Home Menu

Menu

Old April 12th, 2015, 07:25 AM #21
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MarioRanger wrote: View Post

The specials are on it: Christmas, Halloween and Clash of the red rangers.
"Special features" means like bonus extras. Like behind-the-scenes content, interviews, or other things that aren't actual episodes. It doesn't mean the "Special" episodes.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 07:35 AM #22
> MarioRanger
Banned

MarioRanger
Banned

MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

"Special features" means like bonus extras. Like behind-the-scenes content, interviews, or other things that aren't actual episodes. It doesn't mean the "Special" episodes.
No, there isnt stuff like that on it.
MarioRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 07:52 AM #23
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

The on-screen episode titles are in english.
Warum hätten deutsche Blu-Rays das Video von der englischen Version?
HowlingSnail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 08:09 AM #24
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

He didn't say "special features" anyway. He referred to them simply as "specials", which they kind of are.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 08:16 AM #25
> MarioRanger
Banned

MarioRanger
Banned

HowlingSnail wrote: View Post

Warum hätten deutsche Blu-Rays das Video von der englischen Version?
There wasnt a german master - even on german tv there was the english version with the english episode titles.
MarioRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 08:29 AM #26
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

I've checked, and this article shows the releases are indeed coming from Just Bridge: https://powerrangersworld.wordpress....kommen-wieder/

It was being discussed on a German forum about a month ago, and the article does definitely say they're going to do Super Samurai and Megaforce.

Anyway, I need to hurry up and buy this. Does Amazon charge you for pre-orders right away or when it comes out? Though I might wait and see if the price drops after it comes out.

There wasnt a german master - even on german tv there was the english version with the english episode titles.
You'll have to forgive me for being sceptical about that. I have the German MMPR, Zeo and Turbo DVDs, and all those have the on-screen episode titles in German. I find it difficult to believe that in 2011, where changing the titles would be far easier than in 1993, they wouldn't do it.
Old April 12th, 2015, 08:43 AM #27
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

i would buy this, it has the movie in HD, but its region B so it wont play on US bluray players.....that sucks.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 08:44 AM #28
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

megagao wrote: View Post

i would buy this, it has the movie in HD, but its region B so it wont play on US bluray players.....that sucks.
I'd be sympathetic, if not for all those fancy Shout Factory sets you guys get.
Old April 12th, 2015, 09:42 AM #29
> IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay
IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay

1080p is good, that means native framerate of 23.976fps (as the Blu-ray standard doesn't support 1080p25, hence why 25fps content is released as 1080i).

I've preordered anyway a few weeks back, but I'm a bit concerned that you mention the masters are sourced from Saban Brands Europe - does this mean we'll have the wrong opening titles on Origins Part 1 and Origins Part 2 like the international masters do? The domestic masters had this corrected. If you could clear that up MarioRanger that'd be fantastic!

Many thanks
IAreSam is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:26 AM #30
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

I'd be sympathetic, if not for all those fancy Shout Factory sets you guys get.
We may have gotten a proper release of Samurai from Shout! Factory (albeit only on the legacy set), but we just don't get it on Blu-ray here.

It's not like you couldn't get Shout! Factory's releases either. You'd have to import them (by means of say, Amazon), but you could still get them. I suppose megagao could import this German release too, and even get himself a multi-region Blu-ray player. I'm inclined to do the same thing myself.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:29 AM #31
> IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay
IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay

I don't understand why region codes are an issue for people these days?! It's 2015 not 1995. Sort yourselves out people!
IAreSam is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:33 AM #32
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Hariken wrote: View Post

I don't understand why region codes are an issue for people these days?! It's 2015 not 1995. Sort yourselves out people!
I know I personally play discs on either my Laptop or PS3, neither of which I can unlock.
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:52 AM #33
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

He didn't say "special features" anyway. He referred to them simply as "specials", which they kind of are.
But the comment he was responding to specifically said "special features," which he clearly misunderstood, so I was clarifying. Clearing up that misunderstand was the entire point of my post.

