Menu

Old August 28th, 2012, 07:15 PM #1
> GokaiSilver
Silver Dream

GokaiSilver
Silver Dream

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Show summary.

Joss Whedon shows us not all heroes are super with "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Fresh from his role in the summerís box office smash, Marvel's The Avengers, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of Agents to tackle the cases that havenít been classified yet, the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). Theyíll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual Ė of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents Ė that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.

Executive Produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen ("Dollhouse," "Dr.Horribleís Sing-Along Blog"), Jeffrey Bell ("Angel," "Alias") and Jeph Loeb ("Smallville," "Lost," "Heroes") comes Marvelís first live-action TV series, "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

-------------------------------------------
Old Info.
Article here

ABC has ordered a pilot for S.H.I.E.L.D, a live-action series from The Avengers writer-director Joss Whedon, Marvel TV and ABC Studios. The project is based on Marvelís peacekeeping organization S.H.I.E.L.D (which stands for Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate or Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division) found in both the Marvel comic book and feature film universes, including the blockbuster 2012 movie The Avengers, in which S.H.I.E.L.D director Nick Fury, recruits Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, and Thor to stop Thorís adoptive brother Loki from subjugating Earth.

S.H.I.E.L.D. will be written by Whedon and frequent collaborators, his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. Joss Whedon also is set to direct the pilot, schedule permitting. Production on the pilot, which marks the first live-action Marvel TV project to get a green light, will start immediately. Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Tancharoen executive produce with Jeffrey Bell and Marvel TVís Jeph Loeb.
It's also going to feature all new characters, according to Whedon. And it might even include characters not introduced into the films in the TV series.

Article here

Itís new characters. It needs to be its own thing. It needs to be adjacent [to the movies]. You donít want to do a show where youíre constantly going, ĎIron Man just left, but he was totally here a minute ago.í You want them to go off on their own thing, and say, well, what has S.H.I.E.L.D. got that the heroes donít have? And part of that for me is, theyíre not superheroes, but they live in that universe. That makes them a little bit * even though theyíre a big organization * underdogs, and so thatís really interesting to me.
So, this was unexpected...

What does everyone think about this? I'm actually...not sure how I feel, honestly. Wish Joss did something other than a Marvel related thing and something of his own work, but oh well.

Last edited by McAster; April 7th, 2013 at 06:57 AM.
GokaiSilver is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:17 PM #2
> Phantom6
Dark things fear my light

eBay
Phantom6
Dark things fear my light

eBay

But all of his personal works end up on Fox... then canceled.
Phantom6 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:24 PM #3
> auroraTerra
Trans Caelestis Caelum

auroraTerra
Trans Caelestis Caelum

I'm really not sure what to think of this. I'm just a tad bit disappointed. I also wish he would do more of his own work.
auroraTerra is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:24 PM #4
> GokaiSilver
Silver Dream

GokaiSilver
Silver Dream

Phantom6 wrote: View Post

Oh Firefly...
I honestly...didn't really get into it, I should try again.

auroraTerra wrote: View Post

I'm really not sure what to think of this. I'm just a tad bit disappointed. I also wish he would do more of his own work.
I agree. I'm actually a recent fan of Buffy (thanks to Netflix) and just loved the series so much.

I've been trying to get into his other stuff too, and while its great that he's attached to The Avengers and all

I kind of want him to do something of his own (and not get canceled)
GokaiSilver is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:25 PM #5
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

This was unexpected, hoping it does succeed though.
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:31 PM #6
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

This was actually rumored quite a while ago. As per Whedon's new deal with Marvel, he's basically only doing Marvel-related things from now until "Avengers 2," which he is writing and directing. In the meantime, he oversees the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

It's only logical he'd be part of the TV series.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:34 PM #7
> Redlunarwolf
Evil Titanium Ranger

Redlunarwolf
Evil Titanium Ranger

Doesn't Disney own ABC or at least a part of it? Sorta makes sense considering Marvel is owned by Disney if that's the case.
Redlunarwolf is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:34 PM #8
> Nyranger
Crazy Mariachi

