Home Menu

Menu

Old April 27th, 2013, 06:20 AM #21
> Blue Shadow
Zanki

Blue Shadow
Zanki

I haven't been to Disney Land in a few years, the last one I visited was Disneyland Tokyo. The two rides there that stood out to me where Space Mountain, because instead of being a strap in roller coaster like in Paris, it was a fast, very dark, mine cart ride. The other was the Monster Inc. It' was the same as the Buzz Lightyear ride in Paris, shooting the bad guys which was pretty fun.

I really want to visit the parks in America, especially the ones in Florida, but Florida is far too expensive to get to and stay. Next time I go to PMC, I'm gonna head to Disney Land there and see what it's like. I like the Paris park more than Tokyo's. Tokyo had to force everything into a small area and Paris also had Disney Studios which is pretty cool.
Blue Shadow is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:15 AM #22
> TheOriginalRanger
Boston Muppet

eBay
TheOriginalRanger
Boston Muppet

eBay

on the IOA thing i guess if disney took away their rights from Marvel land, nick has a few action cartoons it could replace the are with ,TMNT,POWER RANGERS,Tuff Puppy,ETC so in a way it could make for a nice area
TheOriginalRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:51 AM #23
> seraphimranger
Power Ranger

seraphimranger
Power Ranger

i want to go to the Disney World and Universal in Florida!! that be an awesome experience. i been to the one in Cali though ad its still cool.
seraphimranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 05:45 PM #24
> Matt C
VIP Ranger

Matt C
VIP Ranger

TheOriginalRanger wrote: View Post

on the IOA thing i guess if disney took away their rights from Marvel land, nick has a few action cartoons it could replace the are with ,TMNT,POWER RANGERS,Tuff Puppy,ETC so in a way it could make for a nice area
Dick Cook says that Marvel will honor the theme park arrangements it's made with rivals. I guess as long as Universal continues to pay Marvel's licensing fee and occasionally update the Marvel-themed attractions, the rights will remain in perpetuity to Universal Orlando Resort.

But that won't stop Disney from putting in a Marvel-themed attraction in Disneyland
Matt C is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 06:02 PM #25
> Twisted-Alien
Power Ranger

Twisted-Alien
Power Ranger

Not to mention Universal just did some major revamping/updating of The Amazing Adventures of Spider-man. If the area was going any time soon, they wouldn't have even bothered.
Twisted-Alien is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 07:46 PM #26
> SIT SEEYAH
Sleepy

SIT SEEYAH
Sleepy

Twisted-Alien wrote: View Post

Looking forward to riding The Great Movie Ride at MGM Studios (Yes, I know it's now called Hollywood Studios).
Dude I've always called it MGM Studios too! but next time I go I might try and adjust to the name change. I read up on the History of the Disney-MGM relations regarding the park and it's really messy, with lawsuits being thrown here and there by both companies over the name rights and etc. The original purpose of that park was to celebrate the golden age of Films in the 30s, 40s and 50s and serve as a working movie studio itself. I know some of the Animated flicks were done there later on, like Mulan. At the time, MGM was the king and was directly linked to many of those classic golden age movies, so it made sense to partner with them.

Disney entered into agreement with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer to use the name for that initial purpose in 1985. At that point, Disney wouldn't kick start it's animation (and in my opinion, popularity) renascence until 1989 when The Little Mermaid hit theaters. Nowadays however, Disney seems to be the king of the film industry (Though I haven't looked into box office returns for all the Big time companies, so don't quote me on that) They freaking own Marvel and Star Wars, just those two would be enough to fill up a park, let alone all their other properties.

Naming the park the Disney Hollywood Studios does make sense now that there are so many attractions and events based on more up to date Films/TV that they can use.

I will say though, I'll always recognize the Earful Tower as the park symbol, not the Sorcerer hat.
SIT SEEYAH is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 07:50 PM #27
> Sama X
Let's Morphin

Sama X
Let's Morphin

I always thought Power Rangers would be a good candidate for taking over the Waterworld show at Universal Hollywood. The old cowboy stunt show space is going unused as well.
Sama X is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 10:32 PM #28
> Blue Shadow
Zanki

Blue Shadow
Zanki

Sama X wrote: View Post

I always thought Power Rangers would be a good candidate for taking over the Waterworld show at Universal Hollywood. The old cowboy stunt show space is going unused as well.
But that Waterworld show is awesome, I don't know why they would change it. I saw it last August. That park would easily be able to host a small Power Ranger show or something, but there isn't any reason for it. They have some awesome stuff in that park from big name films and shows. I don't think the Rangers are popular enough to warrant it.
Blue Shadow is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 10:49 PM #29
> Twisted-Alien
Power Ranger

Twisted-Alien
Power Ranger

Tyranno Ranger wrote: View Post

I will say though, I'll always recognize the Earful Tower as the park symbol, not the Sorcerer hat.
It also doesn't help that the hat blocked out the view of The Great Movie Ride. For someone who has seen the Chinese theater in L.A., the replica is as close as you can get to the real thing, outside at least. To block it out is a real shame.

And I hate that they got rid of Sounds Dangerous. Sure, it wasn't the most exciting thing there, but I thought it was fun. And it had Drew Carey, filmed back when he was a pretty decent star.

And don't get me started on the Sci-Fi Cafe.
Twisted-Alien is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:08 PM #30
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Matt C wrote: View Post

It would've been a nice slap in the face at Disney after Saban bought the franchise back and took the attraction to its competitor. As for storage, Universal could easily house the outfits and car in their Studios backlot. Doesn't take as much space like the Simpsons and Minions outfits.
Why slap them in the face though?

The attractions don't work like that, by the way. You don't just show up and say "here, put this in your park". Universal couldn't easily house the outfits and car in their backlot, it is a finite space, they'd have to find room for it and then Saban would have to pay for it. Why store it if you're not going to use it? Why would Universal use it if it wasn't going to bring in money like their other attractions?
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:26 PM #31
> TheOriginalRanger
Boston Muppet

eBay
TheOriginalRanger
Boston Muppet

eBay

Matt C wrote: View Post

Dick Cook says that Marvel will honor the theme park arrangements it's made with rivals. I guess as long as Universal continues to pay Marvel's licensing fee and occasionally update the Marvel-themed attractions, the rights will remain in perpetuity to Universal Orlando Resort.

But that won't stop Disney from putting in a Marvel-themed attraction in Disneyland
Thats actually pretty cool, i hadnt heard that and was wondering it...this next one is an honest question and me not being an ass but do they sell the toys even with the disney logos?
TheOriginalRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:41 PM #32
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

On May 11, Disney World will hold a special ceremony where Merida from Brave will become the 11th Disney Princess.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/0...rld-on-may-11/
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 08:59 PM #33
> Phantom6
Dark things fear my light

eBay
Phantom6
Dark things fear my light

eBay

Universal FL. is getting the Transformers "ride" too.

As much as I enjoy the exploits of the Cybertronians, I'm gonna pass.

Those moving room rides are terrible.

TheOriginalRanger wrote: View Post

Thats actually pretty cool, i hadnt heard that and was wondering it...this next one is an honest question and me not being an ass but do they sell the toys even with the disney logos?
Damn. I was kind of hoping Universal would try to get DC to offer up a deal.
Phantom6 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 09:17 PM #34
> w1cht3l
Power Ranger

w1cht3l
Power Ranger

Would there be Back to the future in Universal Theme park theme? or Frighteners?
w1cht3l is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 09:20 PM #35
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

I think the Six Flags parks have already got that covered, what with Warner Bros being a major part of it.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:15 PM #36
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Here's a look at the updated Star Tours ride at Tokyo Disneyland.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/0...-fun-tributes/
Old May 8th, 2013, 08:39 AM #37
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Universal Studios Orlando has officially announced that the expansion of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will include Diagon Alley, the Hogwarts Express, Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, and more rides such as roller coaster based off of Gringots Bank.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news...rlando_an.html

Last edited by ranger_scout; September 6th, 2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old May 8th, 2013, 03:41 PM #38
> Lee Noire
I think. Therefore I am.

Lee Noire
I think. Therefore I am.

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

So then, now that California Adventure's big expansion is pretty much finished, how successful do you think it was?

I sadly haven't been to CA in awhile, and the only parts of the expansion that I was able to experience was Toy Story: Midway Mania and World of Color. Midway was pretty fun when I went through it, and while I enjoy World of Color (and the subsequent updates they make depending on the Disney and/or Pixar film that is coming out that year), I'm a bit disappointed that there was no actual storyline that the show depicts.
I was a bit let down by California Adventure. As much as I love the new early California theme throughout the park, it still suffers the same issue, not enough major attractions. Not for a lack of trying though, they have filled the space the park occupies, but I could go for more park and less Downtown Disney. That is one reason I prefer Disneyland Park. DD is great for the resort aspect but I think really hurts CA but it does make sense as most of the people that go there are probably on vacation and not local like me.
Lee Noire is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:37 PM #39
> na.ha.ly
Power Ranger

na.ha.ly
Power Ranger

It's kind of sad that I have an annual pass to Disneyland and could go every day if I wanted, though try to go once a week or so (depending on how tired I am from work that week), that I don't know a lot about it. Wow. I have noticed some things but it's interesting that they are replacing that Snow White ride and making a different one. Good that I have gone to that ride, even though in parts, it creeps me out. Hehe. Mostly when you see the queen as the old lady.

Blue Shadow, those two rides you describe that are your favs, they sound like the ones in the Disneyland here in California. :]

But hearing about the Wizarding World of HP, it seriously sounds awesome and jealous that I'm way on the other side of the country. Can't wait for the California one to have some of that awesomeness.
na.ha.ly is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 08:16 PM #40
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Here's a closer look at the upcoming expansion for the Wizard World of Harry Potter in Orlando.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/0...ersal-orlando/