There's nothing about any special features listed, so there won't be any of those.

The specials are on it: Christmas, Halloween and Clash of the red rangers.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:56 AM #34
> Mack
JASON!

Mack
JASON!

How many times more can I buy Samurai?! But it's got to be done! Ah it's like the good old days importing the MMPR DVD's from Germany!
Mack is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 11:42 AM #35
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

I know I personally play discs on either my Laptop or PS3, neither of which I can unlock.
I use my PS4 as my Blu-Ray player. Can't region unlock it and I don't want another Blu-Ray player taking space up either. I would have bought this if it was region free.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 05:58 PM #36
> archer9234
Ranger Review Creator

archer9234
Ranger Review Creator

I bought my Oppo 103 BD player so I wouldn't deal with my PS4 anymore. That has a region disable chip available.
archer9234 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 06:24 PM #37
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

yea. i too use my ps3 to play blurays. i dont want to buy a second bluray player just to see ONE show on bluray. serves no purpose personally. but maybe down the road we will get them here in the states. its happened before :-p
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 06:25 PM #38
> archer9234
Ranger Review Creator

archer9234
Ranger Review Creator

megagao wrote: View Post

yea. i too use my ps3 to play blurays. i dont want to buy a second bluray player just to see ONE show on bluray. serves no purpose personally. but maybe down the road we will get them here in the states. its happened before :-p
I have a lot of imported DVD/BD discs. So paying for my oppo was worth it. Plus, it supports all file types.
archer9234 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 07:29 PM #39
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Pepper wrote: View Post

There's no such thing as PG in germany, things are rated 0, 6, 12, 16 or 18.
That would be equivalent to the UK ratings U, PG, 12, 15 and 18 then. It should've been a 6.
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2015, 02:50 AM #40
> Cyrax9
VIP Rider

Cyrax9
VIP Rider

Pepper wrote: View Post

It's a minor detail but I really hope they use the correct opening sequences for the Origins two parter, I think when the episodes premiered Bulk and Spike were not included in the part 1 credits. I definitely don't want to see the later opening credits with Deker and Antonio.
I hope that they use the correct opening sequences for the Origins two–parter as well. You're correct that Bulk and Spike were not in the credits when the episodes premiered, (at least for their stateside premiere; I can't speak to premieres in other countries,) but that goes for both parts, not just the first. (Bulk didn't show up until the second part, and introducing him in the credits would have essentially been a spoiler to anyone watching the episodes in order.) I wouldn't be so irritated about the "wrong" credits being used for Origins if not for the fact that the "correct" credits are exclusive to that two–part episode. The credits change for The Team Unites, and having the incorrect credits on Origins effectively eliminates an entire opening from the series. I was mildly annoyed when Lionsgate botched this on the U.S. DVD release, but it wasn't inconsistent with the way that they'd handled the show as a whole. I was far more irritated by the fact that Shout! Factory apparently screwed this up as well, and used masters with the "wrong" opening instead of the one that should have been included with Origins. What's worse, I intentionally didn't bother to send Shout! Factory any post–PRRPM material that I'd recorded from television because I figured they'd be able to get it from Saban Brands. If there was some reason why they couldn't get the correct masters, and I'd known about it in advance, I'd have included my recordings of the original broadcast of Origins if only so they could pull the Origins–exclusive opening from it. I'd like to see at least one company get this right, and that opening alone would be enough of an incentive for me to import this set.

Iam the guy who worked on the german DVD sets before and now i am working on the Blu-ray Sets for the company Just Bridge.

If you have any questions - lets beginn - i will try to answer everything.
Is there any chance that you'll be able to get masters of Origins that utilize the original opening for those episodes that make no mention of Bulk and Spike, rather than the opening with Antonio and Deker in it? The following YouTube link contains the "correct" opening for Origins to give you an idea of what you're looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRkKWu-z7yU (Note that Fury/Umesh labeled this as "opening 7" rather than "opening 1" because of when it was originally broadcast. This is the Bulk, Spike, Antonio, and Deker–free version though.)