Nyranger
Crazy Mariachi

He's like, the current Godfather of the live action marvel universe, and I'm fine with that.
Nyranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:34 PM #9
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Interesting personally I'd love a Nick Fury show. Sam Jackson is to busy being in everything to do a Fury show so meh. I'll watch I'm both a fan of Wheadon and the idea of Shield so it could be good. ABC which means he might get a show to season 2 without some other show getting canned.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:37 PM #10
> rmenduran
Power Ranger

rmenduran
Power Ranger

Redlunarwolf wrote: View Post

Doesn't Disney own ABC or at least a part of it? Sorta makes sense considering Marvel is owned by Disney if that's the case.
Disney does owe all of ABC

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole SHIELD thing. I personally don't care for the SHIELD team itself. I wonder if it's going to be about lower SHIELD agents or the big ones like Nick Fury and Maria Hill.
rmenduran is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:39 PM #11
> TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

This may be the worst idea that Marvel has green-lit since having Ang Lee direct The Hulk.
TZKBTJ is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM #12
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

TZKBTJ wrote: View Post

This may be the worst idea that Marvel has green-lit since having Ang Lee direct The Hulk.
Why is that?
DJ1107 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM #13
> rangermaster
手裏剣戦隊ニンニンジャー

rangermaster
手裏剣戦隊ニンニンジャー

I agree. I really liked Dollhouse and Firefly but of course Fox cancelled it. Although he is attached to the Avengers/Marvel stuff right now. I hope for one that this new series is good and actually stays on the air for more then 1/2 seasons. As well as he works on his own stuff and it too stays on the air longer.
rangermaster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:43 PM #14
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

TZKBTJ wrote: View Post

How so? I have to ask because it seems like a pretty sound idea. Shield is made up of men and women who serve it. They to have adventures of their own outside of Super heroes and this will be a chance to actually show how Shield agents work. This will also allow for the expanding of the Marvel cinematic world which could link plots to the movies. Aim could be introduced very nicely here and be a threat.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:44 PM #15
> auroraTerra
Trans Caelestis Caelum

auroraTerra
Trans Caelestis Caelum

GokaiSilver wrote: View Post

I agree. I'm actually a recent fan of Buffy (thanks to Netflix) and just loved the series so much.

I've been trying to get into his other stuff too, and while its great that he's attached to The Avengers and all

I kind of want him to do something of his own (and not get canceled)
Yea, I just hope that if he does make something of his own, it will not be cancelled.
auroraTerra is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:46 PM #16
> Matt C
VIP Ranger

Matt C
VIP Ranger

Whedon has an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios up through June 2015, and given the treatment Fox gave "Firefly" and "Dollhouse" he'd have to be deranged to work with them again.

While this is good news, I hope ABC Studios and Marvel aren't tempted to turn S.H.I.E.L.D. into a procedural. But I admit a Marvel twist on the usual procedural under Whedon's sensibilities has a lot of potential... story-wise and movie-wise if it's canon to the film MCU.
Matt C is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:01 PM #17
> maritroniuity
Dangerous Zombabe

maritroniuity
Dangerous Zombabe

Whedon is cursed to not have another show with a decent run. So, canceled in 5...4...3...2...
maritroniuity is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:07 PM #18
> PegasasuRanger
Banned

PegasasuRanger
Banned

Not sure what everyone's talking about, Whedon has been doing his own thang for years. Why not adapt a franchise for a change?
I say, great news, I'll defenetely check it out. I just wonder what characters will be showing up, and if it will be a part of the Marvel movieverse.
PegasasuRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:14 PM #19
> SwAmPeX!
I touch your anus

SwAmPeX!
I touch your anus

I really want to be a follow up of the ITEM 47 short. Wich when i sae it I thought it will be an amazing tv show.
SwAmPeX! is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:46 PM #20
> TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

DJ1107 wrote: View Post

Why is that?
christopherjohn wrote: View Post

How so? I have to ask because it seems like a pretty sound idea. Shield is made up of men and women who serve it. They to have adventures of their own outside of Super heroes and this will be a chance to actually show how Shield agents work. This will also allow for the expanding of the Marvel cinematic world which could link plots to the movies. Aim could be introduced very nicely here and be a threat.
I just think that it will be an absolutely dreadful show that will not last the first season. I love Marvel, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and anything Josh Whedon, but I just hate the idea of having S.H.I.E.L.D. agents be the basis of a series and the idea of no "supers" just throws me off. But hey, they just announced the series being green-lit, so we will hear more as it develops.

By the way, I thought A.I.M. was already being introduced in Iron Man 3?
TZKBTJ is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
daisy the quake johnson