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Percussionist Don Williams, brother of John, says his brother has a long score for The Rise of Skywalker. 2 hours and 15 minutes, And none of the other scores were the same length as the movie, all of them being shorter in length. So, we could be looking at an Avengers: Endgame sized finale for the Skywalker Saga.

https://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-...-score-length/
Old August 12th, 2019, 05:52 PM #3757
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

After reading about what happened with Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo in Star Wars: Age of Resistance Special, it made think back to when I was watching The Last Jedi on May 4 of this year and I looked at a scene in a different way. When Hux yelled, "Fire on that cruiser" just as Holdo was about the launch the Cruiser Raddus at the First Order's Mega-class Star Dreadnought Supremacy, it made me think back to the nightmarish midnight scene in Disney's animated Cinderella when the Grand Duke was trying to stop Cinderella's coach from leaving the ball. Even though he wasn't actually a villain in that movie, the way he was ordering the gates to be closed and guards to chase after the carriage was similar to Hux who was trying to prevent something from happening during an intense moment but was unsuccessful.
ranger_scout is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 11:16 AM #3758
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 02:11 PM #3759
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

And for those who havent watched the trailer, it's been announced Season Two will be the final season for Resistance. It will fill the gap between The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...160048151.html
Old August 14th, 2019, 02:40 PM #3760
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ Seems will be like the Star Wars Clone Wars animation in CN it was between the Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith...

Tags
porgs