1080p is good, that means native framerate of 23.976fps (as the Blu-ray standard doesn't support 1080p25, hence why 25fps content is released as 1080i).
Although the domestic masters corrected the Origins opening, the U.S. DVDs apparently didn't bother to make use of them. I know the Lionsgate discs have the wrong openings, and I haven't gotten to them yet myself, but I'm pretty sure others have confirmed that Shout! Factory used the wrong openings on the Legacy Set as well, so to the best of my knowledge, no one has released those episodes properly yet. (The sad thing is that I'd buy those two episodes again just for the correct openings. Lionsgate could put out a PRS DVD entitled "Origins" with just those two episodes, and as long as the opening was correct, I'd buy it.)

As for Blu–Ray, you're technically correct, although there is a way to get 1080/25p material onto a Blu–Ray disc in its native framerate. It's called Progressive segmented Frame, and it's basically a way to store progressively scanned material inside of an interlaced format. Adobe Encore among other Blu–Ray authoring software is capable of handling 1080/25p material in PsF for Blu–Ray authoring. Of course, it makes a lot more sense for the original source material to be in its native 23.976 framerate. The reason 1080/25p never made it into the Blu–Ray standard is that there was no native 1080/25p material until after the aforementioned standard was created. 25fps material shot in PAL was interlaced, and anything shot in progressive scan originally came from a 24fps film source when Blu–Ray was first introduced. There was just no reason to continue dragging what was essentially a kludge for 24fps material forward further into the 21st century in a format where it didn't make sense. (While 1080/30p material probably seems equally odd, the argument could be made that the higher framerate offers a different visual look, whereas the distinction between 1080/24p and 1080/25p is negligible.)

It's an issue because my Blu–Ray player is a PS3 where I can't just disable the region–locking. (I don't have an external Blu–Ray drive that I can connect to my Macs either, at least not yet anyway, nor do I have software that would allow me to bypass the region coding for an external drive.) A better question is why studios continue to force region–locking onto consumers if it's so easy to bypass. It's obviously not doing anything to prevent piracy, and it's only keeping people who want to buy something legally originating in another country from being able to use what they've purchased.

HowlingSnail, I'm basically in the same boat as you are. I'm all for preventing piracy, but region–locking is a flat–out draconian practice, and I shouldn't have to jump through hoops when I try to do the right thing and purchase something legally. I'd probably care a lot less about this if Lionsgate was releasing PR BDs stateside instead of deciding that they weren't worth pursuing because their "Complete Season" set that wasn't complete and was poorly produced failed to sell well. I hope that if enough people import this set and bring it to PMC5 next year, someone will realize that there's a market for PR BDs in the United States, provided that they're done properly. Maybe that'd convince Lionsgate that the problem with their set was that it was poorly put together, and we'd see some Region–A releases again.

Mack wrote: View Post

How many times more can I buy Samurai?! But it's got to be done!
I know how you feel. I bought PRS on DVD from Lionsgate and Shout! Factory via the Legacy Set, and I bought it on iTunes so that I'd have an HD copy for use on mobile devices and computers that I didn't have a Blu–Ray drive for. I bought PRSS the same way, except I have a second set of discs from Lionsgate because I'd started collecting the volumes before the box set was released, and I wanted to have all of the extras, including the ones omitted from the box set. Likewise, I also have the Lionsgate BD release of PRSS, so I've got PRS and PRSS coming out of my ears. The sad thing is that even if I import these discs and find a way to play them, I'd still buy PRS/PRSS again if Lionsgate decided to do a proper BD release of the series, or if they transferred their BD license to Shout! Factory and Shout! Factory did a proper release of those seasons. In other words, I'm crazy enough to buy PRS at least two more times.
Cyrax9 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote