Home Menu

Menu

Old April 12th, 2014, 06:14 PM #81
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

*whistles*

Well dayum. But yeah, had a suspicion that this was going to be the outcome; stat-wise, the winner was always considered to be the best over the other two. So naturally, he'd take the win.

Oh, and my personal request for a future Death Battle:
-Mega Man vs Iron Man
-Godzilla vs Gamera
-Conker the Squirrel vs Deadpool
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2014, 08:50 PM #82
> thekareemofwheat
Power Ranger

thekareemofwheat
Power Ranger

I called the winner as soon as I saw what the match-up was, and it even went down in the order I predicted it.
thekareemofwheat is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2014, 09:36 PM #83
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

You gotta love the comment section in the video. Always accusing the DB team of being hacks and whatnot.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2014, 09:41 PM #84
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Quantum Wolf wrote: View Post

You gotta love the comment section in the video. Always accusing the DB team of being hacks and whatnot.
Not surprising; that's pretty much the norm for these theoretical versus fights (Superpowered Beatdown, Deadliest Warrior, etc.)
Old April 12th, 2014, 09:50 PM #85
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

The best part of that though is what I like to call the "rage" comments. You know, all those ones that reek of nothing but screaming, whining and shouting towards the videos instead of offering up some form of debate.

The debates, depending on the way they go, can be fair at times if they're not full of stupid either. Goku VS Superman's was the worst in that regard, but there were others that weren't so bad.

Ultimately I think this is because of Death Battle's mechanics. Plus the neglected fact that the Death Battles dramatizations are just that, dramatizations. Just meant to be a hypothetical scenario when we put the "facts" described in the videos together.

The TV Tropes page for this probably sums them up best:

The warriors can only know of each other if they do know each other in canon in both OFFICIAL universes (as seen with Leonardo strategizing in his match against his brothers). Otherwise, they cannot know each other's movesets. Even if they do know of each other in canon, no one is allowed to prepare for the fight (e.g. Batman and Spider-Man had to use their default weapons instead of using weapons designed to exploit each other's weaknesses, like Spider-Man's weakness to pesticides).

A battle has to end with the loser dying, at least as far as physical forms are concerned (for example, being reduced to little more than a ghost, or gods and similar characters left with no mortal avatar to continue fighting with).

Pacifist warriors will not have their peaceful nature interrupt the fight, and both combatants will have any personality restraints from killing removed. However, if their traditional arsenal uses nonlethal weapons, they cannot change it (e.g. Batman). They can only use lethal weapons if they have them as part of their regular arsenal.

All other traits will be represented with accuracy based on the warrior's canon universes (as stated with Goku, expanded universes, like GT, are only allowed to be mentioned if they do not conflict with the original canon, like the DBZ manga). All consistent and canon sources available during the time of the episode's release will be examined by the hosts. If the warrior has different canons, the canon used will most likely be the most popular depiction (e.g. G1 Starscream, G4 Rainbow Dash, and modern-day Batman). The research will avoid biases. If one warrior is allowed abilities from a non-canon source, the other warrior must be allowed to use their own non-canon sources as well. Also, if a certain depiction of the warrior has them ridiculously overpowered or inconsistent (like Shao Khan turning into a hydra in the live-action films), or powers that would be difficult to examine logically (e.g. pre-1986 Superman could destroy entire solar systems WITH A SNEEZE and could both "super-weave" and "super-shapeshift") then it will not be used. Not every weapon owned by the warriors in every canon will be used. Instead, only the ones they are commonly using (as seen with Rogue or Batman) or the battle will allow some of their best weapons (e.g. Link and Cloud were equipped with their best armor and magic). If a warrior originated from foreign media, the American dub will not be used if it contradicts the original source in any way (i.e. Goku's abilities used the Japanese canon, not the English dubs and mistranslations * which for sake of example slowed down his Instant Transmission).

To get as many common abilities as possible, the warrior will be shown at their latest depictions or their oldest age as an active warrior (e.g. Harry Potter is depicted as his is at the end of The Deathly Hallows when he learned all his skills, not while he was a young kid in The Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone where he only knew minor spells. Or Goku knowing Super Saiyan 4 and being 53 years old, which is his age in DBGT). However future canon will be avoided (some characters like Superman will gain more power in the future in DC One Million while some characters like Batman will grow old and weak like in The Dark Knight Returns.)

Summoning other combatants is not allowed unless the battle calls for it (like how Eggman and Wily fought with their armies). Unless the battle asks for multiple characters for each side, the combatants must fight alone with their weapons, even if they are used to fighting with a partner (like how Pikachu wasn't allowed to have Ash command him). The only exception is if the fighter uses a creature for an attack that can reasonably be replaced by a non-combatant projectile (like how Peach can summon a sheep that doesn't do anything but fly at the opponent and put them to sleep with contact, or the Goomba firing Mini-Goombas) or when the act would fall under using the environment to their advantage (like how Batman can summon bats from the surrounding area with his gadgets), but the fighter cannot be dependent on these creatures and, in cases of summoning as an attack, the creatures cannot act on their own (like how Link and Cloud were not allowed to use summons or fairies because the summons attack on their own once summoned and the fairies are sentient beings making a decision to help Link once he runs out of hearts).

The terrain chosen in the fight will either be a terrain from the fighters' franchises (like Superman's Metropolis or Goku's mountainous terrain) or would be a location that both warriors are experienced in (like Batman and Spider-Man fighting at night in a city). The area itself however doesn't matter nor play any role in determining the outcome of the battle, and even the entire battle itself is just a visual representation of the researchers' conclusions. The environment only becomes important if a character's skills use it, like with Leonardo hiding in the shadows or Chun-Li/Mai wall-jumping.

Vehicles, steeds, and the like are generally not allowed (for example, Batmanwas not allowed to use his Batmobile, Tails didn't have any of his mechs, and Link didn't have his horse Epona, although Harry got his broomstick and Bomberman got a Rooey).

The fight at the end of the episode is not what determines the victor in battle. It is nothing more than a fun little dramatization showcasing most if not all of the research displayed beforehand of the combatants in action. The winners are determined before the battle through quasi-scientific analysis of their abilities, and the character with the objectively better abilities will win.
Old April 13th, 2014, 12:31 AM #86
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

So in other words: it boils down to people not wanting to accept their favorite characters getting destroyed, and coming up with bizarre rationalizations to try to justify things.

---------------

Anyways, the preview seems to imply that next time will be a cyborg vs cyborg match-up, naturally from two different fighting game franchises. Any ideas on who that other one could be?

I personally am not exactly a fighting game aficionado, as the only fighting games I've really played are the Soul Calibur games, MK9, and Injustice. As such, the cyborg characters that I can think of are Cyrax and Sektor from MK.
Old April 13th, 2014, 12:46 AM #87
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

Anyways, the preview seems to imply that next time will be a cyborg vs cyborg match-up, naturally from two different fighting game franchises. Any ideas on who that other one could be?
My hopes are Fulgore vs. Monitor Cyborg, but of course that'll never happen.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2014, 09:21 AM #88
> DukeNukem 2417
Power Ranger

DukeNukem 2417
Power Ranger

I bet one of the next Death Battlers will be Jax.....remember, he got the metal arms in the third game.
DukeNukem 2417 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2014, 10:55 AM #89
> Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

So in other words: it boils down to people not wanting to accept their favorite characters getting destroyed, and coming up with bizarre rationalizations to try to justify things.
Like what happened with a friend of mine when his favorite Transformer ever, Starscream, got beat by a Pony.
Jhiaxus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 12:12 PM #90
> cyberv
CYBER OP, ENERGIZE!

cyberv
CYBER OP, ENERGIZE!

They seriously need to do He-Man vs. Hulk. It'd be EPIC
cyberv is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 12:37 PM #91
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

cyberv wrote: View Post

They seriously need to do He-Man vs. Hulk. It'd be EPIC
...except that they already did a Death Battle with He-Man.
Old April 25th, 2014, 08:04 PM #92
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

And according to this teaser, Fulgore's opponent will be....

*drumroll*

...Sektor from the Mortal Kombat franchise!

Eh, personally I'm more of a Cyrax kind of guy, mostly because out of the duo Cyrax's the less douche-y one. Although, it would make sense to pair the evil cyborgs versus the less douche-y cyborg.
Old April 25th, 2014, 08:59 PM #93
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

Why not as in original He-Man vs 2002 He-Man!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2014, 09:17 PM #94
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

OmniverseRanger wrote: View Post

Why not as in original He-Man vs 2002 He-Man!
Because...

Old April 25th, 2014, 10:22 PM #95
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Anything with Mortal Kombat automatically has me pumped, so I'm certainly looking foward to this and know who to root for.

My only nitpick is the fact that it had to be Sektor. Between the 4 cyborg ninjas of Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke and Sub-Zero, the Ketchup Robot has always been my least favorite. But I can understand why they chose him. In MK's story, Sektor has always been the more psychotic one that fully embraced his conversion.

Cyrax just rolled with it but always remembered his humanity, and Smoke & Sub-Zero had to be captured and converted against their wills.
Old April 25th, 2014, 11:55 PM #96
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

And according to this teaser, Fulgore's opponent will be....

*drumroll*

...Sektor from the Mortal Kombat franchise!
Whoa, wait, they're using Fulgore?

My wish actually came true? w00t
Old April 26th, 2014, 12:04 AM #97
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Primo Haim Saban wrote: View Post

Whoa, wait, they're using Fulgore?

My wish actually came true? w00t
...uh...we've known that Fulgore was going to be in the next Death Battle since the last one.

Unless if you thought they were trolling at the end of the Pokemon Battle Royale, which I'm not sure why they'd do that...
Old April 26th, 2014, 12:18 AM #98
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

...uh...we've known that Fulgore was going to be in the next Death Battle since the last one.
Oh, so it's not a wish coming true, it was just me having ESP.

I'll settle for that.
Old May 16th, 2014, 02:39 PM #99
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Death Battle: Fulgore VS Sektor is up for ScrewAttack Advantage members, so we should be getting it soon.

In the meantime, here's the rundown of both opponents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=409pvt_XIkg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7gJ_O5EoVk
Old May 16th, 2014, 10:49 PM #100
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Fulgore vs Sektor

Quick battle that ends with Fulgore's victory. Says next time will feature Godzilla.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote