New mutants line up revealed for the X-men spin-off

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/...utants-lineup/
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 10:11 AM #22
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Or at least teased. I expect that Warlock would either be changed into being a traditional mutant, or he'll be central to the story and we'll do the whole Technarchy business.
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 10:38 AM #23
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

New mutants line up revealed for the X-men spin-off

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/...utants-lineup/
It shouldn't be so shocking that the line up for New Mutants is the New Mutants line up but it oddly is.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 11:27 AM #24
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Cannonball and Magik are all I need.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 11:31 AM #25
> The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet

The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet

I fail to see why they couldn't have revived the Mutant X tv show and give it a "Daredevil/Netflix" makeover. The people within the show, who possessed superhuman abilities, were referred to as "New Mutants".

Along the way, there have been several grassroots fandom efforts to save Mutant X from disappearing, some more effective than others. With the cancellation of Mutant X, Tribune floated the idea of a possible television movie which would resolve the unfinished plotlines of the third season's cliffhanger.
The Blue Enforcer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 11:35 AM #26
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

The Blue Enforcer wrote: View Post

I fail to see why they couldn't have revived the Mutant X tv show and give it a "Daredevil/Netflix" makeover.
Dude, it's dead, buried and bugs have eaten the remains. Let it go.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 11:55 AM #27
> The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet

The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet

Primo David Frank wrote: View Post

Dude, it's dead, buried and bugs have eaten the remains. Let it go.

Old May 4th, 2016, 11:56 AM #28
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

The Mutant X TV show had absolutely nothing at all in this or any world to do with the X-Men franchise except for the word "mutant". There was a Mutant X comic, but it was entirely seperate.
Miraculous Bikkun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 12:14 PM #29
> The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet

The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet

B-kun wrote: View Post

The Mutant X TV show had absolutely nothing at all in this or any world to do with the X-Men franchise except for the word "mutant". There was a Mutant X comic, but it was entirely seperate.
That could always be subject to change. Remember, Spider-Man wasn't a member of the MCU until recently with Civil War.

Besides, the Xavier Institute resides in New York and Mutant X was pretty much the Canadian version of X-Men. It's not hard to imagine that both teams could exist in the same universe.
Old May 4th, 2016, 12:32 PM #30
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

I'm loving the line-up. So glad Magik's finally coming into the movies. Hopefully they keep her as Colossus' sister. Hell, after Deadpool I want Colossus to show up again.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 12:34 PM #31
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

That could always be subject to change. Remember, Spider-Man wasn't a member of the MCU until recently with Civil War.

Besides, the Xavier Institute resides in New York and Mutant X was pretty much the Canadian version of X-Men. It's not hard to imagine that both teams could exist in the same universe.
You don't understand, Mutant X was never intended in any singl form to be connected to the X-Men. The only reason Marvel's name was on it was they required Marvel's permission to use "Mutant" in a TV show name. This is exactly like people bringing up Filmation's Ghostbusters; the name is literally the only connecting factor.
Miraculous Bikkun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 01:00 PM #32
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

It can't for a variety of reasons but most importantly the whole Fox lawsuit against the companies involved with Mutant X. This isn't a matter of rights sharing to recover profit loss like Spider-Man, Mutant X had to do everything it could to legally separate itself from the X-men franchise just to exist and even then they still ended up killing the companies that made it due to the legal battle.

Man, the concepts aren't even the same. The mutants are artificially created in Mutant X, not natural evolution. It's a corporation vs subjects type story. The main guy is one of the creators,

It was never an adaptation of anything, just Marvel trying to make money off the X-men when it realized they screwed themselves in the rights deal with Fox by selling attaching their name to an unrelated product by syndication television show companies. It was a mess never intended to be long term anything, just a cash grab.

Also, it was really, really, bad. That's the main reason it doesn't get love, it really doesn't have a sizeable enough fanbase to give said love.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 01:16 PM #33
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

I forgot Mutant X even existed. Was it really that bad?
BlueMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 03:58 PM #34
> The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet

The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Also, it was really, really, bad. That's the main reason it doesn't get love, it really doesn't have a sizeable enough fanbase to give said love.
C'mon, it wasn't that bad. It was just cheesy.
Old May 4th, 2016, 04:04 PM #35
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

If a bunch of people here, on a Power Rangers board, says that a show like Mutant X was bad and too cheesy, that's saying something.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 08:23 PM #36
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

It shouldn't be so shocking that the line up for New Mutants is the New Mutants line up but it oddly is.
Who were you expecting?

B-kun wrote: View Post

You don't understand, Mutant X was never intended in any singl form to be connected to the X-Men. The only reason Marvel's name was on it was they required Marvel's permission to use "Mutant" in a TV show name. This is exactly like people bringing up Filmation's Ghostbusters; the name is literally the only connecting factor.
Didn't it credit Avi Arad as series creator though - that's a big credit for someone who's only role was signing off on the title?

It can't for a variety of reasons but most importantly the whole Fox lawsuit against the companies involved with Mutant X. This isn't a matter of rights sharing to recover profit loss like Spider-Man, Mutant X had to do everything it could to legally separate itself from the X-men franchise just to exist and even then they still ended up killing the companies that made it due to the legal battle.
Yeah, it's never going to be in the x-men films. Fox famously hated that it existed at all.

Man, the concepts aren't even the same. The mutants are artificially created in Mutant X, not natural evolution. It's a corporation vs subjects type story. The main guy is one of the creators
John Shea, the only one in that show who could be accused of remotely serious acting.

I don't know, once I got past his stupid appearance I thought Mophead (forgotten his actual name) was quite a sinister villain by the standards of television shows of the time, and the show shot itself in the foot by getting rid of him.

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

If a bunch of people here, on a Power Rangers board, says that a show like Mutant X was bad and too cheesy, that's saying something.
The thing is we tend to say that about our beloved Power Rangers too, but still stick with it anyway.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 05:52 AM #37
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

I would not mind having Cypher, Magma, Magik, Mirage, Karma, CannonBall, Warlock in the team, with some original new mutants! As for MutantX they could declear MutantX exists in marvel an hopefully do an should bring it! They could say MutantX exists in marvel but as rogue team! Ya do know they could say that this company developed artificial mutation to make mutants right? I think main villain of MutantX should return an fox should accept the show an be proud of it an also don't hate the show! The show may be cheesey to some but it was awesome to me! BlueEnforcer to you it cheesey but maybe to others it was great! MutantX is not bad, I liked the show! Fox may think they cant recoup their losses on it, but if Marvel can reclaim MutantX rights completely, they can bring it back! There is solution bring Xavier back an have him reclaim his home an restore the team, an declare MutantX as the Canadian branch of team! So what if Mutant powers are artificial in MutantX, they are still mutants! It may be original series but does not mean marvel cant find way to connect it, So to some it was bad, but others may have liked it an wanted more! MutantX may not have been affiliated with xmen, but it exists an should be reconized an accepted! As for Majik I am glad she is in movie! As for deadpool an colossus I am not sure to have them in it, as for Spiderman I am proud marvel got it back, as said Xavier could declare MutantX as Canadian version of team, this show should return, an they could make it Netflix series!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 07:51 AM #38
> The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet

The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet

OmniverseRanger wrote: View Post

BlueEnforcer to you it cheesey but maybe to others it was great! MutantX is not bad, I liked the show! Fox may think they cant recoup their losses on it, but if Marvel can reclaim MutantX rights completely, they can bring it back! There is solution bring Xavier back an have him reclaim his home an restore the team, an declare MutantX as the Canadian branch of team! So what if Mutant powers are artificial in MutantX, they are still mutants! It may be original series but does not mean marvel cant find way to connect it, So to some it was bad, but others may have liked it an wanted more! MutantX may not have been affiliated with xmen, but it exists an should be reconized an accepted!
Maybe 'cheesy' isn't the correct term I should use to describe it. Largely influenced by both the Matrix and X-Men, let's say that the show is incredibly dated. But I'm still a fan of the show nonetheless, and still recognize the potential it has to be better. Hence why I mentioned upthread that if revived, it should undergo a "Daredevil/Netflix" makeover. If done well, it could be on the same level of storytelling as Jessica Jones.

When you really look at it, the concept behind MutantX was a "witness protection program" ran by New Mutants use to rescue rescue their fellow New Mutants from the exploitation by covert government organizations and corrupt individuals out for personal gain aka Mason Eckhart(the Villain). This is an opportunity to have those much-needed conversations about tolerance and inclusivity.

Granted, the X-Men franchise is in the same tradition. In draws deliberate parallels between the oppression of mutants and that of other marginalized groups. But at times, it could get a little Ham Fisted.
Old May 5th, 2016, 08:12 AM #39
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

The choice of New Mutants really sort of opens up ideas of where they can go aside from just "Mutant Rights" with the X-franchise. With Magik, we could get elements of "hell" and the corruption of an innocent girl with a dark power, maybe introducing S'ym or N'astir; with Warlock we could get the Technocracy and the Magus allowing for an introduction of the cosmic into the X-universe (even without the Shi'ar at this point), Karma could perhaps allow for an introduction to the Shadow King; heck even Mirage could bring in surreal stuff like the Demon Bear. There is potential to maybe expand the Fox/X-universe beyond merely "mutant rights", it all depends on what direction this movie goes in.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 08:19 AM #40
> OmniMystechRanger

OmniMystechRanger

Ataruman wrote: View Post

The choice of New Mutants really sort of opens up ideas of where they can go aside from just "Mutant Rights" with the X-franchise. With Magik, we could get elements of "hell" and the corruption of an innocent girl with a dark power, maybe introducing S'ym or N'astir; with Warlock we could get the Technocracy and the Magus allowing for an introduction of the cosmic into the X-universe (even without the Shi'ar at this point), Karma could perhaps allow for an introduction to the Shadow King; heck even Mirage could bring in surreal stuff like the Demon Bear. There is potential to maybe expand the Fox/X-universe beyond merely "mutant rights", it all depends on what direction this movie goes in.
True an it can open other areas too, like actual issues on how mentally retarded people are treated an I am for record partially mentally retarded, also getting back to comic, it can lead to how marvel crapped on the current fantasticfour movie by making johnny as a black, I think new mutants should be nextflix series!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote