Home Menu

Menu

Old April 18th, 2017, 01:18 PM #1
> ⚡McAster
I engage in motion

McAster
I engage in motion

Star Wars Discussion: The Ever Expanding Universe

Ah Star Wars new thread, nothing but Star Wars. What a time to be a fan. So here are the upcoming main stories to expand the lore and introduce new characters.

Star Wars Episode 8 The Last Jedi: Rey meets her hero, Luke gets grumpy, Finn wakes up to a fangirl, Leia raises support, Kylo gets his evil groove on, Phasma seeks revenge Poe loses yet another ship, and BB-9 keeps balling.

Han Solo: A Star Wars Story. We named the nerf "Han", or other actual tales of his youth. With best friend Lando set to appear.

EA's Star Wars Battlefront II. Revenge for the Emperor, a new star for Stormtroopers in Iden Versio and what happened following the battle of Endor.

Thawn novel. He's blue, but not as bad as you might think. At least compared to what is in unknown space.

Star Wars Rebels. This is the end, the final pushes to help ensure the galaxy can survive long enough to find A New Hope. Who will survive other than Chopper, who else gets to ride a giant wolf?

Star Wars Comic. After Vader's rise to the top of the fleet and Yoda fought a living mountain, see how Luke becomes a Jedi and uncover what legacy he may carry on.

Star Wars: Doctor Aphra. Comic. What secrets of the ancient Jedi will this archaeologist with no morals discover? Who is protecting them? What did the Jedi of old do to keep them hidden? Guest staring the two most murder happy droids you'll ever know.

Darth Vader comic. Year One for his lord of the Sith. How much of Anakinwas left in that suit at the end of Episode 3? How far into darkness does he go to cope with the pain? Plus we discover more about the Inquisitors program.

Captain Phasma Comic. A trash compacter? A planet exploding? Nothing can keep the ultimate Stormtrooper down.

Captain Phasma Novel. How did she come to worship the legacy of Emperor Palpatine? Why does she have such pride in being a stormtrooper? Her origin.

Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View novel. Previously known as Operation Blue Milk, this is 40 stories by 40 well known authors telling stories from a New Hope from the perspective of background characters. What was it like for the stormtroopers who couldn't find the droids they were looking for, who were the other heroes in the X-Wings, and more.
A project in support of First Book charity, so each book sold goes to a good cause.
McAster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 01:29 PM #2
> ⚡McAster
I engage in motion

McAster
I engage in motion

Last Jedi Teaser Trailer.
https://youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

Battlefront 2 Story Trailer.
https://youtu.be/Kae-JjbLsgA

Star Wars Comics from Marvel.
http://marvel.com/comics/events/327/star_wars

Discussions from the preview thread , which dates back to 2006. That's old Legends Universe, Knights of the Old Republic universe, and then Canon universe.

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Forces of Destiny microseries confirmed.

http://www.starwars.com/news/rey-ahs...d-micro-series
Carrie Fisher tribute.
https://youtu.be/sE99le5FBrY

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Rose, played by Kelly Marie Tran, could be the breakout character of The Last Jedi.

Quantum Wolf wrote: View Post

Funny, comments I read online about the prospect of this idea, those who have never read Legends material, aren't receptive to this either. I wonder why?

Could it be because of the uphill climb the story would have to take to go against 40 years perception of clear good and evil? I mean even taking old EU material into this, the clear issue that we've been told and shown time and again that the Dark Side is, well, DARK. We don't know or have never seen it be used for the purposes of inherent goodness. Various material has admitted that to give into the Dark Side is to poison or self-corruption of oneself. On the flip-side of that, we've never seen the Light Side be used in any negative way. It's always been drilled into our heads that the light is good and all those who wield and given themselves into it are just and noble beings. We have never seen a Jedi zealot or like a knight templar.

Could it be because of the idea that we haven't seen any other orders of the Force apart from the Jedi or Sith? We still don't know who these Knights of Ren are, and we have only ever seen the Jedi on screen. Legends material shows plenty of other orders, but for narrative convenience they are shown to be either too different from the Jedi to be of any worth following up on, or weaker/subservient to the Sith.

Perhaps the new canon has been building up this whole thing all along? After all, in Rebels, we have The Bendu, the creature representative of the balance. This could be an attempt at a do-over, since how it was done in Legends was so divisive that story arcs after New Jedi Order had to backpedal on the idea?
AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Sorry to burst your bubble, guys but Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that Leia will not appear in Episode IX, which contradicted Carrie Fisher's brother Todd saying that deleted footage of her from The Last Jedi would be used for her appearance in Episode IX.

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=46807515

A fan at Celebration got Hayden Christensen to sign.a jar of Anakin's least favorite thing.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaher...1MW#.qf1NkMWYl
AshiusX wrote: View Post

I think the style of lightsaber each in trilogy acts as a good visual metaphor for the state of the Jedi Order.

The prequels were in a more in civilized age. During that time the Jedi order was highly ritualistic and formal.

It is was more of a so-called civilized age in the Galaxy at the time. Elegance and Formality reigned supreme . So the lightsabers duels followed suit. With the fall of the Jedi order. Such style has fallen out of favor. Thus lightsaber reverted to more of a primitive style.

In the Chinese wuxia genre about mythical martial artists with supernatural abilities. The further back in time the characters are the more powerful characters are. So it could be akin to that.
And prior to that, was the Empire good for the universe? How can Legends stuff fit in after Thawn and old Jedi logos appearing in Canon universe? Knights of the Old Republic universe. Cancelled video games. Theme parks. More.
McAster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 05:33 PM #3
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

New threads are a natural part of RangerBoard. Rejoice for old threads that transform into RangerBoard. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed it is.

Still can't believe that old thread lasted 10+ years. But at any rate, took a gander at that Battlefront II trailer, and that looks really good. PS4 is something I may potentially get, and if I do, Battlefront II will be near top of the list for me.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 05:39 PM #4
> AshiusX
Inoue-ist

AshiusX
Inoue-ist

New threads are a natural part of RangerBoard. Rejoice for old threads that transform into RangerBoard. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed it is.
This post put a smile on my face.

AshiusX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 06:27 PM #5
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Kathleen Kennedy revealed in an interview with MTV that the next anthology movie after the Han Solo movie will be announced this summer.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/...iew_173418.asp
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 06:38 PM #6
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Please be an Obi-Wan movie, please be an Obi-Wan movie, please be an Obi-Wan movie...

As for Anakin and his eternal hatred of sand...

Old April 18th, 2017, 07:36 PM #7
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Disney planning to just wreck Mattel
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 02:18 AM #8
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

one guy said that maybe Leia was going to die in The Last Jedi anyway, she wasn't, well that wasn't the original intention, she was intended to return for Episode 9 but sadly passed away before that happend, so i wonder if her character is going to be killed off in The Last Jedi or not, or if her death will only be mentioned in literature, novels or in comics.
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 07:37 AM #9
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

Episode 8 is not being changed in any way. As I noted, this has already been officially confirmed.
DigificWriter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 09:29 AM #10
> Arystar
Power Ranger

Arystar
Power Ranger

Im wondering if they will make luke go darkside, especially after Mark Hamil stated in a last interview that he did not like what the writers did to his character.

Storywise I see Disney doing a crapshoot again and making a good franchise into a wreck...ironic that this comment should be stated on this forum xD
Arystar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 09:00 AM #11
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

I really hope TLJ & IX will see new TIE variants. While the First Order/Special Forces TIEs are massively souped up compared to the standard Empire TIES, they really need to have better variants. Legends had tons of great TIE variants and I'm happy to see at least one of them carry over to Canon.

Plus, more toys to sell.
Old April 20th, 2017, 01:37 PM #12
> DynoRanger
Power Ranger

DynoRanger
Power Ranger

In the next movies I would like to see more lightsaber color variants like you see in the old republic.
DynoRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 01:58 PM #13
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

DynoRanger wrote: View Post

In the next movies I would like to see more lightsaber color variants like you see in the old republic.
That's not happening.
Old April 20th, 2017, 02:30 PM #14
> Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !

Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !

Nah I am doing what I want I am a Bendu
Otokusastu Zetto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 05:00 PM #15
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

DigificWriter wrote: View Post

That's not happening.
How do you know that?
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 05:49 PM #16
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

Episode 8 is not being changed in any way. As I noted, this has already been officially confirmed.
so i guess that means there is a strong possibility that Carrie Fishers character Leia, lives and survives in The Last Jedi, her character death will probably be mention in novel form, or shown in comic form, and if they sadly didn't get to film either both or one of these scenes, they will probably be depicted in novel form or comic form, Leia having a reunion with Luke, or Leia confronting or having an encounter with her son Kylo Ren
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 07:15 PM #17
> Brown Ranger
Que Boom!

Brown Ranger
Que Boom!

Kathleen Kennedy revealed in an interview with MTV that the next anthology movie after the Han Solo movie will be announced this summer.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/...iew_173418.asp
Please let it be Boba Fett. Please let it be Boba Fett. Please let it be Boba Fett.
Brown Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 08:07 PM #18
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

Sailor Peppered Poopsicle wrote: View Post

How do you know that?
Because of what the Prequels, The Clone Wars, Rebels, and other materials have established about why lightsabers are the colors that they are.
Old April 20th, 2017, 08:12 PM #19
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Because of what the Prequels, The Clone Wars, Rebels, and other materials have established about why lightsabers are the colors that they are.
Why would any of that prevent there being more color variants in the next movie?

A lack of new lightsabers in the movie would be the only thing that could prevent that.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 08:17 PM #20
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

^ Because they're not going to contradict what they've explained/established about why the vast majority of lightsabers are blue, green, or red just for the sake of creating 'new' color variants in future films.

Tags
porgs