Home Menu

Menu

Old August 28th, 2012, 08:50 PM #21
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Wow, that is totally unexpected. At least, it's ABC, which is actually good. Better than shitty FOX.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:52 PM #22
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

TZKBTJ wrote: View Post

I just think that it will be an absolutely dreadful show that will not last the first season. I love Marvel, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and anything Josh Whedon, but I just hate the idea of having S.H.I.E.L.D. agents be the basis of a series and the idea of no "supers" just throws me off. But hey, they just announced the series being green-lit, so we will hear more as it develops.

By the way, I thought A.I.M. was already being introduced in Iron Man 3?
Is it no idea they were still Shield could deal with them post their introduction. Marvel has a lot of non-super beings doing things. Hell we can get a bunch of non-super beings introduced in this show so they can expand on it later. We could also see superbeings in this. Every so often Shield agents finds a new person to join Shield or possible be looked at the Avengers team. This is a good way also to bridge Superbeings with the Supernatural beings. If so wanted Marvel owns the rights to Blade which could have him in an episode as Shield agents battle Vampires. There is so much you can do with it even comedic episodes guest staring Great Lake Avengers.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:55 PM #23
> MysticSentai
I'm worse than your aunt

MysticSentai
I'm worse than your aunt

This is EXACTLY what Marvel needs. There is so much backstory with S.H.I.E.L.D., especially Hawkeye and Black Widow, that needs to be explored. And having the guy who directed the somewhat S.H.I.E.L.D. movie involved only means that, if anything, this will flesh out this franchise the way it should be. If you've seen the Item 47 short, you know that this idea can work. And will.
MysticSentai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:55 PM #24
> FlashmanX
Prism Flash

FlashmanX
Prism Flash

I heard about this last month but heard its just suppose to be a detective show staring shield taking place in marvel movie u
I also heard of another possible show but I guess it didn't make it. This other show was also suppose to be set in marvel movie u but it was about a reporter working for a marvel u newspaper.

when I think of this show I picture the cast of bones but instead of reg cases they will have to stop the mutant who robs the bank how his power is walking through walls.

they already have this show on tv its called fringe.
FlashmanX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 09:20 PM #25
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Interesting, but then what it all boils down to is a cop drama. Not saying it'll be bad, Whedon does good stuff, but I just wonder how interesting it'll be. Oh well definitely going to keep and eye on it and unless it looks totally horrible I might actually watch the pilot.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 09:25 PM #26
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Cop drama? I was thinking more along the lines of "Alias," actually. Except with the threat of aliens, magic, and potential supervillains that one might expect from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

It's obviously not going to have Thor flying in and blasting people through walls every five minutes, but it's not going to be a standard police show either.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 09:47 PM #27
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

I imagine this will be something similar to the Nick fury Agent of Shield comics, sans Fury. Perhaps we'll get a Quartermain or Dum Dum instead.

You know what they should do? Just screw with everyone and base it on Shield, the recent miniseries with Leonardo DaVinci and Nikolai Tesla.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:04 PM #28
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Matt C wrote: View Post

... and given the treatment Fox gave "Firefly" and "Dollhouse" he'd have to be deranged to work with them again.
Who's them? The people who cancelled Firefly weren't in charge anymore when Whedon did Dollhouse and that show was treated pretty good. The ratings were crap, but Fox gave the show another chance and ordered a second season and allowed Dollhouse to wrap up its story lines. Dollhouse is a short series but it still tells a complete story, that's not bad.

They should try to get Cobie Smulders for S.H.I.E.L.D., I think her contract for How I met your mother ends after this season so they have to be quick before she resigns with that show.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:06 PM #29
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Well, this is a pleasant surprise.

I'm not exactly too much of Whedon fan to understand some of the going-ons, so not commenting on that.

That said, this show has a lot of potential, and I heartily look forward to it.

TZKBTJ wrote: View Post

I just think that it will be an absolutely dreadful show that will not last the first season. I love Marvel, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and anything Josh Whedon, but I just hate the idea of having S.H.I.E.L.D. agents be the basis of a series and the idea of no "supers" just throws me off. But hey, they just announced the series being green-lit, so we will hear more as it develops.

By the way, I thought A.I.M. was already being introduced in Iron Man 3?
I disagree.

Just because not everyone is S.H.I.E.L.D. has superpowers doesn't mean that it'll be completely boring.

Hell, there's a basis of a good story right there:

"How will a bunch of government agents, with absolutely no super-powers, fight against supervillians?"

Lots of possibilities there. It could be as simple as develop a life-saving gadget, or outsmarting the villain.

Since, you know, you could only get so much depth out of "punch the villain really hard until they fall down".

The only concern that I have is how interconnected the TV series will be to the movies. I honestly don't want the TV series to be too directly tied to the events of the movies to the point that you have to understand the movies in order to get what happens in the series. They could drop a few references here and there, but don't make an entire episode rely on the events of what had happened in a previous movie. So in other words, let the series be its' own thing.

Last edited by TeraMan; August 28th, 2012 at 11:20 PM.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:08 PM #30
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

I want Coulson. If the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series can still have him, this show should too.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:19 PM #31
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

PrimoPiccolo wrote: View Post

I want Coulson. If the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series can still have him, this show should too.
A prequel to the Marvel Age in the movieverse would be kind of cool.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:36 PM #32
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Pepper wrote: View Post

Who's them? The people who cancelled Firefly weren't in charge anymore when Whedon did Dollhouse and that show was treated pretty good. The ratings were crap, but Fox gave the show another chance and ordered a second season and allowed Dollhouse to wrap up its story lines. Dollhouse is a short series but it still tells a complete story, that's not bad.

They should try to get Cobie Smulders for S.H.I.E.L.D., I think her contract for How I met your mother ends after this season so they have to be quick before she resigns with that show.
Well I think Smulders is staying till the show ends. Still that doesn't mean she can't be in this depending on the shooting schedule of both shows. She could also have a cameo status in a number of episodes and if the show is still going join it full time after HIMYM ends.
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:26 AM #33
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Well I think Smulders is staying till the show ends.
I'm not so sure, HIMYM is getting a little long in the tooth, the show will end soon, even if it's renewed the ninth season will likely be the last, I don't think she'd leave it for a random pilot at this point, but if they offer her a part on a show based on one of the biggest hits of the last years? That's a really big opportunity, if it's a success she could establish herself as a big part of the franchise, if it's a failure she's still part of the franchise (in a smaller role) and still has 8 years of HIMYM on her resume and I'm sure they'd be willing to bring her back in some capacity if she'd become available again.

Still that doesn't mean she can't be in this depending on the shooting schedule of both shows. She could also have a cameo status in a number of episodes and if the show is still going join it full time after HIMYM ends.
But that's a pretty big gamble, if they offer her a part and she declines they have to replace her with someone else, even if they don't recast Hill they would bring in another character. By the time HIMYM ends they might not need her anymore because her role on the show has already been filled and they don't want to get rid of an actor/character they've become attached to to make room for her.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:45 AM #34
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

HIMYM has a defined end going now. With the departure of Marshal they pretty much know its over. So it won't be more then two seasons and this might be the last unless they renewed for a 9th. Still I think she wanted to head out towards movies. Which is a smart move and she has Avengers keeping her in the spotlight with her contracts for that. If she still wants TV being in a smaller role as Maria Hill in the Shield show could work for her. Then though does she want to keep playing the same role in movies and tv? That is why cameos would be better for her character.
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:45 AM #35
> Chiron723
Power Ranger

Chiron723
Power Ranger

Pepper wrote: View Post

I'm not so sure, HIMYM is getting a little long in the tooth, the show will end soon, even if it's renewed the ninth season will likely be the last, I don't think she'd leave it for a random pilot at this point, but if they offer her a part on a show based on one of the biggest hits of the last years? That's a really big opportunity, if it's a success she could establish herself as a big part of the franchise, if it's a failure she's still part of the franchise (in a smaller role) and still has 8 years of HIMYM on her resume and I'm sure they'd be willing to bring her back in some capacity if she'd become available again.

But that's a pretty big gamble, if they offer her a part and she declines they have to replace her with someone else, even if they don't recast Hill they would bring in another character. By the time HIMYM ends they might not need her anymore because her role on the show has already been filled and they don't want to get rid of an actor/character they've become attached to to make room for her.
Simple solution. Have it be a localized branch of S.H.I.E.L.D. with their own Chief, that way you can have a separate group to follow and still have Maria Hill show up for certain missions. After all Hill is Fury's 2nd in command by the end of Avengers if not before, she can be the face for the higher ups that you usually don't see in these types of shows.
Chiron723 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 06:31 AM #36
> Icon-UK
Accentuate the positive

Icon-UK
Accentuate the positive

I rather like the idea of SHIELD being like "A View From the Gallery" in Babylon 5, which was a genre-breaking episode inasmuch as the entire dramatic confrontation was told from the point of view of two maintenance guys on the station, who spend their time doing vaguely sci-fi-ish maintenance things that we've seen going on in the background since the show began, and who have a delightful low key dialogue about the cosmic events that we're used to seeing. Watching G'Kar and Londo doing their bickering as they walk past and commenting "How long have THEY been married"

SHIELD are the men and women who are there to make sure we've never HEARD of "The Radioactive Man" or try to keep a lid on the criminal syndicate calling itself "The Serpent Society". It's a job... it may involve rocket packs and more tech gadgets than the entire Q-Division, but it's a job. They don't wear capes, and they don't wear masks, but they keep the world that little bit safer.

And if you DO want a slobberknocker of a fight scene, I'm sure they can afford those a few times a season
Icon-UK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:00 AM #37
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

Just Becuase S.H.I.E.L.D doesn't have alot of Supers on it's roster doesn't mean there won't be any.

I'd like to see an Episode featuring Luck Cage and The Heroes for Hire.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:08 AM #38
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

I hope it isnt a prequel show. Too many of that sort as it is. There also incredibly pointless as there not moving anything forward, I'd rather have something concurrent in the gaps between Avengers movies and whatnot.

Am I the only one who doesnt give a damn about Coulson? I don't understand his popularity at all.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 01:44 PM #39
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Not sure if it's just me, but the link to the article doesn't want to load.
GalaxyRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 02:47 PM #40
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

I hope it isnt a prequel show. Too many of that sort as it is. There also incredibly pointless as there not moving anything forward, I'd rather have something concurrent in the gaps between Avengers movies and whatnot.

Am I the only one who doesnt give a damn about Coulson? I don't understand his popularity at all.
Yeah I agree with you on the Coulson. I liked him and he was fun but other then having ties which Wheadon exploited to get the team together what purpose does he serve now? People want him to be the Vision. A in name only character at that point if they did. I liked Coulson hell I wouldn't mind if he actually survived it'd be a cool moment. Yet forcing so much around him is just ugh.

Tags
daisy the quake johnson