Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2014, 12:06 AM #61
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,433
Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,433



Yeah, in the comics, "Titans" is the name used by young adult heroes, usually former Teen Titans and allies, but like I said. They probably CAN'T use the "Teen Titans" name because of the cartoon.
Miraculous Bikkun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 12:09 AM #62
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,423
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,423



B-kun wrote: View Post

Yeah, in the comics, "Titans" is the name used by young adult heroes, usually former Teen Titans and allies, but like I said. They probably CAN'T use the "Teen Titans" name because of the cartoon.
What would stop them? Unlike CW which is a co-owned network TNT is owned by Time Warner who owns both WB and CN and we know WB owns DC comics. All the trademarks and copyrights fall under Time Warner even the animation houses that produce DC's products I believe are owned by Time Warner so the production wise everything is covered. They can legally use the Teen Titans part. However they probably don't want brand confusion so they will use the Titans instead.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 12:16 AM #63
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,472
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,472



christopherjohn wrote: View Post

However they probably don't want brand confusion so they will use the Titans instead.
[img]http://*********************************************/titans_zps9d18c910.jpg[/img]

Too late for that. :3
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 12:32 AM #64
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,433
Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,433



"Titans" may not end up being the final name, really. For all we know, it could just be a working title. Actually, y'all remember when this was being whispered around as a live-action Young Justice series for the CW?
Miraculous Bikkun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 12:20 PM #65
mbozzo's Avatar
> mbozzo
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,042
mbozzo
Power Ranger
mbozzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,042



I'm not so sure if a live-action Teen Titans series would work. If it doesn't, you can blame the Teen Titans Go cartoon.
mbozzo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 01:55 PM #66
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,472
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,472



mbozzo wrote: View Post

I'm not so sure if a live-action Teen Titans series would work.
To be fair, that's what people said about Green Arrow.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 02:01 PM #67
Philip's Avatar
> Philip
Cobalt Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 576
Philip
Cobalt Ranger
Philip's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 576



They should just call it "Nightwing" since I assume the majority of the series will revolve around him.

Oh, and Dick Grayson needs to enter a wormhole that leads him to the Gotham show for a fun story arc. Because, why not?
Philip is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 02:10 PM #68
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,472
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,472



Philip wrote: View Post

They should just call it "Nightwing" since I assume the majority of the series will revolve around him.
Which is different from the Teen Titans cartoon... how?
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 02:43 PM #69
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,423
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,423



Just throwing this out there because if we don't want to use Teen Titans and Titans we will call this show The Outsiders.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 03:09 PM #70
TyrannoRanger's Avatar
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,862
TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger
TyrannoRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,862



I'm looking forward to this. The original Teen Titans cartoon was great
TyrannoRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 03:29 PM #71
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,472
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,472



christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Just throwing this out there because if we don't want to use Teen Titans and Titans we will call this show The Outsiders.
But then people would demand Katana, and Metamorpho... it wouldn't end well.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 03:40 PM #72
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,423
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,423



Primo Haim Saban wrote: View Post

But then people would demand Katana, and Metamorpho... it wouldn't end well.
People demand a lot of things and they don't listen why should they start now?
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 04:17 PM #73
comicstar100's Avatar
> comicstar100
Pirate King
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,558
comicstar100
Pirate King
comicstar100's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,558



christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Just throwing this out there because if we don't want to use Teen Titans and Titans we will call this show The Outsiders.
Titans sounds better, I also felt the Outsiders without Batman were a bust. Like I said I'm hoping for a show about 20 somthing Titans with some history. Would be a nice alternative considering they are getting no love in the new 52.
comicstar100 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 04:30 PM #74
JNTA1234's Avatar
> JNTA1234
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,047
JNTA1234
Power Ranger
JNTA1234's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,047



Primo Haim Saban wrote: View Post

But then people would demand Katana, and Metamorpho... it wouldn't end well.
I LOVE those two.
JNTA1234 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 04:43 PM #75
Solid.wii's Avatar
> Solid.wii
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 10
Solid.wii
Power Ranger
Solid.wii's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 10



I always thought that teen titans would do well as a show so I am glad they are making it happen.
Solid.wii is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 07:13 PM #76
MerCurryMeme's Avatar
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,625
MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain
MerCurryMeme's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,625



Solid.wii wrote: View Post

I always thought that teen titans would do well as a show so I am glad they are making it happen.
Do you mean as a live action show? The Titans have two shows; one of them still on air.
MerCurryMeme is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 07:37 PM #77
True Darkness's Avatar
> True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,518
True Darkness
The Foundation of Evil
True Darkness's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,518



I would love to see the Judas Contract in live action, but unsure if it would happen since Deathstroke has appeared in Arrow. Unless of course the two shows ended up being part of a connected universe which is highly unlikely.
True Darkness is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 09:18 PM #78
comicstar100's Avatar
> comicstar100
Pirate King
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,558
comicstar100
Pirate King
comicstar100's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,558



True Darkness wrote: View Post

I would love to see the Judas Contract in live action, but unsure if it would happen since Deathstroke has appeared in Arrow. Unless of course the two shows ended up being part of a connected universe which is highly unlikely.
I'd say its very possible we could see Judus Contract especially if the team is a bit older. I'm guessing this will be its own thing outside of the CW shows. But it would be nice if they connected them to have Manu Bennett play Slade once more.
comicstar100 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 10:37 PM #79
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,472
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,472



christopherjohn wrote: View Post

People demand a lot of things and they don't listen why should they start now?
I didn't say they'd listen. But WE'D certainly have to.

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2014, 05:48 PM #80
PowerDigiDragon's Avatar
> PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,470
PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1
PowerDigiDragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,470



This hasn't been mention,but do you guys think Beast Boy will be in it? Or will they choose someone else to be with Nightwing,Raven,and Starfire.
PowerDigiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:18 